PDA

View Full Version : To devs : Idea of a story.

IceBallz
4th Dec 2007, 15:07
Make a mission in one huge secret underground lab in New York or in some other major city. There you been told to kill a hi-tech professor. The things you don't been told about. Is that he's working on a cloaking suit, that makes people invisible. The CIA-agents who tell you about this place and gives you the mission. Don't tell you about the work on cloak-suit at all, in lab and not about what they think to use the suit too. The thing is, that the CIA-agent tries to doublecross you. The CIA-agents are not only CIA, they are doubleagents for Mole people (or whatever). The professors are in their lab working on the suit, while you make your way pass all security in the huge lab. Here you even find modifications and other stuff, in it's own home nature. Ever how.

When you are just to reaching the lab door to the professors lab. The huge door goes down, front of your eyes. While 6 soldiers and 1 agent, rolls under the closing door out from lab and against you. The thing is, that you can't take them all down at the same time. So you have to sprint from there and hide. So they have to start to search after you in all labs and other kind of rooms. The thing is that the agent eyeball (iris) is the key to lab. So you have to take down him to open door to lab. But if you kill the agent, the soldiers still remain in patrol and in search after you. So the best thing is to take them down too or try to open door to lab, without taking down the soldiers. And in haste close the door when you have entered the lab.

Well. Here comes the funny part. When you enter the room. The professor are standing, just where you can see him. Suddenly you see him disepear. Just front of your eyes. While door is closing behind you. You hear the noice from outside the lab disepear and it all gets death silent in the lab. Now you understand that you have a cloak-suited professor trying to kill you with two hits. It's just you and him. When you start to listen, you can hear his slowly sneaking steps. Not every one of them and not loud. Just a little bit, just that you can hear minimal sounds of steps. You can only locate him on sounds of his steps and if something different is happening somewhere. Like some paperpiece moves on floor or a labtube falls down from table. Means that he's there, somewhere. But when some of this actions happens he could even setup a (random) trap against you.

When you kill the professor. You destroy the odinary energysource in the suit. So you must start to use simple batteries to this suit instead of this odinary energysource. This mean that when you taking over the suit, from the dead professor. It's only working specific time, for each type of battery you find in game. While the odinary energysource could done the suit work 24h. But just to get balance into the game and the use of cloak-suit. He must destroy the energysource in fight against the professor.

SCARED ?!? :p JUST A GREAT IDEA, HUH ?!?

gamer0004
4th Dec 2007, 15:58
Hmm. Doens't sound too bad but I'd like the cloak to be an augmentation. Way more Deus Ex. So you can decide not to kill the professor, grab the augmentation canister and let them be installed by a docter. And the idea of a cloak working for 24 hous is a bit unrealistic...

StormFront
4th Dec 2007, 18:58
Making the cloak an item is just daft and it seems like you want to turn this into Silent Hill/ Splinter Cell. I have no idea what your idea has to do with the Deus Ex form of gameplay...:confused:

SOCAR
5th Dec 2007, 00:39
SCARED ?!? JUST A GREAT IDEA, HUH ?!?

Nope!

The CIA-agents who tell you about this place and gives you the mission. Don't tell you about the work on cloak-suit at all, in lab and not about what they think to use the suit too. The thing is, that the CIA-agent tries to doublecross you. The CIA-agents are not only CIA, they are doubleagents for Mole people (or whatever)

Despite of that CIA can't operate on US soil, why to hell the agent gives the main character the mission in first place? If he want to double cross him why to bother sending he/she on a mission ? Doesn't make sense.

While 6 soldiers and 1 agent, rolls under the closing door out from lab and against you. The thing is, that you can't take them all down at the same time (...)But if you kill the agent, the soldiers still remain in patrol and in search after you. So the best thing is to take them down too

So why he/she dont took them in the first place? In DX1 or even DX2 It wouldn't be such a problem.

The thing is that the agent eyeball (iris) is the key to lab

Console-player thinking. Remeber DX1? There always were few ways around. Computer hack, keypad hack, pass in datacubes or getting it by bribing someone. Or even ordinary ventilation shaft. Anyway kind a brutal element (which would never enter the game) - removing eyeball from dead agent (An why he must be dead? Can't be unconcious??)

When you start to listen, you can hear his slowly sneaking steps. Not every one of them and not loud. Just a little bit, just that you can hear minimal sounds of steps. You can only locate him on sounds of his steps and if something different is happening somewhere. Like some paperpiece moves on floor or a labtube falls down from table.

Is that "professor dance" around the lab mean something ? In such situation player would be killed in few secods. Despite of that, theres no way of totally unseeable (invisible) cloak.

Dave W
5th Dec 2007, 00:54
Making the cloak an item is just daft and it seems like you want to turn this into Silent Hill/ Splinter Cell. I have no idea what your idea has to do with the Deus Ex form of gameplay...:confused:
Adaptive Camoflauge in the original Deus Ex...?

SOCAR, CIA regularly operates on US soil. They'd be kind of useless if they couldn't.

SOCAR
5th Dec 2007, 01:06
Iam not US Citizen but as official note states (and AFAIR) CIA is not allowed to operate within US borders. AFAIK the US Constitution forbids them.

Wiki confirms that by

The Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) is a civilian intelligence agency of the United States government. Its primary function is obtaining and analyzing information about foreign governments, corporations, and persons in order to advise public policymakers

Of course Iam aware that those "rules" are just paperwork, and coverops illegally operates within 'states. But in this case, author writes it like it would be daily routine.

Dave W
5th Dec 2007, 01:41
That doesn't confirm it at all. Yes, the CIA's main focus is on foreign governments and such. That doesn't mean they cannot operate on US soil if it's neccesary.

IceBallz
5th Dec 2007, 09:01
Hmm. Doens't sound too bad but I'd like the cloak to be an augmentation. Way more Deus Ex. So you can decide not to kill the professor, grab the augmentation canister and let them be installed by a docter. And the idea of a cloak working for 24 hous is a bit unrealistic...

Well. Not when you get the suit. Like i wrote. You break down the odinary energysource in suit when you fight down the professor. So you don't get it work 24-hours, just a moment. With battery drive.

IceBallz
5th Dec 2007, 09:15
That doesn't confirm it at all. Yes, the CIA's main focus is on foreign governments and such. That doesn't mean they cannot operate on US soil if it's neccesary.

Yeah. The professor and lab don't need to be under US goverment and CIA. Maybe it could be a lab that is North Korean, only that it's based in USA. Or maybe the CIA-agent lie to you. That the lab is North Korean, but in real it's a facility owned by CIA for hi-tech researches. Only that the CIA-agents lies to you. To make you to do a work for a Arabic terrorist network.

The main thing. I wanted to get to. Is that it could be real creapy to be hunting a enemy that are invisible, but weak. A enemy that have really realistic AI and try to ambush you. To get two really good hits on you and kill you with one hit from behind. Then where and how this issue happening. Don't matter. Just to have this little momento in game.

ThatDeadDude
5th Dec 2007, 09:25
I hate invisible enemies. Some enemy that carried on sneaking up behind me and killing me with one hit would turn me off the game completely.

IceBallz
6th Dec 2007, 08:34
I hate invisible enemies. Some enemy that carried on sneaking up behind me and killing me with one hit would turn me off the game completely.

I said. The enemy should be weak. You still the super agent and he is just invisible for you. Then he should be even more scared about your hasted moves. The only thing is to you, to find him. Before he gets the guts to even try to suprise and try to make a attack on you. When you move, he can move in your footstep sounds. When you stand still he can advance, but really slowly. And only if there is a possbility for him to escape from the spot he tries to hit you from. Smart AI in other words.

Even cooler had been to set noice from loads of computers and other stuff, from the surroundings in lab. So you could hear a little diffeculty in soundwave volume, when he walks in front of a specific soundwave from the surroundings. Example. If he is trying to sneak in from left, you can hear a tiny, tiny little fade down of the sound volume in left speaker. Cool ?!? :) That's nightmare. To deside, when to turn around to shoot at him or knife him. When is the right moment to make a hasted move, against him. But if you start to haste, he acts. But if you don't act nothing, while he is advancing you slowly (sneak). He will make a uncounted move, just under his attack. So you can't move too fast or stay all still when he is trying to sneak on you. Just something betwin, those two. So it's a real boss level in game and worth a cloak-suit loot. And the cloak-suit is still not working 24-hours. A use of one battery gives you 1-5 minutes in cloaked form, not more. The thing is that the original energy device brokes down in fight, when you get suit.

Woggy
7th Dec 2007, 10:17
Is this a joke? Thank god you aren't on the development team.

StormFront
7th Dec 2007, 11:04

:lol:

And I thought I was unsubtle. Nice!:D

ROFL

IceBallz
7th Dec 2007, 15:06

Same about you. You just eat the old same type of sandwitch, every day. Becurse you are so afraid for something new.

You afraid for better AI's ?!? Or what ?!? Or is it that the NPC's is cheating in storyline and you can't see him for the moment ?!?
Or just what ?!? What's the problem ?!? Tell me, please ?!? Want to know... Or is it just your alterego talking ?!?

StormFront
7th Dec 2007, 17:24
Same about you. You just eat the old same type of sandwitch, every day. Becurse you are so afraid for something new.

You afraid for better AI's ?!? Or what ?!? Or is it that the NPC's is cheating in storyline and you can't see him for the moment ?!?
Or just what ?!? What's the problem ?!? Tell me, please ?!? Want to know... Or is it just your alterego talking ?!?

Why do you insist on forcing other forum users hands? Do you not understand what we are saying?

Look, if I have to spell it out I will: Your idea is childishly idiotic. It is a nonesensical idea that sounds like very bad 80's Saturday night TV.

Please try and take this well. You have some good input on the forum and you are clearly a fun character, but you are just talking weird too often mate...:(

SOCAR
7th Dec 2007, 23:05
Your idea is childishly idiotic.

Indeed Iam afraid.

Woggy
7th Dec 2007, 23:43
If 'something new' is a cheesy conspiracy plot involving the mole people, North Korea, the CIA and a generic Arabic terrorist network, then yes, I'm very afraid.

Kneo24
8th Dec 2007, 01:39
I read the first few sentences and thought to myself, "why would anyone develop a cloaking suit, technology that is obviously much less advanced than a nano-aug, when they can just get augmented"? And before you get all hardcore about how some people may not like getting augs, the only reason to have a "stealth" suit is for espionage purposes, or other illicit activities, in which case you'll probably want to be augmented anyway.

WhatsHisFace
11th Dec 2007, 03:53
Heavy scripting will break Deus Ex's gameplay. You should never be forced into a situation because of level design. (Deus Ex 1 did this when you needed to be captured by Gunther's UNATCO team, but hey...)

gamer0004
11th Dec 2007, 13:50
No, we don't want an enemy moving the same way every time.
It happens a lot in games, invisible enemies (or something like that) you have to avoid and kill, and it just results in a lot of reloads until you know the exact way the enemy is going.

Loneranger
13th Dec 2007, 20:50
No, we don't want an enemy moving the same way every time.
It happens a lot in games, invisible enemies (or something like that) you have to avoid and kill, and it just results in a lot of reloads until you know the exact way the enemy is going.

Exactly. A la F.E.A.R.

The A.I. In Fear was quite good actually. The Idea could do with a lot of development, mate. First up, like more than one person has said, instead of the device, augmentations would be more appropriate. However, as the game has been reported to possibly be a prequel, augs of that calibre may not come into the story yet so it could still be valid. I doubt that the developers would do that though, seeing as though it would probably outrage fans. Personally though, if the game is more like DX 1 or 2 I don't care, they both seemed like good games to me and in the end, it's not like they have to bring the games out for us is it? I mean they have plenty of money as it is, so no point complaining about what a game is when it could never have been a game at all.

gamer0004
14th Dec 2007, 14:08
According to the deus ex bible augmentations became widespread in the 2020s. So the world WAS ready for augmentations (mechanically augmentated agents like Hermann are technically possible these days, but there's no need for them and I think there would be some moral problems).

Loneranger
14th Dec 2007, 18:26
Well, that may be so, but there is a thread discussing looks, so I know it's hardly the time to say it, but would you really want a main character that's mechanically augmented? I mean if you were to be augmented at all it would have to be mechanical in theory and according to canon, seeing as though the first two nano-augmented agents were Paul and JC Denton. And yes you're right. I haven't seen a player character with sunglasses since Duke Nukem lol!

CarloGervasi
15th Dec 2007, 18:55
Thank goodness they don't listen to these.

WhatsHisFace
15th Dec 2007, 19:45
With all the out-there suggestions I hope the devs just ignore everything we say and make the game that they want to. I don't want to play a game with a bunch of mish-mashed ideas.

Loneranger
16th Dec 2007, 09:01
Yeah I agree. I mean, I do put in my ideas, but I only ever put them in to back up a point or somethin'.

I mean, the devs. probably only look at the forums to see what people liked or didn't like about certain the games or whatever.