PDA

View Full Version : PC online play HELP

NovaBlack
23rd Nov 2007, 12:32
ok there are NO servers... not a SINGLE one...

whats going on...? Cant i play this on PC? we have 3 of us here waiting to play online, we all boughtit for fragile alliance... please dont tell me we cant play.. :mad2:

jaywalker2309
23rd Nov 2007, 14:21
ok there are NO servers... not a SINGLE one...

whats going on...? Cant i play this on PC? we have 3 of us here waiting to play online, we all boughtit for fragile alliance... please dont tell me we cant play.. :mad2:

So you HAVE got it to connect now? you wrote that really long rant about it, then say you got 3 people waiting? *confused*

NovaBlack
23rd Nov 2007, 14:39
yes i managed to figure out that i could get on to one of the 3 modes with a Silver membership, the other 2 require gold.

I made this thread seperately because i wanted to knwo specifically about the lack of servers

yes 3 of us, me myself and my brother organised a games day today for the release. Why do you keep making comments about this on the threads i started.. you make out i havent bought the game in the other one.. :scratch:

why would i be so mad ?

do you actually have any constructive input here about the complete lack of servers then? Had the game for about 5 hours now and not had a single multiplayer game.

Also look at the timestamps. you can arrange them in chronological order. The first one was when i thought i couldnt use LIVE atall, the second was after i got silver working. theres only 2 pieces of a very small puzzle. hope your not confused now.

jaywalker2309
23rd Nov 2007, 14:42
Am a very busy person who does this when i have a few second and if people have replied then the order is changed :)

Obesity
23rd Nov 2007, 15:51
yes i managed to figure out that i could get on to one of the 3 modes with a Silver membership, the other 2 require gold.

I made this thread seperately because i wanted to knwo specifically about the lack of servers

yes 3 of us, me myself and my brother organised a games day today for the release. Why do you keep making comments about this on the threads i started.. you make out i havent bought the game in the other one.. :scratch:

why would i be so mad ?

do you actually have any constructive input here about the complete lack of servers then? Had the game for about 5 hours now and not had a single multiplayer game.

Also look at the timestamps. you can arrange them in chronological order. The first one was when i thought i couldnt use LIVE atall, the second was after i got silver working. theres only 2 pieces of a very small puzzle. hope your not confused now.

So you say you have 3 people wanting to play this but you only say "me myself and my brother" meaning only two people, unless you are secretely two people.

All I had to do was log out of live then log back in and it worked fine... kinda =/

jaywalker2309
23rd Nov 2007, 15:56
Sounds silly but people do realise that System Link is LAN yeh?

This is an MS term for LAN games, but just thought its maybe not so obvious to PC users who expect tried and tested PC terms :)

NovaBlack
23rd Nov 2007, 16:08
lol meant me, my mate, and my brother :P

soz!

yeah i figured out the system link part, but for the 2 player co-op it still says to plug in a 360 controller.. makes no sense atall i know...

oh n we can get into the same lobby for a fragile alliance game now !! YAY!

although we need 4 players.. n we only have 3 no matter how long we wait :S

jaywalker2309
23rd Nov 2007, 16:11
Ah for Co-op it does require a 360 controller for the 2nd player. You cant both play on the keyboard/mouse.

Either you have 2 controllers and both play on those, or you have 1 on keys and another on controller.

Yes the game only works with the wired 360 controller (or the official wireless adapter controller pack)

NovaBlack
23rd Nov 2007, 16:14
thats what i mean tho, in multiplayer all we get is fragile alliance over LIVE.

ther is NO option for co-op in the multiplayer menu.

All you can do is go singleplayer, and then choose co-op , and it states you need 360 controllers.... so effectively there isnt any LAN co-op atall. seems to be LAN is available for fragile alliance, but i need a minimum of 4 players! we only have 3. seems ludicrous as there are no online servers we can ll log into together. infact no online servers ATALL! :mad2:

im so confused as we were told LAN was supported. Steam even claims LAN is supported... :S

DJ2liveUK
27th Nov 2007, 12:44
so if this is on Steam, will we be able to connect to the servers via our steam account or will we need to purchase the game thru Steam?

Will the developers / Eidos be providing dedicated servers for the FA gameplay?