PDA

View Full Version : Bad performance on 8800gts & dual core

lordshoot2kill
24th Nov 2007, 21:00
I am getting really bad frame rate drops at certain parts, mainly on the bank level and the first, but all levels are effected. Iv'e tryed it on all low graphics and its the same, i even lowered the screen res, but it remains really slow in parts. Anyone know a solution? I can play crysis on with most options on high and others on very high smoothly, so why can't i play this.

Operating system;
Im using windows vista 32bit, all updates installed and latest video drivers.

Hardware;
Intel Core 2 duo 6400 @2.13GHz
3gb of ram
8800gts 320mb

Avoc271
24th Nov 2007, 21:06
This is also my concern, from the times were I alt-tabbed to play the single player game. The frame rate dropped at random times.

MisterG
24th Nov 2007, 21:34
Installes Vista fixes from the sticky post?

lordshoot2kill
24th Nov 2007, 21:59
Installes Vista fixes from the sticky post?

I went to do them but it came up with a message saying they are already installed.

UncleLou
24th Nov 2007, 22:47
Same here. PC kept clean and fresh for gaming, and I rarely have issues I can't (at least with the help of forums) fix easily. But K&L is doing my head in. It's terribly jerky, whether I am playing maxed out on 1600*1200 or on the lowest settings in 1024*768.

C2D 6750, 8800 GTS 640 MB, 2 GB.

Tried it on Vista (hotfixes are installed) and my XP partition, with the same result. Someone somewhere made the observation that it seems to be people with Intel Dualcores that have problems...

lordshoot2kill
25th Nov 2007, 11:44
Is anyone ever gonna fix this because its very annoying:mad:

Xcom
25th Nov 2007, 12:13
Someone somewhere made the observation that it seems to be people with Intel Dualcores that have problems...

Following on that thought, did anyone try setting affinity for one core only?

chip5541
25th Nov 2007, 12:54
Is anyone ever gonna fix this because its very annoying:mad:

Patience grasshoppa!

http://www.televisionheaven.co.uk/kungfu.jpg

Rushgfx
26th Nov 2007, 12:42
Patience grasshoppa!

http://www.televisionheaven.co.uk/kungfu.jpg

ha, though i think he should not have to be patient, I can understand that computer products have errors, these days even more then a few years ago, but its a shame that some of the most respected (in my view) developers rush out games before christmas (and if christmas aint the reason, why let a game hit the stores when its full of bugs?)... This is the 2nd game ive been ''trying'' to play with windows live implemented, thus the 2nd game that did not work instantly... (Gears of war took me about 9 hours to fix... eventually 9 hours to finish the entire game) ugh... complaining doesnt help, but i hope my vote counts, if i say... let there be a fix. I want to play this game with a normal FPS count. and COOP with my friend on 2 different pcs. (LAN)

thank you!