PDA

View Full Version : You have DX I.W to thank...

JoeGreensKiller
11th Dec 2007, 18:15
Wanna know why some are'nt terribly excited about this project? Most of us were swindled with I.W. My self personally I threw the game in my woodstove after mabe 4 hours of playing it. I sort of have faith in this project, but dont think it should be a Deus Ex, make the game, but call it something eles, or be damm sure its better then the first. Not impossable just takes a good team good writers, and imagination...after all someone had to think up DX 1. Good Luck non the less....:)

IceBallz
11th Dec 2007, 20:13
Deus Ex : IW scares me too... But i have faith in the devs team of Eidos. I think they got the point... Deus Ex 3 will be pure ownage, on Deus Ex and not IW... Maybe a good mix of them both... :D

JoeGreensKiller
11th Dec 2007, 20:32
I give total repect for the EIDOS team, and think its great they are keeping DX alive. I did how ever put my foot in my mouth on another post.. Warren Spector your a sell out. I did'nt know he helped with I.W.. More I read the better im feeling about 3 :)

pKp
11th Dec 2007, 21:45
What I really fear is that they develop the game for the consoles and for PC simultaneously.
In my experience, this very rarely makes for good FPS.
*Hopes he's wrong*

JoeGreensKiller
11th Dec 2007, 22:15
What I really fear is that they develop the game for the consoles and for PC simultaneously.
In my experience, this very rarely makes for good FPS.
*Hopes he's wrong*
In my opinion the PS2 version of Deus really is'nt bad. I was a bit leary about it, but while playing it I did'nt notice any major differences that took away from the PC version. Sure things are laid out a bit different because of space saveing, but I rather enjoyed some of the minor changes, and the graphics are a tad better then the PC..then again a better graphics card might have improved that, and the PC version did offer little tweaks, and the ability to change things, and add things to the game.

JSDonald
12th Dec 2007, 05:31
In my opinion the PS2 version of Deus really is'nt bad. I was a bit leary about it, but while playing it I did'nt notice any major differences that took away from the PC version. Sure things are laid out a bit different because of space saveing, but I rather enjoyed some of the minor changes, and the graphics are a tad better then the PC..then again a better graphics card might have improved that, and the PC version did offer little tweaks, and the ability to change things, and add things to the game.

But DX was developed primarily for PC then ported to the PS2. This time, like IW, it's going to be the other way around I fear.

joseph5891
12th Dec 2007, 14:54
let me say this - DX:IW wasn't that bad. yes, they threw out a lot of gameplay elements that made DX unique, and that hurt the game. it wasn't as original or as good as it could have been, but there are some elements that were improved - the physics and animations were much more realistic, the graphics of course were better. they still kept in a lot of the great character interaction that made the game so interesting, as well as little subplots that add to the overall paranoid atmosphere of the game. there were even improvements from time to time, such as the ability to mantle up onto objects (i got so sick in DX1 of being the world's greatest super-soldier-secret-agent and not even being able to navigate 18-inch obstacles), and some story ideas, such as the Omar showing the danger of unchecked technology and biomodification vs. the Templars who represented the danger of the bigotry against it.

yeah, DX2 wasn't the best game ever, and it was a step down from DX1, and i hope that DX3 is a great improvement. but it was still a decent game; i still was able to play through it and enjoy what elements did shine.

Dave W
12th Dec 2007, 15:00
Thank you for re-stating what has already been said hundreds of times. Post something new or don't bother making a topic. :mad2:

Lady_Of_The_Vine
17th Jun 2011, 21:47
I think many of us tire of this too. Time to put it to bed.