PDA

View Full Version : 64-Bit Compatibility

ksyme99
24th Nov 2007, 22:06
Now, I don't know if this is jsut me, but I just installed and tried to run the game on 64-bit Vista and it fails to launch because it seems to sue some 16-bit code in Launcher.exe. I have no idea if there is a way to get around this, but there shouldnt have to be - Games for Windows games MUST have supprot for both XP and Vista 32 and 64 bits versions, I am certain that is part of the deal. Does anyone else have this problem???

MisterG
24th Nov 2007, 22:29
http://forums.eidosgames.com/showpost.php?p=708404&postcount=3

perhaps it helps

ksyme99
24th Nov 2007, 23:11
Tried it and it didn't change anything. :( Still getting an error about 16bit applications not compatible with 64bit OS/hardware with the Launcher.exe.

Xcom
25th Nov 2007, 12:17
Here's a silly question: did you try skipping the launcher and running kaneandlynch.exe directly?

ksyme99
25th Nov 2007, 12:42
Yes - by running that though it seems to launch Launcher.exe anyway. Although, they do give two slightly different error messages (both saying the same thing really though).

launcher.exe:
Error Box Title - Launcher.exe file path
Error Box Message - The version of this file is not compatible with the version of Windows you're running. Check your computer's system information to see whether you need an x86 (32-bit) or x64 (64-bit) version of the program, and then contact the software publisher.

kaneandlynch.exe:
Error Box Title - Unsupported 16-bit Application
Error Box Message - The program or feature "<launcher.exe file path>" cannot start or run due to incompatibility with 64-bit versions of Windows. Please contact the software vendor to ask if a 64-bit Windows compatibile version is avaliable.

So hopefully you see that by running kaneandlynch.exe, it still doesn't run as it complains about Launcher.exe anyway.

Xcom
25th Nov 2007, 12:59
Okay, I see. Strange though. I thought somebody with 64bit Vista was running it fine. :scratch:

ksyme99
25th Nov 2007, 20:27
Okay, I see. Strange though. I thought somebody with 64bit Vista was running it fine. :scratch:

Yeah, I have seen someone on another thread running it. This is why I am quite confused. I am going to try putting on an XP 32-bit partition and testing it in that, been meaning to do it for a while and now have a good reason to!

jaywalker2309
26th Nov 2007, 12:43
Its a requirement of Games for Windows Live that the title works on 64bit..

I have a 64bit machine within my dept thats ran the game fully through.
Fact you are getting an error on both exes suggests that they are not what we put on the disc in someway.

Can you confirm the time/date/digital signature of the exes

All the exes are signed. IF they are not signed then they are not official.

Juanlo
26th Nov 2007, 16:37
Vista64 here, the game installs and starts with no problems. Crahes to desktop later, but I have posted it into another thread.

ksyme99
27th Nov 2007, 23:47
Just to say I got it working - turns out the exe was corrupt (did an md5 check against a friends exe) which made the header corrupt and so for some reason Vista thought it was a 16bit program...ran chkdsk and it found some problems which it said it fixed, so uninstalled and reinstalled and it runs now. Well kinda, get the R6025 error under 64-bit Vista but not 32-bit XP, but that's another thread.