PDA

View Full Version : Finished the game. Very Sad.

kewlguynick
6th Dec 2007, 03:26
I came on this forum to find out if any other gamers thought that this game was a complete waste of time. When I bought this game I thought it would be a lot of fun. I enjoyed Tomb Raider and Hitman so much that I just trusted Eidos to release a decent game; however, after one play through the game I realized where the company is headed. I found the cover system abysmal and the lack of realism in the weapons appalling. I stopped taking cover, I stopped sending my "squad" out there, and I simply stopped using grenades. A couples shots to the nearby cop car was better then a grenade. :mad2: The story looked like it was going somewhere, but the overused gangster plot is useless. They're heading to death row, but where was the sense of urgency? I shot at multiple cops with none essentially fighting back, no dramatic battles, a helicopter that just whirred overhead, but none of these elements made this game exciting. I wish I wasn't so disappointed because maybe I could keep the game and play it some other time. This game is useless and I hope if i take it to Gamestop soon enough I can at least get 40 bucks out of it. Eidos was getting their act together with great Tomb Raider and Hitman releases, but completely dropped the ball on this one. I was also wondering why there weren't user reviews on the forums?

Nick out.

jaywalker2309
6th Dec 2007, 10:50
You seem to only talk about things which are found in the opening few mins of the game. Which are also readily available in clips on the net.

With the recent `trend/fashion` to post threads anti us/the game its hard to know who is a genuine poster and who is someone just trying to post negative stuff when they've got no experience of the game (realising if they just post a single line of crap that it will be removed as obvious spam)

Apologises if you are a genuine poster, but you can appreciate, in the light of recent unacceptable behaviour on our forums, why people find it hard to know who is who on here.

kewlguynick
6th Dec 2007, 16:41
You want me to talk about what exactly to prove that I played the game? I just didn't like the gameplay at all. The story was just downright disturbing and Kane's daughter added to that.

jaywalker2309
6th Dec 2007, 16:56
You want me to talk about what exactly to prove that I played the game? I just didn't like the gameplay at all. The story was just downright disturbing and Kane's daughter added to that.

I just saying recently theres been so many people posting based on other peoples thoughts that its become a mess of knowing whos genuine and who is just trying to annoy.

YoungZer0
6th Dec 2007, 17:02
You want me to talk about what exactly to prove that I played the game? I just didn't like the gameplay at all. The story was just downright disturbing and Kane's daughter added to that.Well maybe you should have read some reviews or something like that. Don't know why you are so upset about the story or the gameplay, i think both are great. I love the story. I really would like to know what's so bad about the gameplay. How did you survive so long without using cover?

indust
6th Dec 2007, 18:03
How did you survive so long without using cover?

Easiest difficulty, I assume. ;)

The story and the gameplay is one of the best I've experienced in awhile. Especially the story. God I loved it.

Especially I loved it when you kill the members of The7, it's nothing flashy, nothing special. You just go and kill them like normal enemies. Finally a game without anything wannabe epic or annoying boss fights (except the big truck fight, but I finished the game with coop so it wasn't frustrating or anything although we tried it like 50 times before we knew what to do.

All in all, friggin _awesome_ gaming experience. I'm glad I bought the game instead of CoD4.

YoungZer0
6th Dec 2007, 18:08
Easiest difficulty, I assume. ;)

The story and the gameplay is one of the best I've experienced in awhile. Especially the story. God I loved it.

Especially I loved it when you kill the members of The7, it's nothing flashy, nothing special. You just go and kill them like normal enemies. Finally a game without anything wannabe epic or annoying boss fights (except the big truck fight, but I finished the game with coop so it wasn't frustrating or anything although we tried it like 50 times before we knew what to do.

All in all, friggin _awesome_ gaming experience. I'm glad I bought the game instead of CoD4.
I remember the scene After Kane's wife is killed, and he loses it, kills Mute with a shovel while screaming "You should have let me talk to them!". This scene is so intense, without the great voice actors it wouldn't be as good as it is.

indust
6th Dec 2007, 18:39
I remember the scene After Kane's wife is killed, and he loses it, kills Mute with a shovel while screaming "You should have let me talk to them!". This scene is so intense, without the great voice actors it wouldn't be as good as it is.

Oh hell yes. I agree 110%.

Adam_KANE_Marcus
6th Dec 2007, 19:33
I loved this game, although the Havana and jungle levels killed the whole atmosphere.

lordshoot2kill
6th Dec 2007, 20:56
I loved this game, although the Havana and jungle levels killed the whole atmosphere.

Totally agree, a few more levels in the city would have made up for that

ultrAtolga
13th Dec 2007, 21:11
i believe it is an amazing game however there were a few things wrong.People are saying the police were not fighting back but that may be due to the level of difficulty if u play aspirin obviously its easy.Secondly the grenades never worked :) wat was the point of them.Finally only 15 chapters bloody hell the game ended so quick.I done first 9 chapters the day i got it and the rest the next day.They should of had more levels and they finished it too quick.We went for the 7 straight away.

Other than them above it was good.great graphics and the shootting was fun.The missions were interesting and thoughtfully made.

I hope there will be anumber 2 :)

Dexter O
1st Jan 2008, 02:52
Complaining wont make the game any better.

I loved it, but hey, it's saddening to see so many people disappointed by such a good game.

Dia1980
14th Jan 2008, 07:16
Just registered and logged to confirm something;

The game had few exellent maps and some great moments I give it that.
There was a lot of control issues wich could/should be(?) tweaked out in a patch.
But, nothing can fix the downright horrible level design and graphical quality in a lot of the levels. Especially the ending enviroment was just really bad, it reminded me from some early days shooters - totally unrealistic. I'm not even blaming the corridoring, I mean, it just looked and felt afwul! In a way I wish you'd have kept the enviroment in the urban city theme, where the game clearly had it's strongest points and not gone into things where they failed big time.

The storyline isn't all that bad and I infact enjoyed from the main characters, but I think that most of the people would had needed more time/dialogue to connect with them.

Did IO ran out of money and time when doing the levels?