PDA

View Full Version : TRA for XBOX 360 Big progress save Issue (keep losing game data)

Dishwasher
28th Oct 2007, 12:31
Ok, So I loved Tomb raider legend for Xbox 360 and was very happy to finally be able to buy TRA.

I seem to be in a bit of a pickle though :(. When I quit playing the game and want to continue the next day all my progress saves are gone ie: (Costumes unlocked replay level levels, everything except for regular saved games :()

First time that this happened I got a "Corrupted data Error" I thought the usual curses and decided that I must have somehow turned off the Xbox while a save or load was in progress (Although I've never done that before as far as I know)
I decided do delete all the saved game info of my TRA game and start all over again. Yesterday I shut down my consle after some 6!! hours of playing and guess what happened today?

Yup all the replay and reward saves where gone once again :(... But this time I was SURE the game wasn't saving or loading when I shut down the console
Now I have to do all the time trials I finished all over again and in one run.. but I don't dare to begin with em before I'm sure that this won't happen again.

Anyone any idea's on this??

Chris@Crystal
29th Oct 2007, 20:49
Hi there,
I've attempted to recreate the save/load problem you are having, but have not been able to. Can you give me some additional information as in:

Where are you saving the game exactly?
Are you saving to an MU or the internal hard drive?
Anything else you think we could try to reproduce your problem.

Thanks.

~Chris

RainaAudron
30th Oct 2007, 08:23
oh this sounds familiar to me!!!:eek:
the same thing happened to me although it was with Pokemon Silver on GBC - I´ve saved the data, turned off the GBC. When I turned the power back on, no saved game was there!!!:confused:

Senor Verde
3rd Nov 2007, 07:05
I just had the same problem. Got all relics and artifacts up through Greece, got to the first level in Egypt, saved and quit. Rebooted later, chose "resume" and the game starts me in Croft manor. All "quest" items had been completed in Croft manor, so I started in the music room, but my stats listed no artifacts. Manually loaded my actual Egypt savegame and the same circumstances happened as with the poster above (i.e. picking up ammo showed the hint screen as if it was my first time picking up ammo). Saving showed my progress at 0% and all unlocked items were gone.

I was saving to my hard drive. No MU inserted. :mad2:

When going through Croft manor in this state, stats list no artifacts found, but when I go to their location, the artifacts are gone. Restarted Croft manor from scratch, ran through to completion. Saved at the suggested save point in the music room and exit. Try to get back into Croft manor and the game gives the "Corrupted Save" error. Again, saved to my hard drive. The only way to correct is to manually erase the savegame from my hard drive.

Mrmonkah
6th Nov 2007, 15:05
I have had the same problem also.

I infact completed the whole game collecting all of the Artifacts and Relics yesterday afternoon. I also did the first 2 Peru levels on time trials. I came to switch on today and booted up the game. When i went to do the time trials, my saved game data was all lost too.

I have a feeling it has something to do with signing into your account on some one elses xbox. I have my profile on a friends system and it sometimes signs in as me when he boots up. It apparently happened yesterday evening and thats probably when the data went wandering.

Itd be nice if i could get confirmation on this and itd be nice to get a fix for the problem. I dont fancy having to retrieve all of the relics each time i come to play the game.

Dishwasher
10th Nov 2007, 01:20
Hi there,
I've attempted to recreate the save/load problem you are having, but have not been able to. Can you give me some additional information as in:

Where are you saving the game exactly?
Are you saving to an MU or the internal hard drive?
Anything else you think we could try to reproduce your problem.

Thanks.

~Chris

Hiya Yeah I have some more information for yah.. sorry for the late reply but I found a way to prevent the problem from happening.

Ok I lose the data when I shut off my console during a time trial. It happened to me twice. Both times I was attempting a time trial in the lost valley level (First time was at least somewhere in Peru not 100% sure it was lost valley).
I have an premium XBOX 360 and use a standard harddrive for saving games...

I must say It's just that I love Tomb Raider gameplay that made me able to finish the game.. I NEVER EVER had so much problems with any 360 games as I had with TRA.

First off all I lost the mentioned saved data... TWICE!!! then the game crashes saying I have a dirty DVD :S.. Never happend to me before I always carefully store all my 28 Xbox 360 Games, also the DVD was perfectly clean :s

After this crash I reloaded the game (Thank god all the saves where still there) And was finally able to finish the game... Now I must tell you I am a bit of an achievement wh*re and I am 100% sure I put the settings of the game on hard... Now after the DVD read error I thought I noticed the enemies where a lot easier.. I finish the game and guess what?

I only get the Easy achievement... :( not the medium and the hard ones :(.
This really really sucks for me. I Loved tomb raider legend it was a great port to the 360 with 0 bugs for me.. I got 1000 achievement points on it and this experience made me run to the stores for TRA... at this moment my roommate doesn't even understand why I keep bothering with it... I guess it is because I know that underneath the woe's lies a damn good game.

Dishwasher
10th Nov 2007, 01:24
Oh btw... when you simple go back to the main menu of TRA after playing and then quit to the dashboard of your XBOX360 before shutting down your Xbox all the savegame data will be fine.

Dishwasher
10th Nov 2007, 01:28
I have had the same problem also.

I infact completed the whole game collecting all of the Artifacts and Relics yesterday afternoon. I also did the first 2 Peru levels on time trials. I came to switch on today and booted up the game. When i went to do the time trials, my saved game data was all lost too.

I have a feeling it has something to do with signing into your account on some one elses xbox. I have my profile on a friends system and it sometimes signs in as me when he boots up. It apparently happened yesterday evening and thats probably when the data went wandering.

Itd be nice if i could get confirmation on this and itd be nice to get a fix for the problem. I dont fancy having to retrieve all of the relics each time i come to play the game.

This story seems to support my time trial theory.. I have two 360's on two tvsets and tried your siging in on another xbox theory.. no problems for me there.

Btw excuse me for not testing the time trial shutdown thingie again... If I have to go trough peru collecting everything once more I'm gonna go crazy :D

Shadrac
29th Dec 2007, 23:29
I just had the same problem. Got all relics and artifacts up through Greece, got to the first level in Egypt, saved and quit. Rebooted later, chose "resume" and the game starts me in Croft manor. All "quest" items had been completed in Croft manor, so I started in the music room, but my stats listed no artifacts. Manually loaded my actual Egypt savegame and the same circumstances happened as with the poster above (i.e. picking up ammo showed the hint screen as if it was my first time picking up ammo). Saving showed my progress at 0% and all unlocked items were gone.

When going through Croft manor in this state, stats list no artifacts found, but when I go to their location, the artifacts are gone. Restarted Croft manor from scratch, ran through to completion. Saved at the suggested save point in the music room and exit. Try to get back into Croft manor and the game gives the "Corrupted Save" error. Again, saved to my hard drive. The only way to correct is to manually erase the savegame from my hard drive.

Same (BIG) problem

WILTRON
2nd Jan 2008, 14:42

I had the exact same problem. Very frustrating.