PDA

View Full Version : Blood Fountains? (spoiler)

Sparkus816
28th Nov 2007, 15:33
I was reliving up some old BO days when I rerembered the first time I stole into the caves with the fountains of blood. In BO these dark place would grant Kain new Powers and stren:scratch: gth needed to pass into new areas. Was it ever explained where the fountains orginated from, or has it always been a mystery? Also what about the lost city, was it ever explained why and who built it as well?:scratch:

Balance_Reaver
28th Nov 2007, 15:50
Was it ever explained where the fountains orginated from, or has it always been a mystery?
As far I know - no, it wasn't.

Also what about the lost city, was it ever explained why and who built it as well?
The only thing that Amy mentioned that the Abyss and the Lost City have a connection but what it means wasn't explained.

exmachinad
20th Dec 2007, 17:35
Even today, after all these sequels, there are quite some things in BO1 with no explanation so far... :(

dragonfly2
3rd Jan 2008, 02:40
I believe the fountains were created by the ancients. I it is the blood of the ancients that Kain is drinking from the fountains.
I know this is off topic but did anyone ever noticed the angelic skeletons frozen in the caves in and around nosgoth?

Sparkus816
3rd Jan 2008, 03:07
In Blood Omen right? Before the meeting of Moebius, in guise as the Oracle of Nosgoth?

dragonfly2
3rd Jan 2008, 03:13
Yep and in some of the other caves. I noticed them as well as some frozen maidens. But noticed the angelic corpes more in some other caves in other parts too you just have to look for them. They look like their chained to the cave walls .

weaponx
3rd Jan 2008, 08:01
the blood fountains where put in as upgrades to help to you proceed to the next area. the fountains never were explained in the games where the origin of them are.
they could be ancient vampire but i don't think so because they were cursed by the hylden so i think it might be a bit plausible it was created by them, maybe as some bait or something?

djoey3984
28th Jan 2008, 02:44
I think the blood fountains were made by the ancient vampires. I mean, I look at Janos Audron and he doesn't seem like the character who would suck the blood of innocent villagers. So these fountains were made by those Ancient Vampires so they wouldn't need to feed off the living to sustain their thirst.

Sparkus816
28th Jan 2008, 06:25
I agrre with you about the fountains being of vampiric orgin, but disgree about it subtaining the ancient races. Although definately built to augment, perhaps only to the chosen pillar successors? Janos Audron, knew he must substain his curse 'A NESSARY EVIL', but I'm sure had no problem killing humans, most likely thugs and predators. However, Kain saw his curse as a gift, not a curse as Janos would. Kain would kill all and destroy all, to acheive his "Great Ambition". Welcome to the Legacy of Kain Forums Joey!:D

The DarkOne
28th Jan 2008, 09:09
perhaps only to the chosen pillar successors?

Good point, I like it

shlmysfb
29th Jan 2008, 00:07
Janos Audron, knew he must substain his curse 'A NESSARY EVIL', but I'm sure had no problem killing humans, most likely thugs and predators.

It's true that Janos did refer to the "curse that made [the vampires] predators of humankind", or something along those lines. On the other hand, we see in the SR2 murals that the vampires fed on cattle (there was a dead cow, if I remember correctly).

However, the blood fountains couldn't have been made to sustain vampires, since each vampire could only drink from each one once.

Muyfa123
29th Jan 2008, 05:30
I know this is far fetched, but maybe we are not supposed to see it as physical things. Maybe the blood fountains simply represent Kain growing stronger along his journey.

Sparkus816
29th Jan 2008, 16:41
Kain talks about the one fountain, near King Ottmers land quite specifically. I dont think they were ment to be mere visualizations.

mort
28th Feb 2008, 10:58
i always thought that it was the home land of the hylden.

gana have a look again when i can to put more thought into it.

as for the blood fountains i think that who ever made them also made the forges for the reaver, the vampires of old. eather because they wanted all to use them or because of visions like they had with the reaver.

Linikratyo
28th Jul 2008, 12:25
what do you mean with the home land of the Hylden???????????? :confused: