PDA

View Full Version : USER INTERFACE Found items

cmstache
6th Dec 2013, 03:51
When finding "Quick Wits" at the end of battle it gives you the description for "Bola."

Psyonix_Eric
6th Dec 2013, 08:31
This was something we had seen internally as well and we think we've got a fix in for it now. I don't know when it'll hit the live servers, though.

lucinvampire
6th Dec 2013, 11:53
Speaking of found items…not relating to this but the title fits so I thought hey lets roll with it...

I noticed that when you find things now it no longer announces it in game - it used to say what you found in a cool scratchy voice - I don’t know when that changed (probably ages ago lol) but now brings a bit of bold lime green text up in the top right hand corner - which I don't think really goes well with the look of the game. I was just a little confused by that the text was and why it was saying stuff at me! Then at the end of the match it's like oh it’s telling me its found items. I liked the little voice that said you’ve found x but I suppose with certain usernames etc it could be a) a bit risky b) it could be confusing. I'm not fond of the lime green, maybe a more different colour could be used? Though can understand if its because of the background of the game that this was chosen - Hylden green lol :D

Strike5150
6th Dec 2013, 12:13
Incidentally it seems 90% of the time its a human perk. Not sure if this is a bug or just coincidence, but I'd have to say I see far more human perks than anything else. Occasionally a vamp one but mostly human.

cmstache
6th Dec 2013, 16:00
I just thought it was random. I didn't know you ACTUALLY FOUND IT. :)

lucinvampire
6th Dec 2013, 16:19
I've always assumed it’s because you either get in close proximity or shoot/attack a certain person - I've only ever found people :D ...it could be completely random though - I have no idea lol.

Psyonix_Corey
6th Dec 2013, 17:26
For once you guys have me stumped.

We've never announced item drops mid match and I don't know what lime green text you are referring to. Items are randomly awarded on match end. Human perks have an equal drop rate with vampire perks.

lucinvampire
6th Dec 2013, 18:04
Ok now I'm confused... When playing about 4-3.weeks ago the game would say a users name randomly and then at the end of the match it would say items found (right side of the screen) when your stats come up and have the names of the people that it said. Last night I noticed the lime green text in the top right it that says found and then a users name, it would appear stay there for a bit and then dispeear and at the end of the match it did the same and listed the user names of the people that had been found in the box. If you want screen shot next time it happens I'll take some...though it might not happen for a bit because it doesn't always :D may be it is just a random thing then lol

Lomonop
9th Dec 2013, 11:38
This was something we had seen internally as well and we think we've got a fix in for it now. I don't know when it'll hit the live servers, though.
You also should have gotten multiple bug reports on this issue from me. Quick Wits is by far not the only perk with a wrong description when finding it.
Something has changed already though: at first the description of a lot of perks was "repeat that crossbow.", but now it is a full description about "an ingeniously designed crossbow".

Syst3mzero
9th Dec 2013, 16:34
Yeah most Items have the description of a crossbow. actually I don't think I have seen one with a description of anything but crossbow however I have never seen a crossbow drop as an item.