PDA

View Full Version : Tomb Raider: Underworld - the first news!

KoenBelien
8th Dec 2007, 17:41
The next Tomb Raider adventure is coming! It looks as if the newest addition to the franchise shall be released around the same period as Tomb Raider: Legend and Tomb Raider: Anniversary.

Tomb Raider 8, who has been named Tomb Raider: Underworld, is gonna be a Tomb Raider game like you have never seen before. Everything looks as if real! It will be a next generation game like no other.

In Tomb Raider: Underworld is 'isolation' one of the key elements. The game will be appreciated by both Crystal Dynamics -and Core Design fans. The game contains many and difficult puzzels and will be longer than Tomb Raider: Legend.

Lara herself looks astounding! Lara is.... you áre Lara! She is capable of doing several cool moves and jumps to get her from A to B.

Read more... (http://www.tombraiderinc.com/content/view/466/28/)

Tomb-Dude
8th Dec 2007, 19:04
:eek: :eek:

I can't wait for this game. It sounds soooooo COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Better start saving for a new pc :p
Or i can just use my dad's or... naa... he wouldn't by me a xbox 360 and deffo not a PS3...

humbug
8th Dec 2007, 19:54
Sounds good.......... Can't wait for screenshots!

Rai
8th Dec 2007, 20:03
Wow, this is very promising indeed! I'm impressed.

And as Humbug says - looking forward to screenshots.

Tomb-Dude
8th Dec 2007, 20:16
I can't wait but i think we might be getting a screen shot in the begining of the new year? possibly?

When did we get the first Anniversary screen shot?

never_the_same
8th Dec 2007, 22:17
sounds cool! i can't wait to see lara with better graphic!!

first TRA screenshot was released somewhere in octobre 2006...
i hope they will bring us first TRU screenshot as fastest they can, or maybe as a new year gift :)

i'm so excited, till i readed news about TRU i couldn't breathe...... i'm going to drink some water.... people, stay alive!!

RaiderGirl#1
8th Dec 2007, 23:26
This is very exciting. I can't wait to see some screens and videos! The plot also sounds very interesting.

Tomb-Dude
9th Dec 2007, 00:53
This gmae sounds fantastic... I know i say this quite a bit but i dont want 2 get my expectation up too high. Becuase that is what i think some people do on this site, and when the gmae eventualy comes out... They are dissapointed with it becuase it didn't make there expectations. So as i say don't set any just look forward and wait!

Rai
9th Dec 2007, 12:42
That is good advice Tomb-Dude, and it is what I do. When we were all waiting for TRA, the expectations were crazy, perhaps more so because it was a remake of a much loved game. Many gamers who'd been with Tomb Raider from 1996 were [probably] the worst for their high hopes purely because they wanted a remake to match and exceed the feelings they got over a game that blew them away when it was originally released.

The expectations are high for TRU because it is a follow on from Legend - CD's first venture with 'our' Lara.

Come to think of it, there is no mention in that news as to the connections to Legend. No clues as to how it fits the storyline as a sequel. I guess Eidos are keeping all that for a while longer - keeping us begging for more. Don't you just love/hate that! :nut:

Wow, I really rambled on a bit there! :rasp:

-Roli-
9th Dec 2007, 14:45
I can't wait!!:eek: I can't wait!!:eek: I can't wait!!:eek: I can't wait!!:eek: I can't wait!!:eek: I can't wait!!:eek: I can't wait!!:eek: I can't wait!!:eek: I
and.. I can't wait!!:eek: :lol:

OMG!! I am very happy!!! :nut: :lmao: :thumbsup:

Rai
9th Dec 2007, 15:36
:lol: :lol:

as I was saying the expectations were crazy - nothing changes I see. ;)

Tomb-Dude
9th Dec 2007, 16:01
This is some information i got of tombnews.com

I don't know if any of you have read it but it backdates just after negends i think????

THE LONG WAIT BEGINS
Having enjoyed this and other equally polished moments, our thought turn to what the future
may hold for Lara. Over three years in development, Tomb Raider Legend marks a triumphant return for the world's most famous digital heroine. But what feats might Crystal Dynamics have in store for her next adventure?

When might it be released? The question on everyone's lips must be that, given Tomb Raider Legend's cliffhanger ending, can we safely
assume that another episodeis already being planned? "I would think there's a certain amount of safety to assume," is Morgan Gray's enigmatic response.

But can he give any clues as to what players can expect? "This is where Eidos gets mad at me!" laughs Gray. "The hint that I would give is that we would never do a cliffhanger ending if we didn't intend to resolve it..."

It could be a year before Lara returns; it could be three, or five. But having explored and enjoyed every square centimete of Tomb Raider Legend, some player might ruefully acknowledge- if only to themselves - that is already feels like an eternity...

UPDATE 11/30/2007
According to a blog on TradeMork.com, Eidos Interactive LTD has filed a trademark protection request for Tomb Raider Underworld on November 26th. Futher more the domainname www.tombraiderunderwold.com has been registered to Eidos since October 3rd.

Tomb Raider Underworld is "rumoured to be based around the Mayan Calendar. During five nameless and dangerous days at the end of the calendar called Wayeb', portals between the mortal realm and the Underworld dissolve, allowing ill-intending deities to causing disaster and mayhem."

naraku
9th Dec 2007, 20:36
"I'm already salivating" Can't wait, :D

ladylinnycroft
10th Dec 2007, 11:45
very excited but i did hear a rumour that it is not being released for the PS2 :(

blue_box
11th Dec 2007, 10:29
yes, tr8 is only for Next-Gen platforms: PS3, Xbox 360 and PC.

NightRain'06
13th Dec 2007, 21:22
I could almost taste how TR8 would feel like. Probably Uncharted with Lara instead. :D :rasp:

naraku
14th Dec 2007, 01:26
You're probably not far off.

Joshorty
14th Dec 2007, 06:23
I'm SOOO EXCITED :D The hype is building again :D !!!

uzigirl
14th Dec 2007, 09:29
yes, tr8 is only for Next-Gen platforms: PS3, Xbox 360 and PC.

I'm disappointed to hear that. PS2 player here.

Joshorty
14th Dec 2007, 12:04
Aw man...well I didn't think I'd be getting this if it weren't for my brother getting the PS3...like WOOOW I didn't see that coming :D I don't suppose you got a high-end PC don't you :( ?

uzigirl
14th Dec 2007, 12:21
I think my PC would be able to handle it but I prefer playing TR on the PS/2 consoles. The experience is very different to the two for me.

digifan
14th Dec 2007, 15:58
This game sounds fantastic. However I think Eidos need to consider a different game title. According to this article (http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=88676), they might be heading for trouble if the working title isn't change.

NTL Lara's adventures continues. :) In 2008. Hmmm. 2008 - TR8 - Coincidence?

Bring 'em on! :D

donnabright
23rd Dec 2007, 05:36
This is like a Tomb Raider Puzzle. When will Tomb Raider 8 be out? I assume because this is Tomb Raider 8 that the game will come out in 2008. See the number 8, well 8 is at the end of the year 2008. I think I have this figured out, after I swing from a pole and land on a ledge. :D
When you play as many Tomb Raider games as I do you just view life as one big puzzle, so then you try to figure everything out, including when games are coming out and in what year. :lol:
Now if I could figure out the month in which Tomb Raider is coming out. :D

rabid metro
23rd Dec 2007, 05:38
August 8th, 2008? :cool:

donnabright
23rd Dec 2007, 05:40
The year 2008, now if you add the numbers you get 10, and reduced you get 1, because 1 +0=1. Jan is the 1st. I do not know this for sure. I am just trying to figure this out ok. So If I have figured this out correct, Tomb Raider will be out Jan 2008. Well I could hope.

donnabright
23rd Dec 2007, 05:42
August 8th, 2008? :cool:

Wow your good. I never thought of that. :)

I assume here that in Jan, or August 2008 Tomb Raider 8 might be out. If not out in Jan then August. I do not know, just trying to guess when.

dorota_lis
24th Dec 2007, 16:02
http://foro.tombraiderfans.es/lofiversion/index.php/t15384.html

i came across this spanish site and found a few pictures. decided to give you guys the url since i cant post the pictures here:D if anyone can read spanish maybe the release date is in there somewhere?

Rai
24th Dec 2007, 19:54
I very much doubt it will be January, donna. I'd say August looks good. 08/08/08 - yeah I like that.

dazz
25th Dec 2007, 09:49
Hi everyone. Has anybody heard or read anything about Underworld being released on PSP? I'll be most likely bying a PS3 but it would be nice not to have too.

RaiderGirl#1
25th Dec 2007, 13:50
I don't believe that it will work on PSP, but we won't know until the announce it. I believe I read that it would only be for PC, XBOX360, and the PS3.
The great thing about the PS3 is that there seem to be a lot of great games for it.

Joshorty
25th Dec 2007, 20:55
As much as I loved Tomb Raider for PSP, I think this one is gonna have to sit out. People would then complain that if they can make it for the PSP, then why not the Wii or PS2 and yaddiyada (though I do feel sorry for them for I was a Ps2-er until recently when my bro got PS3...).

Plus it will probably delay the release date more and gosh darn it I'd hate for it to have delays again and again :(

Wess~Gamer
26th Dec 2007, 22:27
OMG! :eek:
I didn't know anything of this game, untill this afternoon.
And I'm already loving it! :D
Can't wait!

I just realy, realy, realy hope it comes to the Wii!
It has to.. otherwise I probaly can't play the game.. :(
I don't have a PS3 or a XBOX 360 and my PC isn't good enough!
Who knows.. I mean, they also weren't planning to bring anniversary to wii first, right?

Atheist
27th Dec 2007, 15:45
Wow.

I better start updating my PC lol

Atheist
27th Dec 2007, 15:47
Who knows.. I mean, they also weren't planning to bring anniversary to wii first, right?

Nope. I don't think they planned on bringing it out on the 360 either.

They proberly will bring TRU out on Wii, looking back on all the chaos not bringing TRA out on it caused.

Rai
27th Dec 2007, 16:14
All the screenshots we have seen are from the same location. Does anyone know what countries other than that one Lara will be visiting? Is there any news on that?

As for Wii, I would imagine TRU will eventually be out on that console, can't see why not. They might add the same tool kit.

Wess~Gamer
27th Dec 2007, 17:18
All the screenshots we have seen are from the same location. Does anyone know what countries other than that one Lara will be visiting? Is there any news on that?

I've read somewhere that those screenshots are at the maya-tempels in south mexico and that Lara also finds some kind of Underworld.. haven't find any other information.. guess nobody knows that, yet :scratch:

Rai
27th Dec 2007, 18:05
That's about all I know, Wess. I can't imagine that South Mexico is the only location. That and the underworld. Lara must travel to other countries! Surely? :scratch:

Wess~Gamer
27th Dec 2007, 18:17
I'm sure she'll travel all around the world! We just don't know which countries, yet.. We just have to wait untill they give us the information :)

Werner Von Croy
27th Dec 2007, 20:38
Yipee really looking forward to that one :D

aussie500
28th Dec 2007, 02:15
I'm sure she'll travel all around the world! We just don't know which countries, yet.. We just have to wait untill they give us the information :)

Australia, finally Tomb Raider is going to come to the land down under. :D
A few other interesting locations as well, but that one caught my eye, it was in the French PSM3 magazine. Considering Underworld is meant to take place during the 5 days of Wayeb (as far as we know) l would think a Christmas 2008 release date would look promising, wayeb occurs between Christmas and the New Year if the Mayan calender matches ours.

Rai
28th Dec 2007, 02:17
Australia, finally Tomb Raider is going to come to the land down under. :D
A few other interesting locations as well, but that one caught my eye, it was in the French PSM3 magazine. Considering Underworld is meant to take place during the 5 days of Wayeb (as far as we know) l would think a Christmas 2008 release date would look promising, wabeb occurs between Christmas and the New Year if the Mayan 364 day calender matches ours.

I know! I have just posted the news about the locations! I wasn't sure if it should go in here or a separate thread.