PDA

View Full Version : Co-op mode?

ilomon
7th Nov 2007, 13:44
Is the co-op mode the same as the single player mode? Is the same story?

mrags89
8th Nov 2007, 14:05
also, is there going to be online co-op in the pc version?

I know it says there is multiplayer but I don't know if there will be coop for the singleplayer campaign. If so, then sweet.

Jeron
8th Nov 2007, 15:03
There is no online coop mode for multiplayer.

Only singleplayer has coop feature, vertical splitscreen. So you better get a widescreen if you haven't already :p

Actually, the coop is the core of the game, you're meant to play the story with a bud.

mrags89
9th Nov 2007, 00:56
so nothing for the pc version huh?

Jeron
9th Nov 2007, 08:26
PC, 360 and PS3 are all the same, bud.

MaggieChow
9th Nov 2007, 17:38
Well how are you supposed to have 2 people on a pc?

If they think I'm going to get joypads or some crap like that then I'm done with this game right now.
Not having co-op in this game is the missed opportunity of the year.

Jeron
9th Nov 2007, 17:51
Well how are you supposed to have 2 people on a pc?

Splitscreen.

Keyboard + mouse = 20 dollars

If they think I'm going to get joypads or some crap like that then I'm done with this game right now.

Serously, what's wrong with a controller? It's super cheap.
And you can plug in a second keyboard and mouse bud. And those are cheap too.

Not having co-op in this game is the missed opportunity of the year.

The game has coop, it has the best coop of all games.
It doesn't have mp coop but that is NOT a missed opportunity, only a select few games have online coop. But NO games have a dual singleplayer. Which this one does have, for the very first time in gaming history, a fully supported dual singleplayer.

MaggieChow
11th Nov 2007, 17:12
so I have to spend extra for one of the capabilities? well this is going to be like Halflife 2 and needing internet to register it for a lot of people. People buy the game and a great majority of them then find they have to shell out more money for more hardware on top of the price of the game just to be able to fully use something they've payed for.

Don't think I'll be getting a controller that would be like playing on a console. yeuch....

Jeron
11th Nov 2007, 19:53
so I have to spend extra for one of the capabilities? well this is going to be like Halflife 2 and needing internet to register it for a few people. People buy the game and a minority of them then find they have to shell out more money for more hardware on top of the price of the game just to be able to fully use something they've payed for.

fixed.

Kieran_Y
11th Nov 2007, 21:12
"Which this one does have, for the very first time in gaming history, a fully supported dual singleplayer."

uhhhhhhhhhh... lol ever heard of Gears of War or Halo 3? Those were some pretty small budget titles that pretty much went under the radar... but those had the feature before K&L....

Jeron
11th Nov 2007, 22:54
No that's just deathmatch with bots in it.

Kieran_Y
11th Nov 2007, 23:27
and what makes Kane and Lynch's singplayer coop storyline any different than "deathmatch with bots in it"? You just kill(deathmatch) cops/criminals who are controlled by an AI (bots).

Jeron
12th Nov 2007, 07:08
It's still the complete singleplayer, without any cuts. On the contrary, it has more stuff in it then when you play alone.

Kieran_Y
12th Nov 2007, 09:27
and in what parts did Halo 3 and Gears of War have the storyline component cut out from the coop mode?

MaggieChow
13th Nov 2007, 17:28
Great so thats Kane and lynch price + a second keyboard + a second mouse.

And I don't think many pc gamers will get a joypad. If i wanted to feel like I'm steering a crane I'd just get a console.

Jeron
13th Nov 2007, 17:57
You know you can have your buddy bring his own keyboard/gamepad.

MaggieChow
14th Nov 2007, 19:12
LOL come round mine, don't forget your keyboard!

tNok85
14th Nov 2007, 22:48
If Kane & Lynch doesn't have coop multiplayer LAN/Online, I won't even buy it. :(

I do have a top end system and a 22" widescreen, which means split screen would LOOK okay... but really, I don't want to spend $50 on a game when I'm a serious coop gamer (my brother-in-law and I have coop'd just about EVERY coop PC game in existence) and there's a game released revolving around a TWO-PLAYER story without coop over LAN or Internet... if that's the case, they really screwed up.

Here's to hoping it has LAN/Internet coop.

Oh.. and to the person who said that coop storylines are just deathmatches against AI... No, they're not. What you need is a friend to play through a quality storyline with, and you'll understand just how wrong you are.