PDA

View Full Version : WILL THERE BE A CONSOLE VERSION?

spyke81v
6th Dec 2013, 18:25
I would much rather play it on the ps3 than the pc(willing to pay to play as Im sure others would also)," in my opinion", keyboards really suck for controllers. I also dislike all the lag on pc. As I'm for the most part computer illiterate anyways it would be much easier to play on a console for people such as myself. Anyways just curious if there were any plans for console versions, would be kool . Been waiting for a kool vampire rpg since defiance...

RainaAudron
6th Dec 2013, 19:58
So far there are no plans for a console version, but it´s a possibility for the future.

Not sure what kind of lag do you refer to? We usually play on the servers closest to us so it´s not a problem. Also you can hook up a controller to a pc and once the support for it will be fully implemented in the game, I´m sure it won´t be any different than on a console.

Reidbynature
9th Dec 2013, 03:40
From what they've said they haven't ruled out releasing it on consoles, but they've haven't said anything more than perhaps it's a possibility at some point.

Nehemia
10th Dec 2013, 10:29
IF there is a console version (That is IF), make sure to include at least a four-person split screen mode. A game like this would be best enjoyed with proper amount of intoxication, 4 friends and one screen.

Paradoks_db
10th Dec 2013, 11:28
IF there is a console version (That is IF), make sure to include at least a four-person split screen mode. A game like this would be best enjoyed with proper amount of intoxication, 4 friends and one screen.
PC version won't even have LAN support. Local multiplayer has minimal chance.

Tiego87
2nd Jan 2014, 18:54
I'd much rather enjoy this on my PS3 console. I fear playing it on my laptop will strain it too much. And it probably won't be compatible anyway. The developers are probably dipping their toes into the market first anyway. If this game proves to be successful, perhaps in a year or so after it has been (hopefully) expanded on, we may see a console version. Fingers crossed.

ZeroFernir
3rd Jan 2014, 01:31
Not sure of anything, but for the ones who doesn't like keybords, they said somewhere that that would have controller support.

Monkeythumbz
6th Jan 2014, 12:16
Not sure of anything, but for the ones who doesn't like keybords, they said somewhere that that would have controller support.

This is true.

Sataine
20th Jan 2014, 16:12
I'm bumping this. Why? In the FAQ you state "...we wanted as much people to play it as possible..." That was in regards as to why it was free to play. With the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, (mayhaps even the Wii U) consoles are more on the mmo front than ever. DC Universe Online, Free Realms, Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn, Blacklight: Retribution, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny, Warframe, etc.

If you guys want as many people playing and as many customers as possible, then logic dictates that it should be released for the new current generation of consoles. It can only help the game. Besides, tons of LoK fans want to continue their favorite series on the medium they played it. Even more to the point, tons of LoK fans may not even know Nosgoth exists because they only play on consoles.

Monkeythumbz
21st Jan 2014, 10:07
If you guys want as many people playing and as many customers as possible, then logic dictates that it should be released for the new current generation of consoles. It can only help the game. Besides, tons of LoK fans want to continue their favorite series on the medium they played it. Even more to the point, tons of LoK fans may not even know Nosgoth exists because they only play on consoles.

You make a good point, but right now we're focusing our development efforts on Steam for Windows PC. Don't want to bite off more than we can chew when the game's only just started to get going!

Please bear in mind that we're still only in Closed Alpha and our main goal is to reach Open Beta as swiftly and smoothly as possible.

Sataine
21st Jan 2014, 15:02
Oh yea. I didn't expect this to be rushed right into immediate development. I had assumed the game itself needed to be fully tested, refined, and released. These consoles will be out for awhile yet. Plenty of time. Either way I can't wait to play some Nosgoth. And I'd love to help find issues in it. You guys definitely keep up the good work. Just thought I would post one of, if not THE, most important reason why it should go to consoles at some point down the line.

Kougeru
22nd Jan 2014, 03:19
You make a good point, but right now we're focusing our development efforts on Steam for Windows PC. Don't want to bite off more than we can chew when the game's only just started to get going!

Please bear in mind that we're still only in Closed Alpha and our main goal is to reach Open Beta as swiftly and smoothly as possible. Well you guys are doing a FANTASTIC job. This is one of the smoothest alphas...nay...smoothest TESTS of any game I've played. And I've been in almost 100 at this point.

I can't wait to play as vampires vs joypad using humans. hahahaha.

Sataine
22nd Jan 2014, 14:42
You use your crutch, I'll stick with a gamepad. ;)

mappalazarou
23rd Jan 2014, 21:30
I'm a console gamer too, and using a keyboard does take some getting used to.

Thankfully the control scheme for Nosgoth is quite simple, and there are reminders all over the place as to what each key functions as. The 'swift' to climb/run was one which took me a couple of days to wrap my head around. I think I would've preferred 'space' to serve as both a jump/climb button but maybe that's because I'm so used to the system they have in Assassin's Creed!

I might look into getting a controller myself once that system has been implemented.

ZeroFernir
24th Jan 2014, 01:10
I'm a console gamer too, and using a keyboard does take some getting used to.

Thankfully the control scheme for Nosgoth is quite simple, and there are reminders all over the place as to what each key functions as. The 'swift' to climb/run was one which took me a couple of days to wrap my head around. I think I would've preferred 'space' to serve as both a jump/climb button but maybe that's because I'm so used to the system they have in Assassin's Creed!

I might look into getting a controller myself once that system has been implemented.

Actually, for fast games (as this one) I prefer a keyboard. But there shall be a controller support soon, according to the developers.