PDA

View Full Version : Umahs demise..

Sparkus816
24th Nov 2007, 19:51
Just wondering why Umah is held in such high regard? She was a traitor,(perhaps not to the Cabal), who died by Kains hands in BO2. :lol: Which I rather enjoy watching getting dispatched by the way. Can anybody justify why she was important at all? Besides her obvious sex appeal, and teaching you how to play BO2, what damn good was she?:scratch:

Zangetsu101
25th Nov 2007, 01:56
Hmm...I think it's cuz she was trying to protect the Vampires because she didn't trust what Kain would do.

Umah:
Tell me one thing, Kain, before we go in.
If you do kill the Sarafan Lord, and recover the Soul Reaver, what then?

Kain:
You know the answer to that.

Umah:
Tell me.

Kain:
Then Meridian, and all Nosgoth will become mine.

Umah:
And the Vampire Resistance?

Kain: (shrugging)
Well you may do whatever you wish, of course.

Umah: (quietly)
Of course.

Umah quickly grabs the Nexus Stone from Kain's chest and wears it herself.

Kain:
What!

Umah:
Do you take me for a fool?

Kain:
You dare -

Umah:
Vorador has told me all your stories, Kain. He said that you would stop at nothing to achieve your great ambition - absolute power.
And when you control Nosgoth, are we to believe that you would let us vampires live and do what we wish? We are the only ones who could stand in your way.
No. You will have to hunt us down and kill us, and how is that different from the rule of the Sarafan Lord?

Kain:
I will not defend or explain my actions to you, Umah. No one, not even you, will stand in my way!

Umah starts to walk away, stepping backwards, never taking her eyes off him.

Umah:
I thank you, Kain, for giving us this chance to defeat the Hylden for all time. But you have done enough. I shall be the one to find and kill the Sarafan Lord, and Nosgoth shall belong to the vampires once again.

Kain:
You fool. You have not the smallest chance of surviving such a battle.
Now, give me the Nexus Stone, or I shall pry it from your thieving fingers as you convulse in death.

Umah:
Now the beast shows his true nature... and so quickly, too. I wish it had been otherwise for us, Kain.

Sparkus816
25th Nov 2007, 04:13
Umm Ya.:scratch:

alepu
25th Nov 2007, 06:00
I also thought she was useless. Her character didn't have any depth whatsoever...

Sparkus816
25th Nov 2007, 23:43
I just thought it was kinda funny that the moderator chose to be Umah..:lol:

dragonfly2
25th Nov 2007, 23:58

Carefull Umah is still a LOK character and what names ppl choose is thier business. Besides Umah Bloodomen is a cool Flashy name.:p

weaponx
26th Nov 2007, 03:43
I also thought she was useless. Her character didn't have any depth whatsoever...

i believe Umah had the potential to be an excellent character but she got killed off too soon to really see her in depth and on top of that the beginning of the game she was a guide, but don't forget EG was merely a guide in SR1 and then he became the bad guy through SR2 and Defiance

Zangetsu101
26th Nov 2007, 04:08
True true...she could have made Sparkus into a Vampire Cookie Fiend (nice one dragon) lol j/k, Seriously though I read somewhere in a post on one of the LOK forums here that when Umah dies there's something everyone misses..An outline of a person with tattered wings comes along and picks her up and takes her away..namely to revive her with the heart of Darkness (the being I think is suppose to Raziel)..I was wondering if this was perhaps true?

dragonfly2
26th Nov 2007, 04:12
First I've heard about it.

Zangetsu101
26th Nov 2007, 04:13
I'll see if I can find the thread then :whistle:

dragonfly2
26th Nov 2007, 04:14
It might be a fan fic.

Zangetsu101
26th Nov 2007, 04:44
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

BOW DOWN TO MY SUPREMACY! I FOUND IT!

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=12830

it's the post by xarax but I suggest reading the thread up till his post or the entire thread to get an idea of what's going on.

dragonfly2
26th Nov 2007, 05:23
believe I came across this before in that thread but paid it no mind which I will do now cause there is no dark being whisking umah off to safety in the game.

Umah Bloodomen
26th Nov 2007, 16:48

Good.

Carefull Umah is still a LOK character and what names ppl choose is thier business. Besides Umah Bloodomen is a cool Flashy name.:p

Indeed. :thumbsup:

If anyone is dying to know though, I elected to use this moniker because:

Umah caught my attention as being very mysterious and as a promising new character in the early trailers of Blood Omen 2
She wears a killer purple outfit (purple being my favorite color and no pun intended) ;)
She's an outcast and not the most popular of individuals (victims of my "wrath" would concur) :lol:
Blood Omen is still my favorite game in the series (hence the homage)

I've never claimed she was the greatest character in the series, and have pointed out on many occasions (in various older threads) where she could've been improved upon.

I do recommend this Umah Discussion (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=2060&highlight=thesis)

I even wrote a very creative fan fic (back in the day) which would've made for a great turn of events for Umah. (I'm sure that's hanging around somewhere).

Long story short, I had my reasons for selecting my moniker and am highly indifferent to the amusement others find in my doing so. I enjoy the moniker and that's that.

Hmm....Sparkus I suspect the following will happen to you.

The Vengeance of Umah BloodOmen (Not quite sure about the spaces in the name, correct me if I'm wrong plz so I can edit :D )

You're good, although I don't use a capitalized 'O' in "omen". ;)

Sparkus816
26th Nov 2007, 22:04
I see Umah, please dont take mistake my question as a form of disrespect.**** However if anybody was a herione, it would have had to been Areial. I cant imagine the horrors one would face, being tied to the pillars for centuries. Although being trapped in a sword couldn't be much better. Thanks Zang for the bizzare story of cookie vampirism, it brought a much needed smile.:lol:

Umah Bloodomen
27th Nov 2007, 16:37
I see Umah, please dont take mistake my question as a form of disrespect.**** However if anybody was a herione, it would have had to been Areial. I cant imagine the horrors one would face, being tied to the pillars for centuries. Although being trapped in a sword couldn't be much better. Thanks Zang for the bizzare story of cookie vampirism, it brought a much needed smile.:lol:

No offense, taken, Sparkus. Just needed to vent a little. ;)

In regards to Ariel, while I like her, I'm not quite sure I'd go as far as to say a (somewhat) "crazy" and "resentful"/"bitter" spirit is the ideal model for a heroine. She has her moments, I guess. ;)

Sparkus816
27th Nov 2007, 22:08
Well Im sure anybody could be a little pissy after being trapped to the pillars. However, I have to credit Aerial for keeping it 'mostly' together. Im mean her man sowed his eyes shut, she was murdered, and Kain refused the sacrifice. Talk about being born under a bad sign:lol: However I have a few questions for you Umah: Being the moderater of this site would you be the first to know of a new installment? Also, how did you come about this position? Are you on the Eidos payroll, or do you do this of your own free will?:scratch: Also Umah is pretty much done Im sure Kain ripped her to shreds!!

Umah Bloodomen
28th Nov 2007, 17:07
However I have a few questions for you Umah: Being the moderater of this site would you be the first to know of a new installment? Also, how did you come about this position? Are you on the Eidos payroll, or do you do this of your own free will?:scratch: Also Umah is pretty much done Im sure Kain ripped her to shreds!!

I've reported what my sources in The Cabal have allowed me to report. Feel free to take that as you will. ;) I am not on the Eidos payroll and was approached by the administration to assist with the moderation of the boards because of my contributions as a member. (Eidos has since resorted to promoting from within their employee base).

With that said, I'm more than happy to answer questions such as these, however, it's best to do that via private channels (PM's and/or email) so as to avoid taking this thread further off topic.

Thanks!

Umah Bloodomen
29th Nov 2007, 12:36
Once again, let's return this thread to its original topic. If you want to post further off-topic posts, do so via private channels (PM's and/or email) or create a thread to do so in the LOK General Discussion area (where said posts are being moved).

Thanks.

Zangetsu101
30th Nov 2007, 01:18
Ah I see so that's why it was moved..cool! *looks through thread to find out what this thread was about in the first place :lmao:* I think Umah is held in such high reagard because when you think about it...SHE WAS THE ONLY FEMALE VAMPIRE BESIDES VORADOR'S BRIDES (hey is that why Vorador feels so jibbed when he finds out Kain kills her?) AFTER THE ANCIENT VAMPIRES THAT EXISTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND WHOM THE LOK FANS HAVE CONNECTED WITH IN A SENSE :lmao:

I mean think about it..before the timeline change that occured in SR2 technically speaking after Vorador's brides...there were no more female vampires....I have no idea what that says about Kain but maybe he lost his sense of ...ya know after being corrupted....

dumah's wraith
30th Nov 2007, 19:47
Who says that some of the enemies you fought in SR1 weren't female? Maybe they were just too devolved for you to be able to tell.

Zangetsu101
30th Nov 2007, 22:28
That's true lemme rephrase that "Only PROMINENT female character" hoped that cleared it up a bit :D

Soap Lady
2nd Dec 2007, 07:29
Look at it this way: Umah had to betray Kain and she had to die.

This is mostly conjecture but those of us who know the story of Judas Iscariot know that he betrayed Jesus with a kiss for forty pieces of silver. After learning of Christ's death he tried to return the money and then hung himself.

As horrid as his actions were, they were necessary in order for Jesus to fulfill his destiny to die for the sins of humanity. Had Judas not betrayed Christ his destiny might have gone astray.

Umah is Kain's Judas and a bit player in his destiny. Kain is the Scion of Balance and meant to restore the pillars to vampire control, the fulcrum of which all of Nosgoth turns. Raziel is meant to be both saviors but cannot fulfill his role if he is not resurrected.

Had Umah become Kain's queen there is a possibility Raziel would never have been born again as a vampire so for the sake of Nosgoth's future, she had to be eliminated.

Raziel becomes stronger by absorbing his brethren's abilities so they are also necessary. This makes the Cabal a bit superfluous. One could even say Umah's betrayal helps with Kain's destiny by making him distrustful of anyone besides those he himself has raised. Hence the vampire lieutenants.

Or as Kain might put it; She was a pebble blocking destiny and had to be expelled.

Or perhaps the writers of BO2 wrote themselves into a corner and bumped her off to fix it.

Just my thoughts,

SL

Zangetsu101
5th Dec 2007, 07:19
I think writing themselves into a corner sounds about right. Because when you think about it there are multiple "paths" and therefore multiple possibillties of waht could have happenned during that era..if this were not true then Kain's actions in SR2 could not have changed the timeline so that "BO2" was created.

Also if Umah had become Kain's Queen I think besides the fact he'd have to take out time for the Missus he may not have made as much progress as he would have alone...or maybe he would have made more. What's interesting to note is that everything seems to be accomodating to Raziel, I mean Raziel's memories don't change when the events in SR2 take place only Kain's.

exmachinad
20th Dec 2007, 17:34
Come on, Umah was cool. :)

She was trying to do what she thought to be the best for her race, but got killed by Kain in the meantime. :D She was a traitor to Kain, sure, but very loyal to the vampire race. ;)

Too bad the devs didn't have time to add her while still human in Defiance, it would have helped to make her a more interesting character with more info about her.

Sparkus816
21st Dec 2007, 04:35
Nothing against the female vampires out there, but Umah wasn't that great of a character. She was Voradors little lap dog, and a threat to Kains new empire. Kain knew she was small potatos from the first time he reluctently rescued her. But Umah snatching the Nexus stone was the last straw. Taking the only defense against the Soul Reaver, Kain was right to kill her! :lol:

exmachinad
21st Dec 2007, 13:56
But Umah snatching the Nexus stone was the last straw. Taking the only defense against the Soul Reaver, Kain was right to kill her!

No he wasn't. Young Kain is a plainly greedy character that wants everything to himself.

Just watched the cutscene of he killing Umah today and it is pretty emotional. The begging tone of Umah, the cold, laconic words of Kain... pretty nice cinematic. After it I wish I could kill Kain myself. :nut:

She was Voradors little lap dog...

Well, one can say that in SR1 Raziel was Elder God's lapdog. ;) :cool:

fneh
21st Dec 2007, 17:56
.... wasn't soon enough!

She was the single worst designed character out of every lok game.

"hmmm..... we should finally put a female vamp in one of the games... I KNOW!!! let's give her skimpy purple spandex and a huge rack!!!"

**OH-SO-ORIGINAL**

she COULD have been so much more. There should have been more innuendo between her and vorador for starters. They all acted like they didn't even notice there was a girl in a TINY outfit there.

Kain - "hey. umm........ vor.... look at the LEGS on that!!! Is she one of yours.....?"

Sparkus816
22nd Dec 2007, 02:35
I played Bo2 recently, and was Kain greedy? Of course! However in that moment Kain was a bit sympathetic, crediting Umah on how she was brave to try to kill the Sarafan Lord. However Kain was the destined Scion of Balance. If Umah had lost the stone to the Hylden, than Nosgoth would have been lost to that demonic race. Kain knew if he revived Umah, he would just have another advisary later. :scratch:

ammon
27th Dec 2007, 12:07
when i first played BO2 and saw a love-intrest developing between kain and umah, i was jumping for joy when she popped it (being a female lok fan :D - kain is mine!!!)
but the more i played bo2 the more i started to like umah - she was strong, inderpendant, helpfull, and sometimes creepy, and she has muscles!
so i felt sorry for her when she died
because she was actually a victim - all she had to go by of kain was what vorador had told her (that he would stop at nothing and do anything to get what he wants) and kain freeing her from the stronghold was in some way afferming the way she thought about kain (that he asked her what she knew)
so when she took the stone, she did it because she wanted her kind to be free and not ruled by a tyrant and slaughtered for fun
she is a tragic figure

Carnivorous Licks
28th Nov 2008, 11:17
I don't particularly like Umah but I have to say something random...

I do think her voice actress did a fantastic job in her death scene.

Raziel'sRevenge
5th Dec 2008, 00:09
Umah could have been more well developed, she simply didn't get enough time in the game to really get her personality out. I'll be the first one to say, she got what she had coming, if for no other reason than she should have known that if she failed Kain would be sure to kill her for betraying him, and if she succeeded then Kain would be sure to kill her for betraying him. But if we want to go deeper into that then she really was giving up her life to save the vampire race. She knew she was dead the second she touched the Nexus Stone, it was simply a matter of when. What she should have seen was that pissing off Kain was not a good way to ensure the safety of their race. He's been known to be more than a little vendictive, as well as extremely clever at times, and pacient, and good at acting the role that will ensure the best outcome for him. What Umah didn't know was Kain's capacity to respect, reward, and give friendship to those loyal to him. I know I know, you're all thinking of the Abyss instantly, and true, that's a bit against what I just said, in fact more than a bit lol, but think about how he reacted when he saw what Magnus went through in the eternal prison. He didn't just coldly put him out of his misery, he actually genuinely cared about his friend and the suffering he went through. Kain may be ruethless, but he's also just in his own way. Had Umah known all of this, perhaps things would have been different, but she was filled with the stories that Vorador told her, so she choose the wrong path. Umah's death: Sad? Yes. Deserving? Most definitely yes.

Linikratyo
5th Dec 2008, 19:46
I think Umah has a good idea of a character and I would gladly see her back. I think though that her character wasn't working out in BO2 I would still like to see her in The Dark Prophecy, maybe her character can then get more depth...

Raziel'sRevenge
11th Dec 2008, 20:06
I think Umah has a good idea of a character and I would gladly see her back. I think though that her character wasn't working out in BO2 I would still like to see her in The Dark Prophecy, maybe her character can then get more depth...

Just so everyone knows "The Dark Prophecy" isn't a confirmed LOK game, in fact it's a game that was trashed and replaced with Defiance. (I just don't want people to suddenly explode the forums lol)

RainaAudron
11th Dec 2008, 20:58
How did you come up to such a conclusion? HavenĀ“t they began to work on it after Defiance???:confused:

mort
12th Dec 2008, 00:03
she was a short plot line in the game like the doll maker of king otman.

some one there to fill a gap (in this case the tutorial) and provide you with hints as to what you were to do.

basically she was the same as ariel in SR1, just there and slightly usfull.

as for here being a traitor, no. look at it this way, she backstabbed kain BUT her loyalty was never to kain but to the cabal. kain on the other hand was always out for himself, as is clear throughout the whole game. neather are traitors as they both make it clear they are not on the same side but are only working together to defeat a common enamie.

Linikratyo
12th Dec 2008, 00:10
she was a short plot line in the game like the doll maker of king otman.

some one there to fill a gap (in this case the tutorial) and provide you with hints as to what you were to do.

basically she was the same as ariel in SR1, just there and slightly usfull.

as for here being a traitor, no. look at it this way, she backstabbed kain BUT her loyalty was never to kain but to the cabal. kain on the other hand was always out for himself, as is clear throughout the whole game. neather are traitors as they both make it clear they are not on the same side but are only working together to defeat a common enemy.

I think you have explained it correctly!! :thumb:

mort
12th Dec 2008, 20:10
pluss, im glad that she was a part of the story and that kain killed her (as part of the story, not that i had anything against her) as it shows the full extent of kains corruption. its clear that umah is the love of kains life as she is the only person that you see him care about (other than raziel but thats a father son relationship imo like with janous and vorador).

in all truth i wouldnt mind umah being mentioned in a later game, not redone or anything (unless the time lines cross over and you go back to the time and place she would be) but just a mention like at the end of bo2 just to show kain still has a side to him that is human and cares about a very few other beings.

(edit)

pluss it would be interesting to know what happened to the other vampires after kain raised to power. the probably got killed but still, you never know the full story till you've gone throught it all

hellwalker
20th Dec 2008, 04:21
I liked umah, but seeing that episode where kain kills her was totally worth her death.