PDA

View Full Version : Patch Needed!!! Now Eidos!!

bent toe
7th Dec 2007, 21:53
Getting tired of waiting, i pimped this game for 3 of my friends and they bought it.. they love the sp but hate the mp.. i've told 'em to relax and just sit tight for a few weeks.
WELL! it's been a few weeks now and people start to get frustrated.

Release a small patch now where map rotation and join in progress is available.
And release the bigger patch/map pack early next year (i've read...)

This aint working Eidos/IO.. you got faaaar too many good mp games out there, and as much as i and others love this game... we will sooner or later trade it in because of lack of support from the dev's.

I dont know how you guys think over there, i sure hope you guys arent sitting around thinking you made the bestes game ever and planning for sequels/trilogy etc and not thinking of supporting this one first... because with games like Call of duty 4, Halo 3, Mass effect, Assassins creed, Pro street, PGR4, Eternal Sonata, Blacksite and much more... the competition is high.

**** this game up... and you will loose your customers, thats for sure.

I will wait 2 more weeks tops, and then its a trade in for me. TWO WEEKS.

GIGAR
7th Dec 2007, 22:56
Uh, dude, in Europe, this game has been out for a week.
Give the dev crew a chance - I'm sure they're working their pants off to get some more stuff in.

bent toe
7th Dec 2007, 23:27
Uh, dude, in Europe, this game has been out for a week.
Give the dev crew a chance - I'm sure they're working their pants off to get some more stuff in.
Oh really, dude.... because i live in Europe and the release date here was the 23rd and thats over 2 weeks ago, and it was released even before that in the states.. and the reviews was up even before it was out in the states.. so they had about a month to gather all the bad stuff that people disslike about it, especially the multiplayer.

And i'm giving them a chance.. with 2 more weeks its around 6 weeks since they got players opinion on the game.

Look at The darkness, no patch... its abandoned, the dev's promised a patch within a month because the mp was laggy as ****.. 2 months later and still no patch, do you think there are any players still playing it online?.. nope, do you think those players have moved on and will most likely not buy another piece of crap game from them?... yepp.

For some odd reason, when it comes to the gaming industry, its okay to release half-assed stuff and take full price for it, promise stuff but dont deliver, delay over and over again, have absolutlry no support, ignore the consumers and so on... do you think this would work in any other business?

I doubt it..

But game puplishers and game developers get away with it.. pretty strange huh?

Lets say you buy a brand new car from a car dealer, but the adjustment of the driver seat isent working at all and the fifth gear is really hard to get in gear... will you accept this? Or will you go back to the car dealer and DEMAND this to be fixed because you paid full price?

Lets say the car dealer advertises for a brand new car that you can ride two persons in, but when you bought it you realized that you need another seat for the passanger seat in order to have a passanger...
These are all over the hill comparison.. but do you get the big picture?

For some odd reason this is okay in the gaming business.. but would not be tolerated by any other consumer in any other business.

GIGAR
7th Dec 2007, 23:45
Uh, the game got delayed on the line, to the 30.
Okay, that's a little over a week, but whatever.

Also, with your car comparison - who the hell would buy a car that they've never seen.
If I had been promised that there could sit 2 people in my car, and there where only 1 seat, who the heck would be dumb enough to buy that car?! (no offence)
All I'm saying is, that DO YOUR HOMEWORK when you're buying a game - that count's for everyone, including me.
Read reviews - player reviews are often the best. (not including the retards who just say "this game sucsk 1/10")

Kneo24
8th Dec 2007, 01:30
Read reviews - player reviews are often the best. (not including the retards who just say "this game sucsk 1/10")

I often find player reviews are as much of a mixed bag as a "professional review". I wish more reviews done by gaming sites had two people reviewing it: One that really likes that genre, and one that does not like that genre. From there you should be able to glean the necessary information.

chip5541
8th Dec 2007, 02:51
Amiga Power (greatest UK magazine EVER and ANYWHERE!) use to do that for games for teh Amiga. You are right. It makes for great reviews.

bent toe
8th Dec 2007, 07:12
But i DO, i always sign up at the official game forum aswell, to get feedback.
But alot of gamers need a demo to really find out if this is a buy or a rent.

But the point here isent that i disslike the game, or feel cheated off my money, it's my fear of this game going to the grave within a few weeks because developrs dident do anything about the multiplayer.... hate too see such a cool and inovative online idea get forgotten because a few minor problems couldent get fixed in a fast patch.. i.e join in progress, map rotation and more maps.

GIGAR
8th Dec 2007, 10:36
But i DO, i always sign up at the official game forum aswell, to get feedback.
But alot of gamers need a demo to really find out if this is a buy or a rent.

But the point here isent that i disslike the game, or feel cheated off my money, it's my fear of this game going to the grave within a few weeks because developrs dident do anything about the multiplayer.... hate too see such a cool and inovative online idea get forgotten because a few minor problems couldent get fixed in a fast patch.. i.e join in progress, map rotation and more maps.
The devs have alredy said that they're working on more maps. So stop whining about the 4 maps :P

bent toe
8th Dec 2007, 13:22
The devs have alredy said that they're working on more maps. So stop whining about the 4 maps :P
I have a right to have an opinion aswell as vent my disslikes about this game... i bought their product, negative or positive feedback, i'm entitled too both.

GIGAR
8th Dec 2007, 16:59
I have a right to have an opinion aswell as vent my disslikes about this game... i bought their product, negative or positive feedback, i'm entitled too both.
Yup, but saying "I want more maps NOW" 500000 times defenitly ain't gonna get you it :rolleyes:

bent toe
8th Dec 2007, 21:14
Yup, but saying "I want more maps NOW" 500000 times defenitly ain't gonna get you it :rolleyes:

Was that all i said you little school boy? And did i say it 500000 times?
You are beginning to piss me off..

Psykopig
9th Dec 2007, 18:57
guys...

maps = who cares

game working = hell yes