PDA

View Full Version : Control Issue...

agentfourtysixandahalf
18th Nov 2007, 00:54
I just bought this for the PC today, and... something is wrong with my controls. Kane will just randomly spin around or walk in odd, haphazard directions, even when I take my hands off the keyboard. It's making the game completely unplayable, since he doesn't seem to want to go where I tell him. I have a USB keyboard, and wireless mouse, but those don't seem to be the issue. I don't have a gamepad plugged in currently because I thought that might be the problem as well. If anybody has had that problem, or something similar, please post your tips, or if someone at Eidos could fill me in, it'd be appreciated. Thanks.

Kostchtchie
19th Nov 2007, 12:42
have you got any joypads plugged into your pc?

tNok85
19th Nov 2007, 13:04
Have you checked to see if you're playing a game that wasn't ready for release yet?

:D

majikfx
19th Nov 2007, 16:12
Have you checked to see if you're playing a game that wasn't ready for release yet?

:D
pwnt.

agentfourtysixandahalf
19th Nov 2007, 21:01
have you got any joypads plugged into your pc?

I don't have a gamepad plugged in currently because I thought that might be the problem as well.

Naw, I don't. Thanks for the tip though.

jrodrigu12
21st Nov 2007, 22:55
i had the same problem nobady knows how to fix???
i had winvista and usb kyboard (wireless)

Jammer007
21st Nov 2007, 23:29
The best way to resolve this issue is buy Xbox360 controllers because anything else will not work. Buy it at best buy and if it still fails return it for ur money back. Yes Xbox360 controllers. That's what I said. I don't know why they would make such a decision to force us to use Xbox360 controllers. I guess they assume everyone has an Xbox 360 and it would make sense to force us to use it. Also if you notice your allies in the game doing weird things just ignore it. They AI has bugs as well. If you want to play LAN then TV-OUT the game cuz its only split screen. First Split screen FPS game I've seen in awhile for PC. :)
Other then that enjoy the game.

:mad2: :mad2: :mad2:

Harold23
21st Nov 2007, 23:59
The best way to resolve this issue is buy Xbox360 controllers because anything else will not work. Buy it at best buy and if it still fails return it for ur money back. Yes Xbox360 controllers. That's what I said. I don't know why they would make such a decision to force us to use Xbox360 controllers. I guess they assume everyone has an Xbox 360 and it would make sense to force us to use it. Also if you notice your allies in the game doing weird things just ignore it. They AI has bugs as well. If you want to play LAN then TV-OUT the game cuz its only split screen. First Split screen FPS game I've seen in awhile for PC. :)
Other then that enjoy the game.

:mad2: :mad2: :mad2:

Even better way to resolve it: return it to the store and say it doesn't work as per the system requirements on the back say it does and just cite the forced micro$haft 360 controller for co-op play.

You should never suggest to buy the 360 controller. I can deal with them forcing the windows live login crap in the game (still sucks balls), but limiting features to a specific controller only just for a bit of micro$haft money, beyond dirty, this is something EA would do.

PHinett
23rd Nov 2007, 00:28
Hi,

I am having exactly the same problem...using a wireless microsoft keyboard / mouse, many other games work fine such as call of duty 4, c&c etc...

Looks like the game is quite buggy with wireless devices...

Will try a wired mouse tomorrow.

Paul

MisterG
23rd Nov 2007, 00:43
Checked the Vista-Patches in the Vista-Thread!

I have a Logitech Wireless keyboard and a Razer Copperhead mouse and all works correctly!

Check for new drivers for your equipment!

jrodrigu12
23rd Nov 2007, 01:09
Checked the Vista-Patches in the Vista-Thread!

I have a Logitech Wireless keyboard and a Razer Copperhead mouse and all works correctly!

Check for new drivers for your equipment!

the patches are installed:( :( :(

MisterG
23rd Nov 2007, 01:54
and new drivers for keyboard and mouse?

jrodrigu12
23rd Nov 2007, 07:14
and new drivers for keyboard and mouse?

thanks man works for me:thumbsup:
i relly enjoy this game

StinkyBob
8th Dec 2007, 17:10
I'm having exactly the same problem on the Xbox 360, using a standard wireless controller.

Every other game behaves perfectly, but Kane often walks slowly forwards on his own, even though the left stick is centered - and no other game does this.

IO - please fix this annoying glitch. It makes aiming bloomin hard cos the targets are moving, and so am I...!!!!

While you're at it, it would be great if you could tweak the aiming too so it's easier to aim. It's too wild at the moment, but also too slow to turn whilst crouched, so targets often move faster than I can adjust the aim.

GIGAR
8th Dec 2007, 18:37
Try using an old keyboard and mouse if you got one...
You'll never know, it might work.