PDA

View Full Version : PC Version - Random Crashes

Warbadger22
20th Nov 2007, 20:56
I am unable to play the PC version of this game at all. Has anyone else experienced any similar issues, and if so is there a workaround?

Here is what I submitted to Eidos Support:

I am unable to play the game at all. I receive random crashes. I receive more than one crash dialog. Sometimes (it seems random when I do or do not receive it) I get this one:

Title: Unknown (forgot to write it down, but it says something like 'kaneandlynch.exe has experienced an error' or 'an error has occurred')
Content: The instruction at "0x00499ea5" referenced memory at "0x0f9eb790". The memory could not be "read".

It then asks me to click 'ok' to exit or 'cancel to debug'.

The next error message appears every single time I get a crash.

Title:Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
Content: Runtime Error! Program: C:P... R6025 - pure virtual function call

I can then select 'ok'. When I do I see this error box:

Title: kanenadlynch.exe - Application Error
Content: The exception unknown software exception (0x400000015) occurred in the application at location 0x00440fc3. Click on OK to terminate the program.

This third error message references the exact same memory location each time, no exceptions.

I cannot alt-tab back into the game. Nothing I do except click 'ok' seems to matter. This happens completely randomly. Sometimes it occurs in-game, sometimes in the main menu when I am not doing anything, sometimes when I am entering information in the 'Windows Live' dialog. I have no idea what triggers it.

I am using Nvidia beta drivers 169.09. I have also tried with the 'latest' WHQL version, which is 163.75. I receive the same error with both sets of drivers.

I have the most up to date versions of my motherboard and sound drivers. I have completely removed/uninstalled all antivirus and software firewalls. I have a bare minimum of running processes. I have run 'Memtest' for an extended period of time and my RAM has no errors reported. For reference (even though they are not your games), I can play Crysis and Stranglehold without any issues whatsoever. This is a 'Kane and Lynch' issue exclusively.

I have seen a few posts on various forums indicating that it might be a Windows Live issue.

I am extremely unhappy. I have purchased this product and now I am not able to play it at all in any capacity. If this issue is not resolved in a timely manner then I will most definitely be avoiding Eidos products in the future and definitely telling all who will listen to avoid them as well.

Please advise.

I have tried a workaround with creating a Hotmail account before registering in-game and then having it download some kind of update, and it lets me put in the CD key, but nothing changes. I still receive random crashes.

Help?

EDIT: Well, I found a workaround. If I get a no-cd crack and play like normal I still receive the error, but it now allows me to alt-tab back into the game and continue playing as if nothing has happened. As far as I can tell there are no other issues once I do this.

Pretty crazy that I need to get a crack in order to play the game at all.

Mcninjaguy
21st Nov 2007, 10:17
It seems I have the same problem. I tried using my 360 controller for the game and chaging video setting from meduim to high.

Its just as you said, I need a a freakin no cd crack for a game I bought.

I would like the update. Im using windows vista Ultimate.

In vista you don't the error name or whats the problem all you know is there's a problem and vista in its mightiness has reclaimed your computer. lol

jaywalker2309
21st Nov 2007, 17:32
Did you try playing the game NOT logging into Live, ie not creating a profile and going straight into the game. Cant save but interesting to find out where the problem lies.

Also PLEASE dont talk about cracks on the official Forum for Eidos!!

Warbadger22
21st Nov 2007, 17:38
Did you try playing the game NOT logging into Live, ie not creating a profile and going straight into the game. Cant save but interesting to find out where the problem lies.

Also PLEASE dont talk about cracks on the official Forum for Eidos!!

As I said in the other thread, it is unplayable unless I use it. I have a retail copy that crashes to desktop unless I use it. I will not remove that portion, it's insane that I have to use it to play a game that I legally bought and when I talk about this workaround I am told to not talk about the problem and the temporary solution. Release a game that doesn't require me to fight with it in order to play it and you would not have even seen me on these forums.

I did not know it was possible to play without logging into Live. I will attempt it and get back to you.

EDIT: Avoiding logging into Live does nothing. I get the error either way. To be clear, I set it so it does not auto-log me in and then just canceled out when the sing-in dialog appears.

Also, I have no idea what I did in the interim, but when I went back to the official launcher.exe it gives me the same behavior as the no-cd one does. I can now alt-tab back into the game. It must've been something I did in the meantime. I apologize for bringing it up. You were right, it makes no difference.

acidh
23rd Nov 2007, 20:06
What the **** is this,

I have somewhat the same problem.
Bought the game, installed, but can't play.

Always get the error "kaneandlynch.exe has encountered an error ...."
Tried the *****, and still the same. Either the ALT-TAB doesn't help

This should happen to a new game !!!!!!

Don't try to blame it on windows live, cause Gears of War works perfect.

hope there will be a solution soon, this istn't good advertising.

greetz

Psykopig
23rd Nov 2007, 20:59
we need a patch!

the last few days, the alt+tab workaround has been working, but today...its a no go!

just crashes to the desktop all the time!

mclazyj
23rd Nov 2007, 23:56
The game will not load a mission. I can watch the intro movie, look at the Live Guide, change options, but I can't play the actual game. I have sent in a support request, but it sounds like that will be of no help.

I have Windows XP with SP2, and fully updated. I have tried installing the game on my C:, D: and E: Partitions, but to not avail. I have tried it with Live on and without logging into Live and it does not work. I am going to try it on my laptop, but it has Vista.

Here are some links to photos that show the error messages I am getting:
Error Screen 1 (http://www.aeropause.com/archives/images/kaneandlynchcrash1.jpg)
Error Screen 2 (http://www.aeropause.com/archives/images/kaneandlynchcrash2.jpg)

I have installed several different video card drivers for my 7800GT SLI video system. Also played with the DirectX sound settings, but that did not help. I have installed DX9.0c and the latest Live environment to see if that made a difference, but it did not.

In the end, I just want to play the game, and if that cannot happen, then I feel that Eidos should refund the money or some other form of compensation for the buggy programming.

And the Alt+Tabbing had no effect for me.:mad2:

mclazyj
24th Nov 2007, 01:34
According to the "Can You Run It" Link on the Kane and Lynch information page, I pass and exceed the Optimal tab, so I am fairly certain it is not my hardware. And I ran a memtest just to be certain it was not a memory issue for six hours today.

PRBatman
24th Nov 2007, 05:39
Hello all,

I am having a similar problem and I want to know if anyone is experiencing the same issue. :mad2:

My game is crashing exactly in the same place everytime, specifically in the third chapter called "Withdrawal" and specifically when Kane and the Vaultbreaker go back to the bank lobby to meet Lynch where he is shooting all the hostages. After being there for about 20 seconds when Lynch is shouting the game crashes to desktop and closes completely. Sometimes I get the screen saying that Kaneandlynch.exe caused an error and sometimes I just don't get anything, nada, poof ! Otherwise the game runs beautiful and graphics are awesome. :scratch:

Please comment if some of you are having the same problem and a possible solution. Thanks in advance. ;)

mclazyj
24th Nov 2007, 09:32
Seems that my issue is XP related. I decided to go forward with Vista and it seems that I have no issues under Vista. This would somewhat make sense as the original Live for Windows SDK did not take XP into account. Makes me wonder if it went through enough testing.

12AngryMen
24th Nov 2007, 09:41
I've exactly the same problem described above:
The game randomely crashes and kicks me back to desktop :mad2:
... and get the same error messages like mclazyj

Cause I hope there will be a working patch soon which solves this prob ....and by hoping a developer would read this - here are my system details:

P4 2,8 GHz (Northwood)
ASUS P4P800
ATI Radeon X1950Pro (AGP)
3 GB DDR RAM (div Manufactures)
Creative X-Fi Extreme Music
Logitech G15 Keyboard
Razer Diamondback

Win XP Prof. 32bit (all the latest updates installed)
all the latest Hardewaredrivers instelled
Mouse and Keyboard SW running
Kaspersky 5.0
Zonealarm

I changed the ingame audio and videosettings in all differnt ways: the game crashes anyway

then I tryed the workaround with Alt+Tab: nothing happens

after terminating every backround software and killing EVERY process in the taskmanager that could be killed: the game crashes anyway but now the Alt+ Tab workaround works (switched back to game) and I could play my first hour K+L

I really hope there will be a patch SOON!!!!!

12AngryMen
24th Nov 2007, 10:05
Seems that my issue is XP related. I decided to go forward with Vista and it seems that I have no issues under Vista. This would somewhat make sense as the original Live for Windows SDK did not take XP into account. Makes me wonder if it went through enough testing.

Could this really be true?!?:nut:

Didnt you guys tested your game under XP????

I think the most people still uses XP
...and on the Package of this expensive game is an explicit recommend for win XP ****

MisterG
24th Nov 2007, 14:24
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=bb38e1ce-b9b1-4e2b-9c3f-3b521e74b647&displaylang=en

perhaps newest version of theis changes something!

Jongton
24th Nov 2007, 15:57
Hi

All I think I have found the problem to the R6025 error on Kane and Lynch.

Runtime Error!

Program: C:\Program Files(x86)\Edios\Kane and Lynch dead men\kaneandlynch.exe

R6025
-pure virtual function call

First I uninstalled K&L and then cleared the registry of everything associated with K&L.
------------------------------------------------------------------
Then
Because I am running Vista x64bit, I downloaded "vista Microsoft redistributable visual C++" 32 and 64bit (32bit for the game).

-vista Microsoft redistributable visual C++ (x86) 32 bit
(http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=200b2fd9-ae1a-4a14-984d-389c36f85647&displaylang=en)

The link above is what most people will only want if you are running 32 bit standard.

-vista Microsoft redistributable visual C++ (x64) for 64bit running systems only!!
(http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=EB4EBE2D-33C0-4A47-9DD4-B9A6D7BD44DA&displaylang=en)
The people running 64 bit will need this one.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you are not sure whether you are running 32/64 bit.
Go to Start\ Accessories\and run then
type "cmd" (without "")and then click ok
the type "set" (without "") then look for Processor Architecture
(there it will say 64 or x86 (for 32bit)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Installed these then restared the computer after that I installed Kane and lynch and fired up the game played for 1hr with no probs.

I say this is the solution as I had already updated my sound and video drivers and it made no difference to the error.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
These are the steps I took for it to work perfectly not one error, you don't have to follow every step, but it is advised.

Good Luck to everyone with the R6025 error.

Please post if it works for you good luck

12AngryMen
24th Nov 2007, 16:48
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=bb38e1ce-b9b1-4e2b-9c3f-3b521e74b647&displaylang=en

perhaps newest version of theis changes something!

Dont work :confused:

Now lets see if Jongtons hint works...

Kadayi
24th Nov 2007, 17:09
I think some patching is definitely required. I bought this today and I've hit a problem in that I can't get past the reunion level (where you save Jenny from the truck), as soon as the breakout level tries to load, the game crashes out and Vista kicks up one of those unhelpful messages. Tried it numerous times now with different settings and checked the DVD disc (no scratches or anything), and I've tried the fixes suggested to no avail, so I'm somewhat perplexed and more importantly stuck. :mad2:

JBurtonFan
24th Nov 2007, 22:49
What the **** is this,

I have somewhat the same problem.
Bought the game, installed, but can't play.

Always get the error "kaneandlynch.exe has encountered an error ...."
Tried the *****, and still the same. Either the ALT-TAB doesn't help

This should happen to a new game !!!!!!

Don't try to blame it on windows live, cause Gears of War works perfect.

hope there will be a solution soon, this istn't good advertising.

greetz

We have this issue as well. Ridiculous issue for a $50 game that is turning out to be nothing more than a coaster :mad2: :eek: :mad2: . Reading some of the other posts, I noticed others with dual core and Geforce 8800 series of video cards are having the same issue. A patch or a list of instructions so we can at least start the game would be swell. Oh, and our OS is XP.

MisterG
24th Nov 2007, 23:15
UNtil now everything works fine but when i hear of crashing in that Jenny level i fear because i havent played yet!

PRBatman
25th Nov 2007, 04:54
Hi again,

I forgot to mention that im using XP SP2. But now, upon reading that people are having the same crashes with Vista, I don't think is a problem with the OS. And I should also point out that I don't think is a vid card problem either because although I see that mostly everyone have GeForce 8000 series cards I'm using a GeForce 7950 GT 512KB and I still get the same problem. So it's just a faulty game. All my other games run perfectly including CoD 4 and Crysis. :p

They should come out with a patch already or at least say something !:mad:

Thank you.

12AngryMen
25th Nov 2007, 09:06
I've tryed Jongtons hint with the C++ library....

Dont work! :mad2:

Other suggestions?

ColdBlueSun
25th Nov 2007, 10:31
I haven't got it yet, I'd rather buy it on Steam, when it comes out - *if* it works on XP, but I just asked my brother who bought this game recently how he got it working on XP. For him it wouldn't even run up - got to signing in to Live or something and then would just crash. Sometimes with an error, othertimes without. Anyway, the only way he has managed to get it to run is if he disconnects his PC from the Internet. That stops Live trying to call home -- which appears to be the cause of the crashing. Of course, he now can't play any of the online modes, but at least he can play the single player ones.

Still, if this is the only way to get it working on XP, I guess I won't be buying it at all. Seeing as Steam never did work correctly in Offline mode, how am I supposed to run a game without the Internet connected when the client it loads from must have an internet connection!

This Live service of Microsoft is going to kill PC gaming with the amount of problems it's causing =/

PRBatman
25th Nov 2007, 11:27
Hello all,

I am having a similar problem and I want to know if anyone is experiencing the same issue. :mad2:

My game is crashing exactly in the same place everytime, specifically in the third chapter called "Withdrawal" and specifically when Kane and the Vaultbreaker go back to the bank lobby to meet Lynch where he is shooting all the hostages. After being there for about 20 seconds when Lynch is shouting the game crashes to desktop and closes completely. Sometimes I get the screen saying that Kaneandlynch.exe caused an error and sometimes I just don't get anything, nada, poof ! Otherwise the game runs beautiful and graphics are awesome. :scratch:

Please comment if some of you are having the same problem and a possible solution. Thanks in advance. ;)

I also tried Jongston recommendation of installing Visual C++ 2005 and it still crashes at the same place as explained above. I realized that it specifically crashes as the letters in the title of the next section in the chapter begin to appear. Always in the same place. Anyone having the same problem? BTW, I am using the new 169.09 Forceware Beta Drivers.

CommanderJ
25th Nov 2007, 11:43
Hey, I'm finding it entirely impossible to play more than 5-7 minutes of this game. I experience crash to desktop randomly...in the menu, in the videos, after a few minutes of playing. They do not happen in the same places, they are completely random. Either way, I never get to play more than a few minutes on the first level. No error message, simply vista telling me kane and lynch stopped working. This is entirely unacceptable.

I am running Vista 32 with latest updates, sound and video card are updated to latest drivers.

C2D E6600 @ 3.0GHz
8800GTX @ default clock
2GB DDR-800
X-FI Fatal1ty
SATA2 drives.

modal
25th Nov 2007, 23:26
I have the same issue and find it very frustration for a game I paid over $40 for. I got to the 3rd level after over 100 (virtual function) crashes. I finagled with most of the video and audio settings with no luck. I also eliminated most of the unnecessary processes which didn't fix it. :mad2: Ended up buying Orange Box on Friday as something to fulfill my causal gamer needs.

My setup
Windows XP SP2 with all the latest updates
AMD 4800+ X2
ATI x1950 PRO 512MB

modal
25th Nov 2007, 23:29
Still, if this is the only way to get it working on XP, I guess I won't be buying it at all. Seeing as Steam never did work correctly in Offline mode, how am I supposed to run a game without the Internet connected when the client it loads from must have an internet connection!

:( I had to wait to play portal because it my connection went out in the middle of an update!

azerty
26th Nov 2007, 09:36
I think the problem is with microsoft games, because i have bought " gears of wars" for PC and i have the same problem with it : random crash and back to the office windows

sorry for my english )
win xp
dual core
8800gtx

jaywalker2309
26th Nov 2007, 09:38
Interesting.. That would point to a `Live` issue on your machine then.

Have you tried playing the game with no net connection active and without trying to log into Live?

XxxXxxXxx
26th Nov 2007, 11:30

Have you tried playing the game with no net connection active and without trying to log into Live?

Well i didnt log in could play a bit more but it still crashes...

Same problem with GEARS OF WAR... Somebody cut the Live support from the executable and then posted it on the GOW forum after that game started to work almost perfectly... and the saves were recorded locally....

jaywalker2309
26th Nov 2007, 11:36
Well i didnt log in could play a bit more but it still crashes...

Same problem with GEARS OF WAR... Somebody cut the Live support from the executable and then posted it on the GOW forum after that game started to work almost perfectly... and the saves were recorded locally....

Hmm strange. Only thing LIVE does on start up is provide a `check` that the files are not touched (altered) for security purposes (ie cracked etc)

There are 2 exes in K&L.. Launcher and KaneandLynch. They talk to each other checking they are okay (if one asks the other to respond and it doesnt within 45seconds it quits out assuming something bad has happened)

How are people launching the game? Via the games explorer shortcut? or a self made shortcut to kaneandlynch.exe?

XxxXxxXxx
26th Nov 2007, 11:40
Hmm strange. Only thing LIVE does on start up is provide a `check` that the files are not touched (altered) for security purposes (ie cracked etc)

There are 2 exes in K&L.. Launcher and KaneandLynch. They talk to each other checking they are okay (if one asks the other to respond and it doesnt within 45seconds it quits out assuming something bad has happened)

How are people launching the game? Via the games explorer shortcut? or a self made shortcut to kaneandlynch.exe?

Tried both ways... kaneandlynch.exe and launcher.... funny thing i get a blue screen sometimes when i start through the launcher.... Worth to mention after install when the game started to load automatically it crashed to a blue screen... I don't use games explorer... just start kaneandlynch.exe as an administrator... Tried also through the games explorer but it doesnt make a change.

jaywalker2309
26th Nov 2007, 11:40
Tried both ways... kaneandlynch.exe and launcher.... funny thing i get a blue screen sometimes when i start through the launcher.... Worth to mention after install when the game started to load automatically it crashed to a blue screen...

Blue Screen as in the dreaded `hardware` failure bluescreen (you're XP yeh?)

XxxXxxXxx
26th Nov 2007, 11:42
Blue Screen as in the dreaded `hardware` failure bluescreen (you're XP yeh?)

NOPE VISTA...

jaywalker2309
26th Nov 2007, 11:43
NOPE VISTA...

Ooh that not good.. That usually always points to drivers :(

XxxXxxXxx
26th Nov 2007, 11:43
I just remembered... If i don't log in to LIVE (deleted the profile) game finds the savegame anyway... :eek:

XxxXxxXxx
26th Nov 2007, 11:45
Ooh that not good.. That usually always points to drivers :(

But i have installed the newest ones for my audio/gfx and all Vista upgrades... ;( And it doesn't happen in all other games like COD4 i also dont get the blue screen under GOW... it does crash though.

jaywalker2309
26th Nov 2007, 11:45
I just remembered... If i don't log in to LIVE (deleted the profile) game finds the savegame anyway... :eek:

Well once you've created the profile and its associated to the game, it will find it as its still there

go to c:\users\name\appdata\local\

See the Kaneandlynch folder? That contains your save game details.

The LIVE side is stored separately under MS folders (as MS controls Live)

So its possible to remove Kane save games, but the game will still find your Live profile.

XxxXxxXxx
26th Nov 2007, 11:49
Do you think it could be a hardware problem? Some of the users don't experience it and some do... But we all run the XP or VISTA... I think it could be... but strangely the games that don't use LIVE work on my pc perfectly...

jaywalker2309
26th Nov 2007, 11:51
Do you think it could be a hardware problem? Some of the users don't experience it and some do... But we all run the XP or VISTA... I think it could be... but strangely the games that don't use LIVE work on my pc perfectly...

Are you able to get into the menus? or are you crashing before you even get the main menu?

XxxXxxXxx
26th Nov 2007, 11:58
Are you able to get into the menus? or are you crashing before you even get the main menu?

Yes i get to the menus... i can even play for 5-10 mins... after that it crashes... Exactly the same problem with GOW...

As i said when one of the GOW users disabled the live stuff it started to work ok... one problem i had to install their executable and config files etc... It has to have something to do with WindowsLive...

XxxXxxXxx
26th Nov 2007, 12:02
I said it crashed after install... strangely... when i want to uninstall there is no data in the control panel/add remove programs.... I try to reinstall the game and see how it goes from there

XxxXxxXxx
26th Nov 2007, 12:23
After reinstall it crashed to a blue screen exactly the same way....

Here's my error report

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.3
Locale ID: 2057

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 1000008e
BCP1: C0000005
BCP2: 81884A41
BCP3: 9A475A88
BCP4: 00000000
OS Version: 6_0_6000
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\Mini112607-04.dmp
C:\Users\XxxXxxXxx\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-34781-0.sysdata.xml
C:\Users\XxxXxxXxx\AppData\Local\Temp\WER94AE.tmp.version.txt

Read our privacy statement:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=50163&clcid=0x0409

jaywalker2309
26th Nov 2007, 12:23
Yes i get to the menus... i can even play for 5-10 mins... after that it crashes... Exactly the same problem with GOW...

As i said when one of the GOW users disabled the live stuff it started to work ok... one problem i had to install their executable and config files etc... It has to have something to do with WindowsLive...

K. sorry if i miss something you mention theres lots to read AND this isnt my actual job so i am speed reading :)

If you can get into game, and its then crashing out, have you tried dropping graphic detail (just to ensure its not a hardware over heating issue)

Also the disc is still in the drive yeh?

XxxXxxXxx
26th Nov 2007, 12:36
K. sorry if i miss something you mention theres lots to read AND this isnt my actual job so i am speed reading :)

If you can get into game, and its then crashing out, have you tried dropping graphic detail (just to ensure its not a hardware over heating issue)

Yes i did drop the detail level... dont know what for... running on 8800GT

Yes the disc it is in the drive i just got the game through the post today.... Not using pirated version if you have that in mind :/

jaywalker2309
26th Nov 2007, 13:03
Yes i did drop the detail level... dont know what for... running on 8800GT

Yes the disc it is in the drive i just got the game through the post today.... Not using pirated version if you have that in mind :/

Not thinking that at all. Lots of people assume once the games started it doesnt need the disc anymore, but K&L does as it does checks throughout the game. If it doesnt find the disc it would report this to you.

Dropping the detail was just to check it wasnt the detail being high causing your card to crash in some way (eliminating as many things as possible here)

The 8800Gt is a great card (and used by testing so we know its not the gpu itself causing the issue).

Juanlo
26th Nov 2007, 16:35
I have got the game today. After installing I got a crash to desktop just by navigating the game menus (I was adjusting detail levels). After this I entered the game again and crashed when the helicopter appears. The third attempt I have been able to finish first level (got achievement).

Anyway as I have posted in the other section the game freezes every 5 seconds or so. I was having the same crash to desktop in Unreal Tournament 3 and Gears of War (this one with BSODS) until I downloaded the latest Visual C++ 2005 runtimes, this has fixed UT3 and GoW for me, but not Kane & Lynch.

PRBatman
26th Nov 2007, 19:44
Hi again,

Just to let you know that I found out that my son also bought the game and he's already reaching the end. He says he doesn't have any problems and the game runs beautifully. Now, ironically, he's running it on a Dell laptop which is over a year old. It has integrated audio which I believe is Creative, 2gig RAM, Windows XP SP2, and Go GeForce 7900GS 256KB with the 83.xx drivers. Those drivers are not even close to the most recent Nvidia drivers which already are 160.xx or higher. :confused: Now, I can't play with my rig?
:mad2:
What's happening? :scratch: Some people say is their sound card, but everyone has a different card. Myself I am still using a Sound Blaster Live! 5.1 digital and the sound is perfect in this game and all games. Maybe the video drivers? Well I have read already of people changing to several drivers versions and still crashing. (of course the latest ones). Should I try the same 83.xx drivers that my son have in is laptop? :scratch: Is it basically the only difference between his setup and my setup. I have 2gig RAM, Windows XP SP2 and GeForce 7950 GT with 512KB; except that my drivers which are forceware beta 169.09.

Now, I am not changing drivers just for this game when all my new and old games work perfectly with my setup. I can't remember when I ever had so much problems with a game. :mad: Thank you.

XxxXxxXxx
26th Nov 2007, 19:54
I have reinstalled the K&L by the third time it didn't blue screened me and game started as it shuld i've been able to play for a long long time without any hitches so i believe the problem solution lies in the blue screen report which I don't understand... If someone had a look few posts earlier and come back with any suggestions i'll be more than happy... Thx.

PRBatman
26th Nov 2007, 20:30

I have tried starting either Launcher.exe and kaneandlynch.exe and the game always crashes in the third chapter when Lynch is in the lobby shooting the hostages.

Well once you've created the profile and its associated to the game, it will find it as its still there

go to c:\users\name\appdata\local\

See the Kaneandlynch folder? That contains your save game details.

The LIVE side is stored separately under MS folders (as MS controls Live)

So its possible to remove Kane save games, but the game will still find your Live profile.

I have deleted the save games and still same crash. Before I made the Live account I played the game and it also crashed in the same exact place in the third chapter. :mad2:

I am able to get to all menus; like I said the game crashes in the third chapter in exactly the same place.

Once one makes the account the game always logs you in automatically. But I played before making the account and it still crashed. I have also played without a net connection and still same crash in 3rd chapter, same place.

Yes I have dropped graphic detail, and still the same problem. No overheating issues here, my room is air-conditioned and my rig has 15 fans total. My 7950GT runs between 58 and 70 degrees Celsius. :rasp:

You better come out with something more concrete and stop shooting in the dark. Maybe a patch. If we had problems with our rigs we would be having problems with most of our games, and that is not the case.

Look at my previous post about my son running the game perfectly on laptop with old drivers.:confused: Thank you. :scratch:

Takai29
26th Nov 2007, 21:18
Hey guys, he's just trying to be helpful; these moderators don't actually work for Eidos, they're just volunteers that help watch the forums as its not really cost effective for these companies to 'employ' people just to watch forums, and as much as we'd like to say well we're paying customers, its valuable to us. It just isn't a priority for them. :)

What he's doing is trying to eliminate obvious causes. It doesn't matter if you're son is using 'old' drivers. In point of fact, many games that have driver related issues, will actually work BETTER with older drivers than newer drivers. For instance, I had issues with Sims 2, and had to actually hunt down and install nVidia drivers that were > 6 months old, which ended up resolving my issue.

Sometimes a driver set will introduce an instruction set that can cause unexpected results. Development firms work as closely with hardware manufacturers as possible, but when you have hundreds of card models, dozens of primary and secondary driver sets floating around, things can turn south very quickly with drivers ... just look at Windows Vista :lmao:

If its crashing in the exact same spot everytime -- Then that says (to me anyway) one of a few possible things;

1 - Data badly written to the hard drive; in which case, uninstall the game, re-install it but manually select the location and specify a different location on your system to store the game, it could be something as silly as a bad block/sector on the drive which is causing an IO (read) error and crashing the game.

2 - Could be a sound driver issue, especially if its Creative Labs -- as much as people rant and rave about how awesome they are, their drivers suck and are honestly the cause of so many bugs in games, unfortunately the publishers often fix these issues themselves since Creative is honestly slow as snot when it comes to maintenance releases for drivers.

3 - Try the omega drivers for your video card, if you have ATI or nVidia (which you probably do sorry I didn't actually read through everything) you can try installing the Omega drivers, which are gamer optimized 3rd party drivers, and free online. Just google Omega Driver and you'll find them, I've used them in the past and they are quite solid and good.

Hope some of this helps :)

Takai29
26th Nov 2007, 21:27
Hey guys, he's just trying to be helpful; these moderators don't actually work for Eidos, they're just volunteers that help watch the forums as its not really cost effective for these companies to 'employ' people just to watch forums, and as much as we'd like to say well we're paying customers, its valuable to us. It just isn't a priority for them. :)

Or Eidos could serve me my foot with ketchup! Just looked at Jay's profile and he DOES work for Eidos, on that note however ... Kudos to Eidos for actually putting live staff on these forums, seriously so few companies do that they at 'best' just stick PR guys on the boards that say nothing at all other than "In the next release", "We currently have no plans for that", or the ever famous "I can't discuss that at this time" :)

Anyway, I still say he's just trying to help with standard troubleshooting techniques so cut'em a little slack :cool:

Keir
27th Nov 2007, 19:01
Jay is actually a robot built by Eidos (thankfully we ironed all the bugs out of him ;) ), that is how he manages to do three jobs at once.

Thanks for all your posts in this thread. We're currently investigating all the issues that have been posted on the forum, and I hope to come back with a very helpful FAQ soon.

Thanks for your patience.

Takai29
27th Nov 2007, 19:33
Jay is actually a robot built by Eidos (thankfully we ironed all the bugs out of him ;) ), that is how he manages to do three jobs at once.

Thanks for all your posts in this thread. We're currently investigating all the issues that have been posted on the forum, and I hope to come back with a very helpful FAQ soon.

How do we know Jay isn't a person and that you're secretly the robot? :eek:

Warbadger22
28th Nov 2007, 00:09

Thanks for acknowledging us, Keir and Jay. As frustrated as I am by the technical issues I am experiencing, knowing that someone from Eidos is at least acknowledging them makes it a little easier to swallow.

EDIT: Oh, and I wanted to add something new: sometimes when I finish a level it does not load the next level or seem to save my progress from the level I just completed. For example, in the Tokyo Streets level, I completed it and the ending movie occur, but then it just hangs. When I exit from the game and reenter, it says I did not complete the level on 'Morphine' difficultly (which is exactly why I was playing through it for a second time). Has anyone else experienced this?

EDIT2: I wanted to add that I can't ever seem to get it to go past the ending movie of 'Tokyo Streets' without it just hanging on Morphine. I made it through on Codeine, but on the hardest difficulty it just hangs. Every single time.

jaywalker2309
28th Nov 2007, 08:49
Thanks for acknowledging us, Keir and Jay. As frustrated as I am by the technical issues I am experiencing, knowing that someone from Eidos is at least acknowledging them makes it a little easier to swallow.

EDIT: Oh, and I wanted to add something new: sometimes when I finish a level it does not load the next level or seem to save my progress from the level I just completed. For example, in the Tokyo Streets level, I completed it and the ending movie occur, but then it just hangs. When I exit from the game and reenter, it says I did not complete the level on 'Morphine' difficultly (which is exactly why I was playing through it for a second time). Has anyone else experienced this?

EDIT2: I wanted to add that I can't ever seem to get it to go past the ending movie of 'Tokyo Streets' without it just hanging on Morphine. I made it through on Codeine, but on the hardest difficulty it just hangs. Every single time.

Theres been many playthroughs completed on all difficulty levels on the game here, so its not something we've seen here.

When it crashes do you get anything on screen (error messages or the like?)

jaywalker2309
28th Nov 2007, 09:01

*error* *beep* does not compute.. error goto line 10

*ahem*

erm sorry bit of a glitch there :)

Joking aside, i am human, and i do work for Eidos, and we are all here trying to get things sorted for you all.

jaywalker2309
28th Nov 2007, 09:15
How do we know Jay isn't a person and that you're secretly the robot? :eek:

Hmm.. good point. Altho if you could see my holiday form/sick day form you'd notice its blank. I dont take time off or get sick.

Oh, wait, maybe i am a robot.

Warbadger22
28th Nov 2007, 20:08
Theres been many playthroughs completed on all difficulty levels on the game here, so its not something we've seen here.

When it crashes do you get anything on screen (error messages or the like?)

Hmm....nope. No errors, just just goes to a black screen. The sound continues to play (i.e. I can hear the car driving in the background) but nothing happens.

I'll try messing around with the DirectSound acceleration level to see if it changes anything.

Psykopig
30th Nov 2007, 17:54
My game crashes at all random moments...sometimes i can leave the windows error message up and alt+tab back into the game, but it will crash again eventually and just close.

I have posted multiple times about my problems though, just wanted to clear up that i really don't think its a driver issue. I have tried so many different drivers, I now have the eidos recommended drivers that some tech support peeps gave me and it still doesn't work.

I almost cracked up laughing when I saw this:

"The 8800Gt is a great card (and used by testing so we know its not the gpu itself causing the issue)."

hahaha there was trsting done on the pc version!? hahahaha

I love it!

Headeater
7th Dec 2007, 18:53
Hello all,

i have the exact same problem (just to let you know you're not alone)
play all settings max, not the slightest stutter

my specs
xp sp2
amd x2 4400 (dual core optimizer)
geforce 7900gt (latest drivers, the regular ones, not the beta)
xfi extreme music (latest drivers)

i'll try reinstalling and i'll post back, if it helped or not

Headeater
7th Dec 2007, 20:14
reinstalling (in a different spot) solved nothing. same error on the exact same spot (alt-tab not working either)

lynch dit fall trought the floor this time and just at the beginning of the level, i had trouble getting to the van (some sort of invisible wall)

so reinstalling kindof made things worse...

no idea what's still left to try.

kindof annoying to test stuff, cause i have to play all the way up to the bank lobby over and over again...

any ideas would be very appreciated

PRBatman
8th Dec 2007, 03:44
Hey don't try anything else, you might end up messing other programs or games; it already happened to me and I had to use System Restore to bring things back to normal. :confused: :mad:

I have tried everything; and trust me on this, I am a PC computer technician of almost 20 years experience. I tried 3 different Nvidia drivers including the newest beta ones, I tried switching the sound from DirectX Hardware sound to Hardware OpenAL and to Software OpenAL, I tried lowering the sound hardware acceleration slider to all 4 positions, tried setting video card clocking to default and even underclocked and NOTHING everything to no avail, still crashes in the same place in third chapter in the bank lobby as the words for the next section in chapter are appearing on screen. :mad2: Maybe something to do with a font? :scratch:

I also installed or reinstalled DirectX 9.0c, MDAC_2.8, Microsoft .NET 2 & 3, Visual C++ 2005_SP1, VBScript_5.6_x86, Capicom_2102_dc_sdk, Microsoft XML6_x86, and who knows what else and NADA, ZILCH. :mad2: :scratch:

I can't remember when I had so much trouble to run a game in the past, ever.
The problem is not our machines is the game!!! ****

All my older and newer games run perfectly; just to mention some: Hitman 1 to 4, Max Payne, Lost Planet, Stranglehold, CoD 2 & 4, Crysis, Gears of War, Blacksite: Area 51, Timeshift, El Matador, Scarface, The Godfather, Beowulf, Far Cry, Battlefield 2, Oblivion, F.E.A.R., Doom 3, Quake 4, Prey, Pariah, Bioshock and some others. IT'S NOT MY COMPUTER !!! Face the facts developers and give us a patch!!! :eek: Thank you.

My system:
AMD Athlon 4600 Dual Core
2GB RAM
ASUS A8N32-SLI
BFG GeForce 7950 GT 512KB
500W Power supply

Headeater
8th Dec 2007, 21:05
I tried installing the game on my brothers pc (dont know the exact specs, something like amd x2 6000, radeon 2900HD, xp sp2) and at the exact same spot in the bank the game crashes.

i did start from my own savegames (i've played trough the first part enough times allready, can't keep doing that...) i hoped to be able to continue, and then take the new savegame back to my pc

if it were not for batman having the crash at the exact same location i'd assume a file on my cd was corrupted or something...

i'll try installing on his vista hard disk next... and i'll post back.

does anyone else have this problem? i'd like to feel less alone with it, kindof removes hope of a solution...

i'll try the vista thing, now, i'll post back.

Headeater
9th Dec 2007, 08:22
tried it on vista now, the exact same error.

does anyone have a savegame (PM me) where he/she finished all the missions, that way i could just start the next mission and read what happend at the end of the third one in a walktrough or something.

and then keep my fingers crossed its just this one spot (but honestly, i doubt it) but who knows, right...

krazyadas13
9th Dec 2007, 17:18
Just a thing i noticed with the kaneandlynch.exe error.

I had a few sound issues when running kane & lynch so i turned the hardware accelaration in "sound and audio devices" in control panel to standard. But after i did that the game just didnt want to run and got the error about kaneandlynhc.exe.

30 minutes of umming and ahhing and a few re-installs later i thought why not put the setting back up to Full hardware acceleration and VOILA it works.

Well so far ..... Hope that helps some people.

Psykopig
9th Dec 2007, 18:48
Just a thing i noticed with the kaneandlynch.exe error.

I had a few sound issues when running kane & lynch so i turned the hardware accelaration in "sound and audio devices" in control panel to standard. But after i did that the game just didnt want to run and got the error about kaneandlynhc.exe.

30 minutes of umming and ahhing and a few re-installs later i thought why not put the setting back up to Full hardware acceleration and VOILA it works.

Well so far ..... Hope that helps some people.

I really wish it was my computer that was having the problem....like setting my sound to full hardware acceleration...or something like that.

But no.

The game = broken and I want to play. Please patch it....

Lappen
13th Dec 2007, 16:51
Calling a pure virtual function is a programming error, so you need to find the call to the pure virtual function and rewrite the code so it is not called.

The article@microsoft:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/125749/en-us

jaywalker2309
13th Dec 2007, 17:40
The article@microsoft:

Thats right if the libraries it requires arent found.

However moment the required libraries are there it wont fail and crash.

Headeater
13th Dec 2007, 18:04

does anyone have a savegame (PM me) where he/she finished all the missions, that way i could just start the next mission and read what happend at the end of the third one in a walktrough or something.

and then keep my fingers crossed its just this one spot (but honestly, i doubt it) but who knows, right...

i got a savegame from GIGAR (at the kaneandlynchinside forums) but i can't seem to get it to work. i had no trouble using my own savegame on several computers, but when i tried to copy gigar's save in the right folder and start the game. it would say, no save game found, creating a new one.

is this because saves are linked to your own version, or to your live-account?

i only got his 0.kls, there's another file in there, main.ini, but i think that's just your settings.

PRBatman
13th Dec 2007, 23:56
The article@microsoft:

This R6025 pure virtual call run time error was already mentioned in another thread and I installed the latest Visual C++ as recommended and made no difference. Anyhow I never got that error. :scratch:

I want to add that I went into the event viewer for the first time and this is the error that I get; I don't know if it will help anything:

Faulting application kaneandlynch.exe, version 1.0.0.129, faulting module kaneandlynch.exe, version 1.0.0.129, fault address 0x0005f481.

Event ID: 1000

I always get the same error since it crashes in the same place I suppose. If anyone has any suggestions or ideas please comment. Thank you. :mad2:

Lappen
14th Dec 2007, 18:23
Thats right if the libraries it requires arent found.

However moment the required libraries are there it wont fail and crash.

What is the cause? (Just out of curiosity, not that important for guys with the problem)
What is the fix/walkaround? (This IS important)

schutzmann
16th Dec 2007, 00:02
I have the same problem, my game crashes after 3-5 minutes every time. Have tried all suggestions I found in this forum - no luck. Really disappointing.

I have described my system in another thread, if u want to search for it.

I think I will return the game in a week if no help is provided. Thanks to the forum admins, but we need you to get the message across to the devs that the game is seriously flawed on many user's systems, and that is unacceptable.

Headeater
24th Dec 2007, 10:36

i've tried to install the game on another pc (intel dualcore, geforce 7650, xp sp2). had to install all sorts of new drivers, before i could even launch the game. now, same crash, exact same spot

that's 4 pc's, 4 configurations. yet the game still crashes on the exact same location -when you reach lynch and the hostages. (no other problems once drivers are installed) while except for batman noone seems to have this specific crash

what does that mean? that we just bought a dvd with some corrupted files on or something (its not scratched, and no problems during install)

just out of curiosity, where did you buy your copy, batman?

i know this game's on steam, so i started wondering (can't try that from my home) can i register my retail one on steam, and then redownload it? or are the steam and retail version different from one another?

btw, i'm still looking for that savegame (cause frankly i'm running out of ideas) so as a reminder: i need a savegame where you played at least till the forth mission (since min crashes on the third) and you can't use windows live to make the account (just escape when the live menu comes us) since saves are apparently linked to accounts.

Jediwannabe
24th Dec 2007, 18:17
I'm having the exact same problem.

I am running the game on 64bit Vista, and bought it via Steam.

I played the game initially without creating a profile on Live! - but as soon as I completed the first level, and loaded the second, it crashed. I continue to hear sound from the cut-scene play in the background, but just see a black screen with the error box on it. R6025 error is then reported after opting to close the application.

I am using a GeForce 8800GTS and Audigy X-Fi Extreme Gamer, all with latest drivers.

I have tried the library updates for the 64-bit, but with no effect.

Damndisgruntled
24th Dec 2007, 20:00
I've just installed this game and it crashes repeatedly due to an "unknown software exception (0x40000015) occurred in the application at location 0100440fc3".
The first time I didn't even get to see the opening prison van crash before it went Desktop-bound. I got as far as the top floor of a building a few minutes into the escape before I gave up as it had crashed five time already, seemingly in random places and I can't spend any more time swearing myself hoarse during the season of goodwill. My system is Quad Core 2.67 Gb, 2 Gb Ram, 8800 GTS, XP Pro for what it's worth.
I'd be really grateful if somebody offers a solution given that this is an early-opened Christmas present and, with no sign of a receipt, i'm stuck with a drinks coaster with no hope of a refund which just adds to my joy at this situation!.
It's nice that THQ have some company, due to the farce that is Juiced2 which is completely unplayable due to frame-jumping like i've never seen, on my "No Xmas Card" list this year!

Thanks for reading, oh and Merry Christmas.

PRBatman
25th Dec 2007, 04:46
i've tried to install the game on another pc (intel dualcore, geforce 7650, xp sp2). had to install all sorts of new drivers, before i could even launch the game. now, same crash, exact same spot

that's 4 pc's, 4 configurations. yet the game still crashes on the exact same location -when you reach lynch and the hostages. (no other problems once drivers are installed) while except for batman noone seems to have this specific crash

what does that mean? that we just bought a dvd with some corrupted files on or something (its not scratched, and no problems during install)

just out of curiosity, where did you buy your copy, batman?

i know this game's on steam, so i started wondering (can't try that from my home) can i register my retail one on steam, and then redownload it? or are the steam and retail version different from one another?

btw, i'm still looking for that savegame (cause frankly i'm running out of ideas) so as a reminder: i need a savegame where you played at least till the forth mission (since min crashes on the third) and you can't use windows live to make the account (just escape when the live menu comes us) since saves are apparently linked to accounts.

Hello all and Merry Xmas, :)

I bought my copy at CompUSA so I guess it doesn't matter where u get your copy from. There must be something in our computers that the game doesn't like and it always crashes in the same place. I even went so far as to install the game in my son's HP laptop which has a GeForce 7900GS and also Windows XP SP2 to do a test and played through that 3rd chapter and it didn't crash. So I guess is in some computers. I can't determine why it doesn't crash in his laptop. I basically give up. I have tried everything. :mad2:

NaT
26th Dec 2007, 13:56
ive read through alot of the sections in the K&L tech help and nothings ive read and tried has helped at all, im havign the same problem over and over no matter what i try... every time i start the game it will play find for maybe 3 mins and then just die, all ill get is an option to send an error report and thats it, i cant look at the details or anything. so what is the games problem?

im running windows XP SP2
a GForce 8800 GTS
AMD athlon 64 3000+
my sound is onboard but i have a bose companion 5 plugged into usb which is 7.1 surround compatible
3GB of RAM

so what the hell is stopping it from running? i can get into the loading screen and go into the menu but no matter what im doing after about 3 minutes it always dies, regardless of if im loading something up or im changing options or im just watching the intro movie... always crashes.... and it seems to be so far a complete waste money.... i hpoe someone can help me and fix this damn problem soon, any help would be appriciated muchly

peace peeps

karelin
27th Dec 2007, 15:25
I'll borrow this thread...

One more customer with the same symptoms. I have Vista and all the suggested patches, including Windows Live updates. The game crashes randomly and often, still haven't been able to finish the first level. I did download the game from steam.

Here is the crashlog:

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: kaneandlynch.exe
Application Version: 1.0.0.129
Application Timestamp: 47235e49
Fault Module Name: DINPUT8.dll
Fault Module Version: 6.0.6000.16386
Fault Module Timestamp: 4549bcd7
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 00015b7b
OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1053
Additional Information 1: 4926
Additional Information 2: cc180b4a66f62266e7a9a0a90b4086a4
Additional Information 3: 58f2
Additional Information 4: 27b283bbfd6ca3ad908dba516932e1d4

Extra information about the problem
Bucket ID: 561122494

Hardware:
Intel Core2, 6600 2,4Ghz. 4GB RAM. GeForce 8800, drivers: 169.06 WHQ certified.

Cookiemonster
29th Dec 2007, 21:39
Can anybody help me??
I run Windows XP with SP2 and the game crashes after about 2 or 3 minutes, the error says kaneandlynch.exe has encountered problems and needs to close, and comes up with the buttons to send/not send an error report.:mad2: i am using a Pentium 4 3.06GHz processor and a NVidia GeForce 6200SE graphics card and i've got 1Gb RAM.
I've also got a laptop with vista home premium, the graphics card and processor aren't as good and there is a very low framerate no matter how i change the display settings, but i get no error messages.

Damndisgruntled
29th Dec 2007, 22:48
I was stuck with a maximum of 6 minutes game play before a crash which equates to £5 a minute which isn't good value, but I found a solution... my copy of K & L and £5 secured me Stranglehold which runs perfectly and is fun to play as well. Added to this a New Year's Resolution to avoid software companies that can't test a game adequately or think that we want to use a poxy XBox controller rather than our own kit - THQ - and 2008 should start better than 2007 ended game-wise.
I trust that as a business EIDOS learn from this shambles, but as too many consumers have short memories, your stock probably won't take too much of a battering.
Happy New Year, and hooray for John Woo!

pehtisk
31st Dec 2007, 18:46
Could someone help me. My game doesn't crash, it restarts my comp. I already tried updating new drivers but no help form that. It happens like this:
I click on the shortcut and opens me the loading screen, then it loads but when it loads it just freezes and my screen goes blue and it writes down an error, which restarts my comp.

oskit
4th Jan 2008, 15:56
please some explanation about the bug or the incoming patch will be very appreciate.

I can't believe EIDOS can't provide clues about what's going on.

Please HELP!!

vinny1511
4th Jan 2008, 21:38
As above.

I am shocked with the lack of input from Mods. Clearly there are some issues with this game - I have never known publisher/producer just ignore the requests from the community, truly shocking.

:mad2:

Kneo24
4th Jan 2008, 23:33
Don't fault the mods. They're only given so much information. Who you should fault is the development team, or people higher up than that. Or even both. The mods seem to release information if and when they get it.

vinny1511
5th Jan 2008, 15:35
Sure - I agree its not entirely the mods fault.

However that said - There are so many un-answered posts within the forum, that..i do blame them for.

Even if it was a case of a greet from the mod, and an acknowledgement that a new thread has been started it would be a step in the right direction. Insted, theres no greet - and no acknowledgement, therefore the consumer feels as if they are being ignored.

Simply put - We need more input. If its from a mod who gets "fed" information, they need to acknowledge the issue and seek the answer - When this starts happening the community will support the work of Eidos and feel like something is being actioned.

-Vinny-

Kneo24
5th Jan 2008, 15:51
But Vinny, then there will be people like you *****ing about how the mods don't know anything. You personally may not do it, but there are plenty like you who will. Why should they get that kind of grief? Also, it's very possible that they were given word to not say anything out of fear of more backlash. Most of the moderators here are volunteers. You should be looking for responses from the higher ups and fault them.

vinny1511
5th Jan 2008, 16:07
Contradiction right there im afraid.

No - I would not do it. What im doing is simply airing my views/opinions on here in a completely non offensive and non derogatory way. I feel if Eidos care enough, they will accept the opinions of the community and will act upon them.

"But Vinny, then there will be people like you *ing about how the mods don't know anything"

This comment clearly highlights your inability to discuss, talk and offer opinion in an adult like fashion. I could hazard a guess at your age - but i wont.

Its highly unlikely that Eidos mods were told to "Keep Quiet." There is no clear benefit of them doing so, and this would contradict the point of this OPEN FORUM !

Thanks for your effort.

-Vinny-

Kneo24
5th Jan 2008, 17:47
I'm going to ignore most of the gibberish you posted. It's just stupidly irrelevant.

The point is, this is clearly beyond the scope of a moderator. If you want to keep faulting them for something that is clearly not in their ability to do and run the risk of receiving grief for it from more people, then hey, go for it. The people you should be concerned with is the management and development team.

vinny1511
5th Jan 2008, 19:02
Hello,

You seem to miss the point of an open forum. An open forum is used by the community to express there point of view on a given subject. In this example, we are expressing our point of view on the lack of techincal support given by Eidos - The comments below are my sole point of view.

I am afraid to say that in life you will meet people who DO NOT share the same point of view as yourself - This is fact of life, and you have to deal with it.

Back on topic..

Ok - So your point of view is the Dev team are to blame, and this i agree on. The game should have been tested for a longer period of time, thus eliminating the Percentage of issues with the game.

The point i have been making is the lack of input from the mods - I myself have a thread open, its been open since the 31st of Dec. There has not been a single reply from a mod - this i find shocking (As per original reply).

You claim the problem is beyond the "scope" of a moderator - And once again i agree. However, it is there responsibility to obtain the answers and to speak on behalf of the "Higher up's - As you put them." This is also fact.

The point of my posts have never been to blame - They have expressed my sole point of view, and i feel i am justifed to have an opinion.

Once again, Thanks for you effort.

-Vinny-

Kneo24
5th Jan 2008, 20:37
Why do you keep on thinking that I'm saying that you aren't allowed to express your opinion? Really? Point it out? Your whole ******* retarded rant about an "open forum" is irrelevant. I know how a forum works. Stop being stupid, please.

As it is, it is not the job of a moderator to speak on behalf of a developer. They are more than capable of logging in and answering some questions. A moderators job is to keep the peace. If they have no information, why would they come out and say "err, gee, I don't know!" That would not appease the masses. The masses would say "why the hell not?"

No one is stopping you from being a ****wad and blaming the moderators when we really have no idea what is going on behind the scenes.

Maybe a patch is coming shortly and they'd rather leave it as a surprise.

Maybe no patch is in the works and they'd rather not say so they can sell more copies.

Who knows?

Really, blaming the volunteer help is pointless at the moment.

Lappen
7th Jan 2008, 17:39
Grow up Kneo24!

This is not a forum of some volunteers, it's for a company called Eidos that makes products AND money.
This is a support tool for that company.
Therefor vinny1511 has some points.

Drop these personal attacks and lets hope that Eidos:

1. Solves the problems and release patches
2. Takes care of their customers (answering posts regarding support cases 1:st of all)

Kneo24
7th Jan 2008, 19:53
You're new, so I'll ignore your idiocy for now. Once you've spent more than five seconds around these forums, you'll see there are a lot of volunteer moderators. So, no, Vinny does not have a point in that area. I'll say this again, expecting an arm and a leg from the volunteer help does not make sense in any capacity.

Lappen
7th Jan 2008, 20:04
You're new, so I'll ignore your idiocy for now. Once you've spent more than five seconds around these forums, you'll see there are a lot of volunteer moderators. So, no, Vinny does not have a point in that area. I'll say this again, expecting an arm and a leg from the volunteer help does not make sense in any capacity.

Since I'm not that rude I will not ignore you. (No need for name calling mr!)

Are you saying that this is a non comersal site run by volunteers?
Then please give me the official forum web-address.

Kneo24
8th Jan 2008, 01:49
Yeah, your brain isn't functioning today. This is a commercial site that has different levels of moderators. Most of the moderators you see will be voluntary. Any other ones above that work for Eidos in some fashion. Really, it's not a hard concept to grasp.

oskit
8th Jan 2008, 12:59
Please my friends be patient and don't create personal problems here (I think is for free..).
I spoke with the product manager of EIDOS Spain, and he told me they are seeing what's going on as well.

At least someone internally knows something is wrong :cool:

karelin
12th Jan 2008, 13:54
I'll borrow this thread...

One more customer with the same symptoms. I have Vista and all the suggested patches, including Windows Live updates. The game crashes randomly and often, still haven't been able to finish the first level. I did download the game from steam.

Here is the crashlog:

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: kaneandlynch.exe
Application Version: 1.0.0.129
Application Timestamp: 47235e49
Fault Module Name: DINPUT8.dll
Fault Module Version: 6.0.6000.16386
Fault Module Timestamp: 4549bcd7
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 00015b7b
OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1053
Additional Information 1: 4926
Additional Information 2: cc180b4a66f62266e7a9a0a90b4086a4
Additional Information 3: 58f2
Additional Information 4: 27b283bbfd6ca3ad908dba516932e1d4

Extra information about the problem
Bucket ID: 561122494

Hardware:
Intel Core2, 6600 2,4Ghz. 4GB RAM. GeForce 8800, drivers: 169.06 WHQ certified.

Any dev/moderator that have taken a look at this yet?

chromaholic
3rd Feb 2008, 22:13
i had this error. i have done many, many things to try fixing this. about 20 hours worth of putzing around and research.

try going into your BIOS options and making sure any "Virtualization" options are enabled. i had that disabled in BIOS and i think that may be what is causing this error. i'll post back as to whether or not this was the cause for my c0000005 error; 0x0000000 - memory could not be read - error.

here are some other useful reads that i've found over the past few days:

http://forums.eidosgames.com/archive/index.php/t-73379.html
http://www.cxoamerica.com/pastissue/article.asp?art=27003&issue=168

i hope this helps. i keep crashing on Kane and Lynch at the bank vault robbery scene. after i get back from the fault w/that helper guy, i get up to the hostage area only to see that dude executing all of the hostages. it goes about 15 secs into that scene and then crashes.

Jaydam
7th Feb 2008, 18:18
my 2 cents.

The game sucks, it doesn't work and it needs fixing, i don't care who it is, just get it fixed.

ill just sit back and watch you all argue and eat my

http://www.proteinpower.com/drmd_blog/wp-content/uploads/2007/09/hot-buttered-popcorn.jpg

rzn
18th Feb 2008, 00:50
I'm screwed out of my $50.. and all I can do is look at the DVD case and wonder what it's like to play longer than 5 minutes..

Every time I play I keep getting booted back to desktop, sometimes with the audio still playing.. and judging by most of these threads here, all we can do is wait for a patch (that is, if there is even one coming)

I should've downloaded this...

E6600 @ 3.2
2GB DDR2
ATI X1950XT
Audigy 2 ZS
XP Pro SP2

oskit
28th Feb 2008, 15:54
I can't believe this!!!

I went to GDConf.com in San francisco last week, and no one there in the EIDOS knows nothing about this crash..!!

I triyed to tell what's going on about this bug, but no one told me nothing in relation, at least one thing is clear, all the staff there dont mention nothing about this problem, and I got conversations with 5 of them. We are alone!!

INCREDIBLE :mad: :(

GOOD JOB EIDOS GUYS!!

I DON'T KNOW WHY I'M POSTING HERE, NO ONE OF EIDOS OR OTHER COMPANIES IN RELATION ARE OVER HERE.. I throw up the sponge

Juanlo
28th Feb 2008, 16:16
And they wonder why people do pirate games :(