PDA

View Full Version : ABILITIES Echolocation

cmstache
6th Dec 2013, 20:33
From what I can tell, echolocation isn't used very much, if any. Part of this is because you have to sacrifice either dive bomb or take off, the two best abilities to even be able to use it, despite it dealing no damage, or any adverse affects to the opponent (despite the description). Maybe if it made nearby opponents screen hazy it would help, but their aim doesn't miss for jack diddly still.

I propose some kind of major buff for this ability, or make it a primary ability instead of a secondary.

Hugbringer
8th Dec 2013, 19:21
I had actually been meaning to try and force myself to use this ability more to see if my initial reaction to it was just a snap judgement. Combined with a swoop and grab afterwards, I could see it being useful I guess, but still feels a little 'Iffy' with the other abilities that already exist.

I tried it in a match a couple of times and unfortunately wasn't terribly impressed when my screen went very dark, almost to the point where I couldn't see the terrain at first glance. Sure I could see the humans, but the sentinel is too fragile to take advantage of that short window.

In a group sense, I could see it being useful, but then I'm less useful as a result of my reduced combat effectiveness. Though I do like the idea of a UI affect, similar to what happens with the other various effects that are already employed (Light Bombs and Darkness Grenades) just with a more of a blurry effect.

cmstache
8th Dec 2013, 19:25
If it actually made you harder to hit, like the description says, then that'd be cool.

Scion_of_Balance
11th Dec 2013, 04:16
I've used it a few times. No one has responded when I asked the humans what happens when I use it at close range, but I assume they didn't notice much difference. Its cool if a team is organized and you can tell them where the humans are to plan an attack, but frankly no one is using mics so its not viable yet. Lately the only time I use it is when the humans have given up and I'm hunting for stragglers.

For those reading this wondering if they should buy it, I'd say not yet.

Strike5150
11th Dec 2013, 10:15
I would like to see this skill let your teammates see the enemy too. That would make it viable.

cmstache
11th Dec 2013, 16:49
Tested it on teamspeak. Nothing notable happens to them close range. He didnt even know i used it.