PDA

View Full Version : Kane & Lynch gets 9 out of 10!

kane_killah82
22nd Nov 2007, 15:12
German gaming magazine PC ACTION gives 9 out of 10 for Kane & Lynch.

Quotes: "outstanding", "story like in tarantino movies", "coolest characters ever"

http://www.pcaction.de/?article_id=622241

Furthermore: loads of screenshots http://www.pcaction.de/?menu=browser&article_id=622241&image_id=739022

GrimReaper4383
22nd Nov 2007, 22:55
ide give it a 2/5.

MisterG
22nd Nov 2007, 23:16
With a keyboard/keyboard and LAN-Mode for Co-Op-Gaming Patch i give it 9,5/10!

NovaBlack
23rd Nov 2007, 11:46
id give it 1/10

single player is very average.

but i boughtit for multiplayer. NONE of which works. and you want me to buy live AND 360 CONTROLLERS

oh and the game is a VERY VERY LAZY PORT.

silentassasin24
13th Dec 2007, 19:01
i gave it a 9.75 our of 10, and people stop complaining about not being able to play it on pc go out and buy a 360 instead of whinning, and putting the game down.

Candle
13th Dec 2007, 19:05
PC's are 100% better than a 360. Any time every day, every feature everyway.

that being said, even on the PC, once they patch it, I'd give it a 9.5

GrimReaper4383
13th Dec 2007, 19:16
id give it 1/10

single player is very average.

but i boughtit for multiplayer. NONE of which works. and you want me to buy live AND 360 CONTROLLERS

oh and the game is a VERY VERY LAZY PORT.

im with him on this one.

silentassasin24
16th Dec 2007, 01:36
uhhhhh, no it aint, pc sucks for playing games, first of all u have to have a high enough graphics card to play something on one, and on a 360 all u need is a freakin controller and a game, so all u people out here who are let down by the coop or the single player, stop whinning.

Candle
16th Dec 2007, 03:18
Name one thing an XBOX/PS3 can do a PC cant.

Ill name some PC can do.
*Word processing
*Downloading games/ music (either legally or illegally)
*Mouses are better than controllers for gaming
*Better online games.
*Better graphics
*Don't have to upgrade to a new system.

halflifedave
16th Dec 2007, 18:41
silentassassin, please stop acting like a simple-minded fanboy.

the game's rating should be an 8 at best and a 6 at worst. The team did a terrible job porting the game over (as bad as not including MP for the PC version of Freedom Fighters) and deciding to work with Live. The visuals are a mixed bag, with some nice lighting features in some areas while the majority of the game unquestionably doesn't have those features (hell, it just makes the devs look lazy). The cover system is clumsy and just really looks bad altogether with games like Gears of War, using the feature in such a better fashion. The gameplay can shift from enjoyable to downright frustrating with no redeemable features. Honestly, the way they promoted the story, it was a little disappointing how the game followed through. The presentation was nice, of course, but the actual story had a sudden change of pace and you never really learn more about the characters outside of what the trailers and previews discussed. The coop decision was unquestionably a bad decision. Hell they could have at least offered a different SP where you play as Lynch the whole way through instead of Kane. I wish I could tell you about the MP, but due to the terrible decision to work with Live and no dedicated servers to help PC players, I can't which is really frustrating. I had really high hopes for the game's MP because it's actually innovative, not the same Conquest mode bull**** with different models and maps. The way the game has been handled, the mode probably won't be caught on by the masses or replicated in future mods or games, which is a shame. The only redeeming quality is the sound which is why the presentation is so well done, but even then, the sounds or music will randomly stop playing (however, this isn't a big issue, since they could at least patch that). This game could have been so much better, but it just wasn't handled right, which is really disappointing . I'd probably give the game a 6.5 as my personal rating.

lordshoot2kill
16th Dec 2007, 21:48
uhhhhh, no it aint, pc sucks for playing games, first of all u have to have a high enough graphics card to play something on one, and on a 360 all u need is a freakin controller and a game, so all u people out here who are let down by the coop or the single player, stop whinning.
Maybe your pc sucks for playing games? Hey, a 360 is to crap to run crysis, so if i were you i'd take that back.

Candle
16th Dec 2007, 22:11
Maybe your pc sucks for playing games? Hey, a 360 is to crap to run crysis, so if i were you i'd take that back.

Thanks fellow smart PC user.

Craid
18th Dec 2007, 01:52
A there IS no discussion... a few years ago - yes consoles where pretty desent compared to PC's... but that isn't the case anymore. Why?

PC's today has better graphics:

Large monitors are dirt cheap nowadays - i use a 24" myself and it cost about the same as a 24" TV... The big screens used to be one of the consoles sellingpoints - but ... today it dosnt matter - AND most graphic cards for PC's today have as good - if not better TV out for HDTV.
Graphic cards for PC's are SO powerfull today that you can't come anywhere near it with a console - ESPECIALLY with SLI and Crossfire being so damn cheap today ... i mean even the cheap sollution of 2x ATI HD2600XT's in crossfire - will set you back 200$ - and outperform the BEST single cards outthere.

PC's today are more powerfull:

CPU's like the Intel Duo Core 2 QUAD Q6600 ... look at the price ... the same as like 3-4 games for your console, and you have a PC that can probably outperform even the next generation of consoles...
Choppy games are a thing of yesterday on the PC!

PC's have more of ... well ... everything!

More RAM, More storage, Large FSB speeds, Large bandwights, More upgrade and configuration mods... you name it ... Even if you like the "controls" on your consoles, you can buy an adapter and use it on your PC. You can even make a PC boot like a console... the posibilities are endless with a PC ... Where a console is a dead end.

Candle
18th Dec 2007, 01:57
Thanks craid for stating what I was too busy (cuz Im playing PC :) ) to say.

MeowNyu
18th Dec 2007, 12:54
uh uh uh, i dont agree what slientassassin just said

anyways let's get back to the title

let's start from 10/10
Good story > Yep that's what single player games required
Ending > according to the ending i see, it shows how greedy human/bad guys can be, but still i think most of us expect it to be a better ending/ happy ending *KANE SHOULD'VE AT LEAST TAKE LYNCH WITH HIM LOL* 9/10
During the game... > A Fine + Promising 3rd person game play, i bet no points can be minus from that
During the game2... > "WOW I AM STUCK IN A STONE" happened to me more than 3 times -1 8/10
Mutiplayer > Hmm.... yea you have to have a golden membership -1 makes it 7/10
List play > No servers were found "-1" 6/10
yea remenber what people said about connecting to other servers? uh huh i know you do :p 5/10
Bug that made some of us wasn't even be able to go into the game or black screen 4/10
Stuck during game play*the pc just stucks* 3/10

oh come on i am talking about a little "1" points for each of the bugs here
could've been have -5/10 there

I dont know what are people thinking but i bought this game for mutiplayer =.=
when i got back home all i got was a bunch of bugs (fixed after few hours)
and i dont even get to play the multiplayer game (golden member) what were they thinking?
i started to wonder what did i buy this game for?if i knew that you need a golden membership i promised i would've just download the game illegally :(

ok now let's stop complanning and simpliy give it erm...

4/10 (4 points for the story and the game play, -6 points due to the 10+ bad things/bugs in game)

Jerec
18th Dec 2007, 15:00
I'd love to heat what Io Interactive's response is to all this crud feedback for their game.

Check this out too:

http://www.kaneandlynch.com/html/press.php?lang=UK

Are these the preview ratings?

iain_h_cfc1
23rd Dec 2007, 14:33
I'd love to heat what Io Interactive's response is to all this crud feedback for their game.

Check this out too:

http://www.kaneandlynch.com/html/press.php?lang=UK

Are these the preview ratings?

gta the cartoon it is lol

Crosiss
19th Feb 2008, 04:00
german mags also gave two worlds 9 out of 10 10 out of 10 they suck at reviews. like the germans know anything eccept beer and lederhosen.long live army of two the true co op game and its online.

YoungZer0
19th Feb 2008, 19:35
german mags also gave two worlds 9 out of 10 10 out of 10 they suck at reviews. like the germans know anything eccept beer and lederhosen.long live army of two the true co op game and its online.
I gotta agree on that, 2 worlds sucks, but i disagree on the other clishee bull****. Grow up.

Kent-45
20th Feb 2008, 23:44
I can't even imagine playing this thing without a mouse & keyboard..

It's funny that one of those reviewers compares Kane & Lynch to Grand Theft Auto. I've yet to play a Grand Theft Auto game that disappointed me, whereas Kane & Lynch is pretty much a 49.99 bundle of coded disappointment and hype.

it's sad really...

Kneo24
21st Feb 2008, 21:02
uhhhhh, no it aint, pc sucks for playing games,

And I bet your reason behind this are rivetting!

first of all u have to have a high enough graphics card to play something on one

That's not true. You can buy a current GPU that's low end and play the game fine. You won't be able to play it balls out, but you can still play it. (By "it", I mean a game in general). Do you really expect to be able to play a current day game with a GPU that's 8 years old? You certainly can't play a 360 game on a normal XBOX either (unless a game was made specifically for both). The point is, if you want to play a current game, you need the current equipment.

and on a 360 all u need is a freakin controller and a game

And an XBOX 360. A PC might be slightly more expensive, but you can do so much more with a PC than you can with a console.

However, it's a widely known fact that shooters are more enjoyable to play with a mouse and keyboard because the controls are smoother. Consoles are giving things like assisted aim because a console controller lacks fluid motion. The games are also generally made easier because of that.

so all u people out here who are let down by the coop or the single player, stop whinning.

Your arguments are unconvincing, and your last thought really doesn't bring your previous comments together. Usually when a person uses a lot of disconnected thoughts to prove a point, they're clearly defined so they can stand on their own, and when they don't do that, their closing thought does that. You have failed at everything in your post.

Ultimately, you fail at expressing your thoughts. If you can't even do that, you probably fail at a lot of other things. Hop aboard the fail train buddy, "would you like fries with that?" is all you will be able to muster for the rest of your life.