PDA

View Full Version : Well that went back to the shop today...

StormFront
5th Dec 2007, 13:46
Another perfectly good game rendered utterly useless by an ignorant and talentless Dev team. Gee, that's just so rare these days....

Good (well good enough) graphics, interesting story, nice characterisations (well.. "nice" in so far as it is fleshed out, not actaully "nice" :D ) and decent controls.

Game develops well throughout the levels and has its highs and lows (gotta love Tokyo!) but then you get to the level with the helicopter... Good grief. Don't get me wrong, the helo is no issue. Took the BTR and it out straight away. BUt inifintely spawning enemies who all know EXACTLY where I am but don't care about the others on my team? No thanks. It was just totally pointless.

I managed to ignore the APPALLING ballistic realisation (have the dev team ever even SEEN a gun? At all? Ever?), ignored the fact that 'nades are apparently fire crackers (except if thrown at cars.. weird), and even over looked getting killed by my team 20+ times, but that level just made me lose it.

You can always tell the point in the game when the devs ran out of ideas and that there level is it. Never mind, I got Mario Galaxy with my refund (okay, it went toward Mario: Bloody console game prices...)

Good luck to everyone else waiting for the patches... (oh and FWIW, I had no tech problems at all bar the odd corrupted sound bite. 1600x1200, max details, max AA&AF - 70FPS+ at all times:D )

PainGiver
5th Dec 2007, 16:15
So, in other words, you played the game and then returned it. Great.:mad2:

Warbadger22
5th Dec 2007, 16:37
How about acknowledging that he has legitimate problems instead of blowing him off? This game isn't perfect, you know. It's a lot of fun but it also needs a lot of work.

StormFront
5th Dec 2007, 17:29
So, in other words, you played the game and then returned it. Great.:mad2:

Played it? How far through the game was I by that point? Surely not very far?!:eek:

Kneo24
6th Dec 2007, 00:07
I'm surprised this thread hasn't been locked or deleted yet. I've seen quite a few in the past few days just disappear.

StormFront
6th Dec 2007, 01:19
I'm surprised this thread hasn't been locked or deleted yet. I've seen quite a few in the past few days just disappear.

Why? All I said is I did not like the game as it is badly flawed. I did not encourage people not buy it. Admitedly I was harsh about the dev team, but let's be honest: They are pretty experienced and some of the mistakes in this title are just school girl level...

Kneo24
6th Dec 2007, 01:53
I've seen a lot of threads criticizing the game just disappearing lately. Some of them have been... not very constructive, but some of them were. I know some douche is going to come in here and say, "WE DON'T LOCK OR REMOVE THREADS/POSTS", but it does happen.

unihoaxer
6th Dec 2007, 03:20
To the original poster: I am sorry you didn't have fun. Sometimes games can seem really hard and you might not have as much fun coasting along like you would in BulletWitch or Dead Rising. Have you tried the co-op mode? Are you new to gaming in general? Sometimes referring to online FAQs (like on a great website called GameFAQs (http://www.gamefaqs.com/)) really can help overcome the parts you get stuck in.

Maybe give it another try? I wish you the best, friend.

StormFront
6th Dec 2007, 13:02
To the original poster: I am sorry you didn't have fun. Sometimes games can seem really hard and you might not have as much fun coasting along like you would in BulletWitch or Dead Rising. Have you tried the co-op mode? Are you new to gaming in general? Sometimes referring to online FAQs (like on a great website called GameFAQs (http://www.gamefaqs.com/)) really can help overcome the parts you get stuck in.

Maybe give it another try? I wish you the best, friend.

:eek: :eek:
I have had to sit here and actually physically restrain myself from flaming you to a dark crisp. Could you BE any more patronising?:rolleyes:

The game is not hard: It is badly designed. The ballistcs are terrible, the damage dealt by weapons is laughable and the AI which cannot shoot me at point blank but can snipe me with a handgun from 300 meters makes me want to SCREAM.****

I did not get stuck. I have never been stuck. The game is just shoddily produced.

Mate, the first game I clanned on (clanned, not played) was QuakeWorld. Please, don't ever again compare me to you and you console "gaming" experiences... I have never played the "games" you listed as they are laughable jokes on a Fisher Price platform.:lol:

Assuming you actually have a proper games machine (i.e. PC), then get in touch. Drop me a PM sometime and I'll set you up with access to my server. I can then spend a few hours schooling you on any game you choose.

Too hard.... good god.....:lol:

chip5541
6th Dec 2007, 13:44
I've seen a lot of threads criticizing the game just disappearing lately. Some of them have been... not very constructive, but some of them were. I know some douche is going to come in here and say, "WE DON'T LOCK OR REMOVE THREADS/POSTS", but it does happen.

Well, I am going to be a douche and say yeah. We do lock and delete threads. I just went through teh past 3 weeks of postings and EVERY thread that was deleted deserved it. These threads included people trying to get around the language filter, personal attacks, inappropriate pictures and many other offenses. I really wish people would read the rules before posting. When people post things that are offensive, inflammatory, inane or post just to troll then we have every right and it is our job to protect you, the users, from people like that.

As far as not locking or deleting this thread. It has not crossed the line and has for teh most part been pretty civil. if things get out of hand then we will delete posts that are out of hand. If they continue then we would have no choice but to close the thread.

StormFront
6th Dec 2007, 14:34
Well, I am going to be a douche and say yeah. We do lock and delete threads. I just went through teh past 3 weeks of postings and EVERY thread that was deleted deserved it. These threads included people trying to get around the language filter, personal attacks, inappropriate pictures and many other offenses. I really wish people would read the rules before posting. When people post things that are offensive, inflammatory, inane or post just to troll then we have every right and it is our job to protect you, the users, from people like that.

As far as not locking or deleting this thread. It has not crossed the line and has for teh most part been pretty civil. if things get out of hand then we will delete posts that are out of hand. If they continue then we would have no choice but to close the thread.

Fully undersatand and appreciate what you are saying: Thanks for the clarification.

However, that quote of KNEO24 isn't actually from this thread is it?:confused:

GoranAgar
6th Dec 2007, 14:54
Check out reply #7. ;)

chip5541
6th Dec 2007, 15:06
^:lmao:

Considering I am half asleep right now and was more tired when I wrote it I am just glad it made sense.

StormFront
6th Dec 2007, 15:45
^:lmao:

Considering I am half asleep right now and was more tired when I wrote it I am just glad it made sense.

'Salright, apparently I have lost the ability to read or see really obvious posts...:nut:

Ignore me: I don't make any sense sober:D

Adam_KANE_Marcus
7th Dec 2007, 11:49
I've experienced the same problems that you've stated, but I just didnt quit.

And why are you getting all dirty harry on that guy who's trying to help you out?! We dont want to read your resume as a gamer, if you dont need the help then just go along istead of ****tin' on that guy.

StormFront
7th Dec 2007, 12:49
I've experienced the same problems that you've stated, but I just didnt quit.

Each to their own. Life is just too short to play bugged games though, and I'll be damned if I am gonna pay for them.

I'll give it a patch or two then pick it up second hand for £5

And why are you getting all dirty harry on that guy who's trying to help you out?! We dont want to read your resume as a gamer, if you dont need the help then just go along istead of ****tin' on that guy.

Fundamentally because I am bloody tired of, frankly very young, 360 owners turning up on forums and acting like THEY just discovered gaming as a genre. Cross platform gaming may have some benefits (dev budget) but having to put up with 13 year olds giving me lectures just ain't doin' it for me.

Take that as rude if you like, but it's how I feel.

silentassasin24
7th Dec 2007, 19:04
i bought assasins creed and kane and lynch, and i love em both, and i am also tired of people giving a good game such a bad rating, i would give both games a 9.75, so there ya go people.

silentassasin24
7th Dec 2007, 19:07
well dude, maybe that kid has a right to give u a lecture, its a free country the last time i checked, being rude wont get u anywhere, i think the game was awesome, and thats my opinion, stop picking on kids.

Kneo24
8th Dec 2007, 01:24
well dude, maybe that kid has a right to give u a lecture, its a free country the last time i checked, being rude wont get u anywhere, i think the game was awesome, and thats my opinion, stop picking on kids.

Durh! Private forum. That whole "free country" spiel goes out the window. I don't know why people keep trying to use that in a place they don't own or isn't government operated.

silentassasin24
13th Dec 2007, 19:04
first of a i thought the game was awesome, not perfect but it was good enough for me, and secondly u dont have the right to put the developers of this game down, i think they did a great job with it, and as far as them getting that guy from gamespot fired, im glad they did, his rating sucked, and he put the game down tremendously, so he got what he deserved.

SpecSniper
19th Dec 2007, 21:36
Atleast you got some reply's from the moderators ive been kept in the dark for a month now no news on new maps patch or update nothing in my threads :( Im just gonna go return the game tommorow ive been an eidos fanboy since 96 I feel betrayed...

fury_161
24th Dec 2007, 05:43
Played it? How far through the game was I by that point? Surely not very far?!:eek:

Actually you were about done.

Dexter O
1st Jan 2008, 02:42
So... You took back a game because it was challenging? That's a real shame, it's really a good game.

Kneo24
1st Jan 2008, 20:20
So... You took back a game because it was challenging? That's a real shame, it's really a good game.

I don't think it was an issue of being "too challenging", but more of an issue of poor development.

halflifedave
1st Jan 2008, 21:18
its a free country the last time i checked, being rude wont get u anywhere, i think the game was awesome, and thats my opinion, stop picking on kids.

first of a i thought the game was awesome, not perfect but it was good enough for me, and secondly u dont have the right to put the developers of this game down, i think they did a great job with it, and as far as them getting that guy from gamespot fired, im glad they did, his rating sucked, and he put the game down tremendously, so he got what he deserved.
You're claiming it's a free country on an internet forum, yet you're saying he doesn't have the right to insult the developers of the game :scratch:?

Atleast you got some reply's from the moderators ive been kept in the dark for a month now no news on new maps patch or update nothing in my threads Im just gonna go return the game tommorow ive been an eidos fanboy since 96 I feel betrayed...
new maps take time to create and patches take time to make sure they fix the bugs they are meant to fix.

Potentialkilla
2nd Jan 2008, 15:55

well i used to think eidos were quite good in the tomb raider 2 days for psone & hitman that was alrite
but now after playing k&l and reading some of these threads eidos are a ****e company and i am taking my k&l back to the shop tommorow getting my money back and i am not paying for another eidos game again! (they obviously new the game had serious problems about but they don't want to admit it and are coming up with every pathetic excuse in the book these mods have probly been told what to say by there bosses aswell).