PDA

View Full Version : Cooperative Play?

fury_161
27th Nov 2007, 22:44
Did the developers REALLY think that two people were going to scrunch in front of a computer screen, one using a keyboard and mouse, the other using an X-Box controller? This has to be the most horrid design flaw I've ever seen. This isn't "overlooking a small graphical error", this is blatantly not giving a crap. For god sakes, the multi-player menu still mentions System Link! What the hell? I'm playing on a freaking computer!

Worse yet, I go to play some online play, figured, at least that'd be fun. But no! List Play just freezes the game!

Why did I buy this game? The single-player was fun, it had some control issues, but I liked it even though it was INCREDIBLY short. (Not have been a problem if maybe advertised as episodic). The co-op is WORTHLESS, for lack of a better word, and the multi-player only caters to those willing to fork out the money to play on LIVE.

In the end, this was totally and completely not worth the money, I'm sorry. For the same price, I bought the Orange box a few weeks ago and I have been having a blast with the extreme amount of highly polished content.

halflifedave
28th Nov 2007, 01:55
Has the game always frozen for you everytime you try a FA game? I only attempted one game and I assumed it just lost my connection and never tried again since.

fury_161
28th Nov 2007, 04:55
Has the game always frozen for you everytime you try a FA game? I only attempted one game and I assumed it just lost my connection and never tried again since.

I tried several times. The game downright freezes and I have to Ctrl-Alt-Del and then play the alt-tab game and hit "ka" on the keyboard and hit delete to end the process. Not my ideal form of multi-player. Gears of War Listplay works, though suffers miserably from the lack of competent servers.

Jammer007
1st Dec 2007, 09:40
I tried several times. The game downright freezes and I have to Ctrl-Alt-Del and then play the alt-tab game and hit "ka" on the keyboard and hit delete to end the process. Not my ideal form of multi-player. Gears of War Listplay works, though suffers miserably from the lack of competent servers.

Yeah gears of war was another Windows Game I bought. The Coop there is weird. No way to type to your coop buddy only voice chat which I hate. Game is buggy, I'm sure the DEVS are going to do something about this coop split screen issue because for PC split screen is a major NO-NO. Look out for Vegas 2. Seems like Rainbow 6 and Ghost Recon are the only games that offer real good coop play. I have yet to see anyother game do a better job.

Just my two cents....

ChinaWhite
2nd Dec 2007, 19:39
Yeah gears of war was another Windows Game I bought. The Coop there is weird. No way to type to your coop buddy only voice chat which I hate. Game is buggy, I'm sure the DEVS are going to do something about this coop split screen issue because for PC split screen is a major NO-NO. Look out for Vegas 2. Seems like Rainbow 6 and Ghost Recon are the only games that offer real good coop play. I have yet to see anyother game do a better job.

Just my two cents....

You can type in GoW in co-op, bring up the console, type "say" without quotes then type the message, ie say hello, and it will say hello. Why there isn't any chat implemented is poor.

PariahMessiah
2nd Dec 2007, 20:24
Games for Windows + Console ports/Games developed for console at the same time = Potentially good PC game horribly neutered.