PDA

View Full Version : This is what I have been waiting for...

Arsh
16th Nov 2007, 02:48
I picked up Kane & Lynch today for my PS3.

It is... phenomenal. I am not kidding. It is literally one of the best games I have ever played. And that is not hyperbole. The controls are fantastic, the story is amazing, the presentation is completely cinematic and amazing. The visuals are great and the VO work is spectacular. Jesper Kyd's score is awesome. The story is one of the best I've ever seen in a game. Emotionally wrenching at times. It's great. It's in the same vein as Max Payne, the only other game that I've loved to this degree. The squad is easy to control, aiming is fine, I can pull of headshots any time, it's so easy. I've finished the first 10 missions so far, and my God, I feel like I'm going through a withdrawal without finishing the game. Even the little things, like calling the difficulty Aspirin, Codeine, and Morphine instead of Easy, Medium, Hard... it reminds me of Max Payne.

Thank you IO and Eidos. You have crafted one of the best crime games I have ever seen. I sincerely hope that this franchise will live on. It's one of the best out there.

My score for this game, it would be 10/10. Just. Damn. Amazing.

There are only two problems:

1) If only we could play through the story mode as Lynch or something upon completion.

2) If only the PS3 version of the game had the achievements like the 360 version. I've done a few of the things on that achievements list, but I feel down when I don't get applauded for pulling off cool stuff.

sublime90
16th Nov 2007, 04:53
thats great to hear, im glad your enjoying the game. i also love the max payne games because of the story and over all feel to it, wich is why K&L seems so appealing to me. unfortunatly though i have to wait untill next tuesday to play this game (i dont have a ps3 or 360, delayed pc version!!) until then i'll beat freedom fighters again! because boy do i love me some freedom fighters!

Dimhenion
16th Nov 2007, 06:15
I have it for 360, bought it today (w00t), and I must say it's damn fun.

Playing as Lynch would be awesome, but I guess I'll just have to settle for having my buddy come over and play as Kane while I'm Lynch. :P

Jeron
16th Nov 2007, 15:39
yeah that's what I wanna hear.
I really can't wait for the game, but I have patience, I can play Blood Money meanwhile ... good therapy ...