PDA

View Full Version : missing lever

Domilyon
7th Nov 2007, 17:19
I'm on the Midas Palace level at the fire pillar room, and I'm stuck. For some reason the croc and lever that are supposed to be there are not there. The wall panel where the lever should be is there but no lever. I can't get anywhere without it.:mad2: Any ideas?

humbug
7th Nov 2007, 17:28
Have you tried loading a previously saved game?

Domilyon
7th Nov 2007, 18:09
yup, I went back and redid the whole level because I was also having issues with door ways to blank space that made the game freeze. So after replaying it, the doorway glitch was gone but the lever still was not there.

Rai
9th Nov 2007, 15:24
I've had problems with blank spaces, but that's because my game is scratched (PS2), I haven't seen the lack of a switch before.

This may seem a bit bizarre, but have you actually tried to pull the switch even in its absence? There is usually a clue where the switch should be, perhaps if you used it anyway it might work. It might be there, just invisible?

I'm sorry, I can't be of more help.

Domilyon
9th Nov 2007, 18:46
I appreciate it, but yes I have tried just pulling it anyway. :confused: guess I might have to get another copy.

afborro
9th Nov 2007, 20:42
Ignore if you are playing the ps2 version, sounds like you are, but If your problem is for PC you might have a better bet try reinstalling the game, but check you got latest video drivers etc and reinstalling them also.

Such a bug would unlikely be caused by a bad DVD. It would either fail to read, hang, but I doubt strongly it would cause partial rendering of graphical objects.

I would also check dgramentation of you hard drive and if it is fragmented to defragment it.

The files that contains that info you are talking about, meshes and textures etc. are on you hard drive and read from there when playing, not read in from the DVD disk.

Domilyon
10th Nov 2007, 06:06
yeah, no. It's the PS2 version. Thanks though.

William Croft
30th Nov 2007, 18:29
Press action near where the lever should be.. Mabey?

Domilyon
30th Nov 2007, 19:48
nope already did that, thanks. I'm just going to trade in TR Legend towards a new copy of TR anniversary, but thank you to everyone for your ideas.