PDA

View Full Version : BO1: Can't defeat Malek?

thatguy23
29th Nov 2007, 07:29
I am playing the game on a computer with Vista, and the patch to make it work. Everything has been fine but I am in a battle with Malek and I've hit him at least 100 times (not exaggerating) and nothing happens (other than him grunting). Do I keep hitting him or is this a problem?

The DarkOne
29th Nov 2007, 09:14
I think you must use the sword, using the mace or spells won't have any effect on him.

weaponx
29th Nov 2007, 09:35
its been years since i played BO1 but i don't remember actually defeating him, i remember retreating and going to Vorador's after but i could be wrong cos its been years

Sparkus816
29th Nov 2007, 14:37
Vorador will be the one who will defeat the shepard, seek Voradors aid in the Tergeant Forest.

alepu
29th Nov 2007, 15:25
Hit him with the triple combo of your sword around 10 times. Then he will shoot his energy beam. Simply backtrack to the teleporter and leave.

thatguy23
29th Nov 2007, 21:52
1. I am using the sword, I found out myself that the mace and spells do nothing.

2. How to retreat? I just find myself in a room (with Malek) with no way out.

3. Triple sword combo? :confused:

Thanks for your help guys

FearGhoul
29th Nov 2007, 22:20
The way I do it is this:
Use your Repel spell so he can't hurt you, and use your iron sword. The triple-sword combo is when you hit the attack button a lot and he does three swings really fast, and Kain usually says something like "Vae victis" or something as well. Malek will keep coming at you, but can't hurt you because of the spell, and you just keep beating him up. When he goes to the top of the room and uses his super deadly attack, run to the bottom right to a teleportation platform.

thatguy23
8th Dec 2007, 21:50
Hi guys,
The advice before was very helpful, thanks for that. I have another question now if you don't mind.

I found a walkthrough to help me since I am not good at this, and I am on a part labelled "Azimuth." After defeating Bain and Dejoule, I went to Dark Eden, through the cave, and should be going around from there, but when I get to the other side of the cave there are enormous rocks blocking the path, and no way to get around. Is there some ability that I have to go find to do this, or am I missing something else?:confused:

The DarkOne
8th Dec 2007, 22:23
You should be able to push these rocks out of the way (they were brown rocks if remember correctly), if you can't push them out of the way then you've probably missed a blood fountain somewhere.

alepu
10th Dec 2007, 10:32
Yes go back and enter all the caves you haven't entered. One of them must be a blood fountain.

And I think I know which one you missed... Fly to Vorador's Mansion, then go left until you go to a place filled with caves and ruins. The blood fountain is in a cave to the southwest.

thatguy23
10th Dec 2007, 18:33
I found the one I was missing. It was the second strength fountain...although I don't remember where that was. I had a day off yesterday and finished off the game...so it all blurs together now. :p