PDA

View Full Version : Braid to return?

Phlip
15th Dec 2007, 09:43
I know I'd love to see it return. :)

humbug
15th Dec 2007, 09:52
I voted other, personally I don't care what Laras hair looks like!

NightRain'06
15th Dec 2007, 09:59
Phlip ~ For me, honestly, since we've had it both ways ~ No braid in Legend and Braided in Anniversary ~ it doesn't matter. She's pretty either way.

But if you haven't seen the photos in the 'TRU: First Pics' thread, take a look. Her ponytail appears to be non-braided.

Phlip
15th Dec 2007, 10:01
Yeah I've seen the pics, NRNR. :)

Dragu Slave
15th Dec 2007, 11:02
Anniversary Braid FTW

William Croft
15th Dec 2007, 11:14
I'd like the pony-tail it really suited Lara.. :D I didnt mind the Anniversary one and also I dont care how her hair looks just as long as the game plays as good as it'll ever be.

Treeble
15th Dec 2007, 12:35
Here we go again?

Phlip
15th Dec 2007, 13:03
It looks like CD cant decide:

**** These Pictures are under EMBARGO!

With the bottom one, her braid is hidden. =D

RaiderGirl#1
15th Dec 2007, 14:23
I liked the braid in anniversary but I also liked the ponytail in Legend- but now looking at the TRU pics her hair looks so much more realistic! I also kind of like the pony/braid in Philip's sig.
I wonder which one would be best if you were to go running around, where your hair could get caught on things...

Phlip
15th Dec 2007, 15:37
Imagine getting out of water with a loose ponytail. The individual strands of hair would be all over her face, some in her mouth etc. With a braid, it would be just one thing Lara would need to brush out of the way. + it's pretty. =D

RaiderGirl#1
15th Dec 2007, 15:48
Yes, or if she is running through foliage her hair would probably get caught on the branches and stuff, while the braid she wouldn't have had to worry about as much. It would be nice if the hair didn't go through the body and if the movement was realistic but otherwise I don't really care, as long as the game is good.

never_the_same
15th Dec 2007, 15:49
i love ponytail like in TRL!! :D

Tomb-Dude
15th Dec 2007, 16:57
The hair doesnt rele both me loved Legend and Anniversary hair... Whta ever suits the character really...

LisaB1962
15th Dec 2007, 17:06
I prefer the braid. Maybe it's because it's what I'm used to, but it does seem to epitomize Lara. Lara is beautiful, but I've always felt she was indifferent to her beauty. Primping, fixing herself up---hairstyles---I can't imagine Lara caring really. I always thought she had long hair because she couldn't be bothered to cut it.

The TRU hair looks a little too . . . cheerleader-ish to me. *shrugs*

Rai
15th Dec 2007, 17:56
I'm like humbug and voted 'other'. Although the plait is more traditional for Lara, she looks just as good with a ponytail.

I can see Lara wanting to keep her hair off her face as much as possible, sweep it back out the way. So either is fine with me. :D

zakker
15th Dec 2007, 18:01
i voted for other, here why.
i would like to see punks Lara:lol: :lmao:

rabid metro
15th Dec 2007, 18:22
don't care ... mostly because its a non-issue. :cool:

LegendLost
15th Dec 2007, 18:36
Not that they should do this, but it would make a lot of sense for Lara to have shoulder Length hair in like a pony tail or braid because with her ridiculously long hair, if it were real life, very dangerous. If that got caught on something. OUCH! lol

NightRain'06
15th Dec 2007, 21:53
Here we go again?

It's a tradition. We can't help it. :)

Winston the teapot
17th Dec 2007, 22:22
Ponytail i didnt like the braid in TRA because it looked weird and i thought the ponytail was much more tomb raider and practical cos the last thing you need it to have to stop cos your braid is undone lol

Larahair
20th Dec 2007, 01:11
Anniversary longer and brown. That makes me happy. I also want to see Lara use a brush on her hair. Maybe when Lara is hanging about she could brush her hair like a mermaid does. I want the braid back it's Lara's signature like her guns.

Isaac
20th Dec 2007, 01:55
Do we really care? Well, I do not care on my side.

Before TR2, no one cared that Lara has a braid ingame or not. Is it so important? I care more about the game, the story and the gamplay, than Lara's hair, even if since TR2 she has a braid, it's not that important. It's not like she couldn't change, or that she hasn't her dual pistol (which is, in my opinion, far more important).

I'm sure that if Core would have used a braid in one of Core's Tomb Raider, nobody would have cared... Lara didn't have a braid in the begining of TR4. Do people really cared of it? That's a proof that even Lara herself can change of style.

naraku
20th Dec 2007, 08:32
I've gotten used to both by now. However the ponytail looks good on her IMO.:)

TwinPistols
20th Dec 2007, 15:37
I voted other 'cause I like ponytail and braid in the same way. Braid is the classic hairstyle of Lara, it is, with dual pistols, Lara's trademark. but she looks pretty with ponytail too and it's a easier to do than braid (lara can't waist her time with her hair when she should be saving the world).

If lara uses a ponytail or a braid, that's the same thing, 'cause Lara is beautiful inside and outside, and her adventures are allways great, and her hairstyle won't change that.

Shaidester
20th Dec 2007, 22:37
Honestly, the TR1 style of hair looked atrocious with the graphics. I guess I've built a phobia from that since I typically like her new style of hair. For example, we have TR2's hairstyle which moved around compared to the first game. Either keep her TR2 style or maintain the Anniversary one I say ;\.

Cherry Hardy
3rd Feb 2008, 02:40
There should have it so that you can pick the pony tail hair or the Braid hair. Still I bellive they should lit her pony tail hair go half way down her back or give us the option to make it longer for those of us who would like it to be a bit longer. But I do miss the Braid hair. But also love the pony tail hair.

rabid metro
3rd Feb 2008, 06:05
... i suppose Lara's developers (past and present) should be flattered that her fans are such whack-jobs when it comes to her hair ...
(whack-jobs is a compliment, btw)

ahhh, the price of fame ...
:cool:

Atheist
3rd Feb 2008, 11:59
I've always loved the classic long plait, and I voted for that.

But I would love if she came out with a completely different hairstyle all together. At least for a little while.

~Raven23~
4th Feb 2008, 12:02
The Ponytail!! :D

TDK
4th Feb 2008, 12:53
The classic fish-tale :D its look cool and cute i guess :rolleyes:

angerzXraider
27th May 2008, 18:17
I want Lara to have her hair long and down, flowing all pretty and gracefully while she kicks major a$$ in combat!!

croft_3
27th May 2008, 23:13
I want Lara to have her hair long and down, flowing all pretty and gracefully while she kicks major a$$ in combat!!

i dont think so..it seems like you like heavenly sword and thats not lara you dont want her hair getting stuck on the something and bein ripped out do you****

james987654321
28th May 2008, 07:03
I think a long plait would be ridiculous and make lara look unatractive and dated. I prefer the pony tail. Her hair should be immaculate at the beginning of levels, then as she fights, strands fall down and it gets messy.

NightRain'06
28th May 2008, 07:20
James ~ I agree. Hair getting messy could be the next step and not a bizarre idea in my opinion.

Remember in Legend when she became dusty as players had her doing gymnastic tumbling moves ? The first time that occurred I was actually surprised a little bit by that detail.

As I've said before in another similar thread, I've also became accustomed to the Legend ponytail because after all, even a game character needs a makeover. Especially after more than 10 years. :)

james987654321
28th May 2008, 07:36
yea, i remeber trying to get her as dirty as possible by making her tumble around in the dirt, it would be good to see her get sweaty too, as she is always in hot climates.

NightRain'06
28th May 2008, 08:02
With the hardware on current consoles, XBox 360 and PS3, who's to say sweat effect can't be done.

jayjay119
28th May 2008, 12:09
I really think it would be in CD's best interests to create a customisation screen on replaying the levels, so many people seem to want different things and without a customisation screen i dont think that they would be able to cater to everyone's wants and desires. I know tomb raider isn't the sims, but then again neither is Resi, MGS, Tekken, MK or Virtua Fighter and they have customisation screens (or some variant.) I think with this gens processing power (especially PS3) it wouldn't be too hard to incorporate something like that.

Anyway to answer the post, I don't really care which hairstyle Lara has in TRU i'm more interested in what she can do. I suppose i liked the braid but at the end of the day its been like 12 years now, a girl's gotta get board with one hairstyle after that long! If i had the option, i think i would switch between the braid and the ponytail, i like them both- only without that stupid yellow ball thing she had in Legend though! what was that thing anyway! It looked like she had a lemon attached to her head :lol:

Bitter~x~Sweet
28th May 2008, 17:05
I'd like her to have the ponytail but make it longer!! But still make it a high-ponytail...

But i'd like an option... Like...

-------------------

ponytail: high or low
braid: high or low
down

-------------------

But yeah I still want a longer high-ponytail in TRU and the games after... :D

LisaB1962
29th May 2008, 12:30
One advantage to a braid is that it won't stick to a sweaty face. Anyone with long hair whose gotten sweaty can attest to the fact there's nothing more annoying than wisps of hair clinging to your face. I used to always braid my hair when I was teaching dance. I even used to do a triple braid down the back because a single braid had too much momentum. :D

Mangar The Dark
29th May 2008, 13:08
Of all the things that I don't really care about in this world, Lara's hair is right near the top of the list, but since we're on the subject anyway-- a short ponytail seems most in character. She's an athletic person, and does not strike me as the type who wants to spend much time futzing around with her hair, so something simple that she can easily pull back into a pony tail makes sense. Even more believable would be a short cut, maybe hanging just below her chin.

LisaB1962
29th May 2008, 13:44
*nods* Or super short. But long hair might make sense in that short hair has to be cut which requires sitting still to have it done once a month to a month and a half.

I agree hair is not a high priority on my improvements list. But as a girl I just love fixing hair. I only got boys, so I have to have my little girl hair fixing fix somehow. :lol:

NizCroft
30th May 2008, 11:19
French Braid, like in the 1st movie. Classy and sexy it is.

Tomb-Dude
30th May 2008, 22:59
What about bold :lol:
Then as her hair grows she can go from ponytail to braid. will suit everyone then. :p

LaraLara
31st May 2008, 16:52
Legend Ponytail all the way. :)

RinoTheBouncer
31st May 2008, 17:12
Like Legend

Falcon
31st May 2008, 18:56
I like the ponytail. Braid's a little, i don't know, stiff! Ponytail can flutter and get in her face. Makes it interesting:p

daaceking
2nd Jun 2008, 10:49
lets take a step back people. lets improve tomb raider by allowing ourselves to personalise it. where WE the player chooses her hairstyle instead of crystal dynamics. where we can chooses ponytail or whatever, hair colour, ponytail length. skin colour blah blah... good idea?