PDA

View Full Version : 'Tomb Raider: Underworld' - Love the title, or hate it?

Phlip
2nd Dec 2007, 15:37
I personally would prefer 'Underground' better. :D :o So I vote against it. (Although I don't hate it. ;) )

TwinPistols
2nd Dec 2007, 16:16
I'm not concerned with the title. my concern is the game, I'm not sure enough if the game will be a real Tomb raider (I mean, tomb raider game = a game with ancient tombs), anyway is too soon give an opinion. My big, BIG problem is the fact that Underworld is a next generation game, I hope I'll be able to play it on PS2 or PSP.

There's something i'm sure: CD and Eidos won't disappoint the fans.

rabid metro
3rd Dec 2007, 08:01
... another implication for "Legend" is mythology.
Tomb Raider: Underworld resonates with mythology (if the name sticks).
Underworld just smacks of ancient greek and pre-greek (i.e. atlantean) legends.
The story will, no doubt, find Lara (with Scion knowledge) piecing together the clues that frustrated her father,
and (trilogy bonus) she'll get another revelation about her (undead) mother!
it would be really neat if there was an easter egg reference to the dagger of xian ...

then again, what do i know? she may end up battling the lone cylon gunslinger ... :cool:

this ain't gonna be your father's tomb raider! :)

Rai
3rd Dec 2007, 08:42
I'm actually really impressed with this name. I wouldn't say I love it just yet but I definitely don't hate it, hence my vote.

It has undertones of both underground and mythology about it so I feel it is very fitting for a Tomb Raider game. It's kinda spooky too. I can imagine some very dark creepy tombs when I read the name.

Obviously the title isn't as important as the game, but this one is making me excited for the next game's prospects. :D

TwinPistols
3rd Dec 2007, 10:10
... another implication for "Legend" is mythology.
Tomb Raider: Underworld resonates with mythology (if the name sticks).
Underworld just smacks of ancient greek and pre-greek (i.e. atlantean) legends.
The story will, no doubt, find Lara (with Scion knowledge) piecing together the clues that frustrated her father,
and (trilogy bonus) she'll get another revelation about her (undead) mother!
it would be really neat if there was an easter egg reference to the dagger of xian ...

then again, what do i know? she may end up battling the lone cylon gunslinger ... :cool:

this ain't gonna be your father's tomb raider! :)
That makes sense, rabid metro, and the game would be great with your topics.

There is any chance of TRUnderworld be released on PS2 and/or PSP or it will only be released on next generation consoles?

Pharaoh_rj
3rd Dec 2007, 12:31
I don't know.. I don't like this idea very much, so far

lara's_bro
3rd Dec 2007, 16:20
OMG is that the title of the new tomb raider game, i didn't know there was any new info.

William Croft
3rd Dec 2007, 16:22
I love the title its soo cool and so dark and probally good story line

NightRain'06
3rd Dec 2007, 17:18
I'm sorry to say that I hate the title. Why ? Well, now they're making it clear that they're copying titles.
I loved the Underworld films but to insert the actual word in TR just feels strange.

Now that I'm thinking about it, I'm surprised Legend wasn't called TRL: Lara Payne in reference to Max Payne games where players utilize Bullet Time (slow motion dodging) to shoot enemies. At first, I was shocked that she suddenly had that "special ability." Wasn't anyone else ?

So.... by the new title, does that mean she'll be facing vampires and werewolves too suddenly along some of the levels in the game ?? Give me a break. Like I said, I'm sorry but I hate it. But I'll become accustomed eventually since I have no choice.

Don't get upset by what I said. This was just my opinion. :)

Rai
3rd Dec 2007, 18:16
Is it at all possible this is a red herring? Although I don't mind the title, It could be Eidos are trying to keep the true title a secret for a while longer.

rabid metro
4th Dec 2007, 05:49
There is any chance of TRUnderworld be released on PS2 and/or PSP or it will only be released on next generation consoles?...

i'll have to track down the link but ...i read somewhere that Eidos really wants to commit fully to next-gen development but they've been disappointed with the sales of the PS3 and the bugs of the XBox360. its quite possible that TR:U will truly release in two versions. the next-gen version is sorely needed, however the current-gen version is still so economically compelling. here's some light reading to amuse you while i track down that link ...

technology article at news.com.au (november 7, 2007) (http://www.news.com.au/technology/story/0,25642,22718198-5014117,00.html)

Joshorty
4th Dec 2007, 05:57
Don't know why but I think of Resident Evil from hearing Underworld...anyway I'm kinda neutral on this new title though I know I'll eventually love it.

Gamer4Lyfe
4th Dec 2007, 12:04
I think of Kate Beckinsale when I hear "Underworld". As long as CD makes it a truly breathtaking title graphically, I'm all for it!

How about a screenshot CD!!!!!!???? :D :D :D

LisaB1962
4th Dec 2007, 16:48
I like it because it makes me think that Legend2 will have more mythical enemies than endless mercenaries.

Not the most imaginative title, but it may not be the final one either.

Tomb-Dude
4th Dec 2007, 17:41
I like it?

Dont ask me why but i do!

I just can't wait until a new threads get open saying Tombraider:Underworld becuase anniversay has all finished now we can't like say what we want to see anymore.
So yer i like it, can't wait to see the first screen shot imagin how good it will look... Will it look dark or bright? Will it been a high screan shot or the back of Lara again?
Legend Costume or Original? I hope like say like its a really hot place LAra where something short toped and her, short shorts :P
Cold Something nice and warm if it's normal probz legend costume... But oh well can't wait!!!!!!

m_gunselman
9th Sep 2008, 23:04
Any new voters on an OLD thread?

Tomb_Raiderx
9th Sep 2008, 23:15
I love it, I also loved the title Legend. So obviously I voted for it.

And obviously Underworld makes sense, and she's visiting Underworlds not just going underground...:lol:

And when I think of Underground, I think of those stupid Tony Hawk games or the Underground in London.

m_gunselman
9th Sep 2008, 23:34
Since this is such an old thread and was made before info about the story was out, I wonder what people think of the title now. Even the people who voted that they didn't like it at first.

lilhanhan
10th Sep 2008, 06:14
I'm not sure if I love the name to be honest; maybe it's because I've been all excited for the game, so I'm not too fussed about the name itself. :o

qwerty
10th Sep 2008, 06:47
i simply love the name and it makes so sence!!:D