PDA

View Full Version : ABILITIES Choking Haze vs Healing Wind

cmstache
6th Dec 2013, 20:39
From what I've found, healing wind is the only possible way to counter the EXTREMELY OP combination of the choking haze + pounce/savage pounce. There are two problems with this:
1. Choking haze has a ridiculous amount more of a radius.
2. While they are the same strength pretty much, Choking Haze has a much longer duration. I really think that healing wind's range be buffed to make choking haze's duration shorter to the same length. Too long of a heal is obviously too cheap, and the poison is pretty much ridiculous. This is getting to the point where people are scoring 35k+ per round of damage with just a choking haze + savage pounce alone, which is an instakill btw, no matter what perks you have.

hirukaru
8th Dec 2013, 23:03
From what I've found, healing wind is the only possible way to counter the EXTREMELY OP combination of the choking haze + pounce/savage pounce. There are two problems with this:
1. Choking haze has a ridiculous amount more of a radius.
2. While they are the same strength pretty much, Choking Haze has a much longer duration. I really think that healing wind's range be buffed to make choking haze's duration shorter to the same length. Too long of a heal is obviously too cheap, and the poison is pretty much ridiculous. This is getting to the point where people are scoring 35k+ per round of damage with just a choking haze + savage pounce alone, which is an instakill btw, no matter what perks you have.

I agree I use choking haze alot these days cause of the 120 dps.
It can easy kill a new player and even an player that is cornered.

(Choking + normal pounce = insta kill also)

Psyonix_Corey
9th Dec 2013, 01:06
I agree Choking Haze feels a little strong right now. It's a tough balance between persistent AOEs being useless and OP.

We've discussed having Choking Haze (and skills like it) ramp their damage up the longer a specific player stands in it, but haven't made any decisions yet.

Oroibahazopi
9th Dec 2013, 01:31
I feel like I'm stating the obvious here but, don't stand in it? As a human, unless you're playing really indoors campy strats, you're going to be in the open with space to move and not lose too much dps potential.

I personally find the other nade much more dangerous vs a decent team.

cmstache
9th Dec 2013, 02:08
When they pounce you, there's no choice. As we said, it's barely gone off when they pounce you, so you can't avoid it. And it's an instant kill.