PDA

View Full Version : Isnt it time for patch?!

mytech
24th Nov 2007, 08:45
not to mention an announce?!

I mean, the sound is very buggy, there is a stuttering every 3 seconds, the coop only works with a xbox 360 controller(but i couldnt see anything that require a xbox controller on the package) and the controls are really bad. This is swindling. And for the sound problems, no i wont change my directx sound accelarator because eidos have to find a problem for their game, not me. And yes, i am not the only one who has this problems. It is unbelievable that one has to modify a lot of settings to play a pc game without problems(not only for Kane & Lynch). A few years ago, one could play a game with a mid range graphic on the highest settings, now you cant play a game with the best graphic card without stuttering.

Jeron
24th Nov 2007, 10:11
Well I don't have sound problems, nor do I have framerate problems.
So the problem isn't the game, it's your pc.

The people you should hate for this xbox controller and windows live mess is Microsoft. They force everyone to use their products.

mytech
24th Nov 2007, 12:53
Why it is Microsoft. Are they forcing everyone to use their software. I dont think so, because Eidos can choose if they want or not. Ans maybe, you are one of the lucky ones because it works well but read the topics. There are lots of people who has this problems. And if they force, Eidos has to write it on the package that one require Xbox Controllers for Co-Op

Xcom
24th Nov 2007, 13:28
It's kind of early to expect a patch now. You never know of course, but the game has just been released in EU (like yesterday). I think it will take time to gather and process all feedback.

sublime90
24th Nov 2007, 13:50
the only problems ive ever had on PC with this game is sound. very rarely but has happened is kane will say something to lynch, lynch responds with no audio though i just see the words on the bottom. its either an audio problem or im stnading to far away from him, a few times after running up to him i heard him more clearly. besides that....patches? we dont need no stinkin patches!

MisterG
24th Nov 2007, 14:01
Give the guys time for feedback and the patch, games was just released!

sleeper707
24th Nov 2007, 17:31
I hope we get new FA maps in addition to the fixes.

SpecSniper
24th Nov 2007, 19:46
You know Judging from the bad grammer and the 90 in your name your not even old enough to be playing kane and lynch. Not to mention your knowledge is very limited how can they help you if you have no idea what your talking about and mommy bought the game for you? lol?

sublime90
24th Nov 2007, 20:21
no speakity english, your mom bought it for me, mine wouldnt

mytech
24th Nov 2007, 20:45
the only problems ive ever had on PC with this game is sound. very rarely but has happened is kane will say something to lynch, lynch responds with no audio though i just see the words on the bottom. its either an audio problem or im stnading to far away from him, a few times after running up to him i heard him more clearly. besides that....patches? we dont need no stinkin patches!

Man, you are crazy! Because it works fine for you, we dont need a patch? You dont need a patch, but i need it like a few another guys who has bought the game.

Deviancy
24th Nov 2007, 20:54
There are sound issues when you use directsound rather than OpenAL. If you go into add/remove programs you'll see that K&L also installed a program called OpenAL. If you go into Audio and set it to OpenAL it'll fix a lot of your issues. Directsound just was buggy for me. It could be because I'm using onboard sound now. I gave up on Creatives products due other developers not focussing on optimizing their games to run on them. But IO may still be keen on Creative.

MisterG
24th Nov 2007, 20:56
Thats right, it installes OPenAL!

Avoc271
24th Nov 2007, 21:11
I would think it may be a good idea to include the patch with the release of the game.

I believe with this new method it would allow the fan based to be satisfied and also allow more word to mouth of the games strong points.

I feel it is never to early to fix a broken released game.

Mortadare
25th Nov 2007, 08:16
It's kind of early to expect a patch now. You never know of course, but the game has just been released in EU (like yesterday). I think it will take time to gather and process all feedback.

I hate to say this... but seeing all of the people pissed off and having issues with the game, begging for fixes in sound issues, crashes, general bugginess... I think we are well entitled to expect a patch to fix all of this. As consumers we expect a working version of software when we put down our hard earned cash. If it isn't working right away we expect it to be fixed ASAP. It is coming up on a week and I have only gotten to play the first level because of random crashes and framerate issues.

We have a limited time to return the game for our money (to eidos, since no store will take it back when it is opened) and I would rather give the game an honest shot instead of giving up and having a sour taste in my mouth for all future games. The more time you take to patch, the less time I have to make my choice of angry and disappointed consumer.

chip5541
25th Nov 2007, 11:20
Guys, it is the weekend and besides for US users it was also a Holiday. Give them a chance to look into what is creating some of the issues and work on a patch.

Xcom
25th Nov 2007, 12:15
I think we are well entitled to expect a patch to fix all of this.

I didn't say you can't expect the patch, I said it takes time to make one.

mytech
25th Nov 2007, 15:21
There are sound issues when you use directsound rather than OpenAL. If you go into add/remove programs you'll see that K&L also installed a program called OpenAL. If you go into Audio and set it to OpenAL it'll fix a lot of your issues. Directsound just was buggy for me. It could be because I'm using onboard sound now. I gave up on Creatives products due other developers not focussing on optimizing their games to run on them. But IO may still be keen on Creative.

I've looked in the settings and it was already on OpenAl. I've changed it but it doesnt worked.

Psykopig
25th Nov 2007, 18:20
Well here is the problem... a company that produces a product that doesn't work properly and doesn't test it to make sure it works properly, doesn't get a holiday.

They release the game early, to get thier money in before christmas....i gave them my money....why doesn't my game work yet?

There should have been a hotfix out before the release day! When they shipped the game out and they were hopefully looking at it...and they realise the pc version crashes every hour or so, they should have fixed it, right then and there.

ren128
25th Nov 2007, 18:26
I hope the solve some graphic issues like this:

http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/8053/lulzoi9.jpg (http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/8053/lulzoi9.jpg)
http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/6757/lulz2vp9.jpg

even having everything (drivers and DirectX) up to date

ChinaWhite
26th Nov 2007, 03:17
Try using driver cleaner, and re-install them, if no go try using an old driver set.

jaywalker2309
26th Nov 2007, 13:11
I hope the solve some graphic issues like this:

http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/8053/lulzoi9.jpg (http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/8053/lulzoi9.jpg)
http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/6757/lulz2vp9.jpg

even having everything (drivers and DirectX) up to date

Are you using official drivers, not beta? (latest doesnt always mean best if its not official - beta are never supported as they are exactly that, beta)

ren128
26th Nov 2007, 13:30
Are you using official drivers, not beta? (latest doesnt always mean best if its not official - beta are never supported as they are exactly that, beta)

downloaded from the same nvidia website...
anyway the game should work well with them since other games like crysis, cod4, gow or timeshift work well...

edit: ok, I've tried with non-beta drivers and the result is the same

jaywalker2309
26th Nov 2007, 13:34
downloaded from the same nvidia website...
anyway the game should work well with them since other games like crysis, cod4, gow or timeshift work well...

Drivers are fickle things. Many times a driver is released and it fixes 1 game, but can actually break other games.

When they break a game, they usually realise it and fix it in the next version (or make a subset instruction within the driver so that if it detects its the game they broke being loaded it uses a different section of the driver so as to not break it)

Keir
26th Nov 2007, 14:08
not to mention an announce?!

I mean, the sound is very buggy, there is a stuttering every 3 seconds, the coop only works with a xbox 360 controller(but i couldnt see anything that require a xbox controller on the package) and the controls are really bad. This is swindling. And for the sound problems, no i wont change my directx sound accelarator because eidos have to find a problem for their game, not me. And yes, i am not the only one who has this problems. It is unbelievable that one has to modify a lot of settings to play a pc game without problems(not only for Kane & Lynch). A few years ago, one could play a game with a mid range graphic on the highest settings, now you cant play a game with the best graphic card without stuttering.

I'm chasing up info about a patch now. Be assured I'll post it here as soon as I can. Thanks for your patience.

GlassComb
26th Nov 2007, 14:28
Any news on a patch yet? I know this is impatient, but the game should not have been released in this state.

Keir
26th Nov 2007, 16:15
Any news on a patch yet? I know this is impatient, but the game should not have been released in this state.

I should be able to give you some news in the next couple of days! Bear with me :)

Jammer007
26th Nov 2007, 19:35

Yeah games are release like this all the time. Several reasons ofcourse (deadlines, Publishers, Media). Plus all the multiplatforms and different PC configurations create unknown problems there were not tested or overlooked. I'm pretty sure the users on the forums have created alot of heat about the issues for them to start planning at least. I would wait till a patch comes out before tring to finish the game so it doesn't ruin the fun/enjoyment.

:nut: :nut: :nut: :nut:

Takai29
26th Nov 2007, 20:00
Yeah games are release like this all the time. Several reasons ofcourse (deadlines, Publishers, Media). Plus all the multiplatforms and different PC configurations create unknown problems there were not tested or overlooked. I'm pretty sure the users on the forums have created alot of heat about the issues for them to start planning at least. I would wait till a patch comes out before tring to finish the game so it doesn't ruin the fun/enjoyment.

:nut: :nut: :nut: :nut:

Another rule of thumb is; if you buy it at launch, expect it to be broken. I've yet to see a game come out that doesn't have 'game breaking' bugs in it. Always wait until after the first patch is released if you can keep patient long enough. :)

mytech
27th Nov 2007, 17:24
I've learned that today, it is normal to expect that a game doesnt work properly on the release day. There are a few companys that release a patch on the release day but I think Eidos gives a damn s*** on it. 4 days after release, not only a message that they are working on problems. A company that has released a buggy game hasnt got time to make holiday!

SpecSniper
27th Nov 2007, 21:14
no speakity english, your mom bought it for me, mine wouldnt

Wow that just shows how ignorant and a little child you are. I dont enough have to comment on this you just did it yourself :)

Takai29
27th Nov 2007, 22:48
I've learned that today, it is normal to expect that a game doesnt work properly on the release day. There are a few companys that release a patch on the release day but I think Eidos gives a damn s*** on it. 4 days after release, not only a message that they are working on problems. A company that has released a buggy game hasnt got time to make holiday!

*Very* Few companies have a patch out on release day. The major bugs that I've seen, appear to actually be related to very specific hardware configurations, and that's something that's incredibly difficult to test for with internal testing. Unfortunately with stand alone games like this, its not very common to have public betas which give the kind of feedback you would need to identify bugs like this early on.

The other problem is, you don't release updates to fix ONE bug, and if you rush to fix a bug, you may not catch all the different causes of that bug and fix it for 5 or 6 players instead of fixing it for 5 or 6 hundred players.

The mere fact that Eidos has been engaged on the forums and responding to posts so quickly (within an hour or two from what I've observed in most cases), speaks very well for the company.

Compare that to Microsoft whom I rarely EVER see respond to technical issues, and good luck getting a bug fix from them for most issues in a timely fashion.

*Cough* Xbox 360 backwards compatibility issues

I've been a VERY long time follower of Eidos games and I can assure you, if there's a problem it'll get fixed in a relatively timely fashion. :)

Crosiss
28th Nov 2007, 00:19
Thats why demos are a good thing. Face it they were scared to do a demo cause of the bugs. You didnt why next time do a demo. All of us where behind you guys (dev team) on this game instead you had to get yo money first, and burn us in the process. I hope you make it right very soon.

Takai29
28th Nov 2007, 01:03
Thats why demos are a good thing. Face it they were scared to do a demo cause of the bugs. You didnt why next time do a demo. All of us where behind you guys (dev team) on this game instead you had to get yo money first, and burn us in the process. I hope you make it right very soon.

Even demos aren't always the best way of testing, it uses the engine yes but the bugs (which are game breaking for me) didn't end up presenting themselves until well into the game. Some people have experienced them early on, but many are reporting them a few levels in.

Not to mention on games this scale (8GB installed) its very costly, and very difficult to setup demos.

I have to say something that is funny to me ...

Eidos has put out many games; Hitman, Tomb Raider, Deus Ex, Thief, and many many others. These games have amazing quality to them, great stories, and run exceptionally well -- minor bugs, but all were addressed along the way in bug fixes.

Now I realize its frustrating to put out $50, $60, $70, $90 for a game and then have it break but also I think Eidos has done well enough by gamers over the years with a solid track record that we can extend a little faith ourselves that the bugs we're all experiencing ... will be addressed.

Something of note; Microsoft is supposed to provide thorough testing before allowing games to bare the Games for Windows logo and emblem. Glad to see Microsoft's QA teams live up to their usual standard of excellence. :lol:

fury_161
28th Nov 2007, 05:09
Man, the game runs flawlessly for me, and I'm pretty pissy about the crappy network play and "co-op", I can only imagine how pissed off are the people who can't even play it due to unbearable stuttering. My buddy has a rig twice as good as mine, and he can only play it with 0 fps even on the lowest settings, and the models all just smoothshade and the lighting inverts.

I think it would have been a better idea to test this game a little longer on more then just one or two setups.

I'm just so disappointed overall with this game, I was really expecting a masterpiece with intense fun online play and co-op that'd be a blast to play through with my friends, and all I got was a four hour single-player campaign, oh and my friends can't play it due to mystical errors.

ChinaWhite
28th Nov 2007, 08:06
Keir, please could you add these issues to the list please...

On the third level after the training level, from time to time, if you walk up the patch to meet the lock breaker, half way up the path an invisible wall impedes progress and forces to quit to the main menu and restart the level as restart scene doesn't work.

When i start the game, instead of automatically logging me into Live with my credentials, it forces me to click ok. Something totally opposite to how seamless it works in gears of war which automatically logs me in, no questions asked. Also you cannot navigate the guide menu with a mouse, something which should not happen unless a gamepad is present. Navigating the guide menu can be done in Gears of War with a mouse pointer, which is how it's meant to work, when the main input device is present, be that gamepad or mouse.

Feedback to gameplay, allow gamers to change the kill time at the start of a Fragile Alliance game, too many times, I start and everyone just kills each other. I have yet to see a game where i can attempt to gather cash/stash.

indiaquinn
28th Nov 2007, 15:32
Though the crashes are a bit frustrating, I must compliment Keir with his commitment to be active on this forum.

There are many gaming companies that just say nothing. His relentless involvement in almost all topics earn my sympathy and therefor I have good hopes everything will be alright.

carbon
29th Nov 2007, 12:39
I read the Kane & Lynch topic from the GULLI gaming forum and I found strange sollution for all Windows XP SP2 users who can't run the game. Someone said that when he installed the Service Pack 3 RC1 for XP the game started to running fine.

http://board.gulli.com/thread/887127-kane-amp-lynch-dead-men---sammelthread/7/

EIDOS maybe look after some fixes that were included in SP3 RC1 and stop telling people that they have to update Windows XP with all the final hotfixes, because it isn't working.:mad2:

Although I'm still waiting for the patch because I don't want to install Windows Vista or Service Pack 3 Release Candidate 1 (which is still in preparation) to play this f... game.****

AMD Athlon 64 X2 4000, 2 GB RAM, GeForce 8600 GT, Realtek High Definition Audio; updated windows xp hotfixes, video card drivers and audio drivers

Swat
29th Nov 2007, 14:52
I read the Kane & Lynch topic from the GULLI gaming forum and I found strange sollution for all Windows XP SP2 users who can't run the game. Someone said that when he installed the Service Pack 3 RC1 for XP the game started to running fine.

You know that is it not the legal from Microsoft authorisized Version?

I got the same problem my game crashs back on Desktop, i dont can finished the first Chapter. All Drivers are updated. I read in a Forum the information that disableing the ATI VPU Recorder can help. And it to (for a while) now i can play 5 Minutes longer before the game crashes. I hope this Information can help to fix the bug.

System: AMD XP 3000+, 2GB DDR Ram, Windows XP prof (SP2), Ati Radeon x1600Pro

Kairiaku^
30th Nov 2007, 00:20
Just released, give time...
It is a PC game after all, not condoning it, but it's so easy to patch.
They release it still partically in beta :rolleyes:

alex5523
30th Nov 2007, 03:52
eidos is listening to the problems the only thing you all need to do is post your problem here so they can look at them as fast as posible

jaywalker2309
30th Nov 2007, 11:01

http://board.gulli.com/thread/887127-kane-amp-lynch-dead-men---sammelthread/7/

EIDOS maybe look after some fixes that were included in SP3 RC1 and stop telling people that they have to update Windows XP with all the final hotfixes, because it isn't working.:mad2:

Although I'm still waiting for the patch because I don't want to install Windows Vista or Service Pack 3 Release Candidate 1 (which is still in preparation) to play this f... game.****

AMD Athlon 64 X2 4000, 2 GB RAM, GeForce 8600 GT, Realtek High Definition Audio; updated windows xp hotfixes, video card drivers and audio drivers

We've not used SP3 at all in our testing as its not a released product.

Psykopig
30th Nov 2007, 18:07
Another rule of thumb is; if you buy it at launch, expect it to be broken. I've yet to see a game come out that doesn't have 'game breaking' bugs in it. Always wait until after the first patch is released if you can keep patient long enough. :)

Thats bull man.

I can honestly tell you, I have played almost every game on release days with no problems at all.

I think this game is one of the greats....but I hate the fact they didn't test it, didn't even bother to make ot for PC....its bull.

Its got nothing to do with smiley faces saying "oh, its launch, so it will be fixed later" it should have been tested first.

PainGiver
30th Nov 2007, 20:21
Yes, it is bull. Even if there are some games that do need a patch soon after release, there are plenty of games that play fine without a patch.

Also, the notion of putting out a demo to test the game is ludicrous. A demo is to display your game so people will buy it. Not to test the game code. If you want to test something, then you put out a test, but people get confused about the 2, which are mutually exclusive things. I have no problem with companies putting out a demo after the release, either weeks or months. There is no rule that says they have to put out a demo before release.

If you are bothered that you didn't get the demo before you bought the game, then guess what? It's your own fault, no one elses. If you didn't want to buy the game without trying it first, then wait for the demo. But, if you can't wait, then don't complain when it is less than you expected.

Jammer007
1st Dec 2007, 09:14
Thats bull man.

I can honestly tell you, I have played almost every game on release days with no problems at all.

I think this game is one of the greats....but I hate the fact they didn't test it, didn't even bother to make ot for PC....its bull.

Its got nothing to do with smiley faces saying "oh, its launch, so it will be fixed later" it should have been tested first.

Yeah, well I notice flaws with R6 Vegas and GRAW 2 by ubisoft on release. They have like 3-4 patches on Vegas which are HUGE(100MB). Some devs probebly already know the problem but they still release it if its playable. The devs probebly just finished the fix after release date or on the release date. Cost money to push back a games release date. Maybe If the game is playable to a certain percentage then they give the green light to release it on time. Any ways i doubt but I HOPE they get rid of that split screen non-sense for coop and have LAN or TCP/IP NON Split screen mode. To get someone to sit next to you, playing coop on a computer screen is too small. Even TV-OUT would be gross. My friends and I stopped playing it after 15 mins. Waiting for the patch.........

Just my two cents....:rasp: :rasp: :rasp:

Rick_D
1st Dec 2007, 15:08
I'm just waiting for the patch that fixes the shoddy code. The game is unplayable...

s600
1st Dec 2007, 15:44
I´m with you.
The Game is unplayable as well as crysis and other EA-published Games in the present.
Why should i spent so much time into fixing the probs by myself!?
That´s wasted time!

Swat
1st Dec 2007, 16:49
Pls release the fu**** Patch. I can't believe it. The release is over one week ago and i pay 44€ to play it. And what i got was a game that i can not play. I hope you release the patch in the next 4 days or i bring the game back to the shop. Its a shame to get money for a game that didnt run by so many people :mad2:

PainGiver
1st Dec 2007, 16:50
...I HOPE they get rid of that split screen non-sense for coop and have LAN or TCP/IP NON Split screen mode. To get someone to sit next to you, playing coop on a computer screen is too small. Even TV-OUT would be gross. My friends and I stopped playing it after 15 mins. Waiting for the patch.........

Just my two cents...

Me too. Me too. I'm not buying it unless/until coop is LAN based, not split screen.

CommanderJ
2nd Dec 2007, 16:49
It's sad to see Eidos/IOI go the way of so many other developers...they make the game on the utterly crap 360 platform, and then do a quick port to PC with next to no Q&A. They spend their dev time worrying about keeping the graphics within the ****ty memory limit of the 360, and the even ****tier memory limit of the PS3, rather than actually create a good game for the PC, test it properly, and then slice it down to fit the consoles.

bent toe
2nd Dec 2007, 17:58
They spend their dev time worrying about keeping the graphics within the ****ty memory limit of the 360, and the even ****tier memory limit of the PS3, rather than actually create a good game for the PC, test it properly, and then slice it down to fit the consoles.

Why should pc be the first choice?
And why should all games be ported from pc?

The 360 have so many kick ass games and even more coming, what does PC have except for Crysis and a million mmorpg/rts games?

NOTHING.

Rick_D
2nd Dec 2007, 20:48

The 360 have so many kick ass games and even more coming, what does PC have except for Crysis and a million mmorpg/rts games?

NOTHING.

don't make this a debate about consoles vs pc. this is not the place. everyone uses different systems for different things. for example you probably made that post using your computer, not your 360.

Swat
2nd Dec 2007, 21:55

NOTHING.

Cause the power of a game plattform like xbox and playstation 3 is limited. The power of a pc not. Any questions?:mad2:

bent toe
2nd Dec 2007, 22:18
don't make this a debate about consoles vs pc. this is not the place. everyone uses different systems for different things. for example you probably made that post using your computer, not your 360.
CommanderJ started it.. not me.

ChinaWhite
3rd Dec 2007, 00:33
It's sad to see Eidos/IOI go the way of so many other developers...they make the game on the utterly crap 360 platform, and then do a quick port to PC with next to no Q&A. They spend their dev time worrying about keeping the graphics within the ****ty memory limit of the 360, and the even ****tier memory limit of the PS3, rather than actually create a good game for the PC, test it properly, and then slice it down to fit the consoles.

The utterly crap xbox360 as you put it makes a lot more money then the PC does due to it's lucrative user base. The hardware requirements for developers to meet is such a minuscule issue, compared to the issue of making a PC game run on unlimited hardware profiles. The cost of testing is far more increased with a PC game. While Developers who do ports or build a game ground up for each platform, has to invest a lot of money to do so.

Take the console which has 1 hardware profile and is easy to test, while the PC gamer expects every card from Nvidia's 6 series to the latest 8 to work, thats alot of cards to test and thats just Nvidia, take ATI and CPU's on top along with sound cards and memory modules...

If you want to complain at anyone, it would be Eidos for not investing more time into this project. Investors wanted to see their money and they rushed its release it would seem, it's not the first company to do it, Ubisoft is renown for releasing games half-backed due to shareholders wanting to see their return.

I would also point out all games on an xbox360 run fine, try running Crysis on DX10 and everything maxed at a high res and see how great it runs, you can have 4 gigs of ram the latest CPU and GPU and it still struggles, should we all call this bad optimization, or ****ty hardware?

I hope for in future that games that are multi-platform get the same treatment and care as the others regardless which platform it was mainly intended for, to wish otherwise is just selfishness.

CommanderJ
3rd Dec 2007, 08:00
well, OK, so I did bash the consoles a bit more than I should have. My point however was what others have said better than me here - that the varying devs spend far too little time in Q&A for the PC version. My other point was, that it would be better for the consumer (not easier/cheaper for the dev) if the game was first made on the PC. Not only would it make ironing out compatibility issues far easier than on a port, but it would enable them to make use of the power of the PC. With games like K&L, PC gamers might as well have had a console...the graphics might be a tad better if you own a 16x FSAA card, but mostly the game is the same as on the console - not taking advantage of the vastly superior hardware.

And then, it would of course be some work to slice the game/graphics down to fit on the two consoles. However, I somehow think this task would be less monumental than doing Q&A for a PC port. (Not to mention you don't see a closed/public beta for a port).

Phew. Furthermore, in this instance, it seems like Q&A has gone out the window altogether, as Eidos/IOI has managed the incredible task of releasing a game for consoles with BUGS in it. Sure, it's not the first game to need a patch for the consoles (patch and console should never EVER be in the same sentence, ya hear DEVS!), but I've heard some rather bad horror stories about this one. How hard can it be to make a game WORK on the TWO exact same hardware profiles you BUILT it on?

CommanderJ
3rd Dec 2007, 08:01
Oh, by the way, I had no issues with Crysis. Even without any patches. All I needed was beta Nvidia drivers.

ChinaWhite
3rd Dec 2007, 10:25
It's very easy to understand. Eidos, get money form investors they say we want to see a return by x date. So they say to IO Interactive, you have a deadline of 2-3 years to make this game. So they work on the game and have to do 3 platforms in that time, it's not easy. Even if the PC 1 came out first you would still have these problems, because obviously there wasn't enough time.

When I worked for Ubisoft a little the same played true there also, game like Vegas where ported to the pc within 12 months, to meet deadlines and appease investors. It's not always like that, game companies like Epic and Valve are independent LTD companies, and take their time releasing, there is no investor pressure.

Q&A was done on this game, I believe they spotted half of the bugs, why did it come into the final game? Deadlines. This is how Q&A generally works, beta/play testers will report bugs up the line to the producer, they will prioritize which bugs are serious to those that are low, they then have to take into consideration how long it is going to take to implement the fixes, if that goes over their deadline, they can't delay it, they release it. Then patch it later.

This mentality is done by the Publisher Eidos who has to force it out because of investor pressure, they want to see that bottom line. This same process happens with all PLC companies. Private companies do a lot more generally to fix the issues, Q&A aren't to blame generally. Imagine you as a beta tester reporting issues but not having them fixed due to time constraints, then having gamers bashing you for your crappy Q&A? The same bugs on the PC are on the console by the way.

s600
3rd Dec 2007, 18:02
I´ll only wait 2 weeks from now on.
If they won´t release a patch i´ll sell it on amazon. :thumbsup:

indiaquinn
7th Dec 2007, 00:08
Getting a bit restless too.
I stopped playing the game in the meantime.
What happens when it takes a long time for a patch, I loose interest and focus on a new game. In this case CoD4. Totally different, but somehow I keep on buying. The ultimate customer for gaming companies, apparently.

mytech
7th Dec 2007, 13:46
Yes, wonderful! 2 Weeks after release there is nothing about a patch annonce.

lordshoot2kill
7th Dec 2007, 19:13
Patch please;)