PDA

View Full Version : Legacy of Kain - Blood Omen moving problem

Lunideth
23rd Nov 2007, 22:19
I know it is old game but i waned to play it and installed it to my xp. First it didnt work at all, but i patched it to 1.2 and now it starts on my pc. Problem is that i cant move or do anything in game. in options i can move and change everything by joystick on by keyboard, but when i start game kain wont move or do anything. bartender only says "its time to close" or something like that and keep walking and kain freezes i tried pressing every button but nothing works... anyone know why?

Linikratyo
28th Jul 2008, 15:36
you will need the CPUgrabber to slow down your computer:

http://www.thelostworlds.net/HowTo/Running_Blood_Omen_on_Windows_XP_and_Vista.html

This will help you out....

wrace0
28th Jul 2008, 18:14
No, there is the better solution:
Patch to avoid CPU grabber (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=72756)

Linikratyo
28th Jul 2008, 19:21
with that one you have no credits... :whistle:

Linikratyo
28th Jul 2008, 21:52
I think I have used it... but it didn't notice my BO1 CD and the CPUgrabber works if you know on how high you have to put it (around 61) :cool:

Linikratyo
28th Jul 2008, 22:11
There are always problems with BO1... I think the best thing you could do is put on 2 CPUgrabbers at the same time, so that finishing the game wouldn't be ruined by some error... :rasp:

Linikratyo
28th Jul 2008, 22:40
If it didn't work to me then I press the windows button and the game will minimise... when I put it to full screen again it shows BO1 working again.... :whistle:

Linikratyo
28th Jul 2008, 22:59
1. I don't have a slow computer. (N-videa Geforce 8500, Duo-Core blablabla) (I don't know if you can play Defiance at it's highest Graphics and still let it walk fluently, but I can!! :rasp: )

2. My computer probably has an constantly changing CPU, because sometimes the movies go fluetly without any errors and I will try now to use the CPUgrabber twice so it will be more stable.. :cool:

Linikratyo
28th Jul 2008, 23:17
with the CPUgrabber you see the most of the game, still it is your own choise: having a nice finished ending or not. :D

Linikratyo
28th Jul 2008, 23:42
yes ok, but if that one doesn't work then you will have to use the other 2 choises................:D

BTW: I tried BO1 with two CPUgrabbers and it worked VERY good!! Thanks for the tip!! :rasp: :D

VejaUndead
7th Apr 2009, 17:42
Can two working CPUgrabbers set on 75 & 85 damage my comp?

wrace0
7th Apr 2009, 20:48
1. How many cores you have?
2. Did the situation you describe above happen or you only ask for possibility of it?
It is evident that 2 CPUGrabbers use 75%+85% resources of PC-processor whereas there is a chance to avoid this...

Linikratyo
7th Apr 2009, 21:04

I don't think there is any way the CPUgrabber can damage your PC......... It's just a program that takes up the amount of CPU you want.........

wrace0
8th Apr 2009, 13:10
I don't think there is any way the CPUgrabber can damage your PC......... It's just a program that takes up the amount of CPU you want.........
Run on your 2-cores PC 4 copies of CPUGrabber, set all of them on 80% and press Start on all of these copies...:rasp:
Then give your answer again...:scratch:

Squil
13th Jul 2009, 21:40
your cpugrabber also does not solve this problem.
But specially for you, boy, see this kain.exe (http://legacy-of-kain.ru/download/bo1_patch.zip), which allows play BO1 without glitches with video and with credits... :rasp:
And without long logos too... :rasp:

I use WinXP SP3
I had downloaded the patch (kain.exe), the game works perfectly, except by the fact that when i change the resolution pressing F12, in the second time the game brokes... and for some reason, the game runs slow, not the sounds, Kain walks slow and attacks slow, not fast like the PSX version... someone can help me with that?