PDA

View Full Version : Error 1324 on installation

Zohaib
26th Nov 2007, 05:01
WTF, god damnit I purchase the game and now i receive this message has anyone else gotten this?

http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/4863/36692752lr2.th.jpg (http://img441.imageshack.us/my.php?image=36692752lr2.jpg)

ChinaWhite
26th Nov 2007, 08:27
Doing google, it says this is an error with your windows profile as shown by install shield site http://support.installshield.com/kb/view.asp?articleid=Q107602 this one explains it a bit better I think.

The location you want to install it in has invalid characters, make sure it has no invalid characters, try a different location then the default. The one you tried has a ? mark in it which is why it's complaining.

jaywalker2309
26th Nov 2007, 11:03
Hi there,

What language OS are you running? Is it English with a Language pack installed on top?

Zohaib
26th Nov 2007, 14:25
i'm running windows XP and i'm just trying to default intall it on english

jaywalker2309
26th Nov 2007, 15:06
i'm running windows XP and i'm just trying to default intall it on english

Am guessing you are not in england tho.. If you run MSINFO32 (go to start/run and type msinfo32 and press enter) Under system Summary what does it say is your Locale.

Zohaib
26th Nov 2007, 23:29
United states... Does that even matter? I'll try this install on my brothers computer

jaywalker2309
27th Nov 2007, 10:48
Just trying to find a pattern.

US english is definitely a supported Language. We'd heard a report from someone running a strange hybrid OS and language packs which wasnt a supported language etc.

There are numerous entries on Google for that error relating to Installshield. Have you tried any of those suggested fixes?

MenaceLegend
25th Dec 2007, 22:42
I have the same error. I cannot install the game due to that error.

I was using Japanese in my language settings, but I've switched it to Canada. Same problem.

It doesn't even get to the part where we pick where to install it. You pop in the CD, click yes, you want to install Kane and Lynch.
When install shield pops up saying you are about to install Kane and Lynch, error.

I've tried the Installshield user profile solution, but nothing seemed to be wrong with my user account. There's some bit about editing or deleting something in my registry, but I don't want to try any of that until someone else tries it for this game specifically cause I don't want to screw up my system. I'm not that great on computers. Other solutions from Installshield suggests that I buy their product. I will not do that.

Candle
25th Dec 2007, 23:37
That sucks

jaywalker2309
2nd Jan 2008, 08:31
I have the same error. I cannot install the game due to that error.

I was using Japanese in my language settings, but I've switched it to Canada. Same problem.

It doesn't even get to the part where we pick where to install it. You pop in the CD, click yes, you want to install Kane and Lynch.
When install shield pops up saying you are about to install Kane and Lynch, error.

I've tried the Installshield user profile solution, but nothing seemed to be wrong with my user account. There's some bit about editing or deleting something in my registry, but I don't want to try any of that until someone else tries it for this game specifically cause I don't want to screw up my system. I'm not that great on computers. Other solutions from Installshield suggests that I buy their product. I will not do that.

Have you tried just copying the folder from the disc onto your hard disc into a folder (if you copy the program files folder directly from the disc it will create the eidos folder etc) then manually install Live from the disc.