PDA

View Full Version : USER INTERFACE Lag for some players.

Strike5150
4th Dec 2013, 22:12
I just wanted to mention this because I feel it could be better. We played with a North American tester today during the EU test. His ping was 80 compared to our 40 and yet he did a ton of yoyoing around. A ping of 80 is pretty good and by no means bad and really shouldn't cause that much lag related problems for a player.

Maybe something that can be looked at.

cmstache
4th Dec 2013, 23:16
Actually, my ping was still lower than half of the players playing, some were arounds 115ish. It was really fun playing with some people and chattin' it up though. Makes it more enjoyable, as usual. Also, learning to play with players who know what they are doing is nice too. Previously it's been mostly guesswork.

BTW, the biggest place I notice lag the most is climbing walls. I've even gone from the bottom to about twice the height of the building in 1 little hop, then help there for about 20 seconds then landed on the roof, and that happened on our server.

Psyonix_Corey
5th Dec 2013, 00:08
We've played a lot in Europe with >100 ping and haven't had too many complaints of "yoyoing", so it may be something unique to his connection. We'll keep an eye on it. It's also possible his ping number was wrong for some reason - you're correct you shouldn't be seeing that on a player with 80 ping.

cmstache
5th Dec 2013, 01:42
I see it on both servers. And it's pretty much only happening during climbs, and gets me killed frequently. Like 90% of the lags are on walls.

Oroibahazopi
5th Dec 2013, 02:36
Don't climb walls under fire.

Syst3mzero
5th Dec 2013, 05:02
I have been trying to figure it out and I think I might have, even at times where I have under 30 ping sometimes it stutters while climbing, however I realised it was always on walls with roof not far above a healing station healing stations seem to cause the issue when I climbover them.

However I have yet to notice it doing it on high walls and I have not tested it with any vampires other than Reaver

walls that have caused this are;
provance, the small room that leads to the bridge has a heal station at the other entrance.
Freeport, the heal station nearest the crane, the heal station near the gazebo type structure.
valeholme, the healstation on the outside of the fort and the one on the wall at the other side of the centre where the 2 sets of stairs lead up, the heal station that is in the small square which has burnt and has stairs leading up to it.

Can anyone else reproduce these or confirm that they have experienced it in these locations?

lucinvampire
5th Dec 2013, 09:04
I have issues with the climbing all the time when on the EU servers - I usually end up somewhere in mid air - floating - and the building is like miles beneath me - the game obviously then sorts itself as I appear where I should be. This happens a couple of times a night on each map I play. The rest of the game is fine just the climbing. The first game of the night always seems to be the worst...maybe it's because the internet is warming up lol - but then after that it tends to calm down. :D

Zindiq
5th Dec 2013, 16:25
I have been trying to figure it out and I think I might have, even at times where I have under 30 ping sometimes it stutters while climbing, however I realised it was always on walls with roof not far above a healing station healing stations seem to cause the issue when I climbover them.

However I have yet to notice it doing it on high walls and I have not tested it with any vampires other than Reaver

walls that have caused this are;
provance, the small room that leads to the bridge has a heal station at the other entrance.
Freeport, the heal station nearest the crane, the heal station near the gazebo type structure.
valeholme, the healstation on the outside of the fort and the one on the wall at the other side of the centre where the 2 sets of stairs lead up, the heal station that is in the small square which has burnt and has stairs leading up to it.

Can anyone else reproduce these or confirm that they have experienced it in these locations?

I actualy think you are right , I noticed many times that climbing near a healing station make it lag/glitch in some way but never really thought of it other than a weird thing .

I will test tonight if its on all the stations and I encourage others to try the same