PDA

View Full Version : Kane & Lynch 2 multiplayer.

bent toe
29th Nov 2007, 21:05
16 players, 8vs8, cops vs robbers, customable characters, 12 mp maps, 3 different gametypes, online co-op... hows that for some awsome mp!?

:D

PariahMessiah
30th Nov 2007, 19:55
Better yet, no windows live. We're PC gamers, not console failures. We want things like dedicated servers.

halflifedave
30th Nov 2007, 21:00
They should never use Windows Live or misadvertise about coop on PC.

bent toe
30th Nov 2007, 23:19
We're PC gamers, not console failures.
You dont know how wrong you are there.
I been devoted to PC for 6 years before i bought the 360, and i never had this much fun on any other game platform (except maybe dreamcast).

PC is a dying gaming platform.. the consoles is so much popular, stronger and better.
A few years ago there were only kids playing consoles... today its a worldwide phenomen and all ages play on them, tv-ads, advertising, clan competition, exclusive titles and much more are dominating the gaming world on the console side.

This is nothing new, its been there for ages when you talk about pc.. sure, but its a new era for consoles.

No more buying new hardware every 6 months, patches, updates, compability problems, driver failures, overclocking etc... just insert the disc, join a friends room and voila.
Superb graphics, awsome online support, automatic updates.

Who needs a pc for gaming? I dont.
And i rather buy a lcd and a console with a few games rather than spending the same amount of money on parts for my pc to be able to play the latest game and still having difficulties with running the game flawless.

spraehbuer
1st Dec 2007, 00:28
16 players, 8vs8, cops vs robbers, customable characters, 12 mp maps, 3 different gametypes, online co-op... hows that for some awsome mp!?

:D
for K&L (1?!) i count on modders to make a coop online mod . . . even if it might take a while (hope it's not hardcoded :( )
would be quite interesting to know how 'modable' the game is :scratch:

PC is a dying gaming platform.. the consoles is so much popular, stronger and better...

that was the funniest thing i read today :D . . . well tbh it was a pretty s#itty day ;)
the PC as a gaming platform was supposed to die the last 10 years. this won't happen aswell as there will be always other gaming platforms.

ChinaWhite
1st Dec 2007, 05:44
Better yet, no windows live. We're PC gamers, not console failures. We want things like dedicated servers.

Games for Windows Live I like for achievements ease of use of inviting people. Your complaint is minuscule considering the fact you can host and join servers with a silver account. If you want ranked gaming or accept invites and matchmaking you need Gold. Ranked and skilled matchmaking not even Steam provides, you can pay for the service if you wish, it's not forced on you.

Without games for windows live being in K&L hypothetical here, there would just be List play no ranked, which totally voids your argument tat it would be better without GFWL. As for dedicated servers, games such as Shadowrun and Halo2 both have dedicated servers and are under GFWL program. The people who must create server files is the developer IO Interactive, you may want to get this fact right when complaining about GFWL and put your complaint in the right direction.

Since IO Interactive has forced pc gamers to use a game pad and haven't really thought through Multi-player, map cycles anyone? It is them who must create dedicated server files.

The same applies to Gears of War, no dedi files there either developers fault. The same carbon copy complaints, we don't need live, yet if it didn't it would be harder to host games because Epic have never supported upnp on routers where as Live does, which opens the ports on a upnp supported router by default.

Also you may want to complain at the developer for porting the game to the PC from the console, or did GFWL do that too lol?

Jammer007
1st Dec 2007, 09:26
for K&L (1?!) i count on modders to make a coop online mod . . . even if it might take a while (hope it's not hardcoded :( )
would be quite interesting to know how 'modable' the game is :scratch:

that was the funniest thing i read today :D . . . well tbh it was a pretty s#itty day ;)
the PC as a gaming platform was supposed to die the last 10 years. this won't happen aswell as there will be always other gaming platforms.

PC as a gaming platform OWNS. Yeah if its dying then where does nvidia and ATI get most of the money from? The amount of video cards and models that come out every year are insane. Games on PC have higher resolutions. Also I don't see any proof that show PC gaming to be dying. I would say it has become better. There are some games for PC Only and some games for console. Some games can pass on both platforms but I wouldn't say PC games are going to fade. PC games are more recognize now then they were 10 years ago. Plus Online games are 100x better on PC then they are on Consoles. There are only a handful of good console Online games out there. GIve a PC guy a mouse and keyboard VS a console guy and his gamepad and see who would get more FRAGS on a FPS game. Or playing RTS games on gamepads....that is just wrong. Maybe they should port World of Warcraft to XBOX360 and PS3(**** **** **** ).

Just my two cents....:eek: :eek: :eek: