PDA

View Full Version : MISC. Will there be a reset?

Decimation008
7th Dec 2013, 04:50
I was just wondering if there were any plans on resetting gold or abilities that people buy? Just because I don't want to spend 1,000 gold buying an ability permanently if it's just going to be reset.

Thanks! :)

Monkeythumbz
9th Dec 2013, 00:30
I was just wondering if there were any plans on resetting gold or abilities that people buy? Just because I don't want to spend 1,000 gold buying an ability permanently if it's just going to be reset.

Thanks! :)

Right now, we don't intend for any resets to occur during Closed Beta (there's only been one so far in Closed Alpha).

Shadyhaxx
10th Dec 2013, 12:09
Right now, we don't intend for any resets to occur during Closed Beta (there's only been one so far in Closed Alpha).

Cool. :)

Thestreetuluv
29th Jan 2014, 08:51
Will there be a reset on accounts when transitions happen?
such as alpha to closed beta or closed to open beta?
If you can't say thats okay

LOFO1993
29th Jan 2014, 10:42
I think I've heard something about this months ago, but I really don't remember... there will likely be one when the game launches in it's final version, but honestly I can't tell about others before...

cmstache
29th Jan 2014, 13:09
The developers have stated that they are going to avoid it at all costs. They want to avoid us feeling like we've "wasted time" trying to unlock stuff. If at any point they are forced to, any runes spent will be refunded.

Monkeythumbz
29th Jan 2014, 17:15
The developers have stated that they are going to avoid it at all costs.

^This.

Sekuiya
29th Jan 2014, 17:52
I doubt we will get a wipe in terms of items. Worst our level will reset, since they're still trying to figure out a good way to define rank, but since it currently doesn't give any benefit aside from matchmaking purposes it wouldn't be all that awful.

Syst3mzero
29th Jan 2014, 19:16
I doubt we will get a wipe in terms of items. Worst our level will reset, since they're still trying to figure out a good way to define rank, but since it currently doesn't give any benefit aside from matchmaking purposes it wouldn't be all that awful.

I doubt they will even reset that as if they did it would give us a huge advantage, we would be wolves in sheeps clothing.

Spectre_v13
3rd May 2014, 00:45
Just wanted to voice some concerns about when Nosgoth is finally released in it's FtP model. I imagine we will keep all equipment, skins etc we have purchased but do you intend to reset the levels? I'm only concerned about this because there are certain load outs which obviously can be got without spending a penny, but us 'vets' will already have access to those permanent perks and equipment, the new guys (which I sincerely hope is many) won't have access to these custom load outs and may quit in frustration .

I'll admit now that this is the first closed beta I've participated in so maybe the answer is pretty obvious. I also thought that perhaps despite many of us have sank 50+ hours in this game, are happy with our load outs in such will be a tiny minority when the flood gate is opened.

Khalith
3rd May 2014, 00:52
There was a reset of everything from alpha in to closed beta with alpha players receiving a certain amount of gold based on their level as a headstart. Psyonix has said however that they will avoid doing a hard reset if they can but IF (keyword: if) another reset happens you will lose your levels and items and any runestones will be refunded in full so you can buy whatever items again.

I am pretty happy with my loadouts personally but you never know, there could be some new abilities released down the line that suit your playstyle a lot more, loadouts are pretty much set in stone at this point but to be fair, we haven't really gotten a lot of new abilities. If there were say... 5-6 options per button I imagine we'd see much more varied loadouts.

Spectre_v13
3rd May 2014, 01:00
Yes I imagined they would have to refund runestones but would they refund gold? There's been several times I've bought 2200 runestones to buy a skin and used the rest to buy a gold boost. However they concern is still there. If they do reset everything and refund runestones and even gold, we still have the advantage to have our own personal loadouts straight away plus we have our own experience with the game that playing against newbies would be unfair.

The only thing I can think of is when they introduce MMR they reset nothing. That would force the vets to fight against vets as we would have a lot more accumulated 'skill' and wouldn't be faced against new players to the game.

Again like I said, I've never been involved in this early stage of development so I may be missing something.

Khalith
3rd May 2014, 02:45
Like I said, they reset EVERYTHING and gave you gold based on your rank. None of the gold you had prior got carried over, the only gold you got was the gold based on your rank. Now I agree about having the experience vs new players, however, let's say everyone's ranks got reset to 1 right now. I think the players with experience would gravitate towards the regular deathmatch lobby rather than the new recruit lobby.

Going from alpha to closed beta the game was down for like... a week or so if I remember right. I played briefly in the new recruit lobby just get myself warmed up and get used to the controls again and used the chance to practice with my worst classes (scout and sentinel) against teams that were roughly at my same skill level with those two classes and I didn't switch to my better ones. I mean if playing against newbies bothers you that much if ranks are reset (which there is a good chance they won't ever be) take the time to practice with classes you aren't good at or use loadouts you've never thought of before, it's a really good opportunity to practice.

Poctoe
3rd May 2014, 10:03
I can't see why they'd reset again. At general release surely it won't be too big a shock to the system that some players have different load outs. If they wanted to get involved earlier they could have paid a few pounds for a founder pack. If not, they can do what new players do in every game, work their way up from the bottom. There will always be people ahead of you and there is always rentals. I can't see where frustration would come from...

Having said that. I do hope they reset the actual ranks when they bring in a decent levelling system. I'd like to do all that again and receive whatever rewards they figure out for levelling. I'd hate to miss out on a more gratifying levelling experience just because I've been here longer. Levelling means nothing as it is, you know? So reset that, but let us keep our inventory and gold, etc...