PDA

View Full Version : What would you like TR8 to be about?

William Croft
22nd Nov 2007, 18:39
I would like a TR legend sequel because it was a KILLER story-line!

zakker
22nd Nov 2007, 18:58
why do you skiped a sequel of TR4?:mad2:
TR8 must be a follow up of the ending of TR4:cool:

William Croft
22nd Nov 2007, 19:40
Oh kk, intresting.

ZaineyCho!
22nd Nov 2007, 21:23
Id like it to be about Young TEEN lara, or something about her Dad and what happened.^^
DO YOU THINK LARA COULD GO BACK TO THE TR4 TYPE OF EGYPT?
WHAT IF LARA REALLY DOES DIE IN THE LAST TR GAME!!?!?!?!
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH:mad2:

Icetea555
3rd Feb 2008, 04:42
But with much more levels in the game. Like 20 levels I would like to see in TRU game and that it will countue TRL story line.

TDK
3rd Feb 2008, 05:16
Tr legend sequel ;)

rabid metro
3rd Feb 2008, 06:43
ermmmm, we now know that Underworld is a continuation of the Legend story ...
... with, at least 7 big locales and possibly many levels per locale, etc.
:cool:

Tomb-Dude
3rd Feb 2008, 11:29
TR legend squal loved the story and bla bla bal :cool:

But i read somewhere it clears up things from the past or something along those lines, it was either on Gamespot, IGN or somewhere esle one sit i was searching the otherday with a review on it.

Atheist
3rd Feb 2008, 11:39
It should either continue on from Legend, or if not, continue on from (or just have a cutscene or something explaining what happened, during the game) Last Revelation.

At least clear up one of the cliffhangers before making more.

Katin-ka
7th Feb 2008, 10:26
iD LIKE IT TO BE A TR4 or AOD sequel(true Laras' adventures should continue!)...but TRU, as i know,will be Legend sequel...and ''motherstory'' sequel....Ashame...:( cause i think motherstory is kinda boring:mad2:

William Croft
7th Feb 2008, 15:23
iD LIKE IT TO BE A TR4 or AOD sequel(true Laras' adventures should continue!)...but TRU, as i know,will be Legend sequel...and ''motherstory'' sequel....Ashame...:( cause i think motherstory is kinda boring:mad2:

Boring?? I loved it!!
P.S. Welcome to the forum :D

LisaB1962
7th Feb 2008, 15:49
I grow tired of sequels with continuing storylines. They've just become cliche. And I could care less about Lara's mother. The last thing I need to see is Lara rushing into the arms of her mother or crying because she can't. Sorry, but that just ain't Tomb Raider.****

Give me a reason to be someplace, something cool to look for, some unnatural enemies to fight and lots of places to get lost in. Let me do cool things in cool ways; make me think, curse, and grin after a good victory.

Mangar The Dark
8th Feb 2008, 14:29
I am looking forward to the fact that it will continue Legend's story line. I like the fact that games are becoming a bit deeper in terms of plot. BUT, I hope this game resolves that story. Dragging it out into a third game would be a bit much, I think. At the very least, it should resolve the mother storyline. If it opens up a new can of worms along the way, that could be interesting, but if it doesn't resolve the mother story, I think it will feel a bit unsatisfying (technically, this would be the third game with the mother plot, since TRA touched on it a bit, too, so it's definitely time to bring some closure to that.)

Pushtrak
8th Feb 2008, 15:06
I grow tired of sequels with continuing storylines.
Yeah, continuing storylines have no place in sequels. Oh, wait.

Considering the ending of Legend, they obviously set themselves up to do a follow up. Ending on that note, and then going off something completely different would be a foolish move. Consider her treatment of Amanda near the end. Its obvious how serious a matter this is to her. Why would she go off to do something else? Consider her line in the game "This is what it all has been about".

William Croft
8th Feb 2008, 15:38
Yeah, continuing storylines have no place in sequels. Oh, wait.

Considering the ending of Legend, they obviously set themselves up to do a follow up. Ending on that note, and then going off something completely different would be a foolish move. Consider her treatment of Amanda near the end. Its obvious how serious a matter this is to her. Why would she go off to do something else? Consider her line in the game "This is what it all has been about".

Exactly my point, you are too right it would be foolish to go of doing something else while she's in the middle of looking for something she cares so much about.

LisaB1962
8th Feb 2008, 17:37
No, but one can still have that hanging open while other events take place. A couple of mentions that Alistair is looking for clues would do it while we get to have fun adventures.

I've mentioned this before, but I don't think it's a good idea for Lara to find her mother. Do you really think she's going to continue trotting around the globe once she finds out? After all,

"This is what it's always been about."

William Croft
8th Feb 2008, 18:12
No, but one can still have that hanging open while other events take place. A couple of mentions that Alistair is looking for clues would do it while we get to have fun adventures.

I've mentioned this before, but I don't think it's a good idea for Lara to find her mother. Do you really think she's going to continue trotting around the globe once she finds out? After all,

If my mum had been missing for many years and I found a way to see her again I would make that the top of my ''to do list'' and i wouldn't go searching for Underworld just because I feel like it.
Although you do have a good point.

Tomb-Dude
8th Feb 2008, 18:28
if "this has always what is been about" is true then why did she battle dragons, find the dagger of Xion? and all the other things if her main priority was to find her mother?

I would like a continuation of that where she is trying to find her mother but also something else, like the mother thing is in the back ground stroyline as she already knows where she is sort of thing?

William Croft
8th Feb 2008, 18:33
if "this has always what is been about" is true then why did she battle dragons, find the dagger of Xion? and all the other things if her main priority was to find her mother?

I would like a continuation of that where she is trying to find her mother but also something else, like the mother thing is in the back ground stroyline as she already knows where she is sort of thing?

Nope, nope, nope, nope, nope, The story has been changed and she did not know that her mother was just in avalon at the time of TRII she only found out in TRL.
Indeed :p
Sorry for being so rude :(

Tomb-Dude
8th Feb 2008, 18:37
Nope, nope, nope, nope, nope, The story has been changed and she did not know that her mother was just in avalon at the time of TRII she only found out in TRL.
Indeed :p
Sorry for being so rude :(

Im saying if find her mother was wot it's all been about why do all this other stuff and not just search. Dont go finding different artifacts?! Find you mother? Dont wait like 20 odd years or something. Lol find clues go back to nepal after a few years go back to where you last saw your mother. Dont go fight dragons and other things lol...

Mangar The Dark
8th Feb 2008, 18:38

See, the thing about it is, I never think of the Lara from the old games as the same character that we're seeing in the new games.
To me, there are two separate Lara timelines:

TRs1-6 represent Lara #1
TRA-TRU represent Lara #2

When I play these new CD games, I don't feel like I'm controlling the same character who found the Dagger of Xian. They look different, act different, have different histories, live in different mansions, etc. It's as if there are two Laras in alternate universes.

This kind of relates back to my thread about the music, and why I think the Legend theme is more approrpriate than the classic TR theme. The classic theme is for the old Lara... different character as far as I'm concerned.

(and please, let's not let this devolve into an argument about Core Vs. CD... I thoroughly enjoy playing as BOTH Laras, it's not a case of one being better or worse. They're just different, and that's why the storylines from the old games, such as the Dagger of Xian, don't really factor into Lara's search for her mother, in my mind.)

Pushtrak
8th Feb 2008, 18:46
Considering the power that Lara wields at the end of TRL, common mercs aren't exactly going to be a good enemy to run into at every turn. You really have to consider how things have ended in TRL, I think you aren't looking at the bigger picture here.

Obviously she really would want to find out about her mother. But she's a professional archaeologist. What else is she going to do? She doesn't seem likely to settle down for a life of comfort. Least not IMO.

Mangar The Dark
8th Feb 2008, 19:00
But she's a professional archaeologist.

Is she? I thought all this tomb raiding stuff was more of a personal hobby for her, rather than her job.

Ok, I'm just nitpicking ;)

But your point remains the same-- she's obviously grown to love the sport of raiding tombs (we see this very clearly in Legend, which she talks about "falling in love all over again" as she looks at the temple in Bolivia.) So even after she finds her mother, it's unlikely she'd just give it all up.

Besides, as I said back in my first response to this thread-- nothing wrong with opening a new can of worms. Yeah, maybe she could find her mother, but something else happens during the course of her quest that makes it necessary for her to keep raiding (kind of like in TR4, when she needed to undo the damage she'd done by taking the amulet.)

I still think the mother storyline needs to get wrapped up soon, otherwise it will get tedious and it won't be satisfying if it's just left open.

LisaB1962
8th Feb 2008, 19:57
I think you confuse the old Lara with the new Lara. Big difference;)

William Croft
8th Feb 2008, 22:00
I think you confuse the old Lara with the new Lara. Big difference;)

Indeed :D

Werner Von Croy
9th Feb 2008, 09:15
Would be a mixture of TR4 and Legend, (maybe have flashbacks from TLR) That was supposed to be what AOD's was about a continuation of TLR but they ruined that one, so this storyline would compensate for it :D

Katin-ka
10th Feb 2008, 01:49
See, the thing about it is, I never think of the Lara from the old games as the same character that we're seeing in the new games.
To me, there are two separate Lara timelines:

TRs1-6 represent Lara #1
TRA-TRU represent Lara #2

When I play these new CD games, I don't feel like I'm controlling the same character who found the Dagger of Xian. They look different, act different, have different histories, live in different mansions, etc. It's as if there are two Laras in alternate universes.

This kind of relates back to my thread about the music, and why I think the Legend theme is more approrpriate than the classic TR theme. The classic theme is for the old Lara... different character as far as I'm concerned.

(and please, let's not let this devolve into an argument about Core Vs. CD... I thoroughly enjoy playing as BOTH Laras, it's not a case of one being better or worse. They're just different, and that's why the storylines from the old games, such as the Dagger of Xian, don't really factor into Lara's search for her mother, in my mind.)

I totally agree with U! Eidos seemed to divine Lara to:1)past1)present
or correctly sayin Cores' Lara and Crystals'....
But they shouldnt do like that! No matter what happens(developers change, creators, animators)Lara should stay Lara(as we all love her, and as we loved her for) and continue her adventures, but not INVENTING new adventures!
Eidos - take care of Lara, please...fans dont want to miss her!

BurialGown
10th Feb 2008, 11:50
My opinion is to continue the Legend storyline ... But my curiosity is whether Curtis is alive or not :):D

William Croft
10th Feb 2008, 17:29
My opinion is to continue the Legend storyline ... But my curiosity is whether Curtis is alive or not :):D

Aww yes, the question about Kurtis remains. :rolleyes:

ditom
10th Feb 2008, 20:03

I hope he isn't alive.

Captain Mazda
10th Feb 2008, 20:45
It should either continue on from Legend, or if not, continue on from (or just have a cutscene or something explaining what happened, during the game) Last Revelation.

At least clear up one of the cliffhangers before making more.

The Last Revelation cliffhanger ended long ago with Angel of Darkness. I actually prefer they don't show how she escaped, makes her seem more mysterious.

As for Underworld, it will end Legend's storyline. Tomb Raider 9 will most likely be a brand new story.

Werner Von Croy
10th Feb 2008, 20:58
The Last Revelation cliffhanger ended long ago with Angel of Darkness. I actually prefer they don't show how she escaped, makes her seem more mysterious.

As for Underworld, it will end Legend's storyline. Tomb Raider 9 will most likely be a brand new story.

The thing is AOD showed Lara as a horrible person, not the same witty, Happy go Lucky person we all know and love, i want the same Lara back not the AOD one

Bampire
10th Feb 2008, 21:04
I'm the type that likes to be surprised, when it comes to Tomb Raider. I don't like to know what's coming up, because it just ruins my curiosity. I like to see pictures of where she's going and all that good stuff.

I only expect her to find ways to get to her mother, and if not that, then she could just be doing what she does best; raid tombs.

I'm just so excited it's going to come out next winter. Yes, a long ways to wait, but it'll surely be worth it!

Werner Von Croy
10th Feb 2008, 21:11
I'm the type that likes to be surprised, when it comes to Tomb Raider. I don't like to know what's coming up, because it just ruins my curiosity. I like to see pictures of where she's going and all that good stuff.

I only expect her to find ways to get to her mother, and if not that, then she could just be doing what she does best; raid tombs.

I'm just so excited it's going to come out next winter. Yes, a long ways to wait, but it'll surely be worth it!

So true mate :D i can hardly contain myself :D I am positive this game will be excellent for next gen consoles (And PC)

BurialGown
11th Feb 2008, 11:12
I hope he isn't alive.

:D :D :D I hope he is ... But I also hope we wouldn't have to play with him again :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

William Croft
11th Feb 2008, 22:04
I hope he isn't alive.

How rude!! I don't mind him being in the Story or playing him :D He was a good character.

Katin-ka
11th Feb 2008, 23:07
Why U guys seem to offend Kurtis...?
I like him too...:rasp:
He is so cute...
Dont U think so?:D :p :rolleyes: :scratch:

Scion's_Eye
12th Feb 2008, 00:11
AOD SEQUEL!!! Plzzzzzzz. But since THAT'S not gonna happen, think of it for ur next next game Eidos :3