PDA

View Full Version : ABILITIES Tyrant Jump

Oroibahazopi
5th Dec 2013, 00:45
Completely different in mechanics that I imagined.

Would it be possible to change jump so that it charged up and you jumped a distance and did damage depending on how long you charged? Currently it often means you have to start jumping in really silly places to make sure you hit what you want.

JanusDominus
5th Dec 2013, 01:01
Yeah and could there be an indicator that would show where I'm going to land?

Psyonix_Corey
5th Dec 2013, 01:08
Giving Jump a charge-up like Pounce that dictates its travel distance is an interesting idea.

We don't have any plans to show a landing indicator as that's part of the skill curve - learning to aim it.

lucinvampire
5th Dec 2013, 08:56
Making it like Superjump with a landing indicator would be helpful ;)

Strike5150
5th Dec 2013, 13:33
I really don't even know where to start on how to aim it honestly. Could you explain what factors influence where you land?

Oroibahazopi
5th Dec 2013, 14:39
It's not too bad if you force yourself to learn it by using it over and over. You get a feel of where you need to jump from.

Landing indicator wouldn't help, you can't change where you're going to land after you've jumped.

Oroibahazopi
6th Dec 2013, 21:23
Ok so can you change the range on the jump by trying to move with the direction keys? I can't tell if it's really happening or it's just psychological.

Oroibahazopi
6th Dec 2013, 23:36
So I took the time to properly test it since no one is just gonna tell me ;P

Yes you can actually change the jump distance with the direction keys, by about two character widths either side.

ZangarftheWrassler
8th Dec 2013, 00:31
I really do not like the suggestion to add a jump line or landing area indicator. It reduces the immersion as well as hand feeds the player rather than having them rely on experience and skill. The Hunter in L4D played very similar to the Reaver so my transition into Nosgoth was made easier by past experience and I don't see why players need to be spoon fed data that they wouldn't normally be.

I am not trying to sound harsh even though I know I am, it's just part of the fun of playing any video game and it would ruin my personal experience. If Super Mario Bros. constantly showed you where Mario would land if you held down a button key, it would not only ruin part of the fun but also create garish screen clutter.

Oroibahazopi
13th Dec 2013, 22:06
You can semi exploit this ability in a few ways I've found.

Firstly if you jump against even a tiny low wall you'll go straight up and not forward. It's quite good since you can combo Jump -> Endure pain -> Jump and do a lot of damage that way.

Also there are some places on some maps where you can jump inside, hit the roof, and still do full damage when you land. That is definitely pretty broken.