PDA

View Full Version : Eidos registred TR Underworld domain name

KoenBelien
2nd Dec 2007, 15:21
Our friends of TRinc did some research for Tomb Raider Underworld and discovered that a Eidos registred the domain name www.tombraiderunderworld.com on the 3th of October this year.

"That fact that Crystal Dynamics is developing the Tomb Raider 8 game has already been known by many of us for a while. But over the last few days, rumour room has been leeking information about the Next Generation Tomb Raider game. Speculation hinted that Tomb Raider: Underworld would be the new name. So we did some research and discovered that the domainname tombraiderunderworld.com is already registered, and who by you ask? By Eidos themselves!"

Full article: click here (http://www.tombraiderinc.com/content/view/464/28)

Here can you read more information about the domain name: http://www.whois.net/whois_new.cgi?d=tombraiderunderworld&tld=com
You can see who registred it and when...

Phlip
2nd Dec 2007, 15:27
So the fact that 'Tomb Raider: Underworld' is going to be the next title for TR8 can be confirmed?

I've gotto say I truely hope it isn't 'Lara Croft: Tomb Raider: Un...'

Rai
3rd Dec 2007, 18:11
It's looking more and more likely isn't it. Looks like you may have to get used to it, Philp. But you're pretty easy going, so I reckon you don't mind too much. :)

NightRain'06
3rd Dec 2007, 18:22
<~ realizes it's time to become accustomed to the game title.

KoenBelien
4th Dec 2007, 12:59
So the fact that 'Tomb Raider: Underworld' is going to be the next title for TR8 can be confirmed?

I've gotto say I truely hope it isn't 'Lara Croft: Tomb Raider: Un...'
Maybe yes indeed.
But maybe is Underworld not the tittle of TR8, but maybe the 3th Tomb Raider movie, a Tomb Raider mobile game,...

William Croft
4th Dec 2007, 16:44
Omg.. So its not gonna be a sequel to legend.....?? Or will it .....someone please tell me thanks

KoenBelien
5th Dec 2007, 08:05
Omg.. So its not gonna be a sequel to legend.....?? Or will it .....someone please tell me thanks
Maybe... That's not comfirmed.

Towel
5th Dec 2007, 11:22

Thats UnConfirmed At the moment.
All we Know is www.tombraiderunderworld.com Has been Registered to Eidos.
Thats all we know.

Rai
5th Dec 2007, 11:32
As I said in the other thread on this title, it is entirely feasible that this name won't be used. It could be a red herring or it could be one of a few Eidos are considering.

As an example, I remember the fuss being made before the last Harry Potter book was released. At least two alternative titles were leaked as being registered as the title- both completely wrong.

Although I like the 'Underworld' title, I want Eidos to announce an official name before I believe what's being used.

Towel
5th Dec 2007, 11:36
As I said in the other thread on this title, it is entirely feasible that this name won't be used. It could be a red herring or it could be one of a few Eidos are considering.

As an example, I remember the fuss being made before the last Harry Potter book was released. At least two alternative titles were leaked as being registered as the title- both completely wrong.

Although I like the 'Underworld' title, I want Eidos to announce an official name before I believe what's being used.

Same Im saying its Possible.
Or as you said it could be made to fool us, or to keep us guessing.
But im 2.5% sure it could be the title

trjunepearl
25th Dec 2008, 21:09
WOW this is a REALLY REALLY REALLY old thread! sorry, i just felt like posting on here. :rolleyes: don't mind me. strange to think that when we all heard the rumour about TR8 having the name Tomb Raider Underworld, people actually thought that it wouldn't be the name.
But in truth, that is the name of the game, (and that was confirmed a VEEEERY LONG time ago. hehe :nut: ) and it is the best name for the best game!!!! :rasp:

Rexie
25th Dec 2008, 21:40
[puts on a fake mod hat]

Bumping ancient threads is against the rules. If the thread is dead, let it rest in peace.

[/takes off hat before anybody notices]

rg_001100
25th Dec 2008, 22:14
Bumping ancient threads is against the rules. If the thread is dead, let it rest in peace.

I don't think it's in the ToU (yet), but bumping threads is not a good idea.
What is the point in posting "this is old news" in a thread about 'new' info over a year ago? It makes no sense.