PDA

View Full Version : TRU weapons and gear

never_the_same
14th Dec 2007, 17:23
what would you like to see in lara's gear, in TRU?? :)

what weapons would you like to use in TRU??? :D
would you like to lara can carry few weapons like in old TR games, an like in TRA, or like in TRL??
in TRL lara can carry just her gun and one shotgun!

i would like to be like in TRL... :D it's more real

William Croft
14th Dec 2007, 17:31
I would like to see everything we had in legend plus a few extras such as:
a Whip (Which i Doubt) & a Flame Thrower!! :D:D

never_the_same
14th Dec 2007, 17:35
i would like to see everything from TRL :D
what means: granades, flashlight, graplle, desert eagle twin pistols, PDA, RAD mode and offcourse, the headset :)

almost like you lara william

LegendLost
14th Dec 2007, 20:09
I want the rocket launcher from tomb raider 3. With todays technology, if you have a good surround sound, and with the way they can make explosions sound. that would be awesome!

So yeah

*Rocket Launcher
*Drivable Jeep, or Quad, or any Vehicle that can be driven anywhere, not on a set path like in legend
*Flashlight/Flares
*BOMBS! Like bombs you set, walk away, and detonate(idk i think it would be cool)

&&&&&

I know its sorta not gear, but a grapple like thing that lets her climbs walls. Sorta like the Wall run of Anniversary. But lets her climb flat walls straight up if theres a ledge above. You get the idea?

never_the_same
14th Dec 2007, 20:16
legendlost, i think it sounds more like first person shooter (you set, walk away, and detonate)
:D
i like bombs what she has i TRL on her belt

Tomb-Dude
14th Dec 2007, 20:19
The granades??

I forgot to use them most of the time, to busy using my pistols. That was the only weopon i used except excaliber at the end. I always use the pistols excpet in TR 2... automatic pistols or uzis or m16 or what ever it is lol...

But yer grapple obvious, headset :D, PDA but a lot better, not rele with help just information on the place she is visting, levels stats on it of course!
umm... i can't really think of anything else.

ditom
15th Dec 2007, 11:38
i would like to see everything from TRL :D
what means: granades, flashlight, graplle, desert eagle twin pistols, PDA, RAD mode and offcourse, the headset :)

almost like you lara william

I agree but I want more :D

I'd like to be able to use M16/M203,Combat Knife and nightvision.

William Croft
15th Dec 2007, 11:45
I agree but I want more

I'd like to be able to use M16/M203,Combat Knife and nightvision.

Couldn't agree more :D:D

never_the_same
15th Dec 2007, 15:22
no, i don't agree!
if lara would have a knife, it would be too bloody game!
it's not that brutallity for lara to cut someone's head, or just to cut people.. NO!
lara is going to continue with her TRL style, witout bloody scenes in the game...
TR is not that kind...

RaiderGirl#1
15th Dec 2007, 15:50
Well I think that she is supposed to have the grenades back and obviously her pistols.
I don't think that she needs a knife. I am excited that she will be able to have more combat with enemies.

never_the_same
15th Dec 2007, 15:53
for lara's style on what we get used, better is "hand to hand" fight, than a bloody knife fight :D :D
:D

Tomb-Dude
15th Dec 2007, 16:59
I can't imagine LAra with a knife, just doesn't suit her? Hand to hand combat im looking forward to... As long as it is better then AOD.. then i wont mind... :D

LegendLost
15th Dec 2007, 19:06
Night Vision would be really cool. Like if a room was almost black and you needed to find your way around, But I'm lost on how it would work unless this was a first person view game?

Jezyk
15th Dec 2007, 20:22
Whether you want it or not, a knife is one of the BASIC things you take when you go into wilderness.
And please, anything but the rocket launcher. Do you seriously thinks it's possible - a girl climbing walls and doing acrobatic jumps with a rocket launcher on her back?? It would only make sense if there was a level in a millitary base or sth and if she couldn't run all over the place with it.

LisaB1962
15th Dec 2007, 20:43
Whether you want it or not, a knife is one of the BASIC things you take when you go into wilderness.

Actually she should take a page from Les Stroud: Multitool. What can't it do? :D

NightRain'06
15th Dec 2007, 22:00
Everything she had before including hopefully the Desert Eagle to return. That's one powerful weapon.

A survival knife ? We're playing Resident Raider now ? :p Well, she is going into the 'Underworld' so I suppose that suits ?
In any case, sorry for the horrible joke. :o

:whistle:

William Croft
15th Dec 2007, 22:04
Well.. Yes the desert Eagle was soo powerful and awesome It would be great to return which I think it will from the screen shots.:D :D :D

never_the_same
16th Dec 2007, 15:32
Night Vision would be really cool. Like if a room was almost black and you needed to find your way around, But I'm lost on how it would work unless this was a first person view game?

lara have PLS... her light.... she don't need night vision, i don't agree!
that's not lara's style! :D

Tomb-Dude
16th Dec 2007, 16:22
No nightvison!

Either, PLS or flairs <<< I wouldn't mind flairs again or the PLS :D

digifan
16th Dec 2007, 16:33
The same type of gear as any good explorer will take along when raiding tombs. Two uzzis, extra ammos, climbing gear and rope, a compass, search light, extra batteries, first aid kit; etc. What else? :whistle: All fit into a tiny backpack. Does it ever make you wonder what else can Lara fit in that thing?

More variety of transport and weapons would be nice. We know ancient tombs often contain death traps but they also contain ancient weapons of the time period. It would be nice if Lara can pick up and use these tools to fashion crude weapons. :thumbsup: Bring 'em on! :D

Tomb-Dude
16th Dec 2007, 18:28
Kinda different but which guns do you prefer.

Anniversary?

Or

Legend?

EDIT: How come my new sig isn't showing??????????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ditom
16th Dec 2007, 19:28
I prefer guns from Legend.They looks more...awesome :D

Winston the teapot
17th Dec 2007, 22:12
Combat Knife

hope not that would stop the game being tomb raidery and how are you surpose to kill an animal with a knife without getting your head bit off????
and the game would porbs get bad review and thas the last thing tomb raider needs

i think that she should have the pistols as standard with the PDA and light thing and stuff from legend but i also liked the idea of only being able to carry one large gun as well but i thing this time you should be able to chose from a choice of large guns at the BEGINNING of the level

Inn_Hevonn_Klann
20th Dec 2007, 16:19
As Crystal Dinamics's main goal in TRU is realism: her twin guns, a pack of grenades(like in Legend), and a shotgun...beyond that is just not being faithful to reality. But we culd use enemies weapons, but only when we picked them and tossed them away when out of ammo, you know like in Legend.

Gears:
-combat knife. for a close match, you don't expect being always using your guns, do you?? Like we are going to have that close combat thing, kinda like in AoD when you get them from behind and stuff...and you also don't wanna get out of ammo, do you?
-grapple(i'd prefer a hook, because magnetic is just not so realistic...come on, a magnetic plac just above the hole in the ground for our grapple!!!
-binoculars, that's just essencial
-flashlight, light doesn't come from the walls/ceiling/floor and dark areas you know!(TRA was horrible in that way(did you know that TR1 beta add a flashlight but in the final version the decided not to put it...why not in Anniversary?!...the grapple was not created for Legend, Toby Gard had that idea for TR1 but it didn't got in in the final version, but it came in Legend when TG returned...and it appeared in Anniversary!...why couldn't they have put a flashlight in Anniversray too??)
-her limited-backpack, let us focus, realism is the goal here...
-and no medipacks...no life bar...after all it's a matter of don't get hit...instead of the life bar, an artificial intelligence: when you get hit in the head, well, we may get it in the brain, so it might kill you right away...however if you get attacked by a puma, brooses and bite marks are more commonly to have, if not getting killed of course, but this is up to CD to decide!(but get one thing in your head, there really wont be any medipacks, that's final, CD's decision)
-Oh, and there wont any headset(also CD's decision)

And in the end, we have the unlimited ammo twin guns!! Well, that's a classic since the beginning(but "everything that has a beginning has an end")

Shaidester
20th Dec 2007, 22:40
The only weapons I want is more than just having a limit of two. That really ruined the entire game for me knowing I could only equip two weapons but being unable to have more than those two in the storyline. Her weapons, being her pistols or her shotgun, are her trademarks. You take those permanetly away and giving it limits is like taking the skin off a human; you can't do much can you?

Does anyone know whether or not they will be allowing you to have more than the limited two weapon choices like it was in Legend?

Edit: I forgot to mention, please do not bring back the grenades :$. It just felt very "untombraider-like" with them. It was too easy killing your enemies with those grenades.

ditom
21st Dec 2007, 11:22
And should be able to have some demolitions like c4 .
For example: you have to go from A to B but there is big wall or something like that so you put c4 and blow it.
And I still think that nightvision is good idea.

Jezyk
21st Dec 2007, 11:26
Nightvision, explosives... right... now the only thing missing is the sniper rifle and a few fellow commandos to ride the tombs :rasp:

ditom
21st Dec 2007, 12:30
Sniper rifle?
I don't think it's good idea because killing enemies will be much easy.

party_animal
26th Dec 2007, 19:17
I would like to see...

Classic Pistols of course!
A knife of some sort (we could be able to throw it at a victim like in Hitman Blood *Money)
Drivable cars
Night vision
Shotgun
Grappling hook
RAD
PDA
Bombs/Grenades
Flashlight (that would be funny to see her sneak behind somebody and bash them across the head with the flashlight)
Rocket Launcher
Motorcycles
Excalibur

ditom
26th Dec 2007, 20:31
And how about helicopter?

dazz
27th Dec 2007, 06:15
I'd like to see Lara still only able to carry her pistols and a larger gun. It would be cool for her to use an M4 assault rifle or an MP5 machine gun. I like the idea of having night vision. If you could only use it on the scope of your gun when in FPS mode it would be okay. Some C4 would be cool too, but I agree with not making the game to military like.