PDA

View Full Version : Fragile Alliance, Player numbers

ChinaWhite
29th Nov 2007, 06:54
Can the devs change the minimum number to two players to start a game please. It's getting quite ridiculous to find a game with 4 let alone 8. Really there should be dedicated servers (which are always up) to promote Multiplayer gaming, since no one wants to host there are rarely any servers up.

I live in Europe, and for one hour solid I was in a room hosted by myself with a cool guy from Germany, this is at 5:30pm. He leaves, after that time, I close the session and find out hes created a server so I join, we have a giggle at the fact no one is joining, for a good 45 minutes no one joined his session. This is what it looked like below. I checked all the server lists, ranked player list etc... no games, not at late times like now, 7am in England right now, which in America East Coast is 11pm, no games. And even if there was it wouldn't be much appealing due to latency from long distance.

The sweet Irony is, co-op which is two player would have many more games up especially with my friend having a copy if it existed, but like I say two players minimum cannot launch, it is needed! I think you should work on a patch and implement co-op online and two player minimum for FA, the framework is there and would be more likely to be played in bigger numbers, as it stands, the MP isn't being utilized to its fullest, i've not seen a game with 8 players. I doubt I will either as many are setting 4 as minimum number of players.

This is the best possible thing you could do... Allow the host to set 8 player server, when two players minimum ready up the game will launch, if anyone else joins that server in session they can be spectator until the end of the current round. This is common sence, and seems a better option. Better then my picture below.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v406/Woosy/Kane%20and%20Lynch/fragilealliance.jpg

bent toe
29th Nov 2007, 17:23
Very true, agree totally.
Check my other thread where the dev's have replied.
http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=73447

sleeper707
29th Nov 2007, 18:56
LOL, I can't even get that screen anymore. I always get a error failed to connect message, even when its not full.

Jeron
29th Nov 2007, 19:41
LOL, I can't even get that screen anymore. I always get a error failed to connect message, even when its not full.

I get that too alot.
Only managed to join 2 games.

sleeper707
29th Nov 2007, 21:13
I get that too alot.
Only managed to join 2 games.
I have yet to play 1. :(

I think I would have had a better chance if this wasn't a Games For Windows Title.

ChinaWhite
30th Nov 2007, 03:33

I get this a lot, you want to know what it is? The game is in progress, what has happened the game started with 4, someone dropped from the game, when looking in the server list it shows 3/4. But because you cannot join a game in progress it says error, booting you back to main menu. Why not back to server list is beyond me, this game defies game standards.

The worst part is there is no map rotation, so after 4 rounds it's back to main menu again, why there wasn't an option like 99.9% of games out there, that says after a round host has the ability to change maps, this is very short sighted.

When I do get games, I had a few earlier, it is hampered by people not appearing at the start of the round there are just names. After 2 minutes I and others can move, and it's so laggy, even with it being hosted by myself, I have a 1.3 meg upstream. After the start the game will freeze for a good 3 minutes, not before I hit ctl-alt-del, which does nothing! After a while the computer recognizes task manager and alt-tabs out, I alt tab back in and the game works 3 minutes later.... But it's not fun.

There is also a bug with server listing, clicking find server and clicking accept can take anywhere from and instant load to 3 minutes, it's so inconsistent, these things where not missed when testing there is no way.