PDA

View Full Version : Im getting frustrated!!!

Mickeb83
29th Nov 2007, 11:31
Why does gamedevelopers like Eidos remove functions like Third person, Co-Op campaign and 4-player splitscreen?
Is there any game besides Conflict 1, 2 and 3 who have all theese functions?
Are the functions hard to make?
Or are the console manufacturers demanding the removal of splitscreen gaming and pushing for online gaming only so that they can sell more consoles?

And for gods sake why did they remove it from Conflict 4?

Phlip
29th Nov 2007, 16:38
Eidos aren't the developers, they're just the parent company like they where with Core Design.

Possibly multiplayer has... gone out of date mabe? Why don't you e-mail the developers of Conflict? :)

Paulraider
29th Nov 2007, 16:50
Edios are like the music distributers if you like.

There is always going to be something and game developers do or don't listen

PoorBison
29th Nov 2007, 20:38
Why does gamedevelopers like Eidos remove functions like Third person, Co-Op campaign and 4-player splitscreen?
Or are the console manufacturers demanding the removal of splitscreen gaming and pushing for online gaming only so that they can sell more consoles?

Go play Halo 3... I know its not an Eidos game, but it has all those things you just mentioned...
Third person: You pick up a turret, missile pod, flamethrower or drive a vehicle each result in a third person view.
Co-Op campaign: 4 player co-op over Xbox Live or on the same Xbox.
4-player splitscreen: Yep.

Zangetsu101
30th Nov 2007, 01:21
Yeah..but I felt incredibly jibbed that the Arbiter's story wasn't continued..just my two cents (no Cydonia you are not getting anymore money from me...the other 1 trillion dollars is mine! :lmao:) But yeah it has everything you're looking for.

Mickeb83
30th Nov 2007, 09:22
Ok my fault... I just found a forum and felt that i needed to vent.
I feel better now :D

Halo 3 You say?
Isnt that 1:st person? Or maybe it's possible to change view...

The problem is that me, and two of my friends gets motion sicness in 1:st person view (They are quite old ;) ).
When we boght GRAW we saw the 3:rd person view on the back and it was 4-player local Co-Op... Great!

I got a projector at the canvas then when we got the game started we discoverd to our dissapointment,
that 3:rd person only was possible on sigel player and not splitscreen.
And it wasnt only possible, It was standard on the Singel player misssions!

We tried and felt sick... (i can play 1:st person on PC with a mouse... No prob, its on consoles... makes me puke almost)...
After a while we gave up.

If i missed it... the reason for us buying the Xbox 360 was that game... stupid huh?
And we also bought Raindow 6: Las Vegas! In that game, 3:rd person is only possible ... When you die.
So i went home and was looking fo another game to buy and came up with.... none.

But i came up with this site and a spec of the new conflict game Only 2 player no 3:rd person...
Thats when i posted on this board...

So i apologize for the misgiuded critics to eidos... and the long post :D
God luck out there everyone!

P.s. Not fun when you realize that you no longer the target audience D.s.

Sao
10th Dec 2007, 13:02
Halo 3 has nothign in common with conflict you twit.
No 4 man TEAM, no giving orders.

This is a sad day for the conflict series.

dporter
18th Dec 2007, 19:40
Where are you getting your info that this won't have online coop? I'm looking right at the pivotal's information for the game details and its says:

A full Co-op campaign enabling you to team up with a friend, pick your favourite character and play through the entire campaign story co-operatively. Whether playing via Xbox LIVE, PlayStation Network or Gamespy, you won't miss any movies or set pieces that can be experienced in the single player campaign. Conflict Denied: Ops offers a co-operative experience in the truest sense - even the driveable vehicles can be driven by one player while another mans the gun.

Is there something that says otherwise?

Mickeb83
20th Dec 2007, 10:44
Where are you getting your info that this won't have online coop? I'm looking right at the pivotal's information for the game details and its says:

Is there something that says otherwise?

I´m talking about local co-op (splitscreen). I want to sit down with my friends in the same room and play. Not alone at home connected to Live.

dporter
21st Dec 2007, 16:32
oops my bad. I see what your saying now.

Yeah, I don't have high hopes for this game. Why do game company's always go away from a winning formula. 4 man squad worked good, 3rd person view was awesome, 4 player split screen (offline) worked well.

This doesn't even feel like a game in the conlict series honestly. I'll stick to playing global terror on the pc (even though it has an extremely small online community).

Mickeb83
29th Dec 2007, 10:50
Yeah, I don't have high hopes for this game. Why do game company's always go away from a winning formula. 4 man squad worked good, 3rd person view was awesome, 4 player split screen (offline) worked well.

This doesn't even feel like a game in the conlict series honestly. I'll stick to playing global terror on the pc (even though it has an extremely small online community).

Yeah i totally agree.
It feels like the time they released Resident evil as a Rail Shooter and then turned it to a 3:rd person shooter. Wonder what went trough the creators heads at that time....