PDA

View Full Version : What is next for the Compilation of "Final Fantasy VII"?

Nights
30th May 2012, 21:44
Has anyone heard of any news of what is next for the Compilation of Final Fantasy VII? I haven't heard anything in quite awhile...

Or did SE just tie it all up and end it?

Asuha
30th May 2012, 21:51
Personally, I'd love to see a proper remake of Before Crisis.

Nights
30th May 2012, 21:56

This. They made a proper (ish...) remake of Kingdom Hearts: Coded, and so I imagine that this wouldn't be TOO much of a stretch.

It is very frustrating to know that we over here in the NA (and EU regions?) are missing out on a chunk of the Final Fantasy VII storyline...

SilverArrow20XX
30th May 2012, 22:12
I agree. I've been wanting a remake of BC for a long time. Hajime Tabata voiced a desire to remake it a while back.

Gaialei_Strife
30th May 2012, 22:13

A remake for Before Crisis would be excellent...

to tell the truth, though, it's a lot that's unfinished... Genesis said it himself at the end of Dirge of Cerberus!! Unfortunately, we're gonna have to wait until they finish Versus XIII (since, like... EVERYONE invovled with game development is busy with that at the moment) before they direct any energies toward FFVII.

30th May 2012, 22:32
I really hope too that they'll do a proper remake for it available in the west. And since everything related to FF7 is with playstation, I hope it will either be for ps3 or vita, unless ps4.

Then again, Im still dreaming about a remake of ff7 with an engine like for Versus XIII (graphics / world map / action-rpg gameplay / etc).

And since Vincent and Zack got their own spin-off, one could hope they make one for Sephiroth.

Gaialei_Strife
30th May 2012, 22:35
And since Vincent and Zack got their own spin-off, one could hope they make one for Sephiroth.

LOL well, you know what he said... He'll never be a memory... ;)

Carlos
30th May 2012, 23:04
Well one person in Square-Enix said he would "like" to remake Before Crisis on 3DS and another article I read on the net couple of years ago said that Square was intrested in another VII film...

member_10064306
30th May 2012, 23:08
I think what they really need to do is remake FF7. It would be great! :D

Gaialei_Strife
30th May 2012, 23:17
I think what they really need to do is remake FF7. It would be great! :D

It would... but I could see many hinderances and fan complaints.... Not that I care... I'd love to see it all beautiful and HD... but there's so much that would need to be changed... and how much they could incorporate into it... will we have our "Claudia Strife" scene?? what about the date choices?? Under the Highwind?? And of course... dialogue... No symbols would save Cid and Barrett... XDDDD

I can see a huge battle in the R&D phase picking what to keep, to throw away, and to add in...

espritduo
31st May 2012, 01:29
I want Before Crisis so bad. And the Lost Episodes of Dirge of Cerberus that focus on the life of the Tsviets before the game started. And there WILL be a sequel to the Compilation made someday. The ending of Dirge of Cerberus with Genesis and some of the oddities found in Crisis Core(Minerva?) pretty much demands that a sequel be made at some point. It's just a matter of when, not if. Personally, of the "big" projects still on the table for FFVII, I would order them like this, in terms of how much I want them:

1. Before Crisis on a proper game console, in English.

2. Lost Episodes on a proper game console, in English.

3. Sequel to Dirge of Cerberus, wrapping up the Genesis/Weiss thing, and explaining Minerva. Could be a game, movie, or even book. Preferably a game, but as long as it gets an English release, I'd be happy. I just want closure, dang it!

4. Remake of FFVII. This is on the bottom of the list, really. It's a story I already know and have played, as awesome as it was. The logistics of actually doing a proper, faithful remake of this game on a current gen platform are so daunting, though, I don't think this will ever happen. And if it does, we WILL be disappointed.

member_10803211
31st May 2012, 02:05
Before Crisis is at the top of my list.

I would also love to see a remake of FFVII, but at the same time, I like where it is. I suppose that is what makes something "classic". Though seeing all the characters in amazing, new cutscenes, and playing through a game that was made for the graphic power of the current/next gen game systems would be fun, I honestly think that way too much about what makes FFVII so great would be lost. I don't think I can pin down exactly what it is about the game that I love, but I know that, at least for me, it wouldn't be "right" remade. I don't think it would carry the same charm that it does now.

SilverArrow20XX
31st May 2012, 07:38
I don't think FFVII should be remade for a full HD console. It should be remade for Vita or something. Keep the gameplay unchanged. Just redo the translation and update the visuals and audio. A few extras, like compilation references would be nice too.

Abidan
31st May 2012, 11:13
I now think that remaking the original FFVII title is not as feasible as we once thought. Way too much needs to be changed even if the visuals are to be "upgraded". To get better visuals, more scenery needs to be interpolated, and will effect the story or gameplay in some way. I think SE would find their time best used making another title/IP. Having a mainstream edition of Before Crisis available to all audiences is definitely something that should and could be done in a reasonable amount of time. However, I think this is the only title that should be added to the compilation. I like the ambiguity of how Dirge of Cerberus leaves the timeline of FFVII. I don't understand why everything needs to be outlined; guessing is half the fun.

SilverArrow20XX
31st May 2012, 12:36
However, I think this is the only title that should be added to the compilation. I like the ambiguity of how Dirge of Cerberus leaves the timeline of FFVII. I don't understand why everything needs to be outlined; guessing is half the fun.

It's not even really ambiguous so much as ending the story on a cliffhanger. Good stories need resolution. Ending with Genesis returning and picking up Weiss definitely needs to be explained.

Abidan
31st May 2012, 12:50
It's not even really ambiguous so much as ending the story on a cliffhanger. Good stories need resolution. Ending with Genesis returning and picking up Weiss definitely needs to be explained.

It definitely is ambiguous. Ambiguity means that there are multiple interpretations or that a choice between alternatives has been made but is unclear as to which. Either Genesis picks up Weiss to perform deeds of redemption in response to what they have done or they continue to seek destruction. Those are two interpretations. There are many stories that are well written and enjoyable that conclude this way. The movie Inception is one such example.

SilverArrow20XX
31st May 2012, 14:33
It definitely is ambiguous. Ambiguity means that there are multiple interpretations or that a choice between alternatives has been made but is unclear as to which. Either Genesis picks up Weiss to perform deeds of redemption in response to what they have done or they continue to seek destruction. Those are two interpretations. There are many stories that are well written and enjoyable that conclude this way. The movie Inception is one such example.

An ambiguous ending is an ending that's left up to interpretation as to what exactly happened. Many good pieces end like this. Inception's ending is a good example. Is the top going indefinitely, implying he's still dreaming, or does the screen cut away just before it falls?

A character apparently dies during a movie. At the end of the movie the main character receives in the mail an item he had lent to said character. Was the character still alive and returning the item? Was someone else returning it? Who knows, it's ambiguous.

An item of great evil is disposed of at the bottom of the sea at the end of a story. In the epilogue it shows that many years later, it's washed up on the beach. Is someone going to find and use it again? Ambiguous.

Having a guy come out at the ending saying "Look at me, I'm about to carry out my plans, but you don't know what those plans are" is hardly ambiguous. There is nothing left up to interpretation. We simply don't know his plan yet. We KNOW he's going to do SOMEHING and that there IS more plot to tell regarding him. We just don't know the direction.

Mugen_Vtec
31st May 2012, 20:31
I'm gonna probably get flamed for saything this, but honestly, I think there shouldn't be more compilation titles for FFVII. FFVII AC was just right. Dirge of Cerberus kind of milked the series a bit too much IMO. Sure, it was good to see flashbacks of Vincent's past, but the whole thing about deep ground soldiers and such, I don't know, it just didn't speak to me that well and seemed a bit much. I personally didn't like the whole Genesis and Weiss thing either. I mean, it's pretty evident that in FFVII, Genesis and Weiss did not exist in the story, because when Zack and Sephiroth were in the Mt. Nibel's Mako reactor in FFVII, Genesis was never there, but in Crisis Core, he shows up. But I guess they had to put Genesis in Crisis Core to make things make sense for DoC. I mean, if they were going to do a compilation, it should have just been more of a prequel thing of Vincent when he was back in the Turks, sorta like how Crisis Core was. Then, the whole Genesis and Weiss thing would never been introduced. I guess my biggest gripe is that...introducing characters like they've been in the story from the start when they clearly haven't.

SilverArrow20XX
1st Jun 2012, 07:30
So they should just not finish the story and leave the fans hanging because you don't like the games very much?

Nights
1st Jun 2012, 08:39
So they should just not finish the story and leave the fans hanging because you don't like the games very much?

That's what I got from the above poster as well.

Honestly, SE will, at the end of the day, do what they want to print more money. I am sure that there will be some more Final Fantasy VII love coming out eventually...

Though the biggest problem with that is the fact that the series is at least ten years old at this point and the original game is ONLY available on a dead platform or through PSN (which doesn't get the most promotion in the world, unless its something like Journey which I love).

Grimoire
1st Jun 2012, 11:13
Rather than a remake, the staff has expressed interest in a re-arrangement of the original game. Also:

"Nomura commented on the idea of a Final Fantasy VII remake acknowledging the many fan requests. However, right now, Nomura is working on new titles, which are a higher priority at the moment. Nomura says he will try his best to make a game equal or possibly even more successful than Final Fantasy VII."

(Famitsu)

SilverArrow20XX
1st Jun 2012, 12:14
Rather than a remake, the staff has expressed interest in a re-arrangement of the original game. Also:

"Nomura commented on the idea of a Final Fantasy VII remake acknowledging the many fan requests. However, right now, Nomura is working on new titles, which are a higher priority at the moment. Nomura says he will try his best to make a game equal or possibly even more successful than Final Fantasy VII."

(Famitsu)

How does that quote at all express interest to rearrange it? He aknowledged that he knew the fans frequently requested a remake and that it might possibly happen on day.

Grimoire
1st Jun 2012, 12:20
Hm? Nomura didn't say anything about a re-arrangement. I simply quoted his toughts on the subject.

Mugen_Vtec
1st Jun 2012, 12:32

I honestly feel like it should have ended at FFVII AC, that had a good ending that wraps everything up. And for the record, I didn't say I didn't like the games very much. I really liked Crisis Core, everything about it was great except, like I said, the introduction of characters like Genesis that were not in the original FFVII to begin with and making it seem like they were in the story from the start. Like the whole G project thing and stuff. I mean, I can live with the fact because it's possible there's some areas in FFVII's story that weren't told and the whole Genesis and G project stuff could fit in. But like Angeal. He's the perfect example, he fits in the FFVII universe perfectly. But when it becomes the center of DoC with Weiss being the antagonist, I don't know how I feel about that. And especially since DoC came out before Crisis Core, at the secret ending where Genesis was first seen, I was like.."WHAA????" I mean, if Genesis was just in Crisis Core like Angeal was and did not transcend to other games, I would be okay with that.

As for DoC, sure the mechanics could have been improved. But the story is believable. I can believe that Shinra had other underground facilities that did testing on humans since they are Shinra, and Vincent's story is a nice touch too. But I don't know, other than that, other things just felt like an afterthought to me. It just didn't make a huge impact on me I guess.

member_10825346
1st Jun 2012, 12:44
I'm gonna probably get flamed for saything this, but honestly, I think there shouldn't be more compilation titles for FFVII. FFVII AC was just right. Dirge of Cerberus kind of milked the series a bit too much IMO. Sure, it was good to see flashbacks of Vincent's past, but the whole thing about deep ground soldiers and such, I don't know, it just didn't speak to me that well and seemed a bit much. I personally didn't like the whole Genesis and Weiss thing either. I mean, it's pretty evident that in FFVII, Genesis and Weiss did not exist in the story, because when Zack and Sephiroth were in the Mt. Nibel's Mako reactor in FFVII, Genesis was never there, but in Crisis Core, he shows up. But I guess they had to put Genesis in Crisis Core to make things make sense for DoC. I mean, if they were going to do a compilation, it should have just been more of a prequel thing of Vincent when he was back in the Turks, sorta like how Crisis Core was. Then, the whole Genesis and Weiss thing would never been introduced. I guess my biggest gripe is that...introducing characters like they've been in the story from the start when they clearly haven't.

I'm with you, man.

Final Fantasy VII has been my favorite FF since I first played it in '97, and I've followed the story through Advent Children, DoC, and most of Crisis Core (I admit, I have not finished it). That said, FF7 was initially made with the intent that it would be a stand-alone game. I know it was a milestone because it was the first rendered FF game, but I hardly believe Square thought it would be so explosively popular that fans would want prequels and sequels and spin-offs galore. If they planned that stuff from the beginning, they definitely would have added those small bits like Genesis at the Mt. Nibel reactor, purposefully not going into detail as to who that other guy was so they could elaborate in a future game. Of course I wouldn't expect everyone's entire backstory to be explicity laid out for us in FF7, so there's obviously mystery that surrounds Zack and his origins, but I think that's necessary. You don't need ALL the answers. Sometimes it's fun to make up your own reasons for why this happened or how that character came into a specific situation.

Mugen_Vtec
1st Jun 2012, 12:57

I'm with you, man.

Final Fantasy VII has been my favorite FF since I first played it in '97, and I've followed the story through Advent Children, DoC, and most of Crisis Core (I admit, I have not finished it). That said, FF7 was initially made with the intent that it would be a stand-alone game. I know it was a milestone because it was the first rendered FF game, but I hardly believe Square thought it would be so explosively popular that fans would want prequels and sequels and spin-offs galore. If they planned that stuff from the beginning, they definitely would have added those small bits like Genesis at the Mt. Nibel reactor, purposefully not going into detail as to who that other guy was so they could elaborate in a future game. Of course I wouldn't expect everyone's entire backstory to be explicity laid out for us in FF7, so there's obviously mystery that surrounds Zack and his origins, but I think that's necessary. You don't need ALL the answers. Sometimes it's fun to make up your own reasons for why this happened or how that character came into a specific situation.

Yes! Thank you! Those are my thoughts exactly, that all these sequels and prequels were not intended. And some are intergrated better than others into the FFVII universe. But there's a point where it gets a bit much. But yeah, I totally agree with you how not everyone's backstory is laid out crystal clear...and it shouldn't be. Sometimes our own reasons and theories are much more intriguing than what the actual intended back story was :D

But like for XIII and XIII-2. Those weren't afterthoughts, they did a good job in tying the two together...and now it's just getting started to really dwell deep into the nova cystallis mythos. There's dialogue and instances in XIII that had direct connection to XIII-2, and XIII-2 leaves quite a big room for XIII-3 to come in.

member_10825346
1st Jun 2012, 13:08
I'd like to compare it to Kingdom Hearts. Nomura knew that series was a gamble, so he made the first game solid enough that it could stand alone. He had more ideas he wanted to implement, but had to wait to see if the game really took off before he knew if he could make more. That's why he added the bonus video at the end. If fans wanted more, the video would be (and has since been, in very great detail) explained. If it flopped, the bonus scene would just be a confusing little snippet that was thrown in for seemingly no reason. Granted, the KH storyline is now a bit convoluted and over-the-top, and I do think some of it is being made up as they go along, but there WAS at least the pretense of wanting to expand the world and overall story, so it's worked out really well. FF7 was originally just a standalone, so some new content or characters that pop up just clash with the original and don't make a whole lot of sense.

Don't worry, man. You're not alone in your thoughts. ;)

SilverArrow20XX
1st Jun 2012, 14:56
I agree that FFVII worked fine as a standalone game. It had a somewhat ambiguos ending that made you think and everything that really needed to be answered was. Advent Children came next and revealed that the people survived meteorfall. It introduced it's own plot elements and concluded them all within itself.

If it had ended there, it would have been fine.

Dirge of Cerberus came out however and introduced new plot elements and never concluded them. Now that those plot elements exist, they need to get closure. I agree that FFVII was fine by itself, but the compilation is not fine as it is now. They added to a complete story and made it incomplete. They need to complete it.

Hm? Nomura didn't say anything about a re-arrangement. I simply quoted his toughts on the subject.

Ah. I didn't see the "also".

Summoner
1st Jun 2012, 15:05
I remember hearing something about a remaster when the PS3 was coming out but I remember also them saying not to look to much into it cause they just wanted to see what the opening would look like if they remastered on the PS3 system.

DavidFCG
10th Jun 2012, 16:20
I think....that...eventually this combo would make sense:

FF7 remake for vita + FF BC Remake for vita

HD collection for PS3 including those two and crisis core. and ignore DoC. never happened.

Jackstin
11th Jun 2012, 15:19
Crisis Core never happened as far as I'm concerned.

iambasho777
15th Jun 2012, 01:39
Why would you want to ignore Crisis Core? It explained a ton, like why Cloud took on Zack's personality, what made Zack and Sephiroth who they were, how the 13 Sephiroth clones were made, everything that actually happened at Nibelheim... it has a lot going for it to be needed in the series. My biggest question from FFVII was "what caused all of this?", and Crisis Core answered it. Dirge, though... bleh. It was kinda fun, and explained why Vincent is a vampire/zombie/Chaos thingymajig, but bringing Genesis back (or rather, introducing him since Dirge came out before CC) just felt way unnecessary.

Next in the compilation, I would like to see a remake of FFVII the way it was originally planned, with Aerith's name spelled correctly, "this guy are sick" fixed, and Aerith's death back where it was originally planned (she has lines in a few places AFTER her death that hackers have found up to halfway through disc 3, meaning they moved her death halfway through production after it was already scripted). I would really have liked having her around for more than the first disc. Barring that, I would enjoy getting a chance to play Before Crisis on Android, 3DS, or PS3.

DavidFCG
15th Jun 2012, 12:46
Why would you want to ignore Crisis Core? It explained a ton, like why Cloud took on Zack's personality, what made Zack and Sephiroth who they were, how the 13 Sephiroth clones were made, everything that actually happened at Nibelheim... it has a lot going for it to be needed in the series. My biggest question from FFVII was "what caused all of this?", and Crisis Core answered it. Dirge, though... bleh. It was kinda fun, and explained why Vincent is a vampire/zombie/Chaos thingymajig, but bringing Genesis back (or rather, introducing him since Dirge came out before CC) just felt way unnecessary.

Next in the compilation, I would like to see a remake of FFVII the way it was originally planned, with Aerith's name spelled correctly, "this guy are sick" fixed, and Aerith's death back where it was originally planned (she has lines in a few places AFTER her death that hackers have found up to halfway through disc 3, meaning they moved her death halfway through production after it was already scripted). I would really have liked having her around for more than the first disc. Barring that, I would enjoy getting a chance to play Before Crisis on Android, 3DS, or PS3.

Totally agree on everything, not to mention Crisis Core can hold its own as standalone RPG if you haven't played or seen any other FF7 relate media. You miss out on a lot of things, but its still very fun and the story is still compelling. I can't say the same for dirge of cerberus...

And yeah, those changes in FF7 were prolly due to technical limitations so in a remake they SHOULD be able to follow the original script as it was intended back then.

new_tradition
23rd Jun 2012, 01:16
I know many people are clamouring for a Hi-Def FFVII remake thanks to the potential in Advent Children (Complete). However, I'm still more interested about the actual story's plot hole.

In terms of chronological order, Dirge of Cerberus was the latest game in the series, and those who play will understand what I mean with it's secret ending that showed Weiss being saved by Genesis. Genesis who previously (timeline wise, I mean, lol) in Crisis Core was hinted to have been saved by Weiss and Nero in the secret ending for some reason

So, uhhh...Where does that leave the story?

Automaton
23rd Jun 2012, 01:38
According to comments related to the Compilation, the project was supposed to last until the 20th anniversary of the original game. So they have 4-ish years or so to tie it off.

new_tradition
23rd Jun 2012, 13:01
According to comments related to the Compilation, the project was supposed to last until the 20th anniversary of the original game. So they have 4-ish years or so to tie it off.

Interesting. Maybe they can do something after Versus or KH3 get's pushed out. I can see them making a Vita game...

Curious what the story could be though. Who the main character may be, etc.

iambasho777
23rd Jun 2012, 14:39
Well, it might be Nanaki (Red XIII). We still don't know where his girl in FFVII's ending game from, and they've left Cosmo Canyon out of both Dirge and Crisis Core when they made it out to be such an important spiritual place in VII, which is odd to me with Genesis' obsession with the "Gift of the Goddess". I think it would be awesome to get an action rpg with Nanaki as the main character, they could do so much stuff with that type of battle system. Storywise, I guess it would be about what kind of destruction Weiss and Genesis are causing.

new_tradition
24th Jun 2012, 07:29
Well, it might be Nanaki (Red XIII). We still don't know where his girl in FFVII's ending game from, and they've left Cosmo Canyon out of both Dirge and Crisis Core when they made it out to be such an important spiritual place in VII, which is odd to me with Genesis' obsession with the "Gift of the Goddess". I think it would be awesome to get an action rpg with Nanaki as the main character, they could do so much stuff with that type of battle system. Storywise, I guess it would be about what kind of destruction Weiss and Genesis are causing.

I recall some very (VERY) brief dialog about there being a female of the same species as Nanaki mentioned in Crisis Core, so allegedly ShinRa had her, but I guess Nanaki didn't know that *shrugs*

I do like the idea of him having his own game as a possible lead up to that "500 Years Later..." idea. Though it's a bit morbid considering Midgar was left in ruins (however, I can't remember how far Edge is from Midgard, so maybe that city is still around that far into the future).

I kind of wanna see Barret get some shared limelight too. Reevus and Yuffie got some face time in DoC with Vincent, and the others got a decent amount in the other games, so I think he deserves some attention ^^

member_10074094
24th Jun 2012, 23:00
I almost feel like V13 is a test run for the compilation's finale. Another forum I belonged to discussed the idea of a game where you could swap between the characters and change your playstyle based on that character, with barret/vincent being third-person shooters, and Cloud's gameplay somehow focusing on managing First Tsurugi.

But, if there is to be a finale, it should be about Cloud. He is the main character, and should remain so. I would greatly like to see the entire cast make some appearances, especially as permanent party members if the game is large in scale...

honestly, though, could care less about genesis or nero or weiss. Bring Cissnei back. She was adorable.

new_tradition
26th Jun 2012, 17:56
I almost feel like V13 is a test run for the compilation's finale. Another forum I belonged to discussed the idea of a game where you could swap between the characters and change your playstyle based on that character, with barret/vincent being third-person shooters, and Cloud's gameplay somehow focusing on managing First Tsurugi.

But, if there is to be a finale, it should be about Cloud. He is the main character, and should remain so. I would greatly like to see the entire cast make some appearances, especially as permanent party members if the game is large in scale...

honestly, though, could care less about genesis or nero or weiss. Bring Cissnei back. She was adorable.

That's an interesting idea, though I think maybe they'd save that for the remake. So far, S-E's "spin-off" FFVII games have been focusing only on single character gameplay. Though If they could make a party system in the potential new game, that would be awesome ^^

As for Cloud being the main, I guess I can understand that. But Cloud's beef was with Sephiroth, so unless he remembers Genesis from his SOLDIER days, I can't imagine too much emotional tension-unless Sephiroth comes back, again xD

Cissnei was nice, but she kept getting between Zack and Aerith, so on principle I have to raise my nose on her, lol.

member_10074094
27th Jun 2012, 22:50

That's an interesting idea, though I think maybe they'd save that for the remake. So far, S-E's "spin-off" FFVII games have been focusing only on single character gameplay. Though If they could make a party system in the potential new game, that would be awesome ^^

As for Cloud being the main, I guess I can understand that. But Cloud's beef was with Sephiroth, so unless he remembers Genesis from his SOLDIER days, I can't imagine too much emotional tension-unless Sephiroth comes back, again xD

Cissnei was nice, but she kept getting between Zack and Aerith, so on principle I have to raise my nose on her, lol.

I don't think that about Cissnei. Observing the characters, I honestly don't find any actual instances of love throughout the compilation... and yes, that includes Cloud/Tifa, Cloud/Aerith, and Zack/Aerith. There is some emotional attachment and physical attaction in all these relationships, and Zack and Aerith come closer than the others to being in love, according to Crisis Core, but FF7 has Aerith stating that their relationship wasn't serious. The exceptions to this observation is Vincent, who is truely in love with Lucrecia, and Cissnei, whose behavior indicates that she isn't there to be in Zack and Aerith's way... she actually is in love with Zack, probably from the time spent on vacation with him, and she is more motivated than the other turks to find and rescue him before the shinra military. Many of her lines in Crisis Core suggest a more genuine love for him than other characters (I think at least).

And Sephiroth will return. He even said so. It will only be the third return... his constant appearances in other games make him appear to pop up more often than he actually does in his original plotline. Maybe he will even be saved.

Summerrain
13th Jul 2012, 03:40
Honestly I would love a remake.. But I would love it if square made a game for another character. Like yuffie. I mean she's the daughter to a ruler. It would be nice to see how the characters aged and what square decided to do with them. It would be nice if they shined the light on CID and Barrett also. Idk just a thought.

member_10024934
24th Jul 2012, 09:46
A remake with a worldwide release of Before Crisis for certain. That seems more imaginable than an actual remake of Final Fantasy VII (And I must be one of the weirdest of the fans to say, I don't want FFVII to be remade.). I'm a huge fan of the Turks/Shinra (Rufus is my overall favorite FFVII character) and reading a translated script urks me. I really would love to sit and play the game myself, it would be much more entertaining. Also, for those that played Crisis Core, it would answer a lot of questions about Cissnei and other Before Crisis references made in the game.

An English translation of any novellas that haven't been officially translated, such as the later chapters of On The Way To A Smile and The Kids Are Alright. We only have Case of Denzel, Tifa, and Barret officially translated.

Rereleasing the Final Fantasy VII: Snowboarding game for cell phones. With smart phones now, it be nice to have an app for that. Also, one for DoC: Lost Episodes.

Although this is just me, but maybe an English dubbing of Last Order and Case of Denzel would be nice for some fans who don't like subtitles. (I had no problem with how they were anyway, but some people did want them dubbed.)

And yes, maybe a wee bit of closure on what happened in the ending of Dirge of Cerberus with Genesis/Wiess. I don't care how, but I'd like to see that again.

Just... No remake. I am glad to see they are working on bringing VII to modern day PCs, It's cheaper and faster to do and still brings in the income.

member_10078668
24th Jul 2012, 20:19

I'm with you on Dirge of Cerberus. It felt kind of like a badly written fanfiction for a character that was optional to add to your main team. Not that I'm hating on Vincent or anything, but it did felt a bit much to add to FF7's story. I love Crisis Core, but even I felt the Genesis inserts were a bit of a stretch to force him into scenes that never originally had them. Overall though, I personally feel it would've been fine if they had Crisis Core and Advent Children and leave it at that. A trilogy would've been much better than a compilation, in my opinion.

aaronwebb91
2nd Aug 2012, 01:04
only think i want is for zack to be brought back. if sephiroth can be brought back time after time then they must be able to find a way from zack and angel to come back. after that they can d0o whatever they want.

Timmei
19th Aug 2012, 14:02
I sat down last night, after having played through Crisis Core and then downloading the recent re-release of FF VII, that Square Enix certainly needs to make more in the realm of FF VII. I know everyone asks for a remake, and I have been guilty of it in the past, but I don't mean a remake. Bringing Before Crisis to other regions would be a great start, but what about doing another sequel? Hold on, I know what you're thinking, that if they made another sequel like Dirge of Cerberus that someone would want to punch the makers of it in the throat.

But, honestly, after getting theough CC again, I realized how much I love the world of FF VII. I would love to see one more game made, but this time, bring it back to it's roots. We all know that a remake of the beloved gamed is highly unlikely, but what about making a sequel after DoC? There are already loose ends that could be tied up in another game.

The most important thing would be to bring back a more traditional battle system! No more shooters, please! CC's battle system worked out well for me, but I don't know how well it could work for a group of three running around. You could make it similar to FF XII, but keep the core of CC's battle system, but who knows, those are just some ideas.

With how Square Enix stands now, they have stated that making these big expansive games may be coming to an end very soon, which gives me little hope of getting big games on Playstation every again. In my opinion, I would be happy to see a well made sequel on the PS Vita. The graphics for CC were nicely done on the PSP, and I can imagine that making something for the Vita would make them look even better.

I guess it's meerly wishful thinking on my part, seeing as how they have pushed the limits on making sequels and prequels, but would love to see more of the world of F VII. It would fill my heart with happiness. My only worry would be the story... But it's not like this will happen anytime soon, if at all! xD

Grimoire
19th Aug 2012, 16:15
"With Advent Children Complete, The Compilation of Final Fantasy VII has come to an end [for now]", says Wada.

However, it seems he didn't count TURKS -The Kids Are Alright-.

Timmei
19th Aug 2012, 18:18
I don't believe it for a second though. They could do more with it. I have no idea where I read it, but someone said they wanted to keep the compilation going until 2017. Maybe a game will be released around then, but who knows, that's five years in the future at this point! Maybe as a 20th anniversary game.

And yeah, the Turks have something more already, so we can't rule anything out. It may have just been how he was feeling at the time, but other people had different plans.

FFVII4Ever
9th Sep 2012, 22:53
Like many others said, a remake for Before Crisis would be very nice. I know it does tell a lot of the story, and introduce many former members of the Turks that I have never heard of. Like someone else mentioned about KH Coded, they also remade Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories which was originally on the GBA for the PS2. If they can do that, I do believe they can also do it for Before Crisis. Though I know BC didn't have many if any CG or animated scenes, but either way...it would be very nice, especially for those of us who aren't in Japan to play the original.

As for other FFVII games to come...all I know is that Square Enix did announce that they do expect the series to double in size. That means another 4-5 games, and possibly another movie (they said they're considering it). I'm beyond thrilled to hear this. They did say they hope to finish the FFVII compilation by it's 20th anniversery, which is 2016 I believe. At this point in time though, there's just no way that can happen, so maybe they can have the first game out by then. I mainly say this because they did say that they don't want to start any of it until they finish a few big projects they are working on: Kingdom Hearts 3 and the Final Fantasy XIII series. So, hopefully after KH3, FF Verus XIII, and FF XIII-3 is released...they can begin production on this. I will continue to patient, but I can't help being so excited and grateful that SE isn't abandoning FFVII like I thought they might.

Basically....I just want new FFVII titles to be released. I won't be picky, I do have faith in SE after all, mainly after seeing there success with Crisis Core and Dirge of Cerberus. I just personally want to see another game that is moving forward with the story and series. Meaning no more playing what happened in the past like Crisis Core (even though CC is personally my favorite FFVII game, I just can't see another past-type game being very good and not repetitive). So, as long as 2 or 3 of those games are moving forward....I'll be happy. I do also hope that at LEAST one of the future games comes out on a console. At this point, I really don't care what console...it's just that SE has been going a bit crazy with the portable systems in my opinion. Seeing another console FFVII game would be beyond nice :)

alanman178
14th Sep 2012, 17:41
I've been playing ff games since 1990. FF7 is my favorite. It's the only game I've played that I had ZERO complaints about all of the way through. I'd love to see a remake. Personally, I think most of the fans would like to see this game made using today's technology. I've read that Square-Enix doesn't have the time or enough people to work on it right now. It sounds like this to me, "We can't make what you want right now, we're too busy working on other things." I've been loyal to this company for 22 years. Give me what I want, or I'll go away. lol It's that simple.

tflores
22nd Sep 2012, 11:01
i want to know whatpeople think about another ff7 game. if there will be one who it will be about gameplay elements anything.

Grimoire
22nd Sep 2012, 11:06
Wada: "The Compilation has come to an end for the moment."

Please use the search function.

What is next for the Compilation of "Final Fantasy VII"? na.square-enix.com/go/thread/view/139235... (/go/thread/view/139235/29149643/What_is_next_for_the_Compilation_of_Final_Fantasy_VII)

And read the forum guidelines: na.square-enix.com/go/thread/view/139233... (/go/thread/view/139233/29068965/General_Forum_Guidelines)

"the nxt final fantasy"

The next new FINAL FANTASY game will be FINAL FANTASY XIII: LIGHTNING RETURNS.

tflores
23rd Sep 2012, 11:08
Wada: "The Compilation has come to an end for the moment."

Please use the search function.

What is next for the Compilation of "Final Fantasy VII"? na.square-enix.com/go/thread/view/139235... (/go/thread/view/139235/29149643/What_is_next_for_the_Compilation_of_Final_Fantasy_VII)

And read the forum guidelines: na.square-enix.com/go/thread/view/139233... (/go/thread/view/139233/29068965/General_Forum_Guidelines)

"the nxt final fantasy"

The next new FINAL FANTASY game will be FINAL FANTASY XIII: LIGHTNING RETURNS.

i dont really see how given how dirge of cerberous left off

SREPCfg-363537
27th Feb 2013, 08:26
Final Fantasy 7 is a title that still give interesting points in history of RPG/Action games.

Despite this, Square Enix continues to product this saga only for small console or iPhone, decreasing his gameplay and graphic,

as Square do with all his best titles.

I miss the times when big videogames were only for big consoles in best quality.

moooka
27th Feb 2013, 10:46
VII for iPhone? When did that happen?

Doktarichid
21st Apr 2013, 01:11
I was playing FF7 today and I was thinking what a badass Sephiroth was. I think it would be awesome if Square would come out with a game where you could live out Sephiroths life from the beginning of his Shinra training, while he rises through the ranks in SOLDIER, what he does during his 5 year absence, all the way through to the end where you become a big crazy Sephiroth beast in the promised land. Pretty sure it could denitiely kickass to play as Sephiroth.

Grimoire
21st Apr 2013, 03:28
This thread belongs in the [Compilation of FINAL FANTASY VII (http://na.square-enix.com/go/forum/view/139235/233993/compilation_of_final_fantasy_vii)] forum.

ZerotheEri
21st May 2013, 20:17
The question is: Should Square Enix make a Final Fantasy VII game that takes place after the events of Dirge of Cerberus?

Grimoire
22nd May 2013, 03:09
The only thing we know is that GACKT has nothing against such a game, as long as it's Nomura who asks him to re-represent his role as Genesis.

(By the way: Episode: Denzel is set after the events of DC, and the world seems peaceful at that time. Genesis has been said to "watch over the Planet in times of need", which means he probably won't appear unless a new crisis threatens the world.)

member_10247755
13th Jun 2013, 13:28
They left us hanging with the ending of Dirge of Cerberus. Some sort of resolution would be nice.

FantasyDreamKey
12th Sep 2013, 19:16
I agree that they left the compilation incomplete with the cliffhanger at the secret ending of Dirge of Cerberus. I want a new Final Fantasy 7 game that complete this compilation with a happy ending. I read rumor on internet that they were going to make "Final Fantasy 7 Endless Crisis" when they finish Dirge of Cerberus. They were going to remake Final Fantasy 7,8 and 9 on the Playstation 2 with better graphics and bonus contents but canceled it because of money loss on "Spirit Within" movie (that what I read on the internet). Let hope they remake Final Fantasy 7, 8 and 9 on the Playstation 4 with better graphics and bonus contents (they should do it since they remake Final Fantasy 1 to 6 and 10).

cloudsquallxiii
30th Sep 2013, 20:48
i dont want another ffvii film i want a game that has a gripping story as 7 did i also wish for cloud to be main character again i think he will to finish off what zack started with genisis ffvii is my best game ever and always will be i love it to bits then 8 haha

FantasyDreamKey
2nd Oct 2013, 11:52
I love Cloud to be the main character again in a sequel game. Also love to control the other party members as well. I want to see new moves/limit breaks (especially Cloud with his fusion swords). Also to keep it to the same style of the Final Fantasy 7 game with improve gameplay and graphic.
Cloud is one of the main characters that stand out to me the most (as well as being cool, interesting and most memorable character). I love the other heroes (except Final Fantasy 11 and 14 as I never played the games) but as I said before the hero that I will remember from the Final Fantasy series will be Cloud (my first Final Fantasy game is FF7).

GeneralBoscogn
15th Feb 2014, 12:51
Letter to Lead Programmers at Square Enix:

Recently, FFVII was released for steam. For a long time, ever since FFVII was released, I had ideas on how to make a multiplayer Downloadable mod out of FFVII. by combining elements of FFVIII and Crisis Core Into FFVII. Not sure how to contact square on how to submit ideas, but If someone in an administrative Department see this post ; can forward this to the people who actually create the games, that would be great.

FFVII Battle arena. would be a competitive mod, in which players will play against each other through the FFVII system of materia, items and skills from the original game. Skilled programmers and coders can easily reverse engineer the data and variables to fit the needs of gamers. All the skins and abilties from other compatible game would be included.

I'm sure it will generate much revenue from old school fans like myself, along with those who enjoyed the battle system of the original FFVII game. No form of payment is necessary (unless they wish to) :-). my payment would be to play this mod I have a few ideas that i can submit on how to make such an experience.

Thanks for your time. Hope to hear back with interest to the concept of a FFVII Multiplayer Battle arena.

Grimoire
19th Feb 2014, 11:57
Square Enix registers trademark for Final Fantasy VII’s Shinra Company (http://www.siliconera.com/2014/02/18/square-enix-registers-trademark-final-fantasy-viis-shinra-company/)
(Siliconera)
― Square Enix keeps saying that a Final Fantasy VII remake is too big of a project to take on, but perhaps they’re doing something else with the Final Fantasy VII universe.

FantasyDreamKey
19th Feb 2014, 16:16
I heard that they wanted to remake FF7 Before Crisis for the DS, maybe that what they're doing.

I personally want more RPG style games (and maybe action type games) that continue the FF7 story and also conclude the FF7 universe with a happy ending. I want the main characters to be playable as well as introducing new characters and old characters.

Grimoire
22nd Jul 2014, 14:54
THEATRHYTHM FINAL FANTASY CURTAIN CALL Legacy of Music Campaign Contest (http://na.square-enix.com/us/blog/theatrhythm-final-fantasy-curtain-call-legacy-music-campaign-contest-final-fantasy-vii-vignette) & FINAL FANTASY VII Vignette
- The contest is a homage to the song that started it all, the “Main Theme” of FINAL FANTASY.