PDA

View Full Version : Random Crashes Fixed

XxxXxxXxx
27th Nov 2007, 19:59
I had a massive problem with running K&L and GoW both games had the same problem with crashing in random moments...

As some of the users i'm running on Vista and i got so frustrated i decided to reinstall Vista. As most of the users i'm using a Vista upgrade so whenever i reinstalled it from an old copy of Vista the problem persisted.... Yesterday i have formatted my c drive and installed a fresh copy of XP downloaded all the updates etc. installed GOW and K&L and guess what it all runned smoothly... Later on i have upgraded my fresh XP to Vista.... installed all the drivers and updates.... and guess what... BOTH GAMES WORK WITHOUT CRASHING!

So the conclusion may be that if you reinstall Vista from Vista it carries on with problems... dont ask me why but it worked in my situation...

oh btw i didn't installed any of the recommended hotfixes that both EPIC and EIDOS have in their stickies...
(
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/938979 http://support.microsoft.com/kb/938194 http://support.microsoft.com/kb/940105
)

Funny thing if you wont log in to live (don't make any profile) just press ESC when K&L asks you for it it will create savegame anyway without this WindowsLive crap interfering...

Keir
27th Nov 2007, 20:16
Glad to hear you got it working, and thanks for posting in the information.

Enjoy!

jaywalker2309
28th Nov 2007, 09:49
You can play the game without signing into live, altho i thought the savegame it created wasnt `permenant` ie if u got to level 3, and quit out and went back in you'd be back at the beginning again

I could be wrong of course :)

FYI, there are 2 stages to Live.

Creating a profile - this is all offline not linked to Live and can be used by people without Net connection etc. Save games are stored.
Signing into Live - associating your newly created profile with a Live account registers your details online and enables you to have achievements etc.

XxxXxxXxx
28th Nov 2007, 15:53
You can play the game without signing into live, altho i thought the savegame it created wasnt `permenant` ie if u got to level 3, and quit out and went back in you'd be back at the beginning again

I could be wrong of course :)

FYI, there are 2 stages to Live.

Creating a profile - this is all offline not linked to Live and can be used by people without Net connection etc. Save games are stored.
Signing into Live - associating your newly created profile with a Live account registers your details online and enables you to have achievements etc.

Finished 5 chapters and save is still there everything works perfectly....

XxxXxxXxx
28th Nov 2007, 15:55
Glad to hear you got it working, and thanks for posting in the information.

Enjoy!

IMO it has something to do with the actual system and the way it was installed... i may be wrong though...

Psykopig
30th Nov 2007, 17:59
IMO it has something to do with the actual system and the way it was installed... i may be wrong though...

I think its the way the game reacts to installations maybe....don't let blame fall away from the game...