PDA

View Full Version : Awesome game ... horrable ending!

Craid
18th Dec 2007, 01:30
I loved the game... a few bugs here and there... but in all a very desent game, that incorporates a nice mix of playstyles (i.e. sneak killing, rushing, standoffs and sniping) I really liked the caracters - for the simple reason that IF you are a fullblown killingmachine with a high tollerance for getting wounded, your personality is probably far from the general hollywood heroes... a few "storyline holes" does mess a bit with the overall impression, (i.e. ending a level with someone saying "I'm done with this - you are on your own" and then the next level he is there ready to "die by your side"... maybe a bit more should have been put into actually fixing the story so stuff like that didn't happen...

Right ... ok ... the ending...

As far as i can tell, there is no way to complete the game without EVERYTHING being muffed up... i will attempt to avoid any type of spoilers so i will not mention stuff or characters...
All i will say is : i tried to take the "quick" way out - in all difficulties... no good ending, and when you take the "long" ending you are being given crap for not taking the "quick" ending...
I completed the "long" way out - all difficulties... no good ending... I even took a round on easy going REALLY slow making sure NOONE got hit at all - and still it went wrong ... i mean cmon ... how can u not make it posible to save the day ... i'm totally bummed!!!

Prior to the ending the game got a 9/10 from me ... the last part however pulls it WAY down ... i would say that the feeling that i have for it right now is 6-7/10 ... sad really... cause as i said ... i loved it...

I just uninstalled it... I don't think i will ever play it again.

Candle
18th Dec 2007, 02:00
Tragic heroes. They aren't good guys, never will be. A murder and a merc; what were you expecting? Did you expect them to find a magic stone that would save all their problems?

I hope there is a sequel.

Craid
18th Dec 2007, 02:04
LOL no ... but how can people that dosn't get hit die??? It's lame ... yes i agree that it shouldn't be a "happy" ending ... but making the ONLY outcome u can get nomatter WHAT you do muffed up isn't cool!

Candle
18th Dec 2007, 02:39
A certain person dying is like a cutscene, right? its not determined if you slow your way through the level.

The point of this game is that these are bad people, but Kane can choose to be a self centered jerk and have a daughter that doesnt give about him and wants to die. OR show his daughter he isnt completely evil and save his men, but she dies.

Craid
18th Dec 2007, 06:09
Well my point is that nomatter what you do, you fail ... I don't play games to lose ... i play to win ... and completing this game felt like losing! The storyline is what binds games like this together ... making the storyline so that you fail by default sux imo!

Candle
18th Dec 2007, 11:22
Everyone wants to be a big hero and stop the bad guys like Kane and Lynch, but in this game you get revenge and try to save the only people that matter while screwing a bunch of innocents over. Thats why you fail, you may still have kane on your side, but your daughter is dead.

Or your daughter may live, but she hates you and your closest thing you have to a friend is dead.

MeowNyu
18th Dec 2007, 12:11
hmm since my english is not good =P (didn't understand the post up there very much) i wonder if there's is more then one ending? i just compeleted it and kane left all guys behind D; , he took his daughter with him tho

btw, how do i play as Lynch?

Candle
18th Dec 2007, 20:10
Lynch requires Co-op.

And yes, take the other patch.

Psykopig
23rd Dec 2007, 01:46
I am gonna have to disagree with you there!

The ending was fantasmical!!!

Bad Guys get screwed....thats the moral....there is no good in shooting up half the population....robbing banks....murdering...the whole thing is one blunderbuss of bad deeds....

you reap what you sow is what I am getting at here.

Anyway, awesome ending imo! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

ANB_Seth
24th Dec 2007, 14:57
*spoiler*
well, just finished the game and ... okay, the ending sucks. And not because Kane gets screwed no matter what. He's a bad guy, and after all he's done he deserves to die (or worse) for all I care.
Saving his men or his daughter, good idea for a final choice. He either changes some priorities in his life and takes care of his girl, than keep on killing ... (after all, for what?). And that his daughter hates him for saving her that way, well, no problem with that, shes better off NOT looking up to that guy anyway. All in all, descent ending ideas.

But what really bums me out are those big plot-holes. I mean, as long as there isnt any bug on my end, i really missed some kind of explanatory-cutscenes. i.e. What are "the7"? What was Kane doing for them? Where and how did he "betray" them? How, where and what did he steal from them? What was in the briefcase ... or, okay, if they want to do the "ronin" thing, fine, i dont need to know whats in it ... but why did Kane have the Combinations for the bank vault? Who was that japanese guy he used to be connected with? What happened to Kanes "dead" son that was mentioned near the end?
Questions that really got me goint throughout the game, because I hoped that I would find out whats behind them. And then, nothing, the end. And thats another thing, just "the end" .... i hate to get kicked out of a game with the credits all over sudden. No big ending-scene, no wrapping up? I played the whole game and not even is it a bad ending no matter what I do, its a quick ending. After the rendered intro, I would want to see a rendered ending, or something like that, wrapping things up, not just a map-end.

I really pray for a bug that is responsible for some missing cut-scenes (and that says something), because that game just feels ... i dunno, incomplete. Like watching a movie and leaving the theatre four or five times to take a leak.

give the game a 5/10 ......... would be 8/10 without those plot-holes.

Artmann
26th Dec 2007, 00:07
Must admit that i felt like ANB_Seth.. Atleast let the daught live or somthing in the second outcome, and tell Us the story about Kane and what he did..
Fells like you just wanted to end the game, so you could get it out before christmas sale began..

technique626
28th Dec 2007, 07:44
I thought I would get to rob more banks and stuff. I also didn't think it would take me less than one day to beat it, considering I had work today and I'm not even that good at video games. Bad ending unless there is a sequel. REALLY fun to play tho. Oh and it took me forever to get it to work! So it really wasn't worth it. WOMP WOMP!

Dexter O
1st Jan 2008, 02:31
I loved the ending, I was disappointed that it cut to the credits so quickly though.

The message, as most have already said, is that criminals stories do not end happily, these men are lawless murderers that don't deserve a happy ending. That's what makes Kane & Lynch so unique.

It was touching to see Kane console with Lynch, asking if Jenny would be OK, Lynch couldn't give a hell of course but it was a really emotional moment to see Kane in pieces really looking for help with his unconscious daughter in his arms...

A very poetic ending.

Craid
10th Jan 2008, 03:15
Nomatter what you do you feel like you fail ... I don't play games to fail - i play to win. If his daughter had been wacked by one of The7 and you could end the game with wacking him in an insane bloodrage fine - it would fit the game ... i get that they are bad men and that Kane dosn't deserve happyness... i get that it shouldn't be a "happy" ending ... but Cmon u end the game with a fail... If it had been a movie yes it would have been a good ending, but this is a game ... You guys are complaining about the lack of a cutsceene - and i agree it would have been cool... but imho not being able to "avenge" his daughters death in some way is retarded. i mean IF you are a psyco maniac and the only thing you care about in this world got taken from you, how would you react? NOT by reading a letter to her corpse you can be damn sure about that... if ANYONE was left alive in the compound, they would be subject of your fury... yes ... i wanted my "bloodrage" ending ... instead i got a BS 10 sec ingame clip of two badasses with a dead chick on a dingy ... great!

The socalled "plotholes" defenetly charges up for the next episode... no doubt about that so ... i wouldn't call them plotholes - more lose ends...

If you want to debate the "gameplay" well the only lame thing really is that you can snipe your way through most of it. Ofcause you yourself deside if you want to exploit this - so. And the game is too short/easy to complete ... other than that i saw no other mistakes or weaknesses.

Candle
10th Jan 2008, 19:51
I like the boat ending because it seems like Kane doesn't want to accept his daughter is dead.

tellurye
16th Jan 2008, 23:00
Craid,

Thanks for posting. Did you try both endings? Forgive me, not sure if the PC has that option or not.

I haven't finished the game, so of course I cant comment. I'm only using the game guide to replay the levels for a different method, maybe picking up weapons.

Yeah, I love this game. Its marred with some bugs, but this is so addicting and the fact you bounce from a shoot out with the cops after a prison break to Tokyo, and a jungle, is just too addicting!

But I guess if I were a multiplayer person, Id be upset with the issues too, I suppose.

ANB_Seth
21st Jan 2008, 13:15
well I loved the idea of the endings, yet not how it was presented. Too short, too soon, too fast. And I loved the idea about Kane reading the letter to his dead daughter, who, even if she where alive, couldnt care less about his crap.

Thats what it is about. Kane is a selfish bastard. He only thinks about himself. Like getting forgivnes from his daughter, because "he" needs it. Its like that scene at the building-site where his wife was shot. The only thing he said to his daughter was "listen, i wrote a letter" .... great, what should she care, she was about to die. So again, the ending on that boat, great idea. He acts selfish by trying to rescue that bunch of murderers he took along, so his daughter wont think he is a traitor like everyone said he was. But he isnt doing this for her. He is doing this for himself. So he looses her. But, he choose to take the chopper and take his daughter to safety, he looses her respect for ever, yet saving her life. Perfect idea to end this game, by letting him do the right thing in his first selfless act.

And why do you want bloodrage at the end? Its what you saw all game long.

unihoaxer
30th Jan 2008, 15:01
I am bummed that you didn't end the experience on the same note that was delivered throughout the game. Sometimes I am let down by an ending in other games (definitely not Kane and Lynch, I loved the whole game) and I shelve it to come back later and give it another go.

TJBurton
30th Jan 2008, 16:29
*spoiler*
well, just finished the game and ... okay, the ending sucks. And not because Kane gets screwed no matter what. He's a bad guy, and after all he's done he deserves to die (or worse) for all I care.
Saving his men or his daughter, good idea for a final choice. He either changes some priorities in his life and takes care of his girl, than keep on killing ... (after all, for what?). And that his daughter hates him for saving her that way, well, no problem with that, shes better off NOT looking up to that guy anyway. All in all, descent ending ideas.

But what really bums me out are those big plot-holes. I mean, as long as there isnt any bug on my end, i really missed some kind of explanatory-cutscenes. i.e. What are "the7"? What was Kane doing for them? Where and how did he "betray" them? How, where and what did he steal from them? What was in the briefcase ... or, okay, if they want to do the "ronin" thing, fine, i dont need to know whats in it ... but why did Kane have the Combinations for the bank vault? Who was that japanese guy he used to be connected with? What happened to Kanes "dead" son that was mentioned near the end?
Questions that really got me goint throughout the game, because I hoped that I would find out whats behind them. And then, nothing, the end. And thats another thing, just "the end" .... i hate to get kicked out of a game with the credits all over sudden. No big ending-scene, no wrapping up? I played the whole game and not even is it a bad ending no matter what I do, its a quick ending. After the rendered intro, I would want to see a rendered ending, or something like that, wrapping things up, not just a map-end.

I really pray for a bug that is responsible for some missing cut-scenes (and that says something), because that game just feels ... i dunno, incomplete. Like watching a movie and leaving the theatre four or five times to take a leak.

give the game a 5/10 ......... would be 8/10 without those plot-holes.

Ok i just had to register to say a few things about this comment. Umm... there obviously leaving parts out because they're probably planning on doing a prequel to the game to explain alot, i think a sequel is out of the question with the choice of endings it gives you. In Kane and Lynch: Dead Men, there are alot of faults that should be fixed and prob will be if they decide to bring out another. Eidos and IOI interactive are hardly leaving out plot holes for the fun of it and to annoy the gamer! And as for a "bug that is responsible for some missing cut-scenes " is the most stupid thing i have ever heard someone say about a game. I just found the plot holes making the game more intriguing and im looking forward to seeing where they take things with the next Kane and Lynch if they do decide to make another one

TJBurton
31st Jan 2008, 18:30
I was searching on the web and eidos have confirmed they are making Kane and Lynch 2 and have sold the movie rights for it to Lionsgate. A spokesman from eidos say "We’ve already got Kane & Lynch 2 in production, which just goes to show the belief we have in it as a long-term franchise.”

So from my last reply, i was right :cool:

ANB_Seth
2nd Feb 2008, 20:15
... And as for a "bug that is responsible for some missing cut-scenes " is the most stupid thing i have ever heard someone say about a game....

well, I agree ... and yet I wont apologize, because I ACTUALLY experienced that kind of bug before in a game. Resident Evil 4 I believe, yet im not sure. Some bug just skipped the rendered movie-clips, what made it a lllllllittle strange to play ; )

And yep, Kane and Lynch sure felt like exactly that, especially at the begining and the ending of more or less every map. I wouldnt ask myself this stupid bug-question just for no reason, you know ; )

So sure, they dont need to tell everything if they wanna do a sequel, but it is a question of "how" you keep things in the shadows. In Kane and Lynch it feels just wrong. Like the endings. Too short, too quick. Everything just pushes you from one thing to the next, one blood-bath after another and off to the credits. It sure could have used some slower parts, a little time to explore the characters, the storyline between those action-packed passages, a little pause here and there if you will, because the idea and feeling of this game is so uniqe and fresh, its almost a shame that it just rushes you thru so quickly, and keeping ...well ...yep, more or less "every" question unanswered, just so there can be a prequel or sequel.

So dont get me wrong, I loved the game, and thats why im so disappointed on this side. The game could have used better storytelling

Scarecrow15
2nd Feb 2008, 20:38
Don't know what some of you guys are talking about. This isn't a normal game, so it shouldn't have a normal ending. I think the paths and their outcomes are great for the game they're in. Besides, if you guys get anxious or upset having your daughter die and Lynch (possibly) die, you can do what i did and just vent it on that running jerk Shelly. No harm, no foul.

Urik
3rd Feb 2008, 12:19
Well my point is that nomatter what you do, you fail ... I don't play games to lose ... i play to win ... and completing this game felt like losing! The storyline is what binds games like this together ... making the storyline so that you fail by default sux imo!

Yeah, the ending "save your men" made me play that last level again and again
just to see if there's any hope that's Jenny and Lynch will not die...
Such a sad end... but shows merciless reality.

TJBurton
6th Feb 2008, 19:06
well, I agree ... and yet I wont apologize, because I ACTUALLY experienced that kind of bug before in a game. Resident Evil 4 I believe, yet im not sure. Some bug just skipped the rendered movie-clips, what made it a lllllllittle strange to play ; )

And yep, Kane and Lynch sure felt like exactly that, especially at the begining and the ending of more or less every map. I wouldnt ask myself this stupid bug-question just for no reason, you know ; )

So sure, they dont need to tell everything if they wanna do a sequel, but it is a question of "how" you keep things in the shadows. In Kane and Lynch it feels just wrong. Like the endings. Too short, too quick. Everything just pushes you from one thing to the next, one blood-bath after another and off to the credits. It sure could have used some slower parts, a little time to explore the characters, the storyline between those action-packed passages, a little pause here and there if you will, because the idea and feeling of this game is so uniqe and fresh, its almost a shame that it just rushes you thru so quickly, and keeping ...well ...yep, more or less "every" question unanswered, just so there can be a prequel or sequel.

So dont get me wrong, I loved the game, and thats why im so disappointed on this side. The game could have used better storytelling

Ya i agree but i liked the fast pace of it and its dark humour, i must admit it did end a bit quick but it was a just ending for the game, i think its better that the daughter dies because it adds to the darkness and grief that kane experiences throughout the game

Kamikazehoer
17th Mar 2008, 16:01
Yeah, the ending "save your men" made me play that last level again and again
just to see if there's any hope that's Jenny and Lynch will not die...
Such a sad end... but shows merciless reality.

I didn't see Lynch die, I just saw him get shot, he gets shot every 3 seconds during the game, even sporting bulletholes in the head from time to time, so I thought nothing of the gutshot on the boat :D

Someone responded to the Jenny situation with "you're never able to change anything during a cut-scene", Jenny doesn't get shot during a cut-scene, that's the annoying part, you kind of feel able to save her, but whatever you do, she get's gunned down.

Believe me, I kept replaying it, trying to save her, even when I hadn't given her any adrenaline shots (so in theory, she should've been able to be revived) but she kept on dying by some magical bullet that came out of absolutely nowhere.

The last time (I had grown tired of retrying that **** on morphine) I was standing in front of her at the docks, Shelly was shooting the last two guards on the docks, and a bullet passes through me and hits her, very annoying.

If they had added some sort of retarded move by her in a scripted animation, where she runs onto the docks, I would have been fine with it, that way it would have looked like it was her own fault.

Of course if had to look like you were completely responsible for her death, to me you would have been that either way, seeing as you took her into a village of gun toting freaks. :D

One of the "plotholes" pointed out by someone here, about his son, is actually in the manual.

His son was playing around and got hold of Kane's service pistol (no mention on what kind of service, military or police I'm guessing) and shot himself. he was two at the time.

I got the game on Saturday and love it to death, I completed it in one sitting, playing twelve hours straight all night long, fell asleep afterwards and woke up 1 AM Sunday night :D (thank god I had the day off Monday )

Just played the Multiplayer for the first time, it fkn rules

DonkeyPunchedYourSis
25th Mar 2008, 14:47
I should give you crap for wasting your time doing it the long way. What I thought was odd was that Kane left Lynch flat in the end. I don't see Lynch trusting Kane much in the sequel. The ending is exactly what it should have been, messed up.

RustyShackelford
21st Jul 2008, 23:43
A certain person dying is like a cutscene, right? its not determined if you slow your way through the level.

The point of this game is that these are bad people, but Kane can choose to be a self centered jerk and have a daughter that doesnt give about him and wants to die. OR show his daughter he isnt completely evil and save his men, but she dies.

Save his men??? They arnt there than any other reason than the money. They couldnt care less about kanes daughter and would killem both in a sec if they stood between them and the money promised. Imo they deserved to burn. If given the chance i would have killed them both without hesitation. Lynch on the other hand seems a bit more caring about kane and his daughter tho i doubt very much. I felt a bit bad about screwing him over in the end but i figuered he would make it out ok. Btw i thought the endings were pretty good. They didnt sugercoat it or anything.

FreedomPhantom
13th Aug 2008, 17:29
I thought I would get to rob more banks and stuff. I also didn't think it would take me less than one day to beat it, considering I had work today and I'm not even that good at video games. Bad ending unless there is a sequel. REALLY fun to play tho. Oh and it took me forever to get it to work! So it really wasn't worth it. WOMP WOMP!

Yeah i wanted more banks to rob