PDA

View Full Version : Where do you want to go in Deus Ex 3? (post your top three picks)

Pages : 1 [2]

Jimmy Rabbitte
30th Jul 2008, 05:19
Yeah I just remembered the "We do not welcome augmented people" sign from the trailer. I don't know how it'll be a sequel to IW though since all four endings are extremely different and uncompromisable.

How about good old South Africa :D
South Africa doesn't really have much political, economic, or cultural clout to be as internationally relevant as some of the previously featured locales. There's pretty much no way of saying that without sounding like an ass. :P

DXeXodus
30th Jul 2008, 05:28
South Africa doesn't really have much political, economic, or cultural clout to be as internationally relevant as some of the previously featured locales. There's pretty much no way of saying that without sounding like an ass. :P

I was being semi-sarcastic when I said that :)
But I would tend to disagree. South africa is full of political, economic and cultural issues that make for very interesting subject matter. Many issues with the police force and the special force units (Scorpians), it's relationship with Zimbabwe, recent Xenophobic uprisings, etc. It has been in games before (Soldier of Fortune is one of them). Many terrorists hail from our beautiful country and there has been some run-ins with regards to nuclear weapons manufacture by domestic individuals.

Not saying it should most definitely be in DX3, just saying it could be :p

lightbringerrr
30th Jul 2008, 05:35
I was being semi-sarcastic when I said that :)
But I would tend to disagree. South africa is full of political, economic and cultural issues that make for very interesting subject matter. Many issues with the police force and the special force units (Scorpians), it's relationship with Zimbabwe, recent Xenophobic uprisings, etc. It has been in games before (Soldier of Fortune is one of them). Many terrorists hail from our beautiful country and there has been some run-ins with regards to nuclear weapons manufacture by domestic individuals.

Not saying it should most definitely be in DX3, just saying it could be :p

It would be great for a modern-day 'Gears of War' type-thing.

Cr4sh
30th Jul 2008, 07:54
In my opinion the locations need to fit in the story line, so I'll just let Eidos surprise me. But Liberty Island would be really cool. Maybe if it's a prequel you're the one that blows her head off? XD

In the first DX I just thought "OMG, please not Area 51..." but I had to go there :mad2:

Alternative Ending
2nd Aug 2008, 19:09
If the game is a sequel, then I'd most like to see as a location...

1) the Lunar colony that was mentioned in Invisible War. It would be great to visit the Moon as a futuristic location for a change.

2) Russia - so you can see where the Omar were created.

3) London maybe?

And also I'd like to see them at UNATCO again, although it will probably have been redecorated as the Helios/Denton Aquinas base. But we just HAVE to see it again because Liberty Island is where it all started and where it must always come back to.

If the game is a prequel I'd like to see...

1) Roswell/Area 51 again because obviously the cloning vats are there and that's where all the creepy research happens, like making Grays.

2) Los Angeles, because it probably won't have been destroyed yet - in Deus Ex 1 at the Gas Station JC mentions to Sandra Renton that she's out near the RUINS of LA. How'd it get ruined? A big quake or something more Deux Ex consipratorial?

3) Cape Town maybe? Just for a change.

Also I'd like to see them on Liberty Island again because we can finally find out what kind of terrorist attack blows off the statue's head. Maybe you could even be the one that does it in some dystopic ending that leads to the seeds of Deux Ex 1's world. Plus like I already said - Liberty Island is some kind of nexus that keeps drawing back Deus Ex characters.

Jimmy Rabbitte
2nd Aug 2008, 19:24
Actually I changed my mind. They should implement some sort of wild goose chase for, say, half of the story. You have to chase down some character and it takes you to all sorts of places in the world like South Africa, Dubai, Azerbaijan, China (Not HK, the REAL China!), and maybe like.. greenland or the south pole or something.

Clucky
2nd Aug 2008, 20:56
2) Los Angeles, because it probably won't have been destroyed yet - in Deus Ex 1 at the Gas Station JC mentions to Sandra Renton that she's out near the RUINS of LA. How'd it get ruined? A big quake or something more Deux Ex consipratorial?

I believe in the Deus Ex bible it states that there is constant conflicts between various warring groups in the southern states. I believe Texas was going to be a level at one stage, in early development, and it was supposed to be somewhat of a wasteland. I would source this, but I'm too lazy to go through the pretty extensive document. But if you google it, and can find it on gamespot, I suggest you read it as it develops your understanding of the universe further, and provides context for the scope of the first game. :)

Absentia
2nd Aug 2008, 22:56
London would be awesome if they had good voice acting for it =P (The Lucky Money Club - oh GOD.)
I liked Dr. Nassif's voice from IW.

I guess this is rather biased considering I live there, but to me I'd me way more interested just to see how all the technological advancements fit in there, and the gloomy lower-classes.
And don't try and show English people as bubbly, well-spoken people or with terrible cockey accents.

I think crime would be a big aspect in London. As I'm sure a lot of British people here are probably aware, in the last year or two, London has started to turn into a bit of a crimezone due to poorly educated, ambitionless, knife/gun-welding teenagers. It'd be prety cool to see a gritty, dirty and unsafe rendition of the city for once. There definitely seems to be more dangerous things walking the streets of London than just businessmen and tourists.

timborg
3rd Aug 2008, 04:55
australia
salt lake city
scotland

lightbringerrr
3rd Aug 2008, 22:02
australia
salt lake city
scotland

salt lake city

To quote Lord Vader:

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"!

Well ok, maybe. But ONLY if I get to destroy the '2-Steps Removed From Scientology'-contingent ONCE AND FOR ALL.

I am NOT joking.

jcp28
4th Aug 2008, 00:18
salt lake city

To quote Lord Vader:

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"!

Well ok, maybe. But ONLY if I get to destroy the '2-Steps Removed From Scientology'-contingent ONCE AND FOR ALL.

I am NOT joking.

That was out of the blue. Where would you go in Salt Lake City, the main Mormon temple? It's not exactly a big city.

lightbringerrr
4th Aug 2008, 00:24
That was out of the blue. Where would you go in Salt Lake City, the main Mormon temple? It's not exactly a big city.

That's good; it will help me get to my mission objective MUCH quicker.

timborg
4th Aug 2008, 04:40

yeah but there is a major neaclear power plant and and paricale exalerator and and thye try to devlop cold fossion there

lightbringerrr
4th Aug 2008, 05:14
yeah but there is a major neaclear power plant and and paricale exalerator and and thye try to devlop cold fossion there

And who, pray tell, runs this little show?

urban_queen41
4th Aug 2008, 06:41
Australia could be cool- maybe a reunion with the Lucky Money girls? =P

Seriously, though, Australia could be interesting.

lightbringerrr
4th Aug 2008, 06:53
Australia could be cool- maybe a reunion with the Lucky Money girls? =P

Seriously, though, Australia could be interesting.

NOW YOU'RE TALKING!

My Kingdom to watch our new character say "Suuure" every time he buys those skeezers a drink! LOLOLOLOL!!!!!

urban_queen41
4th Aug 2008, 07:10
NOW YOU'RE TALKING!

My Kingdom to watch our new character say "Suuure" every time he buys those skeezers a drink! LOLOLOLOL!!!!!

Haha! Those Lucky Money girls made me laugh so much- especially the terrible Aussie accents- 'Thayanks fer letting may eeen' xD

The devs must have had so much fun making that scene. Girl: Bet you've got some moves I haven't seen before. JC: There's only one way to find out...

lightbringerrr
4th Aug 2008, 08:11
Haha! Those Lucky Money girls made me laugh so much- especially the terrible Aussie accents- 'Thayanks fer letting may eeen' xD

The devs must have had so much fun making that scene. Girl: Bet you've got some moves I haven't seen before. JC: There's only one way to find out...

I'm sure you're aware of the phrase "happy accidents"( and also the name of the last good Doughboys record ).
That's what makes DX1 so much fun! You KNOW that the whole interplay between JC and the girls was pretty much Afterthought At It's Greatest. There's a certain level of "Hey, we're just trying to make a great game here" that exists in DX1; they were not afraid to step out and infuse a bit of their own personalities in to the environment they were creating.
Obviously, following it up in IW killed a lot of that spontaneous creativity due to the personal/financial pressure that the team allowed themselves to be swayed by.

timborg
4th Aug 2008, 08:39
And who, pray tell, runs this little show?

the sceincfic community and the american gov

J.CDenton
4th Aug 2008, 09:03
I'd say:
-Paris
-Berlin
-Tokyo
-A Gaz Station
-Abandonned City
-Underground labs
-A university full of hackers (just immagine the one from the Big U by Neil Stephenson)
-A subway station

Demiurge
5th Aug 2008, 15:33
Dubai- The potential is huge; Massive buildings, Futuristic atmosphere, Plenty of different adversary choices, plenty of money.

London- Possible due to the relationship between US/UK would give our protagonist reason to visit. Chance to see the London eye? Erm, shoot pigeons in Trafalgar Square? Walk around the dodgy end of Soho?

Moscow- Possibly the most needed one of all. Russia is currently gaining huge amounts of power and it would be interesting to see how this manifests 40 or so years on, plus it would give you the chance to fight the elite 'Alfa' unit. Would give us a chance for a reunion with out favorite sailors :D . It would also provide us with an inexhaustible source for DX-themed Russian Reversal Jokes. Plus there would be Vodka.

DXeXodus
6th Aug 2008, 03:56
I have to agree with Moscow. It is a very complex country full of material to inspire a Deus Ex game.

And, when there is Vodka, there is drink spilling

Demiurge
6th Aug 2008, 09:02
IN POST-SOVIET RUSSIA, DRINK SPILLS YOU!:p

teknikal-vision
6th Aug 2008, 16:24
2. Australia - Where groups of survivalists have camped and trained for so long, waiting for the rest of the world to destroy itself, that some of them have even begun taking a more active role in the process.

Australia is a place that definitely needs to be exploited as a location.

Has anyone here heard of Pine Gap?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pine_Gap
http://www.fas.org/irp/facility/pine_gap.htm

Located 20kms from Alice Springs, it's apparently part of (SIGNIT) a collection and analysis network operated on behalf of the five signatory states to the UK-USA Security Agreement (Australia, Canada, New Zealand, the United Kingdom, and the United States, known as AUSCANZUKUS).

It is believed to be home to one of the largest ECHELON ground stations - that's right the REAL Echelon! :D Echelon is basically a surveillance system used to intercept communications and satellite signals.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ECHELON

It also apparently is run by the CIA.

Creepy eh? Deus Ex enough for ya?

Reminds me of Vandenburg and Area 51.

Them photos do make me think it'd be a great isolated location in a game like Deus Ex; imagine the possibilities of what's below the surface? It's a great place to explore in fiction! Let the speculations and conspiracy theories begin!

For example...allow me to make up some random ideas...

Most people haven't heard of Pine Gap, and Australia doesn't ever seem to be the most well-equipped or sinister country. But what if it isn't? I mean, Australia appears so tame and non-hostile to the rest of the world that it's the perfect cover for sinister plots for world domination and the likes! LOL Australia seems so technologically lacking too, [our broadband and internet is so crappy here it's unbelievable!] so it'd be an interesting notion if the public Australian image projected towards the rest of the world has been maintained this way in order to hide insane amounts of technological advancements and research in conjunction with powers like the USA.

The perfect cover. It's always the ones you'd least expect... LOL

Oh and imagine some isolated pub or abandoned cattle station in the middle of the Australian desert, used in a similar way to the Gas Station hostage rescue of Tiffany in the first Deus Ex!

But then again, Australia is not all deserts. Melbourne -my home city- is a great looking place. You think Sydney looks good? You ought to see Melbourne.

I'd like to see an Australian city in a game, just to show to the rest of the world we're not all pubs, kangaroos and bushland!

DarkStorm
7th Aug 2008, 04:53
Nice thread. A poll for this would be nice.

My 3 choices, right off the top of my head:

Vatican City.
Sydney.
Moscow.

O-Lee
7th Aug 2008, 05:36
Actually I would like to go to every city in the world in Deus Ex 3 ^^ so the game would never end. why not make it an online RPG?

Someone said Washington D.C I also think this would b a good idea. I thought there were plans for the first game to go go the white house, or was it another game?

Another town I would like to see is Zurich (Switzerland). Maybe in some part of the story there could b a connection between the Knights Templar, Illuminati and a Swiss Bank. ^^ (And it would b cool to see my hometown in the game :D )

Another new town I would like to see in the game is Prague (Czech Republic). Just because it's beautiful and it could b connected with some historical part of the game.

I wouldn't mind going back to Hong Kong, Paris and of course the Statue of Liberty. That's where this great game series started after all. :cool:

René
7th Aug 2008, 18:08

This is spooky stuff! I like looking into things that are right under our noses but we take for granted. Like, you just get used to something being there and don't really question it.

nkepke
8th Aug 2008, 19:43
1. London, and yes effected by climate changed would be AWSOME!

2. Some far away wide-spread terrain with a village. Maybe in Siberia, North-America or Himalaya.

3. Rome

4. Maybe... Dubai?

Romeo
8th Aug 2008, 21:27
Very classy picks, nice.

timborg
12th Aug 2008, 20:29
i have to agree with teknikal vision with it should be in Melbourne because it is better than sydney in every way and the people you will plat deus ex:3 if the location was sydney they might get confused and they might think they were in hong kong. any one in nsw or around the syndey area will get that ;) and i mean no offence to anyone.

Romeo
13th Aug 2008, 04:20
I AM SO OFFENDED.

I wouldn't mind going to the moon as well, to the Illumnati's sanctuary that was mentioned at one point. It'd be cool to see Earth off in the distance, a la Mass Effect.

gamer0004
13th Aug 2008, 04:35
Oh, BTW, NASA is after all planning on building a moonbase... They had the idea in the seventies but then it got aborted. But now they want to try it anyway. Another DX reality come true.

Romeo
13th Aug 2008, 04:39
I'm a wee bit skeptical. I expect I'll be dead by the time it's constructed. But it's cool that they're thinking of doing it again. =P

gamer0004
13th Aug 2008, 04:40
I think they planned it for 2020. So unless you'll be dead in about 15 years... :P

Vadim Verenich
13th Aug 2008, 20:39
It will be nice to pay an hommage to developpers' own country? I think Niagara Falls would be a neat place to star with.

Romeo
14th Aug 2008, 04:36
I think they planned it for 2020. So unless you'll be dead in about 15 years... :P
You've obviously never seen my driving.

It will be nice to pay an hommage to developpers' own country? I think Niagara Falls would be a neat place to star with.
...Or Montreal... lol

K^2
14th Aug 2008, 07:02
Lunar base, for sure. Needs to have 1/6th gravity, etc.

Also some big city. Don't care which one, as long as you really feel the size. So far, the limited size of maps prevented that from coming entirely true.

Demiurge
14th Aug 2008, 07:44
Moonbase eh? Wasn't that left out of the original DX and switched instead for Area-51? Oh well this will be interesting to see.

"Welcome to my Moon Base Mr Denton, I plan to fire a "LASER BEAM" at earth, and there's nothing you con do to stop me (maniacal laughter)":p

Helios_Denton66
14th Aug 2008, 08:00
Deus Ex 1 was one one of my favorite games.

I really think liberty island would be good. Maybe Manhatten underground would be a good Idea as a secret area. I also think to Germany...;) ;) Oh, and Somewhere in japan would be a good Idea.

jcp28
14th Aug 2008, 15:25
Moonbase eh? Wasn't that left out of the original DX and switched instead for Area-51?

Area 51 was always going to be a part of DX. They only took the Moonbase out along with Texas because those levels couldn't be developed properly within the development cycle Eidos had.

LatwPIAT
14th Aug 2008, 18:03
Personally, I'd like a huge 2001-esque space station, (Insane AI optional.) Where gravity is present because of rotation, so it will be possible to walk completely around the space station, even if this is done by linking several maps in a chain.

In addition, think of the possibilities. You have to get to the Very Important Object (let's say a cryonically frozen body whose DNA is used as a key) and one corridor has an airlock accidentally open, so you must close the airlock via hacking or electronics or fighting you way to a button or whatever, allowing you to go further.

I'd also like to visit someplace in Russia, especially Moscow, allowing for conspiracies spanning from the cold war, walking beneath the Red Square, et al.

Romeo
15th Aug 2008, 01:22
St. Petersburg.

Moon Base is a definately in my books though. =P

B0b_P@ge
15th Aug 2008, 02:28
I AM SO OFFENDED.

I wouldn't mind going to the moon as well, to the Illumnati's sanctuary that was mentioned at one point. It'd be cool to see Earth off in the distance, a la Mass Effect.

Sweet! I agree totally and have been advocating this for so long... check out my discussion on this topic here: Outer-Space Levels (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=74809)

Romeo
15th Aug 2008, 05:26
I feel compelled to check out your other thread...

But on topic, anyone else notice that Russia and space have been mentioned by nearly everyone in this thread?

gamer0004
15th Aug 2008, 07:53
Yes, but not everyone mentioned space in a positive way...

El_Bel
15th Aug 2008, 13:43
Russia(anywhere as long as the map has interesting characters to interact. From a small vilage with old man talking about how they served in the X war, to the night life of Moscow with whores, drugs, gun traders, secret police and everything else imaginable)
Swiss: Head of the banking system. Country of money laundering. Also banks are very close related to knights Templar, the Illuminati and numerous other conspiracies. What i dont understand is why they have problems with the jews lately. I could come up with a conspiracy about that but here we have some strong Jewish lob.. i mean strong anti racism laws and i could end up in jail for mentioning that they are behind something bad :p

Demiurge
16th Aug 2008, 18:45
Thanks JCP, good to know. Methinks we need a more definitive poll on the places we have a general agreement on. Hmmm, I have an Idea.

TrickyVein
19th Aug 2008, 11:43
Daytime levels anyone? Cairo almost broke new ground being set at dawn. I know it's not apart of the theme to be playing at daytime - it would be new.

What about a dynamic skybox like the ones in the Jak series for ps2? Being able to watch the sun rise or the moon trek across the sky as missions progress in one location?

And what about rain, snow, or excessive amounts of greasy smoke, a la Blade Runner? ATMOSPHERE people!!!

Demiurge
19th Aug 2008, 12:08
For games of recent years, STALKER is the reigning atmosphere champion. This is because the entire game was made by Russians and Ukrainians and was set in their own region, the citizens know their country best. Can't wait for Clear Sky.

DXeXodus
19th Aug 2008, 12:36
For games of recent years, STALKER is the reigning atmosphere champion. This is because the entire game was made by Russians and Ukrainians and was set in their own region, the citizens know their country best. Can't wait for Clear Sky.

I could not agree with you more. S.T.A.L.K.E.R. is an awesome game. Pity that the Clear Sky release has just been delayed by a week.

Demiurge
19th Aug 2008, 14:42
I could not agree with you more. S.T.A.L.K.E.R. is an awesome game. Pity that the Clear Sky release has just been delayed by a week.

Really? WHY??? AFTER THE ORIGINAL WAS DELAYED FOR SO DAMN LONG!:mad2:

xiaokiraa
19th Aug 2008, 15:13
1. Rhyl (Wales)
2. Gaza
3. Zimbabwe

DXeXodus
20th Aug 2008, 03:52
Really? WHY??? AFTER THE ORIGINAL WAS DELAYED FOR SO DAMN LONG!:mad2:

I said it was a pity, not a tragedy :)

1. Rhyl (Wales)
2. Gaza
3. Zimbabwe

Those are some refreshing ideas

xiaokiraa
20th Aug 2008, 14:01
Those are some refreshing ideas

I am looking at a post apocalyptic view of Deus Ex 3 and those locations :D

René
20th Aug 2008, 15:31
Hasbro has announced the cities that will be on their “World edition”. http://purplepawn.com/2008/08/20/monopoly-world-edition-city-preview/

http://jergames.files.wordpress.com/2008/08/world_edition_cities.jpg?w=315&h=600

Demiurge
20th Aug 2008, 19:00
DXeXodus, I know that was a bit of an overreaction, but I hate delays, especially when I have been expecting them. "I am a patient man. But not That patient".

True, Gaza is a pretty post apocalyptic place. If we go to Zimbabwe the Inflation would be so high we would be looking at some pretty high figures for weapons in Zimbabwean currency. It's unofficially at 8million% atm!:eek: And as for Wales... well we are old enemies.

Jerusalem on the other hand would be a good setting for Deus Ex 3, the Holy city for 2 Major religions (Christianity and Judaism) and the City containing Islam's 3rd holiest site. In a few years, who knows what will happen there.

ewanlaing
20th Aug 2008, 23:09
Key areas for me are

Russia: Home of the Omar, so should be a cool place to visit wether the game is a prequel OR a sequel.

London: Cause it's just an important city, and It's also not too futuristic, so it would provide an interesting look.

Tokyo: Cause it's ALREADY futeristic and would provide good contrast to my previous idea.

CJRamze
21st Aug 2008, 00:20
Jerusalem
London
Tokyo

Dubai (Think of the towering landscape)

Keep it real though, Don't go too futuristic.
The thing that always kept me stuck to the screen is that liberty island and hells kitchen LOOKED like the places DX2's locations were small crappy and undetailed.

Azrepheal
22nd Sep 2008, 22:58
I said London before, and while at the time I meant 'normal, ground level' London... 'global-warming-affected' London would be a pretty awesome idea. Completely flooded, civilians essentially squatting in any skyscrapers that reach higher than the water, with unsteady walkways fashioned between them.

And on that note, why not a SUNKEN liberty island? I know a lot of people are against going back (MJ12 base - at least theres a reason to want to go back!) but I think it would be a rather iconic moment - taking a boat out and approaching the Statue's neck, just above the water line :D

K^2
22nd Sep 2008, 23:08
And on that note, why not a SUNKEN liberty island? I know a lot of people are against going back (MJ12 base - at least theres a reason to want to go back!) but I think it would be a rather iconic moment - taking a boat out and approaching the Statue's neck, just above the water line :D
I don't see how. Place isn't sunken pre-IW and there is no Statue of Liberty in the post-IW DX world.

TR Underworld will have underwater areas, though. I wonder if Montreal team will want to utilize Crystal Dynamics' underwater capabilities for DX3 as well.

imported_van_HellSing
22nd Sep 2008, 23:09
That's impossible, since it's a prequel :rasp:

Instead, how about letting us witness the attack on the statue? :cool:

Azrepheal
22nd Sep 2008, 23:22
I don't see how. Place isn't sunken pre-IW and there is no Statue of Liberty in the post-IW DX world.

Damn I forgot about that. Well... maybe... it sunk, and then they rose it in time for DW:IW with giant balloons.... ah nevermind.

El_Bel
23rd Sep 2008, 02:16
In a few years, who knows what will happen there.

Αcording to DX bible, after a pan-Arabic invasion, Israel state exists no more(a happy ending for Palestinians. They will not get killed every day. But then again by then they might be all dead anyway. :whistle: )

I second Jerusalem!!

K^2
23rd Sep 2008, 05:07
Instead, how about letting us witness the attack on the statue? :cool:
Just witness?

Mr Wally
23rd Sep 2008, 05:24
I don't know if anybody's suggested this, but I think it would be pretty cool to go to some of the cities mentioned in-game as emerging power centers. (Lagos, Nigeria, springs to mind.) Maybe Istanbul also? Lots of history, big and crowded, near a major fault line and an important strategic area. You could have fun with it.

Lo Bruto
23rd Sep 2008, 05:44
Hong Kong.

Lazarus Ledd
23rd Sep 2008, 10:24
Split
Prague
Versailles

ThatDeadDude
23rd Sep 2008, 10:34
A lot of people are suggesting European-type cities, but I'm not too keen on those myself. My favourite parts in the original were crawling around in the dirt in Hell's Kitchen and Hong-Kong, with lots of hidden places in amongst the skyscrapers. European cities are too clean and clinical for my liking - even the ancient ones! ;)

jordan_a
23rd Sep 2008, 10:52
European cities are too clean and clinical for my liking - even the ancient ones! ;)Oh you have no idea. :D

imported_van_HellSing
23rd Sep 2008, 10:55
You've got to be kidding. Or you only ever saw the representative parts of European cities. There's a lot of dirt, trash and seedy districts.

3nails4you
23rd Sep 2008, 15:57
I picks:

1. Space station!!! Or at least a Mars colony...
2. NYC (not like Hell's Kitchen, but basically Manhattan in general)
3. Berlin

Romeo
23rd Sep 2008, 17:07
You've got to be kidding. Or you only ever saw the representative parts of European cities. There's a lot of dirt, trash and seedy districts.
Yeah, I remember looking for Trafalger Square, I someone ended up in the red light district with some addict. And my shirt was missing... Anyways, long story short, I don't mind Europeen cities as long as they're unique from eachother.

I picks:

1. Space station!!! Or at least a Mars colony...
2. NYC (not like Hell's Kitchen, but basically Manhattan in general
3. Berlin
Oh god, you're really kicked the hornet's nest now. lol

gamer0004
23rd Sep 2008, 17:23
Yeah, I remember looking for Trafalger Square, I someone ended up in the red light district with some addict. And my shirt was missing... Anyways, long story short, I don't mind Europeen cities as long as they're unique from eachother.

Oh god, you're really kicked the hornet's nest now. lol

A Mars colony isn't that unrealistic... Besides I believe there was supposed to be one in the DX 'reality'.

Romeo
23rd Sep 2008, 17:24
There is, and it's not, but last time this topic was brought up, in split the community for awhile so everyone could attack eachother. lol

dxfan94
24th Sep 2008, 01:35
The original Deus Ex had great locations: the statue of Liberty, New York City, Hong Kong, Paris, Area 51/Naval Base/Bunker ... Then in DX:IW there were Seattle, Cairo, Trier (what the hell?) and Antarctica (followed by the Statue of Liberty again to make 5)... not quite as cool and the maps were all pretty small. I really hope that we have some big cities for this one!

My top three picks:
1. Washington DC
The original Deus Ex had a great political edge to it which made the plot more relevant and interesting; from the analysis of the trailer images it has been suggested that this game might be going back to an era in the DX universe even closer to now than the first game was. Besides being the perfect city for a politically charged storyline, DC is one of the most recognizable cities in the world. It would look great in trailers, would start the game on a really high note if it began on the Mall near the Washington Monument and the Capitol (maybe if there were demonstrations there for/against the Biopolitic Act?), and it would be really fun to run around the capitol in the game!

2. Tokyo, Japan
This one is a no-brainer. Invisible War didn't seem like it was as global a game as the first Deus Ex; they completely forgot Asia! Hong Kong was one of the best locations in Deus Ex. I think game developers tend to avoid using Tokyo because it seems too huge, but all you would need are a couple metro stops: Hachiko crossing in Shibuya, Akihabara, maybe Yoyogi Park? Maybe you could take a bullet train across the countryside? I have to think that pretty much all DX nerds would love to go to Tokyo. One of the best locations I can imagine for DX3!

3. Rome, Italy
When you think of great European cities this has to be right at the top of the list! Recognizable architecture and an epic sense of history, which would fit in well with all of the Leonardo Da Vinci stuff. Rome would be the perfect place to go to find out more about the Illuminati and historical secret societies. Another great possibility for the European city would be Venice - I remember really enjoying the canal section of Hong Kong in DX (even after beating the game several times I was still finding new stuff down there) and it would provide a totally different feel.

Where do you want to go in the next Deus Ex game?

I liked the DX maps but you got lost way to easily. The maps in Iw were ok and very balievable. Id like to go back to Seattle and search the city. Maybe the black gate agian. Uhh lets see russia too.

Romeo
24th Sep 2008, 04:40
What about the Peace Arch (a monument very close to Seattle, marks the border between the US and Canada), it would be an ironic place for a gunfight, no?

jordan_a
24th Sep 2008, 09:57
I liked the DX maps but you got lost way to easily. The maps in Iw were ok and very balievable:scratch:

ThatDeadDude
24th Sep 2008, 16:51

Haha, sort of kidding - though I haven't been to mainland Europe I have lived in one of the dodgier parts of London... What I was trying to emphasise is that there's a certain feel to what I know about European cities, that doesn't mesh so well with my views of the better environments for DX. I guess it's the smaller number of mangy skyscrapers (other than council housing and so on).

El_Bel
24th Sep 2008, 20:37
I liked the DX maps but you got lost way to easily. The maps in Iw were ok and very balievable. Id like to go back to Seattle and search the city. Maybe the black gate agian. Uhh lets see russia too.

Oh a nice little troll.. How cute!!!

K^2
25th Sep 2008, 06:42
I got lost on one of the maps in DX too. Then I remembered to turn my monitor on.

DXeXodus
25th Sep 2008, 07:00
Deus Ex 1's maps were far from overly complicated. They allowed for a little something called freedom and exploration. Maps come with most of the levels too, which make things easier.

Romeo
26th Sep 2008, 05:13
Woah people. I don't know if you're aware of this, but we have this fangled thing called the freedom of speech. You don't need to bash the poor guy for his opinion. You can disagree, but don't go after the guy.

DXeXodus
26th Sep 2008, 05:45
Was it not you that said "this is not a democracy!" ? :D

Romeo
26th Sep 2008, 05:52
SILENCE PEASENT, THIS IS NOT A DEMOCRACY!

And fine, if it's not, I side with the underdog and everyone has to shut up or feel my wrath. I still win. lol

minus0ne
26th Sep 2008, 05:56
Woah people. I don't know if you're aware of this, but we have this fangled thing called the freedom of speech. You don't need to bash the poor guy for his opinion. You can disagree, but don't go after the guy.
Please, point me to the paragraph in the International Internet Constitution where it says we can't hunt down trolls and flamebaiters and bur.... errr I mean, tar and feather them? :D

Oh wait there's no such thing, FREE FOR ALL!

Hey, if US soldiers never even heard of the Geneva conventions (they don't even know it's illegal to shoot a wounded person), I get to break some troll balls, at least, no? :p

3nails4you
27th Sep 2008, 01:41
I just think it fits along with the gameplay and such (especially from the first game) if you have to go around the entire station to avoid one breach only to find a way to seal the breach on the other side of it. The first game was always like that (love it). There's a camera/turret I MUST get by, and right on the other side of it is the panel to deactivate it. lol

dxfan94
27th Sep 2008, 03:52

Thank you since evryone here seems to hate my opinion. I stick to this.

Deus Ex 1's maps were far from overly complicated. They allowed for a little something called freedom and exploration. Maps come with most of the levels too, which make things easier.

Ok true but in the level where you kill Herman around the church i spent like 1/2 an hour running in circles. I had to look online for help

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rule #6: Treat members and their opinions with respect.

The Eidos Forums are a place to discuss things in a friendly manner. This does not mean that everyone always has to agree on certain subjects. Natural difference of opinion can lead to quality debates and conversations; however these topics and debates get out of hand when people do not respect different opinions.

All members and reference to social groups should be treated with respect. Although this is similar to rule #5, this also extends to pushing your own personal beliefs on other people. Not everyone believes the same thing, and as long as you respect other people's opinions, you should be fine.

Romeo
27th Sep 2008, 05:54
Chill a wee bit boy-o, it's all over now, no need to keep going. We'll all move on. =)

gamer0004
27th Sep 2008, 08:32
Ok true but in the level where you kill Herman around the church i spent like 1/2 an hour running in circles. I had to look online for help

Yeah I remember that... Had a bit of the same problem. I had jmped off the bridge (I was at that time quite frightend of MJ12 commandos :rasp: ) but ended up somewhere and I had no idea where. Lockpicked a door to get inside as fast as I could (bots were patrolling there). Then just continued. Eventually I find my way. But not until my thrid or fourth runthrough I knew exactly where to go :D . But I kinda liked that. I hate elaborate cave systems and the like in games, having no idea where to go and getting lost. But I never had that problem in DX. Even the Cathedral was (but only just) okay in terms of complexity.

dxfan94
27th Sep 2008, 13:46
It just seemed to me that Dx had a bit too complex maps. The one where your in a subway tunnel and you go underground you kill the Fema guy. WOW that took me a while to navigate. And yes Im semi sorry for my rant but you people hopefully can understand my frusteration

3nails4you
27th Sep 2008, 16:13
It just seemed to me that Dx had a bit too complex maps. The one where your in a subway tunnel and you go underground you kill the Fema guy. WOW that took me a while to navigate. And yes Im semi sorry for my rant but you people hopefully can understand my frusteration

You mean the submarine base / top secret lab?

dxfan94
28th Sep 2008, 12:54
that one yes but ugh i forget. when your in the subway and you go even deeper. its like an NSf hide out

3nails4you
28th Sep 2008, 13:49
that one yes but ugh i forget. when your in the subway and you go even deeper. its like an NSf hide out

The mole people then...no FEMA people down there, at least I hope...

Big Orange
6th Oct 2008, 16:42
The location of Shanghai seems very interesting and promising, with a wealthy upper city built on stilts above a poorer lower city. The city for the elite would feel very clean and safe, but also sterile and lacking in personality in most ways. The lower city would have more of a history and character, although it would feel dangerous and have grinding poverty. You should see that being repeated in most urban areas.

teknikal-vision
7th Oct 2008, 03:05
The location of Shanghai...The lower city would have more of a history and character...

And not to mention the fact that Shanghai was colonised by the British, American and French up until WWII (I think) and so it's got heaps of London-eqsue and Western architechture.

(was watching Spielberg's Empire of the Sun when I remembered this :D)

DXeXodus
7th Oct 2008, 04:06
Another possible location that I think jordan_a spotted (correct me if I'm wrong) is Detroit. In one of the scans of the Policeman, we can see it on his arm badge. I don't live in America so I wouldn't know, but what is there in Detroit that is Deus Exy? (For lack of a better word)

general kane
7th Oct 2008, 23:52
1-dubai : dubai is famous city in the middle east and it is very modern like , besides much more company attention has ben rising it may be in the future the next world financial capital , and also the release of the new TR game :D .

2-warzones: a war zone might help the combat system in the game .

3-scotland : scotland .

Abram730
8th Oct 2008, 17:18
EU: France or Germany

Asia: Japan or china
perhaps http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtO2CM3OLCI

Middle East, Dubai or Abu Dhabi
perhapse their planned vertical city(1.5 miles tall)
http://www.pushpullbar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9274

DXeXodus
8th Oct 2008, 17:28
[QUOTE=Abram730;853871]
QUOTE]

Not sure about those seeing as they are already using Shanghai....

Abram730
8th Oct 2008, 17:38
An intercontinental train hub using reduced to zero air presure in the tubes to gain higher speeds.

There would be no speed limit without air resistance if pressure was lowered to zero. You could travel so fast that you'd age slower.

imported_van_HellSing
8th Oct 2008, 17:46

Which, coincidentally, is in China :p

ThatDeadDude
8th Oct 2008, 18:03
I personally tend to disagree with the mentions of places such as Dubai. Admittedly, I've never been there, but it seems to me to not really by claustrophobic enough for a Deus Ex game... there's too much space between the buildings...

Abram730
9th Oct 2008, 04:12
I personally tend to disagree with the mentions of places such as Dubai. Admittedly, I've never been there, but it seems to me to not really by claustrophobic enough for a Deus Ex game... there's too much space between the buildings...

It really depends on the story and what type of locations that are being looked for. But not really being claustrophobic enough? Take another look.

I figured a middle east location would be looked at.. so I offered one that would have many buildings and interesting features. Dubai is investing heavy in infrastructure. It's their goal to be the trading center of the world, to rival Singapore and Hong Kong as a business hub, and surpass Las Vegas as a leisure capital all in one place.. "Dubai is the fastest growing city in the world, one-third of the cranes in the world are currently being used to build in Dubai."

This game does take place in the future.

satalite images 1973, 1990, 2006
http://earthobservatory.nasa.gov/Newsroom/NewImages/Images/dubai_l7_2006284.jpg

a few note worthy projects.

largest waterfront development in the world.
300 artificially created islands in the shape of the world.
The worlds tallest hotel. Considered the only '7 star' hotel.
Hydropolis, the world's first underwater hotel.
the largest amusement park collection in the world
The Dubai Mall will be the largest shopping mall in the world
the largest indoor skiing facility in the world.
The largest bridge in the world.

http://www.dubai-architecture.info/DUB-GAL1.htm

Dubai IS building a space port just in case you didn't believe that link..
http://www.space.com/businesstechnology/060222_techwed_spaceadventures.html

Dubai 'shape-shifting skyscraper' unveiled(video)
http://edition.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/meast/06/25/duibai.tower/index.html#cnnSTCVideo

bridge
http://www.designbookmag.com/article/viewhtml/crossing-dubai

Rich people and global corporation are moving there also because there is zero tax.

Now the other reason I mentioned it was that the construction is new and will have CAD blueprints. Dubai is interested in being thee biggest tourist designation in the world and I'm sure they would love the city showcased in a game. So with a pitch, Eidos could get CAD's and or possibly investment.

I'm just tossing it out there.

Abram730
9th Oct 2008, 04:13
[QUOTE=Abram730;853871]
QUOTE]

I didn't know about that location being chosen.

DXeXodus
9th Oct 2008, 04:24
Which, coincidentally, is in China :p

I am aware of that. I just wanted to point out to him that a specific location had been chosen in the category he had made. :)

Big Orange
10th Oct 2008, 16:13
Dubai is a potentially interesting place, although it would likely take place within several big compounds or skyscrapers, since the city as a whole doesn't seem terribly interesting.

A more interesting location is a very shabby London, with giant flood barriers, the once pleasant suburbs turned into decaying shanty towns, a derelict London Underground, South London a warzone, and the elite barricading themselves within the West End of London, like they did in Children of Men.

Abram730
16th Oct 2008, 21:19
Dubai is a potentially interesting place, although it would likely take place within several big compounds or skyscrapers, since the city as a whole doesn't seem terribly interesting.

A more interesting location is a very shabby London, with giant flood barriers, the once pleasant suburbs turned into decaying shanty towns, a derelict London Underground, South London a warzone, and the elite barricading themselves within the West End of London, like they did in Children of Men.

Speaking about facilities.. perhaps a facility or small research city in Iceland and linked to Russia. a short map to find the location of a research facility in Russia.

I say that because Russia became quite starved for creativity. My instincts tell me they were looking for a place to help them advance. Iceland just had an economic collapse and Russia stepped in. Perhaps Iceland will end up working with Russia in research/technology and such. Speculation on my part but it makes sense. Perhaps the early stages of Omar in 2027.

Tracer Tong
16th Oct 2008, 22:00
Bermuda Triangle... Some conspiracies of an "area 52", anyone?

gamer0004
17th Oct 2008, 09:33
I am aware of that. I just wanted to point out to him that a specific location had been chosen in the category he had made. :)

And then (apparently the devs loved IW and probably never even played DX1) decided to come up with yet another lame "above is rich, below is poor" concept.

Don't take me too serious, but this game really shouldn't have been called "Deus Ex". I know I'm going to enjoy the game in itself immensely, but it's not anything that should come near to being called DX.

JakePeriphery
17th Oct 2008, 13:00
1) Tokyo, Japan

2) New York City, New York

3) Washington D.C.

AsukaoYl
17th Oct 2008, 16:02
New York - Streets
Italy - Rome

A random location, like the gas station in California from Deus Ex 1. Something that will just make you go damn this game is deep!

Frog
17th Oct 2008, 20:22
1. Los Angeles
2. Tokyo
3. Hong Kong

piippo
18th Oct 2008, 00:23
United States/North America, Europe, Asia. It's not so important as what the actual places are, but more on that we get to see different places.

IwantedOrange
19th Oct 2008, 19:08
I would quite like Liberty Island to feature in DX3.

Yes. Just can't imagine a (real) Deus Ex without the State of Liberty. This Location should be included as well as the deep underground Levels and Laboratories. It would be like a cold, nostalgic infusion for the heart of real deus ex fans :-)

I personally don't like old-fashioned Cities with Rennaissance architecture in such a futuristic world like deus ex. They're like two conflictive colours in an outfit.

GmanPro
27th Oct 2008, 16:50
I don't think that the middle east is a good idea. At first I thought of Dubai just because it has been growing at an incredible rate. But even so, its just not cyber-punk enough to be in a Deus Ex game. :thumbsup:

cudlla
27th Oct 2008, 22:10
1. I would like to see cyber punk Prague.
It is very historical city, I wonder how it could look like in CP style. Old castles and holographs (I'm not sure about this word, laser comercials, and so on). In realy big scale.

2. Night City (who read Neuromancer knows). A city filled with black market, human trash and drugs. Perfect place for business.

3. Dubai. Hi-Tech, clean city with skyscrapers and beatuful enviroment.

I hope that cities in Deus Ex 3 will be realy giantic, so you will have to use map some times.:D

spm1138
27th Oct 2008, 22:23
Istanbul.

Tstorm
27th Oct 2008, 23:15
Not to be arsey but I really dont care WHAT the locations are as long as they are BIG and EXPLORABLE.
Even the tiniest hint of those minature shoe box levels from IW will have me on a plane to Canada....

Agreed, the explorability is what made me come back to DX after I was 4 and played the game. The next time I played it I was 13 because I couldn't forget how good it was. All the secret areas and places like Hong Kong. StormFront is correct.

Tstorm
27th Oct 2008, 23:18
Yes. Just can't imagine a (real) Deus Ex without the State of Liberty. This Location should be included as well as the deep underground Levels and Laboratories. It would be like a cold, nostalgic infusion for the heart of real deus ex fans :-)

I personally don't like old-fashioned Cities with Rennaissance architecture in such a futuristic world like deus ex. They're like two conflictive colours in an outfit.

Wrong. We don't have to revisit Liberty Island just because it was in DX 1. If you ask me, show me some new areas. Pleasing some fanboys that want another complete copy is unacceptable. If you want to play on liberty island, i suggest you buy/reinstall the game and replay level one. (oh and dont forget to unlock the secret med bot near the docks, the one I missed the first 3 times i played it but found it on the 4th time)

minus0ne
28th Oct 2008, 07:27

Wait, so whereas this is a prequel to the original Deus Ex (which did feature "old architecture", in the 2050s), you dislike the idea of this style, even tough Cyber-Renaissance is going for something in the 2020s?

I'll wager you've never played IW then - which, sadly, actually did conflict with the Deus Ex feel, in part because everything was too futuristic and everyone lived in skyscrapers or arcologies.

Come to think of it, your entire post can be said to be "like two conflictive colours in an outfit." :p

DXeXodus
28th Oct 2008, 07:45
I agree MinusOne. I think it is naive to think that there will be no Renaissance architecture in 18 years time. A lot of these buildings are protected by serious heritage laws which will probably keep them going strong for many decades to come. It is however, not really appropriate if all of the buildings are like this, which I don't believe is the case based on the screenshots we have seen so far.

I think that the style that has been presented to us so far by the guys at Eidos Montreal has been much more appropriate and fitting to a Deus Ex game than Invisible ever was.

Abram730
28th Oct 2008, 09:15
Wait, so whereas this is a prequel to the original Deus Ex (which did feature "old architecture", in the 2050s), you dislike the idea of this style, even tough Cyber-Renaissance is going for something in the 2020s?

I'll wager you've never played IW then - which, sadly, actually did conflict with the Deus Ex feel, in part because everything was too futuristic and everyone lived in skyscrapers or arcologies.

Come to think of it, your entire post can be said to be "like two conflictive colours in an outfit." :p

The haves and the have not's. There should areas that are clearly left behind without any new construction. A dilapidated grand old city. Very gritty. New York was that way. surrounded in a sea of misery where life just goes on as normal and those shining cities that are new.. away from the suffering masses.

If there an up city down city sort of thing.. there should be a strong contrast and a visible conflict.. as in if there aren't security check points to keep the poor out of high end places then it's not believable.

The Olympics
http://www.boston.com/news/world/asia/articles/2008/08/10/vanishing_act/

There should be at least one old grimy cluttered city without any new buildings. fire escapes, allies, bums, drugs, drunks, dive bars, ext..

dr_niz
9th Nov 2008, 20:15
Regardless of the location, I would love to experience a location, travel across the globe, and return later to find the location fundamentally (and unexpectedly) changed by something tied from the story (or perhaps your decisions). This harks back to The Legend of Zelda: OOoT where the seven year gap was both disturbing and awesome in its severity. There, a world you knew and loved was changed to the core.

I realize that this example doesn't fit DX on a number of levels but the premise loosely applies.

9th Nov 2008, 22:39
Ok first thing that comes to mind is:

New York and Japan, maybe Russia: Moscow!, primarily heavy urban atmospheres--slums, upper class, city underground--concentration of commercial business/market/entertainment districts = good cyberpunk eyecandy. Another infiltration of some secret government facility, Area 51 anyone?

(I'm also thinking about tensions between the upper and lower classes in the game--since they mentioned how the upper class lives literally above the lower class--this idea could lead to a good side story and introduction of neo-revolutionary organizations to blend in with the climate of Deus Ex 3.)

Proto-NSF anyone? Though I hope the devs are two steps ahead of me on this one!

Now to get a little crazy, I noticed someone posted a thread about outer space.. get this:

Moon base/city.:lol:

9th Nov 2008, 22:46
1-dubai : dubai is famous city in the middle east and it is very modern like , besides much more company attention has ben rising it may be in the future the next world financial capital , and also the release of the new TR game :D ..

I love the idea of Dubai!

A re-visit to Hong Kong can also turn out good for the same reasons Dubai would.

lightbringerrr
10th Nov 2008, 00:02
A Dutch Whorehouse.

Sank-you, sank-you very much.

Tagon
3rd Dec 2008, 04:21
Well, since I generally don't like revisiting places you already have been to in a sequel (or, in this case, a prequel), I won't list any of the places we have already seen in DX1 or 2.

Following economical logic combined with some guesses about what would be supportive for the story and the atmosphere, I would suggest three regions:

- (Western) Europe (which will still be wealthy and technologically advanced 20 years from now)
- (South, Southeast or East) Asia (with it's emerging economical and military powers India and China)
- Arabia (with its rich emirates and the (steadily declining) oil reserves)

I admit, I left out Russia, but considering my arguments above, it could possibly replace India oder China.

So, the next question is: In these three regions, which cities would I personally like to see in the game (while also considering if they would make sense in the story and the atmosphere)?

For Asia: Dehli or Bombay (as many of you already suggested) would be nice. These are big cities, where economic growth and massive poverty appear side by side. It would be interesting to see if that resulted in dire consequences 20 years from now.

For Arabia: Well, I don't have a preference. Let it be Riadh oder Dubai. I am no expert in the region, I just think that a city in this region should be included.

For Western Europe -and here comes the big surprise: I would love to see Heidelberg in the game. Yes, I know, we already had Trier in Deus Ex 2, and another german city would possibly be overkill, and yes, partly I prefer Heidelberg because I'm german.
But there are some factors, which, in my opinion, favor Heidelberg (some of them would favor Prague as well):

-> it is not a city we have already seen in a game before. We have seen Paris (in Deus Ex 1), London (several games), Berlin (what would a good WWII game be without Berlin?) and Moscow (okay, thats NOT Western Europe :)) Given the architecture, Heidelberg is an interesting combination of ancient and modern style.
-> it's a city which most Americans (and also many people in Europe and Asia) already have heard of and which is still home to over thousand US soldiers. It would be very interesting to see if they are still present 20 years from now.
-> the university is well-known and has a high reputation across Europe (especially the medical faculty). So it would seem quite logical that the city is one of the centres of the technological revolution taking place in Deus Ex 3.

Well, there are still some other (minor) arguments for Heidelberg, but I don't know if I could express them properly in English and I don't want to be misunderstood. :)
And no, I don't live there - I was in Heidelberg two times in my entire life, but the city is somewhat...mysterious and fascinating. I think it would be a great location for Deus Ex 3.

APostLife
3rd Dec 2008, 06:39
I definitely love Hong Kong and New York; DX1 made these places awesome!

The third place I would like to go beside the top two would be London, or somewhere interesting in UK.

Yargo
3rd Dec 2008, 16:04
Since the game has a renaissance theme why not visit a developed first world Africa. Fresh slate for a really cool city :D :thumbsup:

3nails4you
3rd Dec 2008, 17:13
Now to get a little crazy, I noticed someone posted a thread about outer space.. get this:

Moon base/city.:lol:

We had a big discussion about this somewhere earlier in the thread, although it was about a Mars colony. There is a base on Mars in the DX reality, and it would be sweet to go there. However, tying it in to being on earth would be tough without a 9-month story jump just to get there, not to mention coming back (if necessary) unless we develop teleportation technology. The moon, however, does make more sense as far as distance. I do hope to see, if neither of those, a space station of sorts come into play during the story.

Joseph Manderley's Corpse
3rd Dec 2008, 17:13
Boston

Philly

Christchurch

NK007
14th Dec 2008, 18:02
Firenze\Rome - crucial! This is where Renaissance happened originally and if it isn't featured in the game, something big will be missing. Big fight in the Colosseum? Sneaking in the Forum Romano? etc.

Berlin - less crucial, just my favorite city. We can see where Gunther came from and how he was before being turned into the terminator, this would be the "cleaner" city of the game, more industrialized, less crime in the streets, etc.

Jerusalem - diggings have started under Israeli martial law in the temple mount and a huge conspiracy discovery was made. Also we could see Anna before she got augmented, probably overseeing the digging.

(gotta have a 4th) - Russia - St. Peterburg or Moscow - now controlled by Nazi-like right wing extremists (as there seems to be generally a lot of those in Russia), where the ethnic races are suffering and you can either help an Antifa-like organ. or help the government be depressive.

Also, when we see Anna and Gunther, they should be really nice, caring, compassionate, beautiful, etc., so that it's apparent how much sacrifice they made.

Kaigypsy
15th Dec 2008, 01:31
:) Everyone had such slamming ideas and reason why to include one city or another. So...here's mine.

Liberty Island-
Without beating the dead horse I do not think we even hit upon what was really going on there. However a trip back would have to include some great reason like perhaps its the headquarters related to the new character's path after the destruction of his company.

Russia (Either Moscow or St. Petersburg)-
I did not see it mentioned but I also did not do a real hard search like I normally do. I believe Russia should be hardcore involved due to its size, remote locations outside the major cities and of course one of my favorite all to short onscreen characters, Juan Lebedev. I want to know more about him in the worst way. I want to know what would turn him into a "terrorist". What drove him to that point? Did he know Paul and JC's parents prior to the boys or was he backing research on say Illuminati, etc etc. I dunno, something tells me he was more than just some rich guy.

IAWTC that Middle East needs to be worked in somehow. I also dig the idea of having some traditional music in the background. That makes for game sweetness factor, IMO.

London-
London is old OLDY mcOld. You can't convince me that under this city one could not put like in NYC a network of tunnels, command centers, big time secret stuff could not be worked in. Perhaps London can take the place of NYC since we have been there done that. I'm not sure though since not all of NYC was explored just the area round the docks and such.

Rome- Especially if the Vatican is involved which would be sad if it was not considering what MIGHT be there for interested Templers and such. Besides, am I the only one who to wander around making mischief or bothering the Pope. :D

Meteor Crater-
Looks innocent enough with all the flat land, trailer/RV park nearby and the exploration center. But what if it was more than that under the red rock?

The Grand Canyon-
The Canyon is 277 miles long, over a mile deep in some places with a width of 4 to 18 miles across. A great place to build then easily conceal a secret laboratory or base for experimental projects. There are places still in the Canyon nobody knows what is down there or how to get there.

Ok the last two are because I have been there, they are visually stunning yet humbling all at once. Plus this actually crossed my mind while I was at these places. Lame, I know.

Canada-
I'm not super familar with what is modern and what would fit the "depressed" feeling of DE but I'm all for hitting up our neighbors to the North. Maybe we can squeeze Alaska in there for ****s n giggles?

Honorable mention-
Abandon Military Bases
Four Corners, NM
Bermuda Triangle
Bimini Road
Romania
Brussels (that building is AWESOME-gotta be a way to work that in!)
Berlin (to apologize for Trier)
Philly (a city that old has to have more than brotherly love. How about secrets between brothers?)

That's it. Thank you! :wave:

spm1138
15th Dec 2008, 01:41
London is old OLDY mcOld. You can't convince me that under this city one could not put like in NYC a network of tunnels, command centers, big time secret stuff could not be worked in. Perhaps London can take the place of NYC since we have been there done that. I'm not sure though since not all of NYC was explored just the area round the docks and such.

London does have tunnels under it!

There's WW2 era stuff, cold war era stuff, connections to the London Underground, post office tunnels...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subterranean_London#Defence

http://www.londonphotos.org/archives/churchills_bunker_london_open_house_day.html
http://www.derelictlondon.com/id1490.htm

http://www.mailrail.co.uk/

etc.

lightbringerrr
15th Dec 2008, 01:43
I am totally down with The Bermuda Triangle!

Kaigypsy
15th Dec 2008, 02:39
London does have tunnels under it!

There's WW2 era stuff, cold war era stuff, connections to the London Underground, post office tunnels...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subterranean_London#Defence

http://www.londonphotos.org/archives/churchills_bunker_london_open_house_day.html
http://www.derelictlondon.com/id1490.htm

http://www.mailrail.co.uk/

etc.

OT here but now I have even more reasons to visit London during the Olympics in 2012. :D :group_hug:

simonm
15th Dec 2008, 09:55

Same here!!! As an aussie those girls were hilarious.

As much as I'd like Australia to feature somehow I don't think we're really that relevant on the international conspiracy stage! About the only thing that could feature from Aus is the Echelon station at Pine Gap! For those who don't know it's in the middle of the desert not far from Alice Springs.

The way things are heading in Russia atm (ie a return to Stalinism led by Putin) I think somewhere in Russia is a must! Maybe not Moscow but somewhere interesting like Vladivostok or Sakhalin?

In X-Files/Nazi fassion maybe invent a military base in Antarctica? (The Nazis claimed part of Antarctica called New Swabia). Some say New Swabia was never formally defeated!

Paris, London seem likely contenders also.

Digitaldruid
15th Dec 2008, 11:33
oh dear no one here mentioned Beirut,Warsaw,Mumbai,Athens. most of these cities would be perfect place to initiate a conspiracy.

Alai
16th Dec 2008, 03:59
Mars

Jerion
16th Dec 2008, 04:03
^^ It's been done. Lets go to Titan! :nut:

rockyrr
16th Dec 2008, 15:40
New York
Liberty Statue
London / Paris / DC
Brsil
A country in the Balkans;)

SteelRomano
16th Dec 2008, 21:01
Jerusalem (no Illuminati style story is complete without involvement from Israel.)

London

Buenos Aires

Berlin

Islamabad

And yes, Venice would be fun as hell! More variety with some underwater action going on.

And, some action in air would be good too. As much as I hate to say it, I would like to see Deus Ex kinda use a formula like James Bond movies. There is almost always some action in every movie in each of the following terrains:

air
sea
land

I would like to see that as well. We had a *little* water in the original Deus Ex. I'd liketo see more. I'd also like to see some air action, maybe similar to No One Lives Forever, but definitely more involved and a little more serious.

If you also add to Montevideo (Uruguay)

: P

Kahlell
20th Dec 2008, 01:02
1. Seattle
Okay, I'm biased, I live in Seattle, but I see two good reasons. One, it was In invisible war so it would kind of be cool to see it in a 'new light." Two, Seattle is one of the top three technological capitals of the world, I could see some major high-tech augmentation corporations/labs there.

2. Tokyo
One of the other huge technological capitals of the world. The Japanese are likely to solve many of the worlds energy problems with their already nearly fully developed alternative energy technologies. It would also be cool to see the differences (or lack thereof) between Shanghai (China) and Tokyo (Japan), given the huge cultural differences.

3. Antarctica
VersaLife had to start sometime, why not its beginnings/precursor to VersaLife. Some of the early "ethically challenging" genetics/transgenics projects could certainly be here, plus vast fields/chasms of ice are always a cool battle.exploring environment.

Jaken
28th Dec 2008, 21:11
http://blogs.bootsnall.com/JamesM/files/2008/01/syd_op2.JPG

oh yes.

NK007
29th Dec 2008, 11:47
Atlantis.

El_Bel
29th Dec 2008, 12:24
Berlin - less crucial, just my favorite city. We can see where Gunther came from and how he was before being turned into the terminator, this would be the "cleaner" city of the game, more industrialized, less crime in the streets, etc.

Jerusalem - diggings have started under Israeli martial law in the temple mount and a huge conspiracy discovery was made. Also we could see Anna before she got augmented, probably overseeing the digging.

Also, when we see Anna and Gunther, they should be really nice, caring, compassionate, beautiful, etc., so that it's apparent how much sacrifice they made.

And what if we kill Anna or Gunter?

NK007
29th Dec 2008, 12:56
Then later we'll see that they've actually been damaged or something, and then they are being "maintained" with new parts of sumfin'. Anyway, I really like to see a young, overzealous Gunther. Non-augmented at all, or with very little augs.

a_noise_severe
29th Dec 2008, 15:20
somewhere in scandinavia might be nice and a bit different.

Radius86
29th Dec 2008, 18:11
Then later we'll see that they've actually been damaged or something, and then they are being "maintained" with new parts of sumfin'. Anyway, I really like to see a young, overzealous Gunther. Non-augmented at all, or with very little augs.

While I think that would own, according to the Deus Ex Bible he'd probably be either be an infant or still very young to be threatening as a character. IT would certainly give me a chuckle of Gunther turned up as one of those kids that talks for a candy bar, in retrospect though :rolleyes:

Interesting point though in seriousness. How old would Hermann be in DX1? Not much older than JC, I'd say. I'd say 35 or so, not much more. Even though he keeps going in for maintenance.

And as for this particular thread

1) Liberty Island: I get the feeling that this one will be a given. The first game started with it, the second one ended with it. Not just because it was a main base for UNATCO, or the source of the Aquinas Protocol. It's more to do with what LIberty Island stands for. Freedom, or lack thereof in the country. I think its going to play a vital role in the third game. We might even see the original bombing of the statue by the (possibly then very young) Northwest Seccessionist Forces.

2) India: Good enough reasons for it. A lot of public terminals and datacubes in the first game talk of the nuclear war with Pakistan, and personally under these times, as an Indian I'd be more than a little curious to see how it could play into a Deus Ex universe.

3) St. Petersburg: Because cyberpunk would work in such architecturally strong locations.

4) I'm not too hot on this whole space station/moon idea. I think it might be a deviation thats TOO far off radar with the kind of world politics and conspiracy theories of this game.

NK007
29th Dec 2008, 18:33
While I think that would own, according to the Deus Ex Bible he'd probably be either be an infant or still very young to be threatening as a character. IT would certainly give me a chuckle of Gunther turned up as one of those kids that talks for a candy bar, in retrospect though :rolleyes:

Interesting point though in seriousness. How old would Hermann be in DX1? Not much older than JC, I'd say. I'd say 35 or so, not much more. Even though he keeps going in for maintenance.

And as for this particular thread

1) Liberty Island: I get the feeling that this one will be a given. The first game started with it, the second one ended with it. Not just because it was a main base for UNATCO, or the source of the Aquinas Protocol. It's more to do with what LIberty Island stands for. Freedom, or lack thereof in the country. I think its going to play a vital role in the third game. We might even see the original bombing of the statue by the (possibly then very young) Northwest Seccessionist Forces.

2) India: Good enough reasons for it. A lot of public terminals and datacubes in the first game talk of the nuclear war with Pakistan, and personally under these times, as an Indian I'd be more than a little curious to see how it could play into a Deus Ex universe.

3) St. Petersburg: Because cyberpunk would work in such architecturally strong locations.

4) I'm not too hot on this whole space station/moon idea. I think it might be a deviation thats TOO far off radar with the kind of world politics and conspiracy theories of this game.

Gunther always struck me as pretty old and experienced. I'd actually give him 42-43 at least. Anna a little younger, though. Either way, for some reason I would not like to see Tracer Tong... he kinda annoys me. But those 2... a must.

Big Orange
30th Dec 2008, 05:50
This hotel room (http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/7795601.stm) is very Deus Ex. I like to see oval/circular shaped rooms and for the enclosed middle classes working and living in giant corporations.

john.macready
30th Dec 2008, 10:18
Almost nothing to say. You already mentioned many great locations. I would like to see again places i remember from DX, maybe it would help to build this great athmosphere from first part, but i realise that almost imposible. Maybe after DX3, we could play again DX in new incarnation, just as it happend in Tomb Raider Anniversary, so leave old location in peace, until then...
For me DeusEx was an extraordinary experience and i did't found a game with so much sophisticated story/plot like DX. I think DX3 should follow tha path we know from the great ancestor. Show us places that are mixture of modernity and ancient history, current technological centers of our planet, ancient cradles of civilisations.
Like someone said:
- Rome would be great, after Paris, it's a good choice,
- Jerusalem is an excelent choice with it's cultural diversity and history,
- New York is a must just for a while, then Washington DC is a logical choice for a big, new location, maybe Boston
- I would like to see Hong Kong, even for a while, even in a cutscene then plot could throw us to Tokio or Shanghai. Taiwan maybe
- (Moscow, London, Berlin where used so many times... boring)
- CERN/Geneva, Switzerland, as a technological facility
- one of the NASA research centers
- Istanbul, Turkey... lot of possibilities...
- Budapest, Hungary...
- Langley, Virginia (including Air Force Base)

And all this locations should have this futuristic feel like Los Angeles in Blade Runner

Big Orange
5th Jan 2009, 00:07
I liked to scale the side of a snowy mountain and find a remote military facility similar to this (http://blog.modernmechanix.com/2007/06/06/rubber-fortresses-for-a-bomb-defense/).

Also this looks like an interesting place to visit:

http://www.oilempire.us/graphics/NSAHQ.jpg

Sabretooth1
5th Jan 2009, 03:31
First pick would be a location in India, probably Mumbai to illustrate how the whole nuclear bombardment plays out (and probably involves AJ :p ).

Second choice would be a European city, since that is usually how it works. I'd pick Rome for all that Renaissance aesthetic. It wouldn't really make a whole lot of political sense going there though, I don't remember anything particularly interesting going on at Rome. London sounds like a better choice then, or perhaps Geneva.

Third choice would be the Moon: In Deus Ex, there's talk of China trying to establish a lunar mining colony. Perhaps there is a conspiracy behind it, and AJ gets involved in it as always. :p With Shanghai confirmed in the game, that sounds likely.

nsf001
5th Jan 2009, 14:04
This hotel room (http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/7795601.stm) is very Deus Ex. I like to see oval/circular shaped rooms and for the enclosed middle classes working and living in giant corporations.

WoW!!!! That's definitely an very "Deus Ex" hotel.:thumbsup:

teknikal-vision
14th Jan 2009, 17:16
I'm gonna act like a complete patriotic Australian idiotic 'tard and bring up my post from ages ago:

Located 20kms from Alice Springs, it's apparently part of (SIGNIT) a collection and analysis network operated on behalf of the five signatory states to the UK-USA Security Agreement (Australia, Canada, New Zealand, the United Kingdom, and the United States, known as AUSCANZUKUS).

It is believed to be home to one of the largest ECHELON ground stations - that's right the REAL Echelon! :D Echelon is basically a surveillance system used to intercept communications and satellite signals.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ECHELON

It means we could have another isolated desert location that isn't in Nevada or New Mexico for a change. Also, no-ones ever really explored it in fiction. And it is relevant 'cause it's actually a CIA-run facility and ECHELON was mentioned in DX1. :scratch:

payne
11th Feb 2009, 22:43
major place that will be politically crucial in the futur is the middle east

think about it

no more oil with an overexpensive price like 1500$ a barrel with huge incomes for the region

the first tourism industry location with the luxuriest complex of the world (see the pharaonic projects of today)

the exponential growth of islam all around the world

so it will be dubai abu dhabi or others like these

WhatsHisFace
11th Feb 2009, 23:21
I liked to scale the side of a snowy mountain and find a remote military facility similar to this (http://blog.modernmechanix.com/2007/06/06/rubber-fortresses-for-a-bomb-defense/).

Also this looks like an interesting place to visit:

http://www.oilempire.us/graphics/NSAHQ.jpg

Yes, I can't get enough of generic corporate structures surrounded by large parking lots.

AaronJ
12th Feb 2009, 00:27
I forgot...has New York been confirmed yet?

WhatsHisFace
12th Feb 2009, 00:29
I forgot...has New York been confirmed yet?

No, but if the story events lead up to the founding of UNATCO, it's pretty much a sure bet.

I'd say "It wouldn't be a Deus Ex game without New York City," but we already have seen that this isn't a Deus Ex game.

AaronJ
12th Feb 2009, 00:40
No, but if the story events lead up to the founding of UNATCO, it's pretty much a sure bet.

I'd say "It wouldn't be a Deus Ex game without New York City," but we already have seen that this isn't a Deus Ex game.

Rene (no accents on iPhones) says that this can still be a DX game with the mistakes they've already made (or, shown us). I want to believe him, I really do. There's just a ridicupuy low amount of inrortmatijb so far.

Dallen
9th Oct 2009, 20:27
if i have to chose between three picks or another location i will definitely chose another location. Another location meaning another time as time traveling, The agent must travell back in time like dark ages or inquisition or perhaps ancient egypt or ancient greek to seek old reliks, to assasinate someone who discover the time traveling as well or something like that, back in time in ancient rome etc. But my three picks are: Bucharest because are a lot of streets alot of places where you can search for mission objectives just like in the first or second deus ex; Africa so the agent could search for hidden bunkers in the ground and the last pick is the Amazon jungle searching for millitary bases killing bad soldiers. that will be fun:))

JCpies
10th Oct 2009, 11:22
London would be fun seeing as i live there and i'd love tokyo too it would be awesome anyone played the redsun 2020 mod? also vietnam would be cool, just like the catacombs in paris we could travel around the underground bases that the vietnamese soldiers lived in during the war.

Arach666
10th Oct 2009, 14:49
I would be happy to return to some original DX locations such as hong kong,paris(club la porte de l´enfer rules!)and maybe hell´s kitchen.

DON_The_Grey
10th Oct 2009, 15:26
@ arach666:
Well some reference to original places like HELLS KITCHEN in deusex3 would be pretty awesome.
On a german forum I read recently that there should be only 5 different major locations - I hope
instead that the game will offer a diverse variety of location just like in DX.

That made the experience pretty cool and encouraged multiple playthroughs!

Besides I definately look forward to a daytime section in the game.
Other locations besides Detroit or Montreal I'd like to see Moskau, Wladiwostok Submarine cemetary,
Bagdad(exotic), New Dheli(busy"Wan Chai" like), San Francisco(Architecture). Places with lots of atmosphere which could be changed to
the future setting in a way that captures the gamer :)

DON_The_Grey
10th Oct 2009, 15:47
Originally Posted by Arach666
Berlin (to apologize for Trier)
I 'll love you for that hehe
Why the Hell Trier?
a god damn roman-founded village along former Limes fortification...
only nice thing was the great Spa - now only ruins existing so no bath at all anymore :(

KSingh77
10th Oct 2009, 16:07
A place with a nice bathroom and a mirrored floor to look at yourself.

Captain_Angelus
11th Oct 2009, 01:03
I would want to see these three locations:

1) For an asian link, I would want to see Kyoto, as it has a rich cultural history. There's no reason that it could have retained some of this in DX3, breaking up the whole renaissance thing, and giving the city a bit of variety. Besides, it is perfect to have some high-tech stuff going on under the surface.

2) An trip to Cape Town would add a bit of spice to the game, as you could then explore some of the shadier parts of the city, looking for illicit augs and people who have "gone to ground". This could be an optional side trip to enhance the players skills, but could also be tied in with other things to pad out the background if needed.

3) A secret lab of some description. Perhaps in an area of the Cheyyene Mountain complex or something. Hiding in plain sight, if you will. Besides, apart from people who work there (or have access to the files), who really knows what goes on in there anyway? Seems like a perfect area for a bit of infiltration, then "removing" some personnel or technology from the picture, bringing about the whole DX state of decay. (There by making it ripe for MJ12 to gain some foot hold in the world goverments)

Mind you, these are just spitballed out over a pint of beer, so some of the ideas might be sound enough. ;)

And of course some of the old favourites like NYC and Paris.

Spyhopping
11th Oct 2009, 10:12
It's not written up in the FAQ for all to see, but I think it's been confirmed that we are off to Shanghai, Montréal and Detroit, and that there are two other metropolises too. Lets hope that in the city we still wonder off to weird places like in Paris with Stanton Dowd's cemetery hideout and the catacombs. Apparently the entire city of Montréal is riddled with a huge network of underground tunnels which sounds fascinating.

As for the other cities... I hope that we re-visit at least one area from DX. My first thought was Hong Kong for the Versalife associations, but I think NYC is too iconic to leave out, especially the events of DX3 leading up to the formation of UNATCO. Of course I'd love to see London, but there have never been any links with DX and the UK before.

Daedalus.
12th May 2010, 17:55

space station
The Moon
Mars
other planets and galaxies, other worlds
time travel
to a galactic sports event, the Olympics
to a UFC Fight / Gladiator Match
a Pizza Parlor with real pizza
etc.

KSingh77
12th May 2010, 18:44
Somebody elses apartment.

Ashpolt
12th May 2010, 20:00
space station
The Moon
Mars
other planets and galaxies, other worlds
time travel
to a galactic sports event, the Olympics
to a UFC Fight / Gladiator Match
a Pizza Parlor with real pizza
etc.

http://bluntobject.files.wordpress.com/2009/12/double-facepalm.jpg

Daedalus.
12th May 2010, 20:05

I didn't mean Star Trek. I meant do all the above in a DX World.

Ashpolt
12th May 2010, 20:11
You missed my point somewhat. And by "somewhat" I mean "by a mile."

Jerion
12th May 2010, 20:34
You missed my point somewhat. And by "somewhat" I mean "by a mile."

Only a mile? You're feeling generous today.

Blade_hunter
12th May 2010, 20:59
I think he seamed to missed the point about Deus Ex and its time-line

gamer0004
13th May 2010, 14:01
It's a rather ironic post considering the fact that he has stressed in several other threads that DX:HR is a prequel, not a sequel.