PDA

View Full Version : So uh... Cross platform play?

Obesity
21st Nov 2007, 20:24
I read on the back on the box that there is cross-platform play in this game.

How abouts do I get to it? I have GOLD membership and in the multiplayer modes it doesn't say anything about getting into the cross-platform play.

Also, any chance of a patch coming out letting us play fragile alliance with bots possibly? any chance of the number of players going down to 2 from 4? I just can't find 4 people interested in playing this. Heck, even 3 people would possibly work out!

I really would appreciate help!

Thanks,
Obesity.

jaywalker2309
22nd Nov 2007, 10:45
Erm there is no cross platform play.

Where does it say this on the box? which platform? which region (ie PC US, or 360 UK etc)
Just checked all UK boxes and they definitely dont mention anything

Obesity
22nd Nov 2007, 16:50
Erm there is no cross platform play.

Where does it say this on the box? which platform? which region (ie PC US, or 360 UK etc)
Just checked all UK boxes and they definitely dont mention anything

Thank you for replying!

It's on the PC-US box. It got my hopes up but whatever I guess!

If needed I will take a picture of the box later with my cellphone - I also suggest trying to find whoever packaged the game for the US/Canada and possibly force them into taking cross-platform right of the box or it will make a lot of customers REALLY unhappy!

SpecSniper
22nd Nov 2007, 19:40
Im not here to bash or anything but Ive seen the pc box's and it never said cross platform play. Also your saying you have a 360 but its on your pc cdrom box? Also I never have problems hosting a 8 person match it fills up in a matter of seconds if anything Id ask eidos to increase the capacity and the amount of money per level.

Obesity
22nd Nov 2007, 19:57
Im not here to bash or anything but Ive seen the pc box's and it never said cross platform play. Also your saying you have a 360 but its on your pc cdrom box? Also I never have problems hosting a 8 person match it fills up in a matter of seconds if anything Id ask eidos to increase the capacity and the amount of money per level.

I guess it could just be that my copy is from Canada - meaning the box is bilingual. I just tried to take a picture of it with my cell phone but none of them turned out so i'm going to have to find my camera later on.

Also, in this thread I never said I had a 360 - but I do so it doesn't make much of a difference about what you thought. I did not buy this for my 360 because i'm more of a PC gamer and it was about $10 cheaper.

Just thought i'd also mention that having the limit decreased to 2 people would also help me in the sense that my ISP is really, really crappy and I guess it just makes sense for me and my brother to be able to play this. I kinda hyped him into this game =]

EDIT:
I scanned it. it's hard to read so i'll try to make another one when I get home from work unless you're okay with this one.

http://www.freewebs.com/famouscrayon/tony.jpg

SpecSniper
22nd Nov 2007, 21:22
Actually you did mention you had a xbox 360 as soon as you said "I have GOLD membership "

ChinaWhite
23rd Nov 2007, 00:10
Games for Windows Live allows PC gamers to sign in and sign up for Gold accounts, or use their xbox360 accounts on thier pc. You're assuming hes talking about the xbox360, he didn't say he bought that version, but either way it shouldn't say cross-platform gaming should it?

Obesity
23rd Nov 2007, 05:40
Games for Windows Live allows PC gamers to sign in and sign up for Gold accounts, or use their xbox360 accounts on thier pc. You're assuming hes talking about the xbox360, he didn't say he bought that version, but either way it shouldn't say cross-platform gaming should it?

I guess it shouldn't but my copy says it. if it's any consolation I bought it in Quebec - which is the french province of Quebec.

were you able to see "cross platform" on the picture I put in?

To clarify further - in the picture it shows red bars beside the word "LIVE" it goes like this..

online multiplayer4-8/multijoueur en ligne 4 a 8 j.
Co-op 2
cross platform/interconsole
achievements/exploits [[ to be honest, I lol'd after reading exploits! ]]
friends/amis

So.. there!

Reaper200
23rd Nov 2007, 07:43
I don't see why anyone would lie about something this. I mean whats the point.

mclazyj
24th Nov 2007, 01:26
I did not even notice it at first, but the US version also says "Cross-Platform" as well. It does not say much else, but it clearly states this. So when will this feature be implemented?

Obesity
24th Nov 2007, 02:17
I did not even notice it at first, but the US version also says "Cross-Platform" as well. It does not say much else, but it clearly states this. So when will this feature be implemented?

I was starting to worry it was just my copy - does it say it openly like mine does following "co-op 2" ?

It seems like it was a mistake and they can't just completely over haul the game to be able to make it work with the 360, atleast I can't imagine it. Either way, I don't know how hard/easy it is to implement.

mclazyj
24th Nov 2007, 03:44
I was starting to worry it was just my copy - does it say it openly like mine does following "co-op 2" ?

It seems like it was a mistake and they can't just completely over haul the game to be able to make it work with the 360, atleast I can't imagine it. Either way, I don't know how hard/easy it is to implement.

Yep, mine reads the same way. I would not expect them to make the game. It was more of a snarky remark, because so far, Eidos has done nothing to help me. I paid $50+ tax for this game only to have it sit on the shelf. And it seems like Eidos has cast this game off, due to lackluster reviews and sales. I fear that we will never see a patch.

Obesity
24th Nov 2007, 03:48
Yep, mine reads the same way. I would not expect them to make the game. It was more of a snarky remark, because so far, Eidos has done nothing to help me. I paid $50+ tax for this game only to have it sit on the shelf. And it seems like Eidos has cast this game off, due to lackluster reviews and sales. I fear that we will never see a patch.

Should we never get a patch i'll be ticked. I somewhat enjoyed SP.. or the first level of it [[ the game crashed half way through level 2 =/ ]] but i'm not complaining about that, my only beef is with the multiplayer and the cross platform on the box!

Thats like... false advertising or something?

mclazyj
24th Nov 2007, 04:15
Should we never get a patch i'll be ticked. I somewhat enjoyed SP.. or the first level of it [[ the game crashed half way through level 2 =/ ]] but i'm not complaining about that, my only beef is with the multiplayer and the cross platform on the box!

Thats like... false advertising or something?

I have yet to get into the game. It crashes as it finishes loading the first mission. Get the Send/Don't Send error message and then a Visual C++ error. Send both into Eidos along with a dxdiag printout and a detailed explaination, but I have heard nothing yet. So my $50 is down the toilet so far, and Eidos does not seem to care at this point.

Jeron
24th Nov 2007, 07:45
I guess it shouldn't but my copy says it. if it's any consolation I bought it in Quebec - which is the french province of Quebec.

were you able to see "cross platform" on the picture I put in?

To clarify further - in the picture it shows red bars beside the word "LIVE" it goes like this..

online multiplayer4-8/multijoueur en ligne 4 a 8 j.
Co-op 2
cross platform/interconsole
achievements/exploits [[ to be honest, I lol'd after reading exploits! ]]
friends/amis

So.. there!

weird, mine just reads:

- online multiplayer 4-8
- co-op 2
- results
- friends

I have the EU box
and text is in dutch.