PDA

View Full Version : Wall Papers..I'll stop being annoying after this.

JoeGreensKiller
11th Dec 2007, 21:23
Would I need permission to create wall papers? Or have you thought of a cover for the box, mabe do a competiton and winner gets a free copy.

atLaNt1s
22nd Sep 2010, 02:17
You do not need a permission, in fact it would be welcomed with open arms.

Romeo
22nd Sep 2010, 03:05
Go nuts, dear brother. I'm sure the community would welcome it with open arms. =)

Pinky_Powers
22nd Sep 2010, 04:42
Go nuts, dear brother. I'm sure the community would welcome it with open arms. =)

That's naïve. We will only welcome it if it turns out good!

:)

Romeo
22nd Sep 2010, 05:21
No no, we'll welcome it regardless of quality. It will be him who gets the boot.

...That was a joke, before anyone starts freaking out.

Pinky_Powers
22nd Sep 2010, 05:35
No no, we'll welcome it regardless of quality. It will be him who gets the boot.

...That was a joke, before anyone starts freaking out.

With your new sticky-post, I can see how this might terrify a few folk. :lol:

Tecman
22nd Sep 2010, 08:15
Would I need permission to create wall papers? Or have you thought of a cover for the box, mabe do a competiton and winner gets a free copy.
Honestly, you could have seen some examples already made in the DX:HR Official Image /Wallpaper Gallery & Fan Art thread and decucted that we have no problem with these, but don't sweat it. :)

Said thread can be found here: http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=113259

And a bit of advice, sorry but I feel it needs to be said beforehand: If / when you do release your work, don't take criticism too harshly and instead try to learn from it instead of getting defensive. If it's silly whining without substance just ignore it, but do look at helpful advice as a way to learn and improve - and sometimes the whining can still be interpreted as hints on what needs to be improved by someone with the right idea but wrong attitude and vocabulary. On the other hand, people simply posting "BEST WALLPAPER EVAR" might make you feel good and it's all puppies and kittens and rainbows, but... does it tell you why they thought it was good? Does it help you, in any way, to properly gauge your own work and realize what's good and what needs to be worked on further? ;)

Sorry for the words.

Pinky_Powers
22nd Sep 2010, 08:50
Sorry for the words.

Yes. Damn words! :)

Romeo
22nd Sep 2010, 13:20
So, we'll tell you it's good, why it's good, but to make sure you don't feel to good about yourself, we will then say "we've seen better" in an attempt to give you something to strive for. =D

Jerion
22nd Sep 2010, 15:32
Yes, make a wallpaper....submit it and it's thumbnail to me in a PM and I'll add it to the gallery thread. :)

Romeo
23rd Sep 2010, 00:27
Gasp! He's going to plagerize it! Call it his own! Don't do it! =D

lol

Mindmute
23rd Sep 2010, 00:30
Gasp! He's going to plagerize it! Call it his own! Don't do it! =D

lol

Been playing too much DX again have you? Careful, paranoia is like a drug ;)

Romeo
23rd Sep 2010, 00:32
It's also an exceptional novel by Joseph Finder. :rasp:

Coyotegrey
23rd Sep 2010, 00:52
Create! We, and I mean Eidos Montreal, love to see what the fans come up with.

Jerion
23rd Sep 2010, 01:00
If it'll help, I'll put out a wallpaper creation kit for people wanting to make something. The Logo, some hard-to-find images, concept art, screenshots.

Coyotegrey
23rd Sep 2010, 01:10
If it'll help, I'll put out a wallpaper creation kit for people wanting to make something. The Logo, some hard-to-find images, concept art, screenshots.

oooOOOOOooo

I'd help out with that now, but I just got back from London and I'm going home. Sooooo jet-lagged and tired right now.

Pinky_Powers
23rd Sep 2010, 03:19

Yes please!!

There's no such thing as paranoia; things are always worse than they seem.

Tecman
23rd Sep 2010, 03:27
oooOOOOOooo

I'd help out with that now, but I just got back from London and I'm going home. Sooooo jet-lagged and tired right now.
I'd appreciate this as well. ESPECIALLY if you can persuade your artists to spit out a titanic-sized image of the morphing depth-blurred triangles you people like to use next to the logo, without anything else on the image. I'd love to play with those. :)

jtr7
23rd Sep 2010, 05:14
Every time someone with EM mentions a trip to London, I keep hoping a meeting with Paul Weir is part of it.

atLaNt1s
23rd Sep 2010, 15:29
Everybody check the date of creation of this thread, thought someone would realise.

Pinky_Powers
23rd Sep 2010, 17:28
Everybody check the date of creation of this thread, thought someone would realise.

:eek: ...you son of a *****!

:lol:

Romeo
23rd Sep 2010, 19:26
LOL!

Atlantis, you bloody necromancer... =P