PDA

View Full Version : I fixed the startup crash, lets hope it works for everyone

clownman64
25th Nov 2007, 21:42
I just put my directx sound hardware acceleration all the way up and the game worked fine.

start>run>dxdiag>sound 1> crank the hardware sound acceleration all the way up.
worked for me, hope this helps.

jaywalker2309
26th Nov 2007, 11:18
Vista users wont get that unfortunately as Vista removed DirectSound.

However does raise an interesting point. The game uses OpenAL for audio rendering. Its installed automatically via the installer, however some people may uninstall it, or have an older version installed etc.. Try uninstalling openal from add/remove programs and download the latest version here (http://developer.creative.com/articles/article.asp?cat=1&sbcat=31&top=38&aid=46)

Juanlo
26th Nov 2007, 16:46
Is there any way to disable OpenAL hardware acceleration?. I'm having crash to desktop problems with this game. I had those issues in Unreal Tournament 3 and got them fixed by disabling OpenAL. In UT3 only happens with X-Fi cards with X-RAM (like mine). I wonder if this problem could affect Kane & Lynch too.

clownman64
26th Nov 2007, 22:50
Is there any way to disable OpenAL hardware acceleration?. I'm having crash to desktop problems with this game. I had those issues in Unreal Tournament 3 and got them fixed by disabling OpenAL. In UT3 only happens with X-Fi cards with X-RAM (like mine). I wonder if this problem could affect Kane & Lynch too.

U can switch to directsound in game in the audio options.

Keir
27th Nov 2007, 18:48
I just put my directx sound hardware acceleration all the way up and the game worked fine.

Cool, thanks for letting us know. Has this been working for others?

PDC_Emulator
27th Nov 2007, 19:37
Cool, thanks for letting us know. Has this been working for others?

Yes. But on mine I had to turn the acceleration down to work. its seems the startup crashes are related to sound acceleration.

Keir
27th Nov 2007, 20:18
Yes. But on mine I had to turn the acceleration down to work. its seems the startup crashes are related to sound acceleration.

Cool, thanks for letting me know :thumbsup:

RoundInTriangles
10th Dec 2007, 21:46
It didn't work for me.
I had the hardware accelerator originally turned all the way up, tried turning it down but still, the crashes preserved.

Eldrac
11th Dec 2007, 10:33
It didn't work for me.
I had the hardware accelerator originally turned all the way up, tried turning it down but still, the crashes preserved.
Same here, turned it up and down, this all started happening since I installed the updated X-Fi drivers for my sound-card. Maybe I should try rolling them back to standard, or turn down the cards acceleration.

snubbeltramp
11th Dec 2007, 12:55
my crashes to. or at least it goes in slowmotion!
using soundmax drivers for my soundcard.

turned up and down the acc. at dxdiag

jaywalker2309
12th Dec 2007, 09:01
my crashes to. or at least it goes in slowmotion!
using soundmax drivers for my soundcard.

turned up and down the acc. at dxdiag

Purely for `diagnostic` purposes have you tried disabling your soundcard and see if that makes a difference. Am trying to remember if game works if it doesnt detect a sound device.

ilifia
4th Oct 2009, 07:10
ERROR:
AppName: kaneandlynch.exe AppVer: 1.0.0.129 ModName: kaneandlynch.exe
ModVer: 1.0.0.129 Offset: 00048024

Any help???

bluedolphin
20th Aug 2010, 09:53
HI,

I had the same problem, the game would crash as soon as you would stat it. I fixed it up by enabling DirectDraw Acceleration in my dirextx properties :scratch:

bizzRX
20th Aug 2010, 15:18
hi guys!

i recently purchased k&l2 dog days....and i thought i'll replay k&l1 dead men just to freshen up on the story a bit...
I already played this game back when it was released on WinXP, now I grabbed the disc from the shelf, installed it & it came up with this runtime error @ startup (i have XP SP3 now).

I looked at the solutions everyone posted and basically tried every single one of them.....neither one worked. I deleted & reinstalled: DirectX, Visual C++ Runtime 2005, 2008 + SPs, Microsoft .NET (all versions + SPs), video drivers, sound drivers, mainboard drivers, openAL, EAX, Games for Windows Live & Redist....everything

i have tried running it on every possible sound acceleration level in dx diag...no luck

it's not working, but how? it did back then....same computer
i also tried with the old XliveRedist that came with the game on the disk...same error

thing is...didn't this game have a config window BEFORE you launched it?? it always ran at the first time you started the game & you could set your resolution & other stuff in it.....didn't came in for me...
could there be command line parameter for it. like "-setup" or "-config"? (these are not it..)
note 2: wasn't this the game that messed with your USB ports & you had to disable something in Hardware Device Magager to get it to work??

when i start it, a loading bar comes in & then the crash...not even a video starts (shouldn't this be starting with the intro?) maybe it's the bink system that's faulty...

or what about the main.ini file.......does someone know how to set the sound to software or resolution to 1024x768 in it? (maybe someone who got it running should share the config file, it's in: Docs&Settings\...username...\Local Settings\AppData\kaneandlynch)

any help would be appreciated...

ps: oh and another thing.....i don't know why, but i tried running this game in SandBoxie and looks like it did something with the file: "C:\Docs&Settings\..user..\LocalSettings\AppData\Microsoft\Xlive\Titles\..\config.bin" & also it messed something with IE cookies...dont know what this is, but might help

austin2012
31st Dec 2010, 09:48
hi can u let me know where can i enable Direct Draw Acceleration

HI,

I had the same problem, the game would crash as soon as you would stat it. I fixed it up by enabling DirectDraw Acceleration in my dirextx properties :scratch:

jam13
1st Jan 2011, 11:14
hi can u let me know where can i enable Direct Draw Acceleration

Here!