PDA

View Full Version : TR8 Legend or Angel of Darkness 2

creg24
11th Dec 2007, 21:13
TR8 Legend or Angel of Darkness 2

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I for one think it will be Legend not AOD. I enjoy all my TR series games except AOD because, it's hard to control the controller it's like moving a robot around. The story line was ok but, controlling Laura in AOD wasn't that great to me.

This is my opinion gammers nothing bad about the game. I enjoyed playing it just had to adjust to my controller on my PS2. I own 2 copies of the game which I got one for my b'day and then the other from my aunt (LOL). We are all thinking Legend of course but, it could be TR Angel Of Darkness 2. I guess we all forgot about AOD.

I just can't wait till TR8 comes out wheather it's Legend or AOD2 doesn't matter to me because, TR Rules period!:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Pharaoh_rj
12th Dec 2007, 00:05
I love AOD. The graphic is amazing, storyline fantastic, and I'm not bother of her moving style. I think is charming and cool!

RaiderGirl#1
12th Dec 2007, 02:24
I'm pretty sure that it is to be a continuation of Legend, from the rumor of the plot I think that it will most likely come from Legend.

creg24
13th Dec 2007, 02:30
that's good because, I like Legend myself but, if it's AOD that's cool too!

digifan
16th Dec 2007, 17:01
I don't think there will be any sequel planned for Legend anymore since Underworld had been announced. In the press release the CD team's spokesperson commented they made a mistake creating a cliff hanger ending for Legend. NTL I'm looking forward to Lara's next adventure. ;)

Bring 'em on! :cool:

William Croft
16th Dec 2007, 17:33
Fingers crossed Legend... That was a KILLER story-line!!:D

Tomb-Dude
16th Dec 2007, 17:38
Why would Cd do a continuation of somebodies elses work which wasn't that good anyway.
I highly doubt that. On www.tombnews.com i says something about it being a continuation. From the person who made Legend. So i think it will be a continuation of Legend unless, its a compleatly different storyline.

Isaac
16th Dec 2007, 17:45
Tomb Raider Underworld (or TR8) is confirmed of being the continuation of Tomb Raider Legend.

Angel of Darkness was good... Somehow, there wasn't enough action. If you look all the other TR (1-5), we move a lot, jump, jump, crouch, dodge etc). In AOD, there's almost nothing. It's too slow, too calm for me.

Tomb-Dude
16th Dec 2007, 18:03
Aod did have an ok storyline but, it wasn't that good and not very responcive for my liking.

Tomb-Dude
16th Dec 2007, 18:10
But yer fingers crossed this is a good game. (gameplay im on about graphics and moes looks amazing so far!'

William Croft
16th Dec 2007, 19:40
Im sure in terms of Gameplay and Graphic it will be excellent fingers crossed!!

exmachinad
16th Dec 2007, 22:24
I do like the plot of AoD and most of the levels. But the controls are too bad, as some have already pointed. Shame, AoD could have been so much better. But is entertaining anyway. :)

LaraCroftLuver
18th Dec 2007, 00:42
Legend

and its called

Underworld

LadyLuck
18th Dec 2007, 22:17
AOD rocked. I loved every moment of it, I loved the new ideas, the darker storyline and Kurtis Trent. Imagine how amazing it would have been if Core had had enough time to finish it!

Kova
19th Dec 2007, 22:53
Well, I played every TR from TR:Chronicles 'till Anniversary. I loved AOD and I loved Legend too but my perfect type of TR game would be Legend or Anniversary (graphics, word interaction, jumping around) and AOD (interaction with characters, human enemies, story, and well that game was much more longer than Legend or Anniversary) combined together.
Here's hoping that might come true... :rolleyes:

TRUlover
24th Aug 2008, 18:40
to be honest, AoD was my favorite game!! lol mainly because of the plot of the story and kurtis haha! :D

It is not a good idea to bump threads that have been idle for more than 6 months!!!

Lara_Super_Fan
24th Aug 2008, 19:09

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I for one think it will be Legend not AOD. I enjoy all my TR series games except AOD because, it's hard to control the controller it's like moving a robot around. The story line was ok but, controlling Laura in AOD wasn't that great to me.

This is my opinion gammers nothing bad about the game. I enjoyed playing it just had to adjust to my controller on my PS2. I own 2 copies of the game which I got one for my b'day and then the other from my aunt (LOL). We are all thinking Legend of course but, it could be TR Angel Of Darkness 2. I guess we all forgot about AOD.

I just can't wait till TR8 comes out wheather it's Legend or AOD2 doesn't matter to me because, TR Rules period!:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Where exactly did u get this idea that underworld was connected to Aod in anyway? Please explain.

Ben-Raider
24th Aug 2008, 19:12
They could do another AOD but I'm not yet sure if it would be good since AOD I havent played as much as the first 5

josh1122
24th Aug 2008, 21:40
Like others have said this is a continuation of Legend and not AoD. It prob will be dark though from the looks of it

Load
24th Aug 2008, 21:47
I highly doubt there will ever be a continuation of AoD. CD hasnt said anything and seems occupied with Legend and Underworld, so I doubt they'll backtrack.
How I look at it is that we cant go on every Lara adventure, so she finished the AoD games by herself and then moved onto Legend, but we didnt get to see AoD completed. ;)

Jurre
24th Aug 2008, 21:53
I believe that for many people outside the TR fanbase AoD is a bad memory that Eidos does never want to bring up again anyhow. Even the AoD outfit in Ann was called "camouflage".

trlestew
24th Aug 2008, 23:41
I believe that for many people outside the TR fanbase AoD is a bad memory that Eidos does never want to bring up again anyhow. Even the AoD outfit in Ann was called "camouflage".

that true, but its very annoying, most of the people who arent in the fanbase are so ignorant:mad2: they compare AOD to uncharted and say some stupid message like "uncharted pwns this ****" (eversince that game people always compared it to tomb raider, sorry to go a bit off topic there)

Treeble
25th Aug 2008, 00:16
Yay for year-old-topic bumps?

Rexie
25th Aug 2008, 11:53
http://www.terminally-incoherent.com/img/facepalm.jpeg

it's LARA!!! NOT LAURA!

and CD better keep their hands OFF aod,

and who bumped this thread?

GamemasterJJ
25th Aug 2008, 12:32
TR8 is definately a Legend sequel:

Tomb Raider 8: Underworld

But as it stands we can still discuss that fate of TR9, hopefully that will be an AoD sequal..

Rexie
25th Aug 2008, 12:37
But as it stands we can still discuss that fate of TR9, hopefully that will be an AoD sequal..

r u shur?

OuTR
25th Aug 2008, 13:29
The TR:U trailer has Lara mentioning Avalon, so there's no doubt it's a sequal to Legend.

I don't think there will be a sequal to AoD because I think they changed Lara's storyline. Von Croy was never a part of Laras life, so that whole framed for his murder thing officially didn't happen.

GamemasterJJ
25th Aug 2008, 14:47
The TR:U trailer has Lara mentioning Avalon, so there's no doubt it's a sequal to Legend.

I don't think there will be a sequal to AoD because I think they changed Lara's storyline. Von Croy was never a part of Laras life, so that whole framed for his murder thing officially didn't happen.

I think it did, and nothing can change that, other than some bugs and crappy controls AOD was good!

The plot was solid and loved by many!

tombraidergal
25th Aug 2008, 14:55
i wonna say this, i read somewhere that Legend is all about the action, other tr games were about exploring tombs, and Underworld will be a bit of both, Tr Legend is a really good story line to me and i like replaying the levels even though they are short, a game doesn't have to be extremely long to enjoy it, its about the story line, so if underworld is short, at least enjoy the story line and have fun!

jayjay119
25th Aug 2008, 15:07

OK a couple of points to note on here;

1/ As much as I would like one, TRU is not an AOD continuation as cited by many trustworthy sources and as OuTR says above she makes a reference to Avalon so the game is a direct sequel to Legend.

2/ Her name is LARA not Laura.

Originally posted bu OuTR
I don't think there will be a sequal to AoD because I think they changed Lara's storyline. Von Croy was never a part of Laras life, so that whole framed for his murder thing officially
didn't happen.

3/ CD stated ages ago just before TRU's announcement that everything that happend previously in TR still happened, which means that Von Croy's murder and the events of AOD and every TR before it still happened. I think there is quite enough scope for CD to finish the AOD arc, simply because there is enough fans that want it.

Rexie
25th Aug 2008, 15:17
3/ CD stated ages ago just before TRU's announcement that everything that happend previously in TR still happened, which means that Von Croy's murder and the events of AOD and every TR before it still happened. I think there is quite enough scope for CD to finish the AOD arc, simply because there is enough fans that want it.

lemme correct that. The only storylines that exist in the new bio, are TRL and TR1/A

and...

simply because there is enough fans that want it.

I don't.

None of the TRUE TR fans wants it, because of their mistakes in the two prevoius games, and o (http://jollypeople.com/albums/p94/magentamagenta/Days_Of_Our_Lives_Logo.jpg)ne of them is obivous,

jayjay119
25th Aug 2008, 15:39
lemme correct that. The only storylines that exist in the new bio, are TRL and TR1/A

and...

I don't.

None of the TRUE TR fans wants it, because of their mistakes in the two prevoius games, and o (http://jollypeople.com/albums/p94/magentamagenta/Days_Of_Our_Lives_Logo.jpg)ne of them is obivous,

Yeah...Ok so then why would CD go to so many lengths to say that 'everything that happened still happened'? They wouldn't be talking about their own games because of course they still happened because we just played them. It would make no sense. And I think you will find that a true TR fan would want the AOD series to be continued to its full potential. It had one of the best storylines to this day and the research behind it was incredible, just the production was wrong. If it can be salvaged and done right then why not? Cd seem like the perfect bunch to do it also Just because you don't want it does not mean that everyone else doesn't either and that anyone that doesn't mustn't be a 'true' fan.. I think many people here would be quite offended by that remark. I know that forums are all about opinion but don't be so condescending.

_Tomb_Raider_
25th Aug 2008, 15:53
TR 8 - 60%
TR AOD 2 - 40 % (only becose I want to find out what happend to Kurtis)

Rexie
25th Aug 2008, 16:01
Yeah...Ok so then why would CD go to so many lengths to say that 'everything that happened still happened'? They wouldn't be talking about their own games because of course they still happened because we just played them. It would make no sense. And I think you will find that a true TR fan would want the AOD series to be continued to its full potential. It had one of the best storylines to this day and the research behind it was incredible, just the production was wrong. If it can be salvaged and done right then why not? Cd seem like the perfect bunch to do it also Just because you don't want it does not mean that everyone else doesn't either and that anyone that doesn't mustn't be a 'true' fan.. I think many people here would be quite offended by that remark. I know that forums are all about opinion but don't be so condescending.

what I meant, we want it continued by someone who knows TR, NOT "Wehn it comes to classics I can not say anything right", yes, Eric himself said that.

jayjay119
25th Aug 2008, 16:05
what I meant, we want it continued by someone who knows TR, NOT "Wehn it comes to classics I can not say anything right", yes, Eric himself said that.

OH i'm sorry, caught the wrong end of your stick there rexie. apologies. When i said a remake of TRAOD I apreciate Core screwed it up, and I wouldn't want them to try again. TR belongs to CD now and i do believe that CD may have a chance of pulling it off.

Rexie
25th Aug 2008, 17:16
OH i'm sorry, caught the wrong end of your stick there rexie. apologies. When i said a remake of TRAOD I apreciate Core screwed it up, and I wouldn't want them to try again. TR belongs to CD now and i do believe that CD may have a chance of pulling it off.

Actually, AOD was almost finished, but since eidos pushed them to release it, they just took the beta stuff, put everything together, polished it up a little bit, and released it.

The BETA AOD is actually better than this that got released. I had played it. It would have been included, if core wasin't stabbed in the back by eidos.

LC is Me
26th Aug 2008, 00:50
Actually, it's a continuation of the Legend storyline. I think it takes place a few years after Legend. I'd be disappointed if it were a continuation of the AoD storyline. The game was such a disappointment, IMO.

domina
26th Aug 2008, 01:35
Wait. What? AOD2 or Legend 2? As if there's a possiblity that Crystal Dynamics would revive the storyline that ended Tomb Raider for Core? Aside from the fact that it's already been confirmed that Underworld is continuing the Legend storyline, it just wouldn't make any sense for CD to do that to themselves.

EDIT: Nevermind. Just realized how old this thread is.

Treeble
26th Aug 2008, 02:15
we want it continued by someone who knows TR

Oh the dilemma. I'm fairly sure we all read enough times that those "who know TR" also said they just couldn't put their hearts into it anymore -- good excuse for games like Chronicles and AOD, huh? Oh well.

Tomb_Raiderx
26th Aug 2008, 03:34
Actually, it's a continuation of the Legend storyline. I think it takes place a few years after Legend. I'd be disappointed if it were a continuation of the AoD storyline. The game was such a disappointment, IMO.

I think it starts immediately after Legend, not a few years after, the way Lara was talking at the end, made it seem like they were going to start the search right away, or it could be because of the 2006 and 2008 thing. Doesn't really matter since she doesn't age.

I just want the game!! :D

Aminahveggie
26th Oct 2008, 13:53
:mad2: I doubt they will ever do the aod trilogy. But if they made that. first an remake. I hope they will do it. But they dont do it

Aminahveggie
26th Oct 2008, 13:54
I doubt they will ever do the aod trilogy. But if they made that. first an remake. I hope they will do it. But they dont do it:mad2: