PDA

View Full Version : *Spoilers* K&L Ending Discussion+Next Game

Tystick357
17th Nov 2007, 05:40
Alright if you've beaten the game like I have, you know how it ends. He betrays Lynch and the rest of the guys, leaving them on the battlefield to die and escaping with his daughter.

First off, are you satisfied with this? For a game I thought it was a really crappy ending really. When people spend their money, it'd be nice to have something more than a little 2 minute cut scene. (I didn't buy the game, a friend did, so you won't hear me complaining overly :thumbsup: )

Also I just wondered since a sequel has already been announced, what do you think will happen? Will the game be called "Kane vs Lynch" instead. ****

I'm just trying to think what would bring them back together after Kane turns his back on them all, again.

Brikloss
17th Nov 2007, 05:54
They could do a Lynch and Kane game, where you play as lynch, th ewhole time, and get his view of events.

Arsh
17th Nov 2007, 07:28
WHAT IS WRONG WITH EVERYONE!?

Guys, there are TWO endings!

The helicopter one, and there is another one. THERE'S AN ENTIRE EXTRA MISSION!

Go DOWN the stairs instead of up to the helicopter. PLAY THE FINAL MISSION, YOU WILL SEE THE REAL ENDING.

Tystick357
17th Nov 2007, 19:38
I KNEW IT!

Man I told my bud, lets go down the stairs.

"No we have to leave in the helicopter." Yeah whatever. Haha.

Brikloss
18th Nov 2007, 20:09
That ending is so ridiculous, no matter what you do, your wrong.

fourzerotwo
21st Nov 2007, 22:17
How could you leave your men behind to burn?! Lynch should abandon you. I'm glad I chose to go rescue them, as being a scumbag, murdering thief, is one thing.... but betraying Lynch I CAN NOT DO!

sleeper707
24th Nov 2007, 17:37
Yeah the ending with Kane and Lynch saving his crew at the burning church was the better ending. But I think in order for a good sequel, the story will follow the ending with Kane ditching lynch and the crew to save his daughter.

This would leave for a good sequel in which we would play as Lynch in a revenge game.

NovaBlack
27th Nov 2007, 20:43
so let me get this straight...

i just played through a short 4 hour game (on HARDEST SETTING) and all i get is literally a 30 second cutscene (involving literally you.. some grass, your daughter and a horrible looking helicopter) where your daughter hates you

Or

a 30 second cutscene (involving literally.. water.. boat... 3 player models...) where your daughter dies...

so errmm what was the point in all that... you cant win either way?

it seems like this was meant to be like a halfway point in the game and they just ran outta time/money or the publishers threatened to pull funding and they ended it there.

and does anyone else think the story well... just kinda sucked..? i heard these reviews of AMAZING cinematic story etc etc, n it just seemed rubbish! it was great at first with gangs and bank robbing but then...randomly... you are fighting a guerilla war... i mean what the heck..

what kind of stupid story jump is that... city.. banks... criminals etc etc to random guerilla war with machine guns and rocket launchers.. i just though it seemed totally out of synch that they suddently decided oh.. the 7 go there..

spraehbuer
2nd Dec 2007, 03:28
...so errmm what was the point in all that... you cant win either way?

no you can't because this game has no (crappy hollywood like) happy end !!! and that's one of the things i really liked at this game. but you're right about the outro: there was no real end sequence . . . that was disappointing
. . . and yes it was too short . . . but since HL2 every FPS/TPS was quite short :(

...and does anyone else think the story well... just kinda sucked..? i heard these reviews of AMAZING cinematic story etc etc, n it just seemed rubbish! it was great at first with gangs and bank robbing but then...randomly... you are fighting a guerilla war... i mean what the heck.....

I don't know which reviews you read but maybe you should change the mag ;)
what i read about it was that the story was okay but the really good thing about this game were the main characters (design, voice acting and their relationship). and I have to say they were right.

sleeper707
2nd Dec 2007, 18:55
so let me get this straight...

i just played through a short 4 hour game (on HARDEST SETTING) and all i get is literally a 30 second cutscene (involving literally you.. some grass, your daughter and a horrible looking helicopter) where your daughter hates you

Or

a 30 second cutscene (involving literally.. water.. boat... 3 player models...) where your daughter dies...

so errmm what was the point in all that... you cant win either way?

it seems like this was meant to be like a halfway point in the game and they just ran outta time/money or the publishers threatened to pull funding and they ended it there.

and does anyone else think the story well... just kinda sucked..? i heard these reviews of AMAZING cinematic story etc etc, n it just seemed rubbish! it was great at first with gangs and bank robbing but then...randomly... you are fighting a guerilla war... i mean what the heck..

what kind of stupid story jump is that... city.. banks... criminals etc etc to random guerilla war with machine guns and rocket launchers.. i just though it seemed totally out of synch that they suddently decided oh.. the 7 go there..

Story wise its all personal taste. Some will like the story and characters while some will not. I myself liked its it was a welcome change from all the military shooters and sci fi shooters out there.

Disgraced Cop
3rd Dec 2007, 21:24
I loved the ending for the game, and although I wish it wasn't so abrupt and maybe a bit longer, I think it's the absolutely perfect conclusion to the story. You can't expect a happy ending when the two main characters are cold sadistic killers because really, a happy ending for that would be if they were both gunned down at the start of the game before they could harm anyone. They're the two people who shouldn't live to see the end because they're the most evil, despicable characters in the whole story. It's darkly ironic that in the end they're the only two ones still left alive. And even when Kane tries to do the right thing it ends up with his team and daughter dead, the only one left alive with him is a psychopath even more of a bastard than he is. It's a cold bleak ending for two cold bleak men and it's got a dark sense of humour to it too, I don't see how you could end it better.

Ban_Mido
4th Dec 2007, 04:36
One thing I do want to know is what ending will they use for the sequel? because the ending where jenny dies imo leaves Kane with nothing to live for, I mean his ex-wife is dead, jenny's dead, not sure if all of the7 are dead but I think they killed all of them. But the helicopter ending leaves Lynch to get some revenge on Kane for leaving him there. also another thing I kinda want to know, is it possible that jenny could still be alive even after she got shot? I mean maybe she just lost conciseness and in all of the drama every one thought she was dead, then that would leave Kane with something to do in the sequel.

Agent 23
4th Dec 2007, 06:58
I thought the story was great! The banks and break out... then to the guerrilla war... they are Mercs remember... they fight those wars... And the ending was classic, damned if you do damned if you don't, his soul was evil, and all that he touched or cared about was dead, cept lynch of course...

spraehbuer
5th Dec 2007, 02:30
One thing I do want to know is what ending will they use for the sequel? because the ending where jenny dies imo leaves Kane with nothing to live for, I mean his ex-wife is dead, jenny's dead, not sure if all of the7 are dead but I think they killed all of them. But the helicopter ending leaves Lynch to get some revenge on Kane for leaving him there. also another thing I kinda want to know, is it possible that jenny could still be alive even after she got shot? I mean maybe she just lost conciseness and in all of the drama every one thought she was dead, then that would leave Kane with something to do in the sequel.

If there will be a K&L2 I think it will be a prequel: How Kane become one of the7 seven? how he got the scar from Taramoto? what went wrong?. . .
the same with Lynch: did he really kill his wife? how did he get in contact with the7? . . .
a bit like hitman contracts and blood money: he gets shot after a (nonplayable) mission in 'contracts' and you get to play the mission in 'blood money' . . . which was by the way an awesome idea :thumbsup: