PDA

View Full Version : Message for AMD dual core users

Keir
28th Nov 2007, 11:44
This one comes from jaycw2309.

If you're running an AMD dual core and you're experiencing problems such as poor frame rate, bad lag, etc....

Please make sure you've installed the optimiser, which is designed for gamers. Second option down on this linky link (http://www.amd.com/us-en/Processors/TechnicalResources/0,,30_182_871_9706,00.html).

Let us know how you get on.

jaywalker2309
28th Nov 2007, 12:00
If you think you have it installed already may be worth checking if this is an updated version.

I had it on our network here, and it was an older version - the new one was signed on the 23rd July 2007 - love exes being signed so we can trace when they created etc

lordshoot2kill
28th Nov 2007, 16:10
what about intel dual cores, i still have my bad framerate, is there a way to fix it yet. The level before 'choice' runs really slow when it thunders, even on low graphics. The biggest frame rate drop is on the bank level, when you look up from the vault the frame rate is UNDER 15fps on Low. Running a 8800gts and intel core 2 duo 6400.

Takai29
28th Nov 2007, 17:04
what about intel dual cores, i still have my bad framerate, is there a way to fix it yet. The level before 'choice' runs really slow when it thunders, even on low graphics. The biggest frame rate drop is on the bank level, when you look up from the vault the frame rate is UNDER 15fps on Low. Running a 8800gts and intel core 2 duo 6400.

No optimizer for Intel Dual Cores. This was released exclusively by AMD to provide a software solution to timing synchronization between the two cores in the processor.

No, this is SPECULATIVE ... All the optimizer really does, is adds a parameter to your boot.ini to help keep the two cores in sync with one another. People have reported that this has worked for Intel Dual Cores as well, but nothing solidly confirmed that I've seen firsthand (I use AMD's for gaming and Intel for development/productivity).

Few questions for ya :)

1. What OS you running?
2. 32bit or 64bit OS?
3. What video driver are you using? nVidia? (Omega Drivers have been known to resolve a large number of graphics related issues in games, I've used them in the past -- they are stable and optimized for gaming).

Here: Windows XP/2000 Omega Drivers for nVidia Cards (http://www.omegadrivers.net/nvidia/win2k_xp.php)

They will not 'void your warranty' so worst case if they give you a problem, just re-install the latest nVidia drivers. :)

lordshoot2kill
28th Nov 2007, 17:27
1. Vista
2. 32bit
3. nVidia 163.75

I might try those drivers, if i can, at a later state. Hopefully something offical is going to be done soon.

Chamlong
24th Apr 2008, 16:41
I have a laptop with Vista, and it has AMD Turion 64 x2 Mobile Technology TL-60 installed in it. I tried to install the optimizer but it didn't work. On other forums they say it is because it is fixed in Vista. My problem still continues. Any ideas?