PDA

View Full Version : Kane & Lynch causes system to shut down

Rotgut
27th Nov 2007, 16:27
Got myself the game a little while ago. While it starts up fine, no graphical glitches or stuttering, it simply causes my system to shut down at random points, without any kind of error message. When it starts to shut down, the game acts like I "alt+tabbed" it but it keeps on running in the background, and I can remaximize the window with it still running smoothly a few seconds before the computer auto terminates any running program and logs out. I am currently playing Call of duty 4 without any problems and have just finished Crysis without problems so it's not my hardware in which the issue lies.

I've got a GeForce 7900 GTX and a dual core processor.
Im using XP and have service pack 2 installed.

Here's the things I've tried:

Logging out from the account and playing while not logged in with x-box live
All different sound options
Lowering everything from the highest to the lowest
Allocating my processors so only one runs the game
Creating a new live account
Reinstalling Kane and lynch
Reinstalling windows live
Reinstalling graphical drivers/sound drivers

Nothing which have proven effective.

Keir
27th Nov 2007, 18:31
Crap, sorry to hear about your problem.

Are you running any other software or applications in the background which you don't need to? Also, which USB peripherals are you using?

In the meantime, I'll pass this on to the boffins.

Rotgut
27th Nov 2007, 18:36
Im using a wireless mouse, keyboard and a portable media drive, if that's what you mean.

Things that almost always run in the background are Norton antivirus, Steam and sometimes MSN.
I'll shut down as much as I can, I'll get back to you.

Nope, still causes shutdown.

Rotgut
28th Nov 2007, 12:00
Also, forgot to add, I've installed the optimizer about a few weeks ago.

Ive found one other guy that has the same problem using google, there's atleast some releif in that.

xMort
17th Dec 2007, 10:26
I'm experienced system restart on every K&L exit. If I exit game by normal way from menu or alt+tab to desktop and kill game process, system (Vista HP x64) always restart. I post dxdiag as soon as I return to my pc.

sublime90
17th Dec 2007, 17:14
that happens to me everytime i play fragile alliance, i get 1 maybe 2 sessions in and it auto closes on me, forcing me to restart my PC in order to load the game back up again

Candle
17th Dec 2007, 20:47
This happened to me on another computer on a different game, so this is a freakin wild guess, but try sound acceleration up all the way or not at all.

Rotgut
3rd Jan 2008, 09:59
Allright, I fixed it.

Turns out something was badly installed, I uninstalled then reinstalled my video drivers and did the same with my processor drivers for AMD, I havent had any problems with the game since.

I had both the framerate and the issue this thread discussed.