PDA

View Full Version : R6025 pure virtual function call...

RumbleR
23rd Nov 2007, 15:15
Hi, I'm using laptop 2GB ram Intel Core Duo ATI X1600 512MB Vista Ultimate 32bit all updates and newest drivers, I get this error all the time but in different time periods, sometimes just in mane menu or after playing 15min.

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
R6025 - pure virtual function call

What is the problem?

jaywalker2309
23rd Nov 2007, 15:42
Cant say have ever seen that error before during the testing process.

Will hunt around and see if can find anything out about it

Jongton
24th Nov 2007, 16:01
Hi

All I think I have found the problem to the R6025 error on Kane and Lynch.

Runtime Error!

Program: C:\Program Files(x86)\Edios\Kane and Lynch dead men\kaneandlynch.exe

R6025
-pure virtual function call

First I uninstalled K&L and then cleared the registry of everything associated with K&L.
------------------------------------------------------------------
Then
Because I am running Vista x64bit, I downloaded "vista Microsoft redistributable visual C++" 32 and 64bit (32bit for the game).

-vista Microsoft redistributable visual C++ (x86) 32 bit
(http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en)

The link above is what most people will only want if you are running 32 bit standard.

-vista Microsoft redistributable visual C++ (x64) for 64bit running systems only!!
(http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en)
The people running 64 bit will need this one.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you are not sure whether you are running 32/64 bit.
Go to Start\ Accessories\and run then
type "cmd" (without "")and then click ok
the type "set" (without "") then look for Processor Architecture
(there it will say 64 or x86 (for 32bit)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Installed these then restared the computer after that I installed Kane and lynch and fired up the game played for 1hr with no probs.

I say this is the solution as I had already updated my sound and video drivers and it made no difference to the error.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
These are the steps I took for it to work perfectly not one error, you don't have to follow every step, but it is advised.

Good Luck to everyone with the R6025 error.

Please post if it works for you good luck
Jongton is online now Report Post Edit/Delete Message

ksyme99
24th Nov 2007, 22:39
Those links dont seem to work for me - do you mean these two links?

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=EB4EBE2D-33C0-4A47-9DD4-B9A6D7BD44DA&displaylang=en (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=200B2FD9-AE1A-4A14-984D-389C36F85647&displaylang=en)

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=EB4EBE2D-33C0-4A47-9DD4-B9A6D7BD44DA&displaylang=en

I had a different problem about incompatibility errors with 64 bit OS - going to try these and see if it sorts anything.

EDIT:
Tried it and still doesnt work :(

Jongton
24th Nov 2007, 23:16
Those links dont seem to work for me - do you mean these two links?

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=EB4EBE2D-33C0-4A47-9DD4-B9A6D7BD44DA&displaylang=en (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=200B2FD9-AE1A-4A14-984D-389C36F85647&displaylang=en)

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=EB4EBE2D-33C0-4A47-9DD4-B9A6D7BD44DA&displaylang=en

I had a different problem about incompatibility errors with 64 bit OS - going to try these and see if it sorts anything.

EDIT:
Tried it and still doesnt work :(

Yes sorry I posted the complet link but obvisouly got shorten, why? I don't know. Yes they are the links. Only use the x86 (32bit) lik if you are running 32bit ok.

Good Luck

ksyme99
24th Nov 2007, 23:21
Well I am running 64-bit Vista and tried both the 32-bit and 64-bit versions seperately and then together and it didn't change anything. I get an error about launcher.exe being incompatibile with 64 bit version of windows because it is a 16 bit application. Are you running a 64-bit OS? If so, do you have any other ideas as to why it wouldn't work for me?

Comm
25th Nov 2007, 00:18
Have the same problem here, It really annoys me that after a week of the release Eidos and Microsoft have yet to come up with a suitable solution to this problem. I paid $60 for this game and I want a solution to this problem.

Yes I've tried every method I knew to correct it, went on Microsoft games community support and tried every method there to no avail. Read the solutions here and nothing works.

Syrupsniph
25th Nov 2007, 06:26
Very disappointing and not the best publicity. Got K&L yesterday - I'm confident it's a fun game if you can get it to work. I had no such luck - special defects right out of the box.

I tried running the game on two machines with different configurations only to find the same problem. In one instance the game wouldn't even start, and in the other, the R6025 pure virtual function problem terminates the application not even 5 minutes into the game.

Some of the other gamers' tips found in a few threads around here on how to fix this issue are not helping. And the threads on this same subject are compounding - I hope that sends a message and subsequently there'll be a PATCH, very soon, because I already feel like returning this defective product. I'm sure there are others who feel the same way. There are other $50 offerings out there that actually work and don't make you go through all these unnecessary exercises just trying as much as to make it work.

12AngryMen
25th Nov 2007, 09:01
Very disappointing ...

....- I hope that sends a message and subsequently there'll be a PATCH, very soon, because I already feel like returning this defective product. I'm sure there are others who feel the same way. There are other $50 offerings out there that actually work and don't make you go through all these unnecessary exercises just trying as much as to make it work.

You are totally right!
Just feel the same way!

And I get the feeling that those moderatos and developer guys
try to ignore this problem. ...or is there another reason why you dont comment this problem

Actually this isnt a litlle grapic or multiplayer bug... it is impossible to RUN the game
We need a solution of this Problem!!!

chip5541
25th Nov 2007, 11:10
I suppose we can thank MS for the 50billion versions of Windows. *sigh* At least Apple does the OS's right.

Give them a chance to look at it. Problems that crop up on the weekend need a little time to be addressed.

ksyme99
25th Nov 2007, 12:48
I suppose we can thank MS for the 50billion versions of Windows. *sigh* At least Apple does the OS's right.

Patches will take a little time. Give them a chance to look at it. Problems that crop up on the weekend need a little time to be addressed.

According to the Games for Windows website, games which have this brand must abide by certain standards, one of which is:

"Compatibility. Games for Windows branded titles work on Windows XP and Windows Vista based PCs, including both 32 and 64 bit editions."

So it is not that there are so many different versions of Windows it so happens to not work on one, it's a disaster on both Microsofts part and Eidos part as it doesn't fullfill one of the basic requriements for a "Games for Windows" game.

Having said that, some people seem to be running it on 64-bit Vista, so it may be my computer. But it doesn't change the fact that out the box, it seems as though this game is really off to a horrible start.

chip5541
25th Nov 2007, 12:51
Even the big games have issues. Heck, Steam with HL2 had its own share of issues including not work at all.

mclazyj
26th Nov 2007, 21:06
Even the big games have issues. Heck, Steam with HL2 had its own share of issues including not work at all.

We know PC games are not perfect, but the deafening silence we have heard on this issue is rather frustrating. Valve was fixing things as soon as the first problems were announced. They had press releases, and more.

With Kane and Lynch, the only thing I got back was that my video drivers and sound drivers needed to be updated. They already were, but I did it again and got the exact same result. I have posted logs, different troubleshooting items, screenshots of errors in these forums, and to tech support, but they did not address them, but just gave a generic response of "its your hardware, not our game" So my system can play Crysis, but not Kane and Lynch...hmmm which game is more intensive on system requirements?

And the other poster brings up a good point that you state that there are so many versions of Windows, but as the Games for Windows branding states, the game will run on XP, and 32 and 64bit versions of Windows. That is a point that cannot be dismissed.

I understand that you are frustrated and some posters are not as friendly or polite as they should be, but look at it from their shoes. This has been a fantastic fall season for game titles. and they chose to spend their $50 on your game, only to have it not work.

spilod
27th Nov 2007, 06:44
has anyone managed to solve it yet? its really pissing me off : /

Juanlo
27th Nov 2007, 09:58
I had BIG problems with Gears of War (Vista BSOD) that got fixed by upgrading those Visual C++ 2005 runtimes that Jongton mentioned, so I'm sure I have them installed. I have even downloaded again, but it didn't fix my problems with Kane & Lynch.

Keir
27th Nov 2007, 18:43
has anyone managed to solve it yet? its really pissing me off : /

This has been forwarded to the dev guys and tech support chaps. I'll post anything I hear back straight away. I'll also post news of a potential patch as soon as I can. In the meantime thanks for your patience and I'm sure we can get it working soon.

ksyme99
27th Nov 2007, 23:26
Well I fixed my 64-bit compatibility problem - turns out the exe was corrupt (got a friend with the game to do an crc check on the files - mine was different). I tried reinstalling but didn't work - turns out part of the hard drive had decided to go funny - but after chkdsk and whatever, and a complete reinstall it seems to work...or it did until I got this error. Tried installing those c++ runtimes again but no luck. Weird thing is under a brand new XP install it runs fine, although under Vista it gives me this error message usually before i get to the dumpster in the very first level.

Going to search around for any generic fixes, but any more info anyone has on how they wolved this would be a great help - getting quite annoyed that I fixed one problem only to run straight into another :(.

Should say I ave a Q6600 2.4ghz quad core CPU, 8800GTX graphcis card with latest drivers, nforce 680i SLI motherboard and 4gb of RAM. Windows and all drivers are up to date and have the extra hotfixes suggested.

Takai29
27th Nov 2007, 23:52
Couple of suggestions for people having this issue -- Did some looking around to see what the general cause was for the R6025 error in other applications.

It seems like the R6025 error is caused when an application running resident locks down a function being requested causing the requestor application to crash.

In this case, the bug would not necessarily be the fault of Kane & Lynch, but would in fact be inadvertently caused by another application.

For those of you getting this error please post the following information;

What applications were running at time?
What services are running resident?
What anti-virus/spyware are you running?

To find out what services you're running, CTRL+ALT+DEL and go to task manager.

ksyme99
28th Nov 2007, 00:00
Just tried it with the only program running that isn't an essential windows service, and still crashes. Usually I would have Teamspeak, MSN maybe firefox running (ie, nothing particularly invasive). According to the microsoft kb article on the error, it is an error in programming, but I am sure on this scale it is never that simple. What Operating Syste is everyone who is getting this error use? I only get it when I load the game in Vista, under XP it runs fine (or at least doesn't crash after ten minutes, not played it long enough to know about anything later).

Takai29
28th Nov 2007, 00:13
Do you have rtvscan running in task manager?

ksyme99
28th Nov 2007, 00:20
I did (had to expand the list), but killed it and any other non-vital looking process from the complete list and it still crashes with that error at the same place.

Takai29
28th Nov 2007, 00:26
I did (had to expand the list), but killed it and any other non-vital looking process from the complete list and it still crashes with that error at the same place.

Can you give me a rundown of what process(es) you have running?

tweaxor
28th Nov 2007, 00:31
okay i re-installed the game... re-installed the microsoft c++... and i still get the message! i have been waiting for this game for a long time. I wanted this game ever sinced i read it in gameinformer. i got it this week because i ordered it from amazon(amazon released it on the 16th). It was a kool ass gift from the skool but it doesnt work! it works on a different pc but that pc vid card burned out and it had a onboard 128meg vid. and i didnt want it to play it like that... all chopped up and shiet. please tell me how to fix this !

ksyme99
28th Nov 2007, 00:38
Easiest way I saw was to take a screenshot of it - below is a link to it.

http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/7369/vistatskmgrdo3.png

To be honest I see nothing unusual running, and I have tried running it with all non-windows programs killed. Nothing seems to be helping!

Takai29
28th Nov 2007, 00:40
Easiest way I saw was to take a screenshot of it - below is a link to it.

http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/7369/vistatskmgrdo3.png

To be honest I see nothing unusual running, and I have tried running it with all non-windows programs killed. Nothing seems to be helping!

Ok give me a few minutes with this one Ksy, running a comparative analysis :)

Takai29
28th Nov 2007, 00:46
Can you take another screenshot for me with all the processes you've stopped killed, I want to see which are running from the point at which you're running the game.

Going through each process to see if there's an error corelation takes a while and it'll be faster this way :)

ksyme99
28th Nov 2007, 00:53
http://img241.imageshack.us/img241/5531/vistatskmgrkq1.jpg

As I ran it.

Takai29
28th Nov 2007, 01:07
http://img241.imageshack.us/img241/5531/vistatskmgrkq1.jpg

As I ran it.

Ok, two processes I'd stop and then try running the game;

bgsvcgen.exe *32
ccSvcHst.exe *32

tweaxor
28th Nov 2007, 01:16
ight i killed a couple processes and still nothin man

Takai29
28th Nov 2007, 01:25
ight i killed a couple processes and still nothin man

Hmmm, I will see if I can find any other causes for the problem.

Tweaxor you tried the links provided in the first post?

tweaxor
28th Nov 2007, 01:40
yea i tried re-installing the game and c++. Me and my instructor at the college couldnt figure it out. My instructor left at 1 or so and i've been trying everything since then to figure this shiet out.

im running xp sp2
2.4ghz
radeon 9200
1.5g-ram

tweaxor
28th Nov 2007, 15:37
just to let you know im goin to sell this peice of S O F T W A R E to gamestop for less and get a game for less that works on my comp or H E L L grab me a 5th of jack daniels and talk to my buddys how i traded in a game for a 5th! L O V E Y O U EIDOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jaywalker2309
28th Nov 2007, 15:40
yea i tried re-installing the game and c++. Me and my instructor at the college couldnt figure it out. My instructor left at 1 or so and i've been trying everything since then to figure this shiet out.

im running xp sp2
2.4ghz
radeon 9200
1.5g-ram

Radeon 9200 is under spec.. You need a shader model 3 card to run the game (read the back of box)

tweaxor
28th Nov 2007, 15:43
dude i ran this game under a 128 meg vid card! it should have no problem ***got!

oh i meant 128 onboard vid.!! and why does this work?? still has old ass drivers.....

jaywalker2309
28th Nov 2007, 16:10
dude i ran this game under a 128 meg vid card! it should have no problem ***got!

oh i meant 128 onboard vid.!! and why does this work?? still has old ass drivers.....

The spec is written for a reason. Its the minimum supported hardware required. Many games work on lower then the stated spec but you wont get support if you dont meet the minimum spec stated.

tweaxor
28th Nov 2007, 16:22
sorry... its sad to see a good game go :*( well i hope u guys figure this out. I'll check this out in 2 months or so. Until then im workin on my new water cooled rig and i hope it will run it by then

PEACE

Takai29
28th Nov 2007, 16:44
sorry... its sad to see a good game go :*( well i hope u guys figure this out. I'll check this out in 2 months or so. Until then im workin on my new water cooled rig and i hope it will run it by then

PEACE

Hey Tweaxor,

What they're trying to say is that the game requires a Pixel Shader version of 3 or higher. I'll give you a perfect example;

My laptop has a 256 meg onboard video card, but the card only has Pixel Shader 2.0. Even though I have a massive amount of video memory, I cannot run the game on this (believe me I've tried).

The reason for this is that it uses instruction sets in the pixel shader, that exist in 3.0 but do not necessarily exist (or function the same) in 1.x or 2.x.

So even if you have the best system in the world, with 10 gigs of ram, and 512 megs of video memory, if you're card doesn't support the required vertex shader, or pixel shader ... the game will most likely not run.

Yes, there are instances where a system that is 'below' spec will run a game, but the game is not 'intended' to run on those systems and if/when it does, its a bonus to the person who purchased the game.

This is why its very important to read the requirements on the package and make sure your system meets those specs. This is why these specs are put on boxes of games.

Edit: Another thing of note is some manufacturers will put down that their 'onboard' card supports Pixel/Vertex Shader 2.x or 3.x ... what they *really* mean to say, is that their driver EMULATES those shaders. Some games, will run under those conditions so check if the manufacturer of your card offers this emulation in their driver. However at best, this can be unstable and at worst -- the game will check to ensure its a HARDWARE shader and not an emulated shader and will not run.

spilod
29th Nov 2007, 06:40
im still having this horrible C++ crash. i found an SP1 update to the C++ redist on the microsoft website, but it only allowed the game to run for 10 more seconds than usual before crashing again. sigh.

spilod
2nd Dec 2007, 11:03
no solution? nearly two weeks already :/

Warbadger22
2nd Dec 2007, 20:01
I doubt this will be fixed anytime soon, to be honest. My last interaction with Eidos Support said that my issue was caused by 'faulty media', meaning they think my DVD is messed up. Riiiight, I guess everyone else here has the exact same faulty DVD. If that's true then there was a production problem.

Whatever, I'm done messing with this. Too much work to enjoy a game.

Rick_D
2nd Dec 2007, 20:52

and they released patches within hours or days.

Maxx_Fire
3rd Dec 2007, 07:51
and they released patches within hours or days.

Any patches would have to go through Microsoft, due to the GFW thing, for QA and certification before any patch can be released.

Maxx_Fire
4th Dec 2007, 09:48
Everyone given up? :scratch:

Has everyone tried doing a selective startup in case of software conflicts?

Selective Startup instructions (http://www.freebits.co.uk/cleanboot.html)

Also, does anyone have a programming language or debugging software installed on their machines?

Maxx_Fire
4th Dec 2007, 10:41
I knew I had seen this error before, with Hitman Blood Money!

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=60174&highlight=pure+virtual+function

All posts relating to this error mention sound card driver updates resolving it, can also be caused by replacing the game executable with... eh... a different one! :rolleyes:

kma
5th Dec 2007, 02:50
I had this error coming up on xp. I looked through the disc to see if there was anything that could help.
I ran WindowsInstaller-KB893803-x86.exe and then created a profile.
Result? it loads the first level and appears to be fine now.

Maybe this may work for someone out there.

buzzy1072
5th Dec 2007, 03:56
I changed my dpi setting in windows vista back to default and now the game works flawlessly. Hope this may help anyone with this problem.

Maxx_Fire
6th Dec 2007, 16:06
Bit off-topic, but this thread is "moved"? where is it now?

samuryan
7th Dec 2007, 09:56
so after reading a *lot* of comments on crashes, i tried some things.

i initially had a problem with the game crashing right after trying to start a new game: as son as the loading bar was done, i got hit with the r6025 error.

-i opened dxdiag and tried different levels of acceleration
-i tried selecting each of the three audio device selections from within the game
-i updated to latest nvidia forceware drivers
-i tried reinstalling the C++ redistributable libraries.
-i reinstalled openAL

still nothing, same thing, every time, without fail.

then i tried updating audio drivers, and it got worse! now the game crashes almost as soon as you can see "Kane and Lynch" on the main menu, just a few seconds after i open the game.

i have never had any kinds of major problems like this with other games, so it would be nice to see a solution to this! thanks!

spilod
8th Dec 2007, 08:10
screw this, its been 3 effin weeks. i cant even get "into the alley" at the start of the game, before it crashes on me. how do we even know eidos/io are even doing anything?

Maxx_Fire
11th Dec 2007, 16:24
I know people have tried the re-distributables for C++ but has anyone tried installing Visual Studio C++ 2008: express edition? Was trawling the inter-web for related issues with the dreaded R6025 code and someone managed to resolve the same problem by installing this. It's worth a shot if you have some time to spare.

Visual Studio C++ 2008 - Express Edition (http://www.microsoft.com/express/download/)

Lappen
12th Dec 2007, 18:15
Has anyone come up with any solution that works?

Maxx_Fire
13th Dec 2007, 11:21
hmmm...

Now getting this issue on a Vista machine. I've noticed that there is a folder on the K&L DVD called Windows and has two sub-folders with various files in them. These files are Visual C files (msvcr80.dll to name one...) and they are not being copied to the correct folders on the hard drive when the game is installed. I managed to copy the files from the System32 folder across without any problem but the other folder is giving me permission errors! :mad2:

Can anyone else check if they have these files or not? I feel it must be related in some way...

P.S. This is Vista Business Ultimate
P.P.S I hate Vista, it should burn... no, it should be pulled apart, crushed and then left to burn! I hate Vista!! >.<

jaywalker2309
13th Dec 2007, 12:00
Ahh vista business. WHY oh WHY they did so many versions will never know.

It should still be at the core the same as Ultimate and Home.

As for copying files to system32 etc yeh UAC will stop you doing anything IT thinks could be dangerous.

You could just copy them into the game folder (although yes you guessed it UAC will question this too but should allow you to accept this if you are an admin)

Maxx_Fire
13th Dec 2007, 12:44
Have it installed on Vista home basic without any problems but I had UAC switched off before installing...

so these files are meant to be in the installation folder? or do you mean the game will also check here for them?

I have managed to change some local security policies and change ownership of the folders to me and I can copy the files across. Going to try again but I'm still getting a display error before this >.<

I'll report back any success/failure I get.

Maxx_Fire
13th Dec 2007, 14:15
:D

I was right, these files are playing a part in the C++ error as well as being part of a problem with the way the game interprets direct3d too from what I can gather. (maybe it's just the machine!)

Either way, I no longer get the C++ error when launching after *finally* getting these files in to the right place. This is harder to do with Vista than with XP due to the strange permission levels in place but the basics are this:

Open My Computer / Computer
Find the drive with the K&L disc in and Right-Click on it.
Choose explore from the menu
You will see a folder called 'Windows', Open this.
You will see two folders, one called 'System32' and one called 'winsxs'
Both of these folders should be copied to the Windows folder on your hard drive

* Please note that the winsxs folder is attributed with 'Read Only' so you will have to remove the read only flag on these folders, subfolders and files to make sure you can copy the files here. This may be all you have to do... but if it wont allow you to change the read only attribute you will probably need to make sure you have the required permissions to access this folder, users who are Adminastrators should be fine to do this on XP.

** Vista Users: You may have a harder time doing this as the winsxs folder is quite secure. I had to change ownership of the folder and subfolders, add the user group 'Everyone' to the security tab and give it 'Full Control' permissions, THEN change the read only flag on the folders! :nut: I also changed some settings in local policies... but thats not something which can be done in all the glorious flavours of Vista! :mad2:

This may not be easy for some people to do, post if you have problems copying and I'll try and help as much as I can.

jaywalker2309
13th Dec 2007, 14:36
Interesting, these files are set as `dependencies` within the installer script so would be installed if installshield detected you didnt have them.

Maxx_Fire
13th Dec 2007, 14:39
I didn't overwrite anything, was fresh copies going across. Could you tell me if the installer uses a certain user group to install with? If I had problems manually copying these files in due to permissions, I would imagine the installer came up against the same problems and gave up.

jaywalker2309
13th Dec 2007, 16:05
I didn't overwrite anything, was fresh copies going across. Could you tell me if the installer uses a certain user group to install with? If I had problems manually copying these files in due to permissions, I would imagine the installer came up against the same problems and gave up.

As its a system file it will require to be admin only.

Wonder if you right clicked on the setup.exe and ran as administrator if it would do it.

User permissions is all handled between Installshield and the OS so if it needs admin rights it should request or use it if it has it.

Seems on a few machines tis not doing it.

Maxx_Fire
13th Dec 2007, 16:36
I tried both methods, running the setup normally then again afterwards with "run as an adminstrator"... I'm curious though, there seems to be about 4-5 files you can click on to install, some of which don't want to run on Vista and some that do... Maybe the autoplay is detecting things wrong and running the wrong installer?

jaywalker2309
13th Dec 2007, 17:06
I tried both methods, running the setup normally then again afterwards with "run as an adminstrator"... I'm curious though, there seems to be about 4-5 files you can click on to install, some of which don't want to run on Vista and some that do... Maybe the autoplay is detecting things wrong and running the wrong installer?

If u run the MSI directly that will use wat ever version of MSI is on your machine, if you run the setup.exe it will run it off the disc (so if older on your machine will update etc)

Maxx_Fire
14th Dec 2007, 09:10
If u run the MSI directly that will use wat ever version of MSI is on your machine, if you run the setup.exe it will run it off the disc (so if older on your machine will update etc)

Ok, so it has little baring on this problem. Do you need any more info from me about this Jay?

Anyone else tried copying these files across yet?

jaywalker2309
14th Dec 2007, 09:31
Not in this case. The issue just seems to be its not installing it on every machine. Once the files are installed it sorts it, or so it seems

JohnnyPractice
14th Dec 2007, 20:40
I get the R6025 error to. Ive tryed EVERYTHING! Im thinkin about returning the game tomorrow im so sick of it not working! Crashes at the same spot in the bank just after Lynch shots the hossies. Could you Please tell me how to copy these files step by step (im a noob), I really want this game to work by tomorrow or its going back to the shop!

Intel Q6600 2,4
Geforce 8800GTS 320Mb. Latest driver 169.75
X-Fi Extreme. Latest drivers.

schutzmann
15th Dec 2007, 23:30
Hi,

I can't get the game to run for more than 5 minutes, and I have tried *all* the suggestions posted in this thread as well as some I found elsewhere, still, to no avail, always get the R6025 - pure function error. :mad2:

My system specs:

Windows XP, all latest patches
DirectX 9.0c (latest version)
Dual AMD Opteron 180 (never overclocked)
AMD Dual Core Optimizer installed (latest version)
ATI Radeon x1900XT (never overclocked and latest driver 7.11)
2 GB Corsair TwinX (never ocverclocked)
Audigy 1 (latest driver)
no other cards installed
no antivirus software running
no DaemonTools or similar

guess I will return the game if there is no solution.

jaywalker2309
17th Dec 2007, 08:07
Try installing this

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=32BC1BEE-A3F9-4C13-9C99-220B62A191EE

Its the `original` package from MS. Has installer etc.

Jediwannabe
21st Dec 2007, 19:58
I'm also experiencing this error, but with some slight differences.

First of all, the crash always occurs at exactly the same point in the game. I am able to load and play all the way through the first level fine.

Upon loading the second level, I get a standard Windows crash box "Application Error" containing the following details:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: kaneandlynch.exe
Application Version: 1.0.0.129
Application Timestamp: 47235e49
Fault Module Name: kaneandlynch.exe
Fault Module Version: 1.0.0.129
Fault Module Timestamp: 47235e49
Exception Code: 80000003
Exception Offset: 0005a9aa
OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.3
Locale ID: 2057
Additional Information 1: 8d13
Additional Information 2: cdca9b1d21d12b77d84f02df48e34311
Additional Information 3: 8d13
Additional Information 4: cdca9b1d21d12b77d84f02df48e34311

After clicking on "Close this program", I then sometimes (but note, not always) get the R6025 pure virtual function call error.

This error always occurs during the loading of level two. I still get the audio from the cut-scene, but I get no video. The error occurs as soon as the audio starts, but it does not seem to prevent the audio from playing at all.

My rig is an AMD Athlon 64 X2 5600+
2046MB RAM
64-bit Windows Home Premium
nVidia 8800 GTS
SoundBlaster Audigy X-fi

All drivers are the latest, and I have tried the 64-bit c++ executable with no results.

Maxx_Fire
29th Dec 2007, 12:51
Anyone had any luck with this issue? Topic has went cold, either means people have the problem solved (please let us know how/what fixed it!) or people are giving up.

JohnnyPractice
5th Jan 2008, 10:25
Anyone had any luck with this issue? Topic has went cold, either means people have the problem solved (please let us know how/what fixed it!) or people are giving up.

I havent fixed the problem ive given up !

Ill NEVER buy a game from Eidos again!!!!!!!!!!

snksoda
19th Jan 2008, 21:30
I had this error too but I changed my Audio Settings to use OpenAL Generic Software or Directsound SW and been playing the game for 3 hours now without any crash yet *knocks on wood*.

My pc specs are:
Vista 64 Ultimate Edition
QX6850
4GB Ram
8800 Ultra
Asus Striker Extreme mobo
Sound Blaster X-Fi Fatal1ty

snksoda
20th Jan 2008, 22:17
Update: After playing for 2 hours this error came up again when using OpenAL Generic. So I switched to Directsound SW and managed to play for like 3-4 hours (from the part you get through the streets of Tokyo to finishing the game) without a crash.

kyoukusanagi
23rd Jan 2008, 16:45
okay people, i read about the whole problem. i have the same problem. and i found a solution to this. hope this will help everyone since i went trough the whole registration just to post this

the error thing is supposedly caused by NOT having the windows XLIVE, so if you'll just download this link below and install it. the game will run just fine

http://download.microsoft.com/download/5/0/5/505dd51c-ba8d-4569-a1ec-40cf2c4ef331/XLiveRedist01.02.0241.00.msi

as for the random crashes, update your soundcard driver. and change the audio options in the game to directsound (dont use openAL)

hope this helps

kma
24th Jan 2008, 00:48
My previous attempt at a fix worked until I reset the pc then it went back to crashing. I downloaded the Xlive package from Microsoft as jaycw suggested and the problem has disappeared.

mclazyj
24th Jan 2008, 05:06
It seems that this error has started to plague me again. And when I came to the site to see if it was fixed, lo and behold, still no patch. Over two months and counting.

The error is starting to crop up during multiplayer matches. It is random and happens after several games. I did get an Xfire message shortly after, but I cannot say if they are related. I have had no issues with Xfire and this game up to this point.

Can we get some status about a patch. Even if it is to tell us we aren't getting one. At this point the "its coming soon" phrase really doesn't hold a lot of water when we have heard it for half of December and all of January. We just want a patch. I am wondering if Duke Nukem Forever will be finished before a patch if made.

butters240
2nd Feb 2008, 14:42
For me, I can only run it once after installing it. So I have to install it over and over.

INteresting thing i found is that I can just run the game on disk (program files/eidos/kand and lynch/launcher.exe) and there, the game would run fine anytime. SO it's sorta like running the game on a console.

I tried all the methods posted in this thread. :(

swatjosh
3rd Feb 2008, 10:15
Wow Lesson to me : Look at games forum before buying game... Or else you will waste your hard earned cash.

butters240
9th Feb 2008, 15:38
All right, I think I got a solution, because it worked three times i tried it.

Every time you want to play the game, copy & paste kaneandlynch.exe from the CD to your installed folder. Overwrite it. Size before you copy and paste is like 7.5mb, but the fresh one from the CD is 7.3mb.

Then you can just run it without reinstalling the game again and again.

This is the way to go if you don't want to run the game right off the disk like I suggested before.

Headeater
10th Feb 2008, 11:31
First I uninstalled K&L and then cleared the registry of everything associated with K&L.

how do you clear the registry (only k+l stuff naturally)

Phoix
10th Feb 2008, 14:12
Is a patch even in production? I just got the game a few days ago, but I haven't even seen the main menu yet. Some people have been waiting for MONTHS with a game they can't play.

slientkiller
22nd Feb 2008, 00:35
Hey guys, i think i find something.

There is another folder in the game DVD disc, and should be called addon or UI or something(i just translated from my language) i hope installed those patches can fix the problem.

Praying..

slientkiller
22nd Feb 2008, 12:29
seems it is a common problem.

But above links do not work for me.

i find a patch for xp but it still doesnt work..

:mad2:

Lappen
23rd Feb 2008, 21:47
Hi.

I just got mine to work!
Before these changes I just made the game crasched after just a few seconds (minutes at most) with the "R6025 pure virtual function call"

The things that I know have changed in my configuration is:

Installed http://www.amd.com/us-en/assets/content_type/utilities/amdcpusetup.exe (AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 Dual Core Processor Driver for Windows XP and Windows Server 2003 Version (x86 and x64 exe) 1.3.2.16)
Reinstalled my nForce dirvers from Nvidia (Chipset)

There can also be something like a Windows update that have fixed the problem.

Now it's working perfectly.

My config is:

Nvidia GeForce 8800 GTS
Motherboard ASUS M2N SLI Delux (nForce 570SLI)
2GB RAM
Windows XP SP2 (Fully updated)

Hope this can help someone.

Edit: Btw, I finished the game, so it works all the way.

WS4A
1st Jun 2008, 19:01
Hello everyone! It seems that we have got a solution.
When the game crashes to desktop:
1) DO NOT close it, leave the error dialog box where it is.
2) Look to the Start panel. There will be a button named "Kane & Lynch". Press it an wait some time (1 min) untill game will return to fullscreen mode.

You will be able to play single player game till the end.

P.S.: sorry for my bad english.

mclazyj
6th Jun 2008, 16:01
Hello everyone! It seems that we have got a solution.
When the game crashes to desktop:
1) DO NOT close it, leave the error dialog box where it is.
2) Look to the Start panel. There will be a button named "Kane & Lynch". Press it an wait some time (1 min) untill game will return to fullscreen mode.

You will be able to play single player game till the end.

P.S.: sorry for my bad english.

This is similar to the Gears of War issue that was around at its release. The biggest difference there is that there was a PATCH released for Gears of War within a couple of weeks of release.

And I can say that this trick did not work for me with either Kane And Lynch or Gears of War. Only when I moved from XP to Vista, did this issue go away. But like I said, Epic put out a PATCH to fix it mere weeks after its launch on the PC. What a novel concept.

bizkid
23rd Jun 2008, 19:20
:D

I was right, these files are playing a part in the C++ error as well as being part of a problem with the way the game interprets direct3d too from what I can gather. (maybe it's just the machine!)

Either way, I no longer get the C++ error when launching after *finally* getting these files in to the right place. This is harder to do with Vista than with XP due to the strange permission levels in place but the basics are this:

Open My Computer / Computer
Find the drive with the K&L disc in and Right-Click on it.
Choose explore from the menu
You will see a folder called 'Windows', Open this.
You will see two folders, one called 'System32' and one called 'winsxs'
Both of these folders should be copied to the Windows folder on your hard drive

* Please note that the winsxs folder is attributed with 'Read Only' so you will have to remove the read only flag on these folders, subfolders and files to make sure you can copy the files here. This may be all you have to do... but if it wont allow you to change the read only attribute you will probably need to make sure you have the required permissions to access this folder, users who are Adminastrators should be fine to do this on XP.

** Vista Users: You may have a harder time doing this as the winsxs folder is quite secure. I had to change ownership of the folder and subfolders, add the user group 'Everyone' to the security tab and give it 'Full Control' permissions, THEN change the read only flag on the folders! :nut: I also changed some settings in local policies... but thats not something which can be done in all the glorious flavours of Vista! :mad2:

This may not be easy for some people to do, post if you have problems copying and I'll try and help as much as I can.

Hi. I wanted to ask you how did you copy these folders exactly. I mean i know the winsxs folder from the cd must be copied to the winsxs of the windows folder but do you copy the folders like they are and paste them into the winsxs folder right away? or you just copy the winsxs from the cd as it is and just paste it in the windows folder? In few words do you copy the containing files of the winsxs(cd) and paste them in the winsxs(windows) or just copy the whole folder and pasting it in the windows directly? Thanks.

Maxx_Fire
25th Jun 2008, 06:30
It's been a while but I tried copying the entire WinXS folder over and started getting the permission issues so I ended up copying the files inside over from the WinXS folder on the CD to the WinXS on the hard drive. This wasn't an easy task thanks to Vista's loving paranoia about it's files. Maybe using a "Bill Gate$" login name would help! (joking!) :D

womatama
26th Jun 2008, 09:28
i downloaded a file called XLiveRedist01.02.0241.00 and my game started to work

Maxx_Fire
4th Jul 2008, 09:52

Where you getting a "pure virtual function call" error?

armyxer
9th Jul 2008, 10:06

yessss i tried and problem disappeared.then i finished the game :D:D:D
finally it works :D:D

Maxx_Fire
30th Jul 2008, 10:15
Found something which may help folks with this (and possibly other install issues on Vista)

There is an admin account which is hidden in Vista and has full access in Vista, the user "admin" accounts are a sham! :rasp:

To activate this account do this :

Click on Start
In the 'Start Search...' box type : cmd and press return
At the command prompt type : Net user administrator /active:yes then press return
Close this window and log off
Log on to the Administrator account which should now be active

This gets around the issues of the installer not being able to copy the files I mentioned in my previous posts and is far easier than trying to screw around with permissions, trust me! :rolleyes:

These files going in to the WinSxS folder are important as they hold manifest info that C++ uses for the game and having 1 of the files missing or an old version of it could allow the game to run, but perhaps only for a little while.

Again I would like to raise my hatred for Vista... Roll on SP5: Longhorn returns for when M$ get it all sorted out and running as well as XP! :lol:

SpYdR0
24th Nov 2008, 22:29
Found something which may help folks with this (and possibly other install issues on Vista)

There is an admin account which is hidden in Vista and has full access in Vista, the user "admin" accounts are a sham! :rasp:

To activate this account do this :

Click on Start
In the 'Start Search...' box type : cmd and press return
At the command prompt type : Net user administrator /active:yes then press return
Close this window and log off
Log on to the Administrator account which should now be active

This gets around the issues of the installer not being able to copy the files I mentioned in my previous posts and is far easier than trying to screw around with permissions, trust me! :rolleyes:

These files going in to the WinSxS folder are important as they hold manifest info that C++ uses for the game and having 1 of the files missing or an old version of it could allow the game to run, but perhaps only for a little while.

Again I would like to raise my hatred for Vista... Roll on SP5: Longhorn returns for when M$ get it all sorted out and running as well as XP! :lol:

I had the same problem but all of this didn't fix it.

- installed c++ 2005 redist
- installed c++ 2008 redist
- installed xlive
- installed visual studio 2008 express edition
- reinstalled and updated my soundcard drivers

no result at all.
Since it is a programming/video related problem I decided to turn down my resolution under windows (running vista btw, I didn't encounter the problem with my laptop that has XP) ... anyhow I changed mij resolution to 1280 x 800 x 16bit instead of the native resolution I would work normally on (1680 x 1050 x 32bit) and with that being done the game launched instantly no problems at all!

MitchMishan
16th Sep 2011, 08:15
Is there a fix for this yet...?
I reinstalled the latest c++ and no good...and I think SpydR0 is right - this must be a coding/programming issue that must be taken care of even Microsoft indicates that these kind of errors might happen due to coding issues (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/125749) as it's in the build itself. Although another suggested possibility has got to do with the registration itself (error r6025 (http://www.articlewritingclicks.com/Windows_Errors/Runtime_Error_r6025_Pure_Virtual_Function_Call__Repair_Tool.html)) so in that case how can I know if this is a coding/registration issue?